User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:30   #1
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Interesting decisions out of the US

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/12/10...ntracts_031210

Highlight:

"Canada and other countries that refused to take part in the U.S.-led war on Iraq are now banned from bidding on $18.6 billion US in reconstruction contracts.

The Pentagon said late yesterday that only the 63 countries involved in the coalition will be eligible for the work. That means France, Russia, China and Germany will also be excluded."

I cannot say I am surprised, but it still smacks of sour grapes. Notably, Canada, which donated a quarter billion dollars to Iraq reconstruction, is still not allowed to bid for contracts because we refused to contribute militarily.

Considering the 'war' in Iraq seems to be far from over, and that reststants there seem to be targeting foreign workers of any kind, I am not sure this is such a bad thing...

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:37   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Interesting decisions out of the US

The Privatisation of War
Quote:
Private corporations have penetrated western warfare so deeply that they are now the second biggest contributor to coalition forces in Iraq after the Pentagon, a Guardian investigation has established.
While the official coalition figures list the British as the second largest contingent with around 9,900 troops, they are narrowly outnumbered by the 10,000 private military contractors now on the ground.
While reliable figures are difficult to come by and governmental accounting and monitoring of the contracts are notoriously shoddy, the US army estimates that of the $87bn (£50.2bn) earmarked this year for the broader Iraqi campaign, including central Asia and Afghanistan, one third of that, nearly $30bn, will be spent on contracts to private companies.

The myriad military and security companies thriving on this largesse are at the sharp end of a revolution in military affairs that is taking us into unknown territory - the partial privatisation of war.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:39   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion
http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/12/10...ntracts_031210

Highlight:

"Canada and other countries that refused to take part in the U.S.-led war on Iraq are now banned from bidding on $18.6 billion US in reconstruction contracts.

The Pentagon said late yesterday that only the 63 countries involved in the coalition will be eligible for the work. That means France, Russia, China and Germany will also be excluded."

I cannot say I am surprised, but it still smacks of sour grapes. Notably, Canada, which donated a quarter billion dollars to Iraq reconstruction, is still not allowed to bid for contracts because we refused to contribute militarily.

Considering the 'war' in Iraq seems to be far from over, and that reststants there seem to be targeting foreign workers of any kind, I am not sure this is such a bad thing...
Quote:
The directive, from the US deputy defence secretary, Paul Wolfowitz, and dated Friday December 5, was today posted on a Pentagon website.

It limits bidders to firms from Iraq and the US and its coalition partners in the war. Other countries that have sent troops to Iraq will also be allowed to bid.

The statement said that restricting the contract bids was "necessary for the protection of the essential security interests of the United States".
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...104035,00.html
Essential security interests?
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:45   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Usa! Usa!

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:49   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

that was to be expected, wasnt it?
i mean everyone would have acted that way. im just happy we didnt give more aid than the few million the EU gave to iraq.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:58   #6
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

Surely it's bad for the US, as if more of their people are there, more are going to die..
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:38   #7
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard the UK is quite happy and the other 26 other major allies. I don't blame them, they gave blood. Others gave small checks or nothing. With a very large amount of the money coming from the USA since no one else wanted to help it would be kind of stupid for the USA to let other countries effectivly remove capital from the US.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:47   #8
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
I heard the UK is quite happy and the other 26 other major allies. I don't blame them, they gave blood. Others gave small checks or nothing. With a very large amount of the money coming from the USA since no one else wanted to help it would be kind of stupid for the USA to let other countries effectivly remove capital from the US.
troops dont give blood. they make blood

and do shut up

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:55   #9
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Insane. Badger can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
and do shut up

Zar
why oh why won't you listen to your own advice?
Insane. Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:57   #10
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

stfuIBubabyeatingcapitalist.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:58   #11
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane. Badger
why oh why won't you listen to your own advice?
omg you're back.

omg omg omg omg omg

when? why? how?

maybe i havent been on the board for a while but omg omg omg omg

you are a ****

Zar
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:58   #12
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
stfuIBubabyeatingcapitalist.

