User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:03   #1
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Who here takes (or has taken) anti-depressants

SA scares me because about 80% of people in GBS seem to shovel around 4 kilos of paxil into their bloated carcasses every day, and I was just wondering if this is true of internet forum postes in general (because they are all angsty nerds except me), or just true regarding SA denizens since they are largely American (youd be depressed too if you were fat and stupid am i rite).
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:06   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Who here takes (or has taken) anti-depressants

I dont take any drugs .
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:06   #3
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not american and i don't eat anti-depressants. and i'm with sa so no. ho ho ho.

christmas seems so long ago
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:15   #4
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alcohol is my anti-depressant
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:18   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Steve_G is the guy you want to hook you up nod
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:20   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
Steve_G is the guy you want to hook you up nod
Im happy :) :) :) :)

I am just trying to shed some light on a curious cultural phenomenon.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:27   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

internet people r more enlightened n realize that life sux dont u no

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:30   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have never taken anti-depressants.

I'd think it's both reasons though. The United States seems to have high rates of anti-depressants (alienation & atomisation & high pressure society = the win) in general, but obviously alienation, etc is going to be highest amongst geeks for various reasons.

There's research about the relationship between intelligence & suicide rates, so it's probably because they're all so cool and smart.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 18 Jan 2004 at 19:35.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:33   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Not yet. Plenty of time to learn though.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:35   #10
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I have never taken anti-depressants.

I'd think it's both reasons though. The United States seems to have high rates of anti-depressants (alienation & atomisation & high pressure society = the win) in general
I'm not convinced that Americans actually suffer from depression to a significantly greater degree than the rest of the world. Increased use of anti-depressents doesnt necessarily entail increased depression - it could just be because use of anti-depressants is more firmly ingrained into American culture, and considered more socially acceptable, than elsewhere.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:36   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Yeah, like how they all have a pshrink
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:38   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

using anti-depressants is like a ****ing flag. If you can say "im on X Y and Z meds" your intelligent depressed all knowing world hating internet persona goes +++. People LOVE being "unlucky", the whole "everyones against me" complex.

In conclusion, people are shit

Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:38   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Who here takes (or has taken) anti-depressants

My mother has taken anti-depressants, but I haven't.

I'll ask her to report back to you if you want.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:42   #14
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
My mother has taken anti-depressants, but I haven't.

I'll ask her to report back to you if you want.
I didnt really have any question about them, was just wondering how many people used them.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 19:46   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
using anti-depressants is like a ****ing flag.
Yeah, I think that might be simplifying the issue just a tad, since I'm sure quite a few people keep it secret.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 20:04   #16
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

GD is my anti-depressant.

The amusing comments, the anecdotes, the fun and games, the moderator oppression.

It's all good.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 20:08   #17
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

That was a knife, this is a sword.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 20:32   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Yeah, I think that might be simplifying the issue just a tad, since I'm sure quite a few people keep it secret.
You knew what i meant. It was a response to nodrogs "80% of SA forum users seem to do it" - obviously he only knows/thinks this because they talk about it, etc etc.

Unread 18 Jan 2004, 20:33   #19
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was asked by my GP if I thought they would be beneficial but I turned him down.

Yo!
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 20:41   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I'm not convinced that Americans actually suffer from depression to a significantly greater degree than the rest of the world.
Maybe, but I don't think it's unreasonable to presume that rates of depression vary from country to country (or from group to group inside a country).

Deffeh : Maybe there are some people (maybe even the majority) who take anti-depressants as some "being cool" statement, but I doubt that it applies to everyone. Even the people who post about it on internet forums aren't necessarily doing so to gain credibility, they might in-fact find it quite a painful thing to talk about.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 20:42   #21
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

No, I didn't score enough points on my GP's "Are you depressed?" quiz.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 20:46   #22
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Nope. I rarely take medicines. Not even asperin.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 20:48   #23
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

AD is for hypocondriacs
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 20:52   #24
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

My father used them. They didn't prevent him ending his life though.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 21:33   #25
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that heart warming story, despression is hereditary dont ya know.
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 21:39   #26
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Apparrently it's v bad in north america.

