User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Dec 2003, 17:49   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Mars Beware

The Europeans are finally exploring again (we were put of it as the last thing we discovered was the US ^_^).
Best thing about Christmas this year will be seeing if that English-built Mars lander does its job.
(due to land on the 25th)

Clicky.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 17:50   #2
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mars Beware

If we find another america im leaving
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 17:52   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Introduce the Martians to tea and crumpets, English probe!
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 17:53   #4
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Or Heroin and Crack, as we did to the Chinese.
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 17:59   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

My lecturer was in charge of part of that
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 18:04   #6
Weeks
Banned

And he was on tele!
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 18:19   #7
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

I heard the first manned flight to mars is planned for 2017 ?
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 18:19   #8
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
My lecturer was in charge of part of that
selling opium to the chinese?
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 18:20   #9
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
The Europeans are finally exploring again (we were put of it as the last thing we discovered was the US ^_^).
Best thing about Christmas this year will be seeing if that English-built Mars lander does its job.
(due to land on the 25th)

Clicky.
To bad the Indians beat you to it and I believe its the Americans not US.

PS what if it crashes.

PSS Its not going to roam around like the Mars Pathfinder mission is it? The most I get out of the article is that it will take some orbit shots and land and that's it.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:09   #10
Weeks
Banned

It may crash, that's the exciting bit.
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:17   #11
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
PSS Its not going to roam around like the Mars Pathfinder mission is it? The most I get out of the article is that it will take some orbit shots and land and that's it.
As far as I understand from stuff at the BBC webby, it will be having a bit of a roam looking for past or present life.
Hopefully it won't get stuck behind any rocks (cheap shot at NASA).
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:27   #12
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
As far as I understand from stuff at the BBC webby, it will be having a bit of a roam looking for past or present life.
Hopefully it won't get stuck behind any rocks (cheap shot at NASA).
Its actually static, but it has a few little arm things. One of which will burrow into the soil.
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 23:45   #13
Intrepid00

So it will be like the Mecury probes but with new tech and landing on mars.
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 00:25   #14
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
So it will be like the Mecury probes but with new tech and landing on mars.
Yeah, heh. Its actually just a 'bonus mission' that was sent with the one going into orbit. It'll look for the mythical "signs of life" and take rock samples etc. Maybe some useful stuff, too.
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 00:26   #15
Intrepid00

The only planet that may have life besides Earth isn't even a planet. Its Europa and its oceans. Mars is a dead planet. They should be doing useful stuff and hitting the polar ice caps and find out how much of it is water or even if it is water.
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 02:21   #16
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Isn't there allready a mission outbound to Europa?
Either that, or there is one schedualed soon afaik...
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 02:33   #17
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

I read in new scientist that the europeans were more interested in sending the manned missions to the moon?

Unread 5 Dec 2003, 02:36   #18
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Isn't there allready a mission outbound to Europa?
Either that, or there is one schedualed soon afaik...
I thought the atmosphere was under too much pressure to land something there? Something about the atmosphere not being very nice to our mechanics though I may be thinking of another moon/planet.
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 02:55   #19
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
I read new scientist

I thought only my dad read New Scientist.
And he is a scientist, so he had an excuse.
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 02:59   #20
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azof
I thought the atmosphere was under too much pressure to land something there? Something about the atmosphere not being very nice to our mechanics though I may be thinking of another moon/planet.
Jupitar, Europa is kind of small. It is a moon.

Now, as for the manned spaceflights. You just want to go there so you can say there is no flag
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 03:03   #21
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Jupitar, Europa is kind of small. It is a moon.
That's nice but it really didn't help... I was asking if I was recalling correctly that Europa is under too much atmospheric pressure to land anything there.
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 03:04   #22
Intrepid00

Your Thinking Jupitar!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111

Europa orbits Jupitar. That is why your getting them confused. Europa is small, it doesn't have the mass to make such an enviroment.
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 03:11   #23
Tomkat

JUPITER. IF YOU'RE GOING TO CORRECT PEOPLE GET THE SPELLING CORRECT.

I need sleep.
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 03:58   #24
Intrepid00

Quote:
The spelling is Jupiter. If you're going to correct someone, get the spelling correct.
I can be picky too.