User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 08:20   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Donnie Darko Bakes my Noodle [Discussion][Spoilers]

Ok ,ok. Now im going to leave this one for some answers while i sleep, which is unlikely because im trying to justify the movie in my head.

1. The world ends in 28 days yadda yadda yadda. When Donnie dies, does this mean the world isnt going to end? Because if Donnie is dead, then he cant burn down the Paedo's house, so his mother is never going to need to take the dance troup to the show, and thus is not going to be on the plane. Hence, the engine wont drop through the roof and kill him.

2. Gretchen is a total irrelevance. Realistically, so is Frank, since by killing him, he becomes the spectre, but since Donnie is dead, Frank wont die 28 days from now due to Donnie shooting him. Is this why Donnie doesnt get out of bed that evening, because Frank hasnt died and told him to come meet him?

3. Why is the world going to end. I mean, theres absoloutely no ****ing explanation as to why its going to end, simply that it is. Is its a side effect from a ****ing huge set of time ripples wandering through reality that eventually tears it apart, or were they just too ****ing lazy to explain it properly (ill get the DVD, which probably explains a shitload more).

4. Was the whole film , the whole 28 days, just a product of Donnie's psychotic, paranoid delusional mind, bearing in mind the fact that your whole life "Flashes before your eyes the second before you die" and perhaps in his psychotic state, thats what Darko actually sees as "Living" and he hasnt been "Living" up until then.

5. When will i find a film in which Drew Barrymore get her nipples out for the camera? Shes a damned fine actress and one of my "Top 10 celebrity gangbang" candidates. MORE NAKED DREW BARRYMORE EFFESS!

Regards
A dishevelled and mentally worn out Kura
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 11:09   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Donnie Darko Bakes my Noodle [Discussion][Spoilers]

4. I liked MrL's explanation: "It's like It's A Wonderful Life or whatever it's called. In that film, an angel shows the protagonist what things would be like if he had died, and because they're 'worse', he chooses to live.

In Donnie Darko, Donnie sees what things would be like if he had lived."

even though its wrong.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 12:51   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Can't we have a permanently stickied thread relating to all Donnie Darko material?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:15   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1. See 4. It's not the earth being destroyed (as it were), but that 'line of causality'.

2. God knows.

3. 'The world' does end, in the sense that that reality no longer exists. I think that's what it means.

4. The writer meant it to be that when everything goes wrong a cosmic wormhole opens up and makes things different!!!!!!

This is what you get when people read Hawking, and misunderstand the already bad physics in the book.

5. Just watch Charlies Angel's 2. It has a market, and it gets it bang on.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:21   #5
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

I agree with MrL.

It's still a great film though.

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to sparkle motion."
"I think you are the ****ing Anti-Christ."
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:11   #6
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

No,
It's so deeply flawed, I hated it.

I've thought long and hard about this, and I think where they went wrong is trying to find a way of putting the lives of the entire world in the hands of a '''''typical'''''' American teenager.
The film basicly goes on to say another timeline would be created by sending a plane engine 'back in time'. The idea that Donnie could prevent this by dying is stupid. Regardless of whether he lives or dies that plane is gonna fly. A more accurate film would have him trying to blow up the aircraft before it took off, that at least would be plausable.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:14   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A more accurate film about time-travel and involving giant rabbits, yeah?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:17   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The time travel could be more accurate, and the giant rabbit isn't a giant rabbit.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:25   #9
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
A more accurate film about time-travel and involving giant rabbits, yeah?
Yeah,
On a similar note, did anyone else get pissed off by Doc Brown's claim in 'Back to the future' that meeting yourself would destroy the universe?
These things need explaining.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:35   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It's like, to quote The Witches of Chiswick, David Warner in Time Cop. (Or whatever film it is)
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 15:53   #11
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
David Warner in Time Cop.

Wasn't that Jean Claude Van Damme?
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 16:16   #12
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

donnie darko is a good film with a terrible plot.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:17   #13
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Its A ****ing Film
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:17   #14
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Whoah. you can like no longer type in all caps
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:23   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Donnie Darko Bakes my Noodle [Discussion][Spoilers]

(You do realise that nobody out there in the real world gives one tiny shit about your application of the values of reason and analysis to it, and that it generally works purely on an emotional level, right?)
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:24   #16
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

what i said but longer
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:28   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerbarn

I found that out ALONG time ago.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:34   #18
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

its quite upsetting the first time :(
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:36   #19
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

It's a mad world.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:38   #20
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
its quite upsetting the first time :(

In time the pain fades.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:41   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I CAN.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:45   #22
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point

DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL SPECIAL MRL???
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:45   #23
Dace
so f*cking zen

That's it Mark.

Draw attention to the way to get round it.

Get Karm to **** with the forums some more and take away my prefered method of posting by taking away the loophole to the rule.

****!
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:48   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
That's it Mark.

Draw attention to the way to get round it.
By 'posting'?
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:52   #25
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

mods might be able to anyway. They are all gay you know. Should see the mod forums
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:56   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
By 'posting'?

No, by saying "this is how you get round it" in a thread which a mod might more closely scrutinise how you did it (ie attention had already been drawn to the point by Nick).
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 18:26   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
mods might be able to anyway. They are all gay you know. Should see the mod forums
Have you sorted out this socialising/piss-up thing for the end of January yet?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 21:37   #28
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

donnie darko was ace.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 01:32   #29
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
(You do realise that nobody out there in the real world gives one tiny shit about your application of the values of reason and analysis to it, and that it generally works purely on an emotional level, right?)
Was that directed at me?

