User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:25   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Those jobs i applied for ...

I got an e-mail response.

Check it out:

------

Dear Sir/Madam

I can confirm that we have now received your application form. However, to
ensure the best use of Glasgow City Council resources, only applicant's
shortleeted for interview will be notified. If you do not hear within 8 weeks of
the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this
occasion.

Kind Regards

Land Services Personnel

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 15 December 2003 23:23
To:
Subject:

Please find attached my application for ...

If there are any problems with it (eg boxes appearing blank) don't hesitate to
contact me.

I would be extremely grateful if you could confirm your successful receipt of
this e-mail (and attachment) by e-mail.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Peter Rankin

--------

Can you spot the thing which makes me think they didn't look too closely at my e-mail?
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:27   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Those jobs i applied for ...

Also:

"only applicant's shortleeted for interview will be notified."
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:28   #3
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no idea what makes you think that Madam
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:29   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

BINGO Grimble!
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:29   #5
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

what*

*oh
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:30   #6
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Peter?

Its the name of the restaurant which i eat when i go to visit an old friend. St. Peter´s actually.

Which job was it?
Baron Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:32   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
Which job was it?

If i wanted that known i wouldn't have edited the e-mail :)
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:37   #8
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

I know. I thought that you might slip this time

I presume you will work with the maior or politicians in glasgow, though.
PUblic service ahoy
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:38   #9
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

So, which job was it?
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:39   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Shut up Grimble.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:59   #11
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Its either too good or too bad
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 21:30   #12
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Also 8 weeks?
Usually it's less than that.

Translation: **** off and don't bother us.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 21:33   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well, i can safely say one thing, personell musyt hate you, as normally they reply to everyone
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 21:49   #14
CharlieB
Pegasus Rising

CharlieB is an unknown quantity at this point

and really was there a need to insult there intelgience.

eg boxes blank.

Do you think there that stupid.

you gonna be unemployed foreva
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 21:52   #15
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Also 8 weeks?

nope hes applied for a job wiv the council 8 weeks is quick. They will probabaly call in ten and offer him the job.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 01:16   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

a) They always have a general response to these sorts of things. My work is a relatively crappy unknown Housing Association and for a recent admin position (dull job, crap pay) they had close to a hundred applicants. Would you want to personally respond to every freakin' retard who applies?

b) They say 8 weeks so you NEVER phone them. Plus, as someone has noted, they are the council and are probably crap.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 13:54   #17
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Peter is a delightful name for a pretty young lady such as yourself.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 14:03   #18
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

So, which job was it?
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 14:22   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieB
and really was there a need to insult there intelgience.

eg boxes blank.

Do you think there that stupid.

you gonna be unemployed foreva

It wasn't their stupidity i was worried about it was mine (in case the attachment process ****ed up or something and instead of sending in a fully filled out form i sent in a blank one etc).
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 14:22   #20
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Grimble
So, which job was it?

Hush.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 14:26   #21
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
the majority of council jobs are given to internal people, but they have to advertise as its law

The jobs i applied for are pretty much at the bottom of the "ladder" (as such i don't see how they could have someone already working for them who wants these jobs because they are in a lower job than the ones advertised).
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:33   #22
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

Tell us more about this job.

Which job was it?
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:47   #23
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

f*ck off grimble .
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:58   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Those jobs i applied for ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Dear Sir/Madam
Couldn't they tell, Dace, or was it just that they couldn't be arsed to send you an individual response?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 23:09   #25
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I got an e-mail response.

Check it out:

------

Dear Sir/Madam

I can confirm that we have now received your application form. However, to
ensure the best use of Glasgow City Council resources, only applicant's
shortleeted for interview will be notified. If you do not hear within 8 weeks of
the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this
occasion.

Kind Regards

Land Services Personnel

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 15 December 2003 23:23
To:
Subject:

Please find attached my application for ...

If there are any problems with it (eg boxes appearing blank) don't hesitate to
contact me.

I would be extremely grateful if you could confirm your successful receipt of
this e-mail (and attachment) by e-mail.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Peter Rankin

--------

Can you spot the thing which makes me think they didn't look too closely at my e-mail?
Do you maybe know someone from dunblane named Scott McGhee? I think hes 18 or 19, hes at first year uni with me at stirling anyway

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 00:17   #26
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Also 8 weeks?

No, it means **** off for now, but we will keep you in mind in case the person we hired quits/fired/dies.

PS, tell the bitch shortleeted is not a word and give her a link to www.dictionary.com (If you want to burn your bridges)
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 01:38   #27
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Do you maybe know someone from dunblane named Scott McGhee? I think hes 18 or 19, hes at first year uni with me at stirling anyway

I don't but my younger siblings might.

Why?

Is he a "friend"* of yours now?

*bum chum
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 01:41   #28
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Couldn't they tell, Dace, or was it just that they couldn't be arsed to send you an individual response?

Well seeing as how i put "Mr Peter Rankin" in my e-mail 'm guessing that they knew my gender but not caring about the poor impression they might create of Glasgow Council (ie they don't care about detail etc) just couldn't be arsed sending me an individual response.
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 01:43   #29
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
If you want to burn your bridges

I'd rather not do that (i quite like the idea of working for the council ... low pay low stress etc).