User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Jul 2004, 20:35   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
So, this chick from work...

...is going to an 'action group' to support children who have been excluded from schools, and thus are unable to sit their GCSE's. She mentioned this today, and funnily enough, its only taking place at my old school.

Now, I thought about this for a second, and I raised my point to her. I know what schools in East London are like, I know just how much of a bad egg you have to be to get kicked out of them. I also know that 95% of the kids who stay in the school turn up to be scum, so what hope is there that the ones that have been excluded will ever turn into a positive contribution to society.

My point to her was that we should cut our losses, and let those who will not put the effort in to help themselves miss their GCSE's and head off to their life of crime. Now, I realise this isnt exactly a politically correct standpoint, but where do you all stand on this, should kids who have been repeatedly excluded from schools really be given yet another chance?
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 20:47   #2
StaticX

StaticX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: So, this chick from work...

Those who get expelled usually have some type of psychological problems and before giving up on them these issues need to be adressed. Of course, some will be easier than others so if she helps at least 1 person from being a scum sucking smackhead mugging old ladies for 25p then I say go for it. Personally, I think the whole approach to those who are incompatible to the modern scholl learnign environment should be treated in a more understanding way. Its like sending drug addicts to jail rather than rehabilitaion, pointless.
Barney is singing about, dancing away the blues, while a racially balanced group of mutant children twitch arrhythmically behind him. And you wonder why rock stars throw TV sets from hotel-room windows.
StaticX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 20:50   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Studying currently, in a south-east London Grammar school, and actually seeing how far kids have to go before being permanently excluded, they are indeed lost cases. It's more due to the environment we grow up which affects our behaviour. than psychological problems, to be honest though.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:02   #4
StaticX

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
It's more due to the environment we grow up which affects our behaviour. than psychological problems, to be honest though.
That's pretty much what I meant, just didn't state it very well.
Barney is singing about, dancing away the blues, while a racially balanced group of mutant children twitch arrhythmically behind him. And you wonder why rock stars throw TV sets from hotel-room windows.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:03   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I say just shoot them.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:16   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Now, I realise this isnt exactly a politically correct standpoint, but where do you all stand on this, should kids who have been repeatedly excluded from schools really be given yet another chance?
What's the alternative? This is not a moral argument. It's not about being "poltically correct". It's about being sensible.

Aside from literally shooting them, what else are you going to do? As Michael Caine said once (paraphrasing), "The poor may not make violent revolution but they will nick your VCR every single night, so we might want to spend some money on solving problems".

It's not "fair" on some levels that people who have continuously wasted chances get more resources directed at them. But the alternative would be a more atomised society, more fear and more crime. Go look at South Africa where there are entire districts completley atomised by system politics (historically).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:19   #7
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Exactly, so shoot them. Save money by doing it in advance - have an 11+ exam but instead of going to a grammar school, you get to live. We're getting a bit crowded anyway. No flaws as I see it.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:21   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Exactly, so shoot them. Save money by doing it in advance - have an 11+ exam but instead of going to a grammar school, you get to live. We're getting a bit crowded anyway. No flaws as I see it.
Unfortunately (?) I'm not sure many people would support the mass murder of children whose only crime was to fail a test.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:22   #9
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Unfortunately (?) I'm not sure many people would support the mass murder of children whose only crime was to fail a test.
They will when we explain the benefits - less crime, lower tax, better health as care isnt wasted on **** ups injuring themselves/others, better education as resources are directed at those who want to be there. I'm sure there's many other as well.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:25   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
They will when we explain the benefits - less crime, lower tax, better health as care isnt wasted on **** ups injuring themselves/others, better education as resources are directed at those who want to be there. I'm sure there's many other as well.
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who would fail the test who wouldn't necessarily commit crimes, etc. You need people to do menial jobs like cleaning and such. I'm pretty sure I would have done quite badly in any 11+ test but I suppose you can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:27   #11
StaticX

Quote:
Then we can send them after criminals, the unemployed, the homeless, orphans as it will save money. Then we can send them to africa to kill everyone who has aids so we don't need to send aid. Problem solved.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:29   #12
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticX
Then we can send them after criminals, the unemployed, the homeless, orphans as it will save money. Then we can send them to africa to kill everyone who has aids so we don't need to send aid. Problem solved.
Now you're just being silly.