i'm no longer a babyeatingcapitalist, apparently i'm a registered user
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:59   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i'm no longer a babyeatingcapitalist, apparently i'm a registered user

That's what you get for leaving for so long your account gets purged!
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:00   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

change it back. the only think I liked about you was your user title.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:02   #15
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
omg you're back.

omg omg omg omg omg

when?
just now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
why?
i believe you said it best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
you are a ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
how?
a series of mouse clicks/key strokes
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:04   #16
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
change it back. the only think I liked about you was your user title.
fine, but only because i want to be popular
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:15   #17
Intrepid00

\0/

Zar, how about debating instead of patheic flame attacks for once. Keep it up and your going to be remembered worst in light then Sunday8pm.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:22   #18
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
\0/

Zar, how about debating instead of patheic flame attacks for once. Keep it up and your going to be remembered worst in light then Sunday8pm.
i realised a long time a go that debating on these forums is pointless.

you have a load of cry babies who cry and cry if you mention something they don't agree with. people who can't read sentences properly and etc..

not worth my time to debate - just to make fun

Zar
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:24   #19
Intrepid00

^^^^^^^^^

And that folks is an example of a cop out.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:25   #20
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^

And that folks is an example of a cop out.
yup - my intentions exactly

Zar
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:26   #21
Intrepid00

Ok Sunday.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:27   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
i realised a long time a go that debating on these forums is pointless.

you have a load of cry babies who cry and cry if you mention something they don't agree with. people who can't read sentences properly and etc..

not worth my time to debate - just to make fun

Zar

I'd ban you if I could summon up the enthuasiasm. Go back to some shit aol forum.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:30   #23
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'd ban you if I could summon up the enthuasiasm. Go back to some shit aol forum.
why do you keep threatening to ban me?

are you bored!?

you sent me a pm - asking i do not mention that previous incident. I said i wouldn't.

i am not breaking any rules atm (i dont think)

so shhhhy you

Zar
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:31   #24
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bloody communists.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:32   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
why do you keep threatening to ban me?

are you bored!?

you sent me a pm - asking i do not mention that previous incident. I said i wouldn't.

so shhhhy you

Zar

You don't tell admins who have threatened to ban you fifteen seconds ago to "shh". Do you have any idea how anything works at all?
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:33   #26
Intrepid00

Recent studies show people learn best by example.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:33   #27
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar

Zar

Actually the first rule is that moderators can act at their own discretion, and are given mod access because they are deemed to be responsible. So he could ban you.

You can disagree with people on these forums, but you need to back up your opinion. Lashing out with personal insults is just petty and makes you look like a fool.

Tell the person why you think they're wrong. You won't be flamed off the boards.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:34   #28
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

hey I'm a mod, obey me!!!!!!
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:34   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Tell the person why you think they're wrong. You won't be flamed off the boards.

Damn but I miss the good old days of fifteen page flame threads :(

Although admittedly there were only two of those I recall (three really if you include guidance).
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:34   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
hey I'm a mod, obey me!!!!!!
Back in the cage you.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:36   #31
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Damn but I miss the good old days of fifteen page flame threads

I thought you were told to "shhhy". Go and buy a lightbulb.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:36   #32
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Actually the first rule is that moderators can act at their own discretion, and are given mod access because they are deemed to be responsible. So he could ban you.

You can disagree with people on these forums, but you need to back up your opinion. Lashing out with personal insults is just petty and makes you look like a fool.

this is not a "please mr mod - i didn't mean any harm.. sucky sucky 10 dolla?"

its a "mod i worship you, i will die for you... sucky sucky no dolla"

Zar
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:40   #33
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
this is not a "please mr mod - i didn't mean any harm.. sucky sucky 10 dolla?"

its a "mod i worship you, i will die for you... sucky sucky no dolla"

Zar

Oh...
It wasn't meant to look like that.
I was trying to say there's no point riling up the mods, as you won't win.
Just post in a more friendly manner - you can debate and argue without resorting to personal insults, that's all.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:41   #34
Intrepid00

Anyone Watch Bruce Almighty. Wasn't it just freakin funny. Remember the scene where he was in his car using the pray beads asking for a sign for once God right before he crashed his car.