If so, I was just saying I'd liek a film to make sense, or time travel will just become an excuse for writing a load of crap.

Person A: **** that film was utter bollocks.
Person B: That's ok, its a time travel film. Its meant to be.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 01:37   #30
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Donnie Darko Bakes my Noodle [Discussion][Spoilers]

It was directed at those people at large who were adjusting their assorted measuring devices and pointing them at the film.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 02:35   #31
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Why bother analysing this film?
I quite liked being confused.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 16:13   #32
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Why bother analysing this film?
I quite liked being confused.
Its not confusing, its just wrong.

*Hands a card with 'PTO' on both sides to Weeks.*
Enjoy.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:41   #33
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

I get the feeling people only say they liked this movie so they can look 'unique'. I thought it was crap.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:43   #34
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

why is it that everyone that watches DD are struck with a urgent need to come here and post about it?
The movie does not make sense. Live with it
Baron Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:43   #35
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

It's not very unique to enjoy the movie. I'd say more people like it than dislike it, out of those that have seen it.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:45   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
It was directed at those people at large who were adjusting their assorted measuring devices and pointing them at the film.
I want to be able to focus on the screen
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 22:15   #37
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
I want to be able to focus on the screen
That's what Mendel said.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 00:18   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
That's what Mendel said.
Gregor Mendel stars in Casino Royale?
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 00:25   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
what part of the film gave you the impression that in 28 days the world was going to end?
The voice over that implies something like that.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 00:41   #40
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

"Twenty Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty Two Minutes, Twelve Seconds... ...That is when the world will end"

I think that explains it
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 01:07   #41
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=Kurashima]Ok ,ok. Now im going to leave this one for some answers while i sleep, which is unlikely because im trying to justify the movie in my head.

1. The world ends in 28 days yadda yadda yadda. When Donnie dies, does this mean the world isnt going to end? Because if Donnie is dead, then he cant burn down the Paedo's house, so his mother is never going to need to take the dance troup to the show, and thus is not going to be on the plane. Hence, the engine wont drop through the roof and kill him.

>Its so Donnie can have loved, if you look at the little clips throughout, you will see he is the boy >that has never loved, hecne the whole gretchin thing, living and fulfilling his life.

2. Gretchen is a total irrelevance. Realistically, so is Frank, since by killing him, he becomes the spectre, but since Donnie is dead, Frank wont die 28 days from now due to Donnie shooting him. Is this why Donnie doesnt get out of bed that evening, because Frank hasnt died and told him to come meet him?

>Gretchen is part of the "he needs to feel love" before he dies.

3. Why is the world going to end. I mean, theres absoloutely no ****ing explanation as to why its going to end, simply that it is. Is its a side effect from a ****ing huge set of time ripples wandering through reality that eventually tears it apart, or were they just too ****ing lazy to explain it properly (ill get the DVD, which probably explains a shitload more).

>ITs a sci-fi film that involves time travel : ) its meant to make you think! (the dvd extras and >commentry help lots)

4. Was the whole film , the whole 28 days, just a product of Donnie's psychotic, paranoid delusional mind, bearing in mind the fact that your whole life "Flashes before your eyes the second before you die" and perhaps in his psychotic state, thats what Darko actually sees as "Living" and he hasnt been "Living" up until then.

>Well the pills were fakes, they were just water tablets as explained in the dvd extras, and he >wasnt insane.

5. When will i find a film in which Drew Barrymore get her nipples out for the camera? Shes a damned fine actress and one of my "Top 10 celebrity gangbang" candidates. MORE NAKED DREW BARRYMORE EFFESS!

>Shes over rated.. Maggie Gylenhaal > *
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 01:09   #42
Illogical
Property of merle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
why is it that everyone that watches DD are struck with a urgent need to come here and post about it?
The movie does not make sense. Live with it

try actually thinking, and for it to make secne you usually have to watch it more than once.

and yup ive seen it near enough 100 times as its probably the best film ive ever seen apart from LOTR
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 01:13   #43
Illogical
Property of merle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
donnie darko is a good film with a terrible plot.

And seeing it was Kellys first ever film i think he did a fking good job

he also kick started jake gylenhaal and maggie gylenhaals careers which is mucho kudos to him as Maggie was uber hot in Secretary
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 01:19   #44
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Gregor Mendel stars in Casino Royale?
He sure does.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 10:43   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illogical
try actually thinking, and for it to make secne you usually have to watch it more than once.
The time travel idea is unknowably dire. Again, like The Matrix, it's not a case of 'understand it dude', it's just bad.

(I'm talking about what it was desired that the film meant, until you find that out its a good film... perhaps it's the one film that you DON'T want to understand it.)
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 11:18   #46
Work_Child
Banned

Work_Child is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never seen this film so wont post anything constructive.
Work_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 18:41   #47
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illogical

and yup ive seen it near enough 100 times as its probably the best film ive ever seen apart from LOTR
How come that a dead person travels trhu time.
Not only is this person dead, but it travels in time.

Ive read some things about the movie and it said " the time was becaming corrupt, thats why the would would end"

becoming corrupt???

FFS!
Tell me, then, how does, exactly, a dead person does anything?
Baron Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 18:55   #48
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
Tell me, then, how does, exactly, a dead person does anything?

They decompose :lolerz:
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 19:19   #49
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

The Jakiri Position has been empirically proven to be correct wrt 'Donnie Darko'

Now can someone explain to me wtf happened in 'Mulholland Drive'?
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 19:26   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I'll tell you after I watch it again tomorrow.