Tell me nod is the majority of GBS users north americans?

It seems most of my gf's friends and family have been prescribed enough medication that would of pacified Jack the ripper.

(for example a friend the same age as her is on an anti anxiety in the morning and three times a day of anti-depressant and has been for ages and it really sounds like she's suffered nothing worse than what we do here and just toughen up over it)

Also anti-depressants seem to have a nature of neutralising sexual desire which would be in keeping with the insidious program over there of quelling urges in that oh so christian way. What parent wouldn't endorse giving their offspring or encouraging them at any age to take anti-depressants if they know they won't be shagging around as much with them in them.

Etc etc.

I'd like to think it's more to do with the social enviroment as well, round here I just don't think Anti-depressant medication is anything anyone desires on their cv under medical things.

In america you are probably considered a terrorist if you haven't been on Zoloft for more than two years.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 22:01   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well, there's the quote 'Americans have psychiatrists. Englishmen have friends.'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 22:02   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Maybe, but I don't think it's unreasonable to presume that rates of depression vary from country to country (or from group to group inside a country).

Deffeh : Maybe there are some people (maybe even the majority) who take anti-depressants as some "being cool" statement, but I doubt that it applies to everyone. Even the people who post about it on internet forums aren't necessarily doing so to gain credibility, they might in-fact find it quite a painful thing to talk about.
Lots of maybes. I think this comes down to a difference in our trusting of peoples intentions.

Unread 18 Jan 2004, 22:04   #29
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No

and No

And no for a third time in case you come up with a question about taking drugs which requires me to say No again.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 22:08   #30
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Started taking them last week.

:O(
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 22:10   #31
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
Started taking them last week.

:O(
You won't believe how hard I try these days not to troll someone with an opportunity like this.

It may just make me depressed.

I didn't troll cause I thought behind the reasons why you are on them before even thinking of the rules.

Maybe here in lies the problem of depression.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 22:12   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Lots of maybes. I think this comes down to a difference in our trusting of peoples intentions.
Well, 2 in fact. One applying to your point, one applying to his, which kind of balances things.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 22:13   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
What's there to trust about? If someone posts that they are on anti-depressants (e.g. in a thread like this) they could be on such medication simply to look cool (i.e. they anticipated a thread like this would arise and modelled their lifestyle around it) or it could be they were facing some problems in their life.

It's not about trust, if you automatically assume the former you're a borderline delusional paranoid.

I only know two people who have been on anti-depressants and neither of them were particularly attention whoring about it, and they certainly didn't do it to be part of some club.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 22:13   #34
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Never, possibly needed them at one point.
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 22:17   #35
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

I've never taken any, but at work we are getting medical forms back from people who we have offered jobs to and depression seems to crop up quite often on those. Admittedly, its mostly in women with post-natal depression, but it crops up a fair bit ll over.

Although, its nicer to see depression as the reason they were off sick than the gross people who just go into faaaar too much detail of their gross ailments. Some of them make me feel ill just reading it.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 22:26   #36
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
In america you are probably considered a terrorist if you haven't been on Zoloft for more than two years.
I've never been on anti-depressants. :/

Although occasionally, after reading GD, I wonder...
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 00:02   #37
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Nope.
Although i'm well game.
Used to be well against them.

However the quote i saw on radiohead.com a while back made me decide maybe they are ok. Not sure if they are the best long term solution though, more like a quick fix that would probably be better delt with if they got to the root of the depression (providing it's not genetic or something).

"Humans were designed to live with short term stress like running away from a Lion. Not the modern day subtle stress brought on by peer-pressure (social stuff) and the media."