Edit: I'm serious, I mean the unemployed and homeless and orphans typically dont mean to be in their 'state', it's not their 'fault'. It is criminals and wasters so shoot them.

Edit2: Dante - it wouldnt be mass murder for many years, jsut a couple then they'd get the message.

Last edited by Stew; 11 Jul 2004 at 21:34.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:36   #13
StaticX

Quote:
Now you're just being silly.
Actually, I'm being very practical if not moral. We have an epidemic for which we have no cure and and uneducated population who continue to spread this diease. Rather than spending more money on teaching them about safer sex we can just shoot them.

EDIT: Those who grow up in troubled homes with mentally abusive parentes don't have a choice in the matter either so why should they die and not orphans?
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:37   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Since I hate all children regardless of how mentally capable they are I'd claim that only killing the stupid ones is discrimination and that we should kill them all and allow man-kind to gracefully decend into a 60 year long renaissance of sorts.

Not your ordinary kind of renaissance, more like a 'quiet pint down the pub, Sunday football, Terry Wogan' kind.

After which we'd all be dead anyway.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:42   #15
StaticX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Since I hate all children regardless of how mentally capable they are I'd claim that only killing the stupid ones is discrimination and that we should kill them all and allow man-kind to gracefully decend into a 60 year long renaissance of sorts.

Not your ordinary kind of renaissance, more like a 'quiet pint down the pub, Sunday football, Terry Wogan' kind.

After which we'd all be dead anyway.
I know some really annoying ''adults', how about selective culling of them as well?
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:43   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Edit2: Dante - it wouldnt be mass murder for many years, jsut a couple then they'd get the message.
What message, that they should do better in a test? You were talking about killing everyone who failed a test. Not all trouble makers are stupid, and not all stupid people are trouble makers so you need to be careful with what you're talking about. It's OK to advocate fascist policies calling for the murder of innocents, you just need to be precise in your terms. Which children do you wish to be massacred? On what grounds? What criteria are you going to use to measure this? And so on.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:44   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hate certain adults on an adult-by-adult basis; I hate all children unconditionally. Kill everything, **** it.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 21:48   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Which children do you wish to be massacred?
Townies.

Quote:
On what grounds?
They're ****ing annoying and do nothing positive to society.

Quote:
What criteria are you going to use to measure this?
Hmm - you're right a test isnt really optimal, especially intelligence. I need to think about this.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 22:37   #19
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

we should just cut our loses and send all those who are permently expelled to prison, sort of cut out the middle man (i.e. they'll probably end up there anyway after a life crime). also, we need to bring back the death sentance for murders, rapists etc to make more room in the prisons for these expelled low-life townies (i'm fairly sure that 95% of expelled students are townies)
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:00   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

My housemate got expelled from school. He now earns £10k+ more than me.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:03   #21
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
My housemate got expelled from school. He now earns £10k+ more than me.
Under my plan, you could have had that job and thus money although I thought money didnt mean anything to you...
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:05   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Under my plan, you could have had that job and thus money although I thought money didnt mean anything to you...
I don't really want his job (not that I could do it). If I wanted to earn more money I'd have made various different choices throughout my life.

I'm just indicating the "if you get expelled you're automatically a failure" thing is kind of crap.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:06   #23
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Kill them."

"Kill them all."

[/Hudson]
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:24   #24
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

I think outlying communities on the north west scottish isle's should be evacuated and turned into prison islands.

Send em all there, then at least if they want to come steal and mug from us they'll have to learn summit pratical and hence can be rehabilitated.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:30   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I hate certain adults on an adult-by-adult basis; I hate all children unconditionally. Kill everything, **** it.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:38   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread assumes too much. Nobody even deserves one chance.

Providing education/qualifications to those who have excluded from their schools is a perfectly valid idea though. Life would be more exciting with intelligent criminals.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:41   #27
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Life would be more exciting with intelligent criminals.
in the same way as Russian Roulette would be more exciting with no empty chambers!
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:42   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: So, this chick from work...

This thread is astonishingly bad, even by the standards of GD.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:47   #29
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
not so much 'astonishingly bad' as 'not really that overwhelmingly good'.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:53   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Your avatar should approve of the simple right-wing blinkered idiocy of it though. There are people advocating the violent murder of the poor after all.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:56   #31
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
There are people advocating the violent murder of the poor after all.
You say it like there is a better option.
Boot camps!?
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:57   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Your avatar should approve of the simple right-wing blinkered idiocy of it though. There are people advocating the violent murder of the poor after all.

