User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:56   #1
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation So-Called 'British Comedy Award'

Full list of winners:

Comedy actor

Steve Coogan (I'm Alan Partridge/Cruise of the Gods)

Comedy actress

Ronni Ancona (The Big Impression)

Entertainment personality

Ant and Dec (Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway)

Comedy Newcomer

David Walliams (Little Britain)

New TV comedy

My New Best Friend

TV comedy

Coupling

Comedy drama

Cold Feet

Comedy entertainment programme

Friday Night With Jonathan Ross

International comedy show

Malcolm In The Middle

Comedy film

Calendar Girls

One.Tel People's Choice

Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway

Is it just me, or does this list speak volumes about how shit comedy is generally atm?

I didn't even know Cold Feet was still running.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:04   #2
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So-Called 'British Comedy Awards'

It does seem like a lean year. I like Little Britain though although Walliams has been around so long I don't see how they can call him a newcomer
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:05   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

british comedy isnt funny
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:06   #4
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Monty Python was the only British comedy that made me laugh.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:08   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Is this a long winded way of saying that you havent seen blackadder?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:09   #6
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Red dwarf?

And the things on ITV, what do you expect?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:10   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: So-Called 'British Comedy Awards'

Am I the only person in the world that really liked Bottom?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:12   #8
Nodrog

yeah, probably

Bottom pretty much sums up the majority of British comedy - 50% of it is "look at me, I'm either being self deprecating or am making a fool out of myself in a silly way! Laugh at me because its funny!", and the other half is stupid immature jokes done with no attempt at class/subtlelty whatsoever.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:18   #9
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Red dwarf?

And the things on ITV, what do you expect?
Red Dwarf had its moments, but it wasn't Ace like Monty. My fav was when they ended up back in time and prevented the JFK assination.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:21   #10
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh yeah... because that episode relates to your culture as oppose to ours!

head in a box!
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:22   #11
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

P.S if you arent american i profusely apologise
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:24   #12
Intrepid00

That's not why I liked it. I liked it because it made a really funny what if.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:24   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation Re: So-Called 'British Comedy Awards'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
yeah, probably

Bottom pretty much sums up the majority of British comedy - 50% of it is "look at me, I'm either being self deprecating or am making a fool out of myself in a silly way! Laugh at me because its funny!", and the other half is stupid immature jokes done with no attempt at class/subtlelty whatsoever.
I thought the whole reason that it exerted such a pull over me was that it didn't pretend to be 'light', subtle, or anything other than what it self-evidently was, which made it kind of fab. Nm though.

Most TV comedy nowadays is so slow, (on all avaliable levels) it's comatose.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:42   #14
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
british comedy isnt funny
there may be 100 bad shows to every good one, and this years crop might be exceptionally poor, but your statement is just so wrong. Off the top of my head Blackadder, League of Gentlemen, Father Ted, Phoenix Nights, even The Young Ones and Steptoe and Son... all undeniably funny and you know it.

btw was rab. c nesbitt a comedy or a documentary for you?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:45   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

thats a list of thoroughly shit shows. Only Coupling is remotely funny.

The fact Bo Selecta isnt mentioned in any capacity shows how shit the current crop of british comedy is.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:55   #16
1-X
overtired

does anyone else find it annoying that with any hit "britcom", the latest example being the office, the US have to have their own remake of it rewritten (diluted) and with much showbiz speculation over casting and "oh no will it be a hit?" melodrama, when they should just have our version and like it or **** off thankyou. (is this tv exec's being patronising, or viewers being xenophobic?)
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:00   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Little Britain's cool.

And the Armando Ianucci show is ****ing superb. Shame it probably wasn't nominated for anything.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:11   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
there may be 100 bad shows to every good one, and this years crop might be exceptionally poor, but your statement is just so wrong. Off the top of my head Blackadder, League of Gentlemen, Father Ted, Phoenix Nights, even The Young Ones and Steptoe and Son... all undeniably funny and you know it.

btw was rab. c nesbitt a comedy or a documentary for you?
Father Ted wasn't British. The fact c4 could offer to pay the writers more doesn't make it british heh. Don't rob us of the little dignity we have!

PS Blackadder makes up for so many bad comedy shows it's untrue.

PPS ANT AND DEC GOT AN AWARD? IT BETTER HAVE BEEN BOBBY-TRAPPED WITH FLESH EATING ANTS.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:50   #19
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

their bar is nice tho
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:53   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

cant really think of any yank comedy i like

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:54   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
cant really think of any yank comedy i like

Scrubs, Family Guy, Futurama, The Simpsons?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:55   #22
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerbarn
their bar is nice tho
I still prefer O'Neills

PS : I have two weeks off come the end of next month, and im shit bored. I suggest showing up randomly in Liverpool for a night out. Please find a specific "Occasion" for my arrival and i will do the necessary to get off this godforsaken island once more.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 04:14   #23
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

end of jan you say? I get paid thenish say i. Occasion you say? Bugger say i.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 04:32   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
end of jan you say? I get paid thenish say i. Occasion you say? Bugger say i.
I think you misinterpret me young Deerbarn.

What i mean is "If there is no occasion , no matter how insignificant or paltry it may be , then make one up"

I suggest "National Oliver Reed Appreciation Day" , where it becomes the duty of all involved to get completely pie eyed and make arses of themselves to as many people as possible.