Wasn't that just funny.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:43   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Oh...
It wasn't meant to look like that.
I was trying to say there's no point riling up the mods, as you won't win.
Just post in a more friendly manner - you can debate and argue without resorting to personal insults, that's all.

That depends what you mean by win. When I managed to get jboy to ban my fastest posting account on the forums for a meaningless offence I viewed it as some sort of victory. Then I realised my account was banned so I became a mod. It's the way you do the things you do kids.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:46   #36
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Interesting decisions out of the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Essential security interests?
If you didn't send troops, then clearly there is a high probability that you are a terrorist sympathiser, and thus it would be ridiculous to allow you any room to spread your evil within Iraq.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:10   #37
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Oh...
Zar can't
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:12   #38
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
you can debate and argue without resorting to personal insults, that's all.
heh.

When ignorant Nationalists come into contact with equally ignorant Communists, don't expect ****-all in the way of anything productive.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:14   #39
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
heh.

When ignorant Nationalists come into contact with equally ignorant Communists, don't expect ****-all in the way of anything productive.
for the record im not particularly nationalist anymore...
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:16   #40
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

what a brilliant thread
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:16   #41
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Because this really comes as a suprise?!

Obviously going in there for the oil was the Number 1 reason.

However i suspect that the rebuilding contracts were what made it financially viable.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:16   #42
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
equally ignorant Communists
I found this thread searching for Da.....
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:19   #43
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
what a brilliant thread
any thread with me is brilliant

disclaimer: may not be true
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:24   #44
wu_trax

im still wondering why they economica superpower, that serves as an exmple for the rest of the world is afraid of a little competition?

edit: heh, i just read the WTO will check if this is legal at all.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:36   #45
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

according to the article it's US taxpayer's money, why should the US taxpayer be paying foreign/ non-allied/people who openly obstructed them to do what our companies can do?
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:40   #46
wu_trax

Quote:
according to the article it's US taxpayer's money, why should the US taxpayer be paying foreign/ non-allied/people who openly obstructed them to do what our companies can do?
yes, why care about what quality the iraqies get when and for what price?
if i remember correctly only half of this is given as aid, the 2nd half is just a loan the iraq will have to pay back.
but anyway, lets just wait and see what the wto has to say about this.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:41   #47
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
why should the US taxpayer be paying foreign/ non-allied/people who openly obstructed them to do what our companies can do?
If we don't allow unlimited comeptition, then we will all beocme Socialists and start having bum-sex with each other, you fag.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:46   #48
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
If we don't allow unlimited comeptition, then we will all beocme Socialists and start having bum-sex with each other, you fag.
i never said i agreed with the sentiment, just that thats possibly why they're doing it.
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:53   #49
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

Quote:
Piffle.

Firstly, that was money donated to the reconstruction of Iraq. Was it only donated by the US so they could get it back again?

Lets talk about Canada. Canada donated a quarter Billion dollars to Iraqi reconstruction. Small when compared to the US donation, but then again canada is small when compared to the US. (in population and economics anyways, size-wise, we are bigger.) :lol:

Canada was reluctant to commit forces to Iraq because of skepticism over the threat of WMD, and we were proved to be entirely correct.

Canada also has difficulty committing troops to Iraq becaise most of our projectable forces are currently serving in Afganistan, helping US interests there.

There can be no issue of national security with canada, we are partners in NORAD, our border is undefended, our polie and intel agencies work seamlessly... This is nothing but a "Oh yeaH? well take that!" from the White House.

For a country so bent on establishing democracy around the world, they seem remarkably unwilling to let their freinds disagree with them.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 19:57   #50
Intrepid00

I also talked to Canadians thanksgiving period that where down for a wedding. They said it was cause their goverment was acting like pussies. Yes, two older people, eating in a resturant that is going to cost them $400, said their goverment was acting like a pussie. I was shocked, I didn't even bring it up. My brother just mentioned he was in the Navy and they said their son was in the Air Force and Canda was being a pussie.

pussie?