Capmag also approves. Between margaret thatcher and capmag I think we've found a sufficiently diverse, rational and unbiased viewpoint to declare poor people a menace to society which requires elimination.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:57   #33
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Jane Fonda on the screen today
Convinced the liberals it's okay
So let's get dressed and dance away the night
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 23:58   #34
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: So, this chick from work...

Quote:
Your avatar should approve of the simple right-wing blinkered idiocy of it though.
Margaret abides.

Quote:
There are people advocating the violent murder of the poor after all.
Tbh, this is all about emotion and tribalism. I don't consider any of this nonsense about shooting people constructive, or even particularly rational. It's all waffle.

The only thing it's useful for is highlighting how fragmented and pitiful society has become. Two nations, indeed.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:02   #35
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Stew, are you saying that a person who is expelled from school should be shot?
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:04   #36
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazi Starbucks
Stew, are you saying that a person who is expelled from school should be shot?
Not in a serious way, no.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:07   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
You say it like there is a better option.
Boot camps!?
I'd prefer the violent murder of the rich.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:08   #38
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
I'd prefer the violent murder of the rich.

Lets just think about this for a minute.
Where would the world be without the rich?
No, not there, take off your hammer and sickle tinted goggles?
Now look.
Not great is it?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:12   #39
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
...is going to an 'action group' to support children who have been excluded from schools, and thus are unable to sit their GCSE's. She mentioned this today, and funnily enough, its only taking place at my old school.

Now, I thought about this for a second, and I raised my point to her. I know what schools in East London are like, I know just how much of a bad egg you have to be to get kicked out of them. I also know that 95% of the kids who stay in the school turn up to be scum, so what hope is there that the ones that have been excluded will ever turn into a positive contribution to society.

My point to her was that we should cut our losses, and let those who will not put the effort in to help themselves miss their GCSE's and head off to their life of crime. Now, I realise this isnt exactly a politically correct standpoint, but where do you all stand on this, should kids who have been repeatedly excluded from schools really be given yet another chance?
Sounds like my old school in Hackney.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:14   #40
Stew
Made of Twigs

Also, after viewing the title of this thread and without looking at the creator, did anyone else expect it to be Dace?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:17   #41
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Not great is it?
A damn sight better than without the poor, if that's the absurd comparison you're making.

The majority (as far as I can see) of the truly wealthy aren't contributing anything in any real sense. They may have done previously, but their current contribution is hardly anything noteworthy (on average, there are exceptions). To adapt Proudhon's hypothesis, if we were to kill the hundred richest people in the world (say) then the world would not be significantly worse off. Even the top 1000 (although this probably includes some cultural producers I suppose).

Fortunately we don't decide who to kill based on their contribution - well, outside fascist or similarly totalitarian socetieis.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:19   #42
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Well they should be helped.
Alot of ADHD kids get excluded from school.
But its not actually their fault.
The education system should try and deal with problem kids, at least look into why they are behaving badly.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:20   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

Most people confuse rich with upper middle class (the people who sit in their office for 60 hours a week doing work involving similar effort to the working classes but largely with a greater, poor word selection, end product).
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 00:36   #44
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you can still stick your chariots up your arse though.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 02:48   #45
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Also, after viewing the title of this thread and without looking at the creator, did anyone else expect it to be Dace?

I know i did.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:16   #46
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

they should make school voluntary, not compulsory. that way, the ones who actually want to learn, don't get disturbed by the f*ck-ups who don't want to be there
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:18   #47
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
they should make school voluntary, not compulsory. that way, the ones who actually want to learn, don't get disturbed by the f*ck-ups who don't want to be there
w-hat
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:25   #48
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm probably being hideously naive here, but I think they deserve the chance to get those qualifications. At the age of 16 they're still growing up, so still have time to mature. You can't declare them social outcasts at that age. It simply isn't fair, as their lives could be potentially ruined for the future by a few unfortunate incidents when they were a teenager.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:40   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Agreed.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 15:43   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, because at age 11 I enjoyed going to school so much I even turned up early on sunday mornings.