Another round of Pub Golf may also be a possibility.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 04:35   #25
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

you dont drink you 'big' fag
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 04:42   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
you dont drink you 'big' fag
Why this would prevent you , me , and any other bodies dragged along for the day, from touring the various pubs and clubs of Liverpool escapes me currently.

Ill wear a t-shirt which says "Sober , and staying that way" just so nobody forgets and tries to buy me a drink , k?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 05:32   #27
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Malcolm In The Middle was the only non shite thing there.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 06:40   #28
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Bottom is ****ing brilliant.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:05   #29
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Hale & Pace
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:20   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The amount of funny British comedy seems to decline each year. Used to be Young Ones, Bottom, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Only Fools and Horses (when it was good). Even bizarre marginal things like Glam Metal Detectives or whtever.

Now the only thing I can think of even vaguely recently is Spaced. But then again, maybe things like 'Big Train' are genius and I'm just missing it. Even where there are a small amount of laughs to be had (The Fast Show, very small bits of Harry Enfield) they seem to be instantly forgettable laughs.

Once upon a time, the shows I'd watch ad nausea were a mix of American & British. Now they're pretty much all American.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:22   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Pray you never have to watch "Shoot the Writers"

I intend to write a comedy sketch for that just so i can prove that someone with no comedic talent whatsoever can actually get their sketch done on that show.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:26   #32
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

third series of black books is being filmed at the moment, should be on in the spring apparently
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 11:19   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Ant and Dec should be shot. (With bullets and cum.)
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 11:49   #34
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

i quite like them! face it, there is always going to be shitty saturday evening telly presenters. do you want noel edmonds back? DO YOU? what about bruce ****ing forsyth? and i wont even mention jim davidson

so yeah, we need shit evening telly presenters and i think we arent doing too badly with ant and dec.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:22   #35
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Scrubs, Family Guy, Futurama, The Simpsons?
Forgot about scrubs (and malcolm in the middle), and didnt even think about Cartoons.

But i cant believe at the UK awards there wasnt anything for Adam & Joe - i love them so ****ing much. I have "adam and joe sing the dogtanian theme" on my playlist right now.

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:24   #36
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bring back Oscar Wilde!
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:17   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I forgot about Adam & Joe. The best comedy from Brixton since....erm....well, pretty much ever.

Still, they've sullied themselves with that stupid ****ing advert.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:22   #38
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

they did a bit, but im confident in the fact that they only did it for the money. Do they look like they care too much in the ad? Nah, they just want the money, its not as if they are worried about people thinking they "sold out" or making arses of themselves.

Time for the Robert De Niro Calypso methinks

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:27   #39
Brunken Dastard
Is it your round?

Brunken Dastard is an unknown quantity at this point

British Comedy vs. American Comedy, surely there is no debate there? Especially if we go for an "all time" contest.

Agreed theres some crap out there now (Bo' Selecta for one) but we pretty much have the best of it. Coupling for one, i mean thats Friends only its actually funny. American shows are to serious most of the time to be comedy, they have to have a moralistic plot, British comedy quite thankfully doesnt give a sh*t!
Brunken Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:30   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunken Dastard
British Comedy vs. American Comedy, surely there is no debate there? Especially if we go for an "all time" contest.
I don't think it would be a walk-over either way. I mean there's real crap on both sides, especially on the US side further back (Golden Girls, Blossom, etc.). More recently US television has increased in quality dramatically (compare Seinfeld to Coach, or The Simpsons to The Flintstones or whatever).
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:34   #41
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gems in a sea of shite.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:35   #42
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

coupling was distinctly average anyway...
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:42   #43
Brunken Dastard
Is it your round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Seinfeld to Coach, or The Simpsons to The Flintstones.
it would be unfair to compare the Simpsons to the Flintstones, as whilst it may be animated, it is not like the Flintstones in that it is aimed predominantly at kids. The Simpsons is probably the cleverest American Comedy ever made. Its pure genius, in that reaches all ages and all walks of life. It has moments of high brow and moments of low brow. Genius.

But Seinfeld... Oh dear god no! And another thing thats been bugging me, was Frasier ever meant to be funny?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:48   #44
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
But Seinfeld... Oh dear god no! And another thing thats been bugging me, was Frasier ever meant to be funny?
Fraiser isn't particularly funny no, I think it's more meant to be "clever" than anything else. The main characters are all fairly likeable though. I'm not a fan simply because it relies too heavily on "embarrassing situations" which are generally cringeworthy.

Seinfeld is class though.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:51   #45
Brunken Dastard
Is it your round?

Best Brit Comedy not mentioned so far is Teachers, now that is fantastic!
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:55   #46
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

How dare any of you omit 'Only Fools And Horses' and 'Falty Towers' from the list of the funniest british comedy program things, ever.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 15:16   #47
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Bring back men behaving badly.
reunion show baby.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 15:41   #48
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
It does seem like a lean year. I like Little Britain though :cool: although Walliams has been around so long I don't see how they can call him a newcomer

I second that emotion.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 17:47   #49
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Best Brit Comedy not mentioned so far is Teachers, now that is fantastic!
Isn't that a drama with the occasional humour, or do the Broadsheet TV listings lie to me?