Or something to that effect.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 00:13   #38
Yamamoto

Yamamoto is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this.
Yamamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 00:18   #39
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
What's there to trust about? If someone posts that they are on anti-depressants (e.g. in a thread like this) they could be on such medication simply to look cool (i.e. they anticipated a thread like this would arise and modelled their lifestyle around it) or it could be they were facing some problems in their life.

It's not about trust, if you automatically assume the former you're a borderline delusional paranoid.

I only know two people who have been on anti-depressants and neither of them were particularly attention whoring about it, and they certainly didn't do it to be part of some club.
You can't be denying the existance of the in built sympathetic nature of us as human beings, something which is easy to pray on. "Im depressed" is simply the easiest option. We all get sad. Some people hide it, some talk about it with friends. What good posting it on a forum full of strangers does ill never know (i exclude private forums and forums specifically set up to talk about such things etc). Now obviously its your own choice, and obviously everyone has there different reasons for doing it. Thats their right, and my right is to be hypercautious about believing a/ if what they are saying is true and b/ if they have a genuine motive other than attention for revealing this. Its not just stereotypically women, although its a very easy way to let down barriers. Look at this forum, this community. Rumad springs to mind.

Its not about looking cool, its about being noticed.

And i know its not everyone who whores it about, trust me, i know. Im just deeply suspicious of the "drugs'll fixit" attitude we have

Unread 19 Jan 2004, 00:22   #40
Nodrog

Hold on are you saying that depression is just being upset and things like bipolar disorder etc dont exist.
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 00:26   #41
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

no, im not. Im saying actual Depression is rarer than the amount of drugs prescribed for it would make you think

Unread 19 Jan 2004, 00:40   #42
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

being depressed (in the sense of low/unhappy) is only one symptom of depression. In my case, it's a relatively infrequent one. I do suffer quite badly from anxiety though. Depression also frequently causes excessive sleep and drowsiness or (more commonly) makes sleep difficult. It can also affect concentration.

So in my case, when I say i'm depressed I mean I sleep 15 hours or more a night and fall asleep during the day anyway. antidepressants can fix this. a depressive low only really affects me when i'm very stressed, once or twice a year at most. although i no longer have these problems to any great extent, since i'm on antidepressants.

you can be miserable all you want, that's not depression in the clinical sense.
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 02:27   #43
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

I think people should use more of these, and the state should buy the patent and mass product it, so it could be delivered for anyone at a ludicrously low price.
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 02:30   #44
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Never taken em,am quite scared of taking mind altering drug even if they are prescribed by a doctor etc.
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 02:34   #45
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
That was a knife, this is a sword.
hang on, that sword is like 50 quid?

i want one
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 02:48   #46
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Never taken em,am quite scared of taking mind altering drug even if they are prescribed by a doctor etc.
Dont you feel like you are losing a great deal of good experiences?
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 03:12   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No. But most monday mornings I consider it.
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 03:19   #48
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
Dont you feel like you are losing a great deal of good experiences?
Erm maybe,however my uncle lost his mind after using various hallucinogenic drugs.He now lives from hostel to hospital and has nothing.He's a pain in the fking arse,mentally ill and seriously unhappy all the time. With a history of schizophrenia in my family the risks are quite large.

He didnt do well on anti-depressants either,they made him worse.
I've no desire to touch the things,alcohol is about the only drug I use,I've smoked hash once in a while but it didnt really do much for me.

Personally I think vast amounts of drugs are overprescribed,anti-depressants being one of them.
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 03:31   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

It goes without saying but obviously I oppose the idea of prescription only drugs. Takers of our liberty!

Having said that, I don't think I'd ever take anti-depressants even if they were available over the counter for 50p a jar.

The last thing I need is some pills to make me even more apathetic, inane and sexually inadequate.
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 03:35   #50
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The last thing I need is some pills to make me even more apathetic, inane and sexually inadequate.
True; you've already got GD for that.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote