User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Mar 2004, 07:07   #1
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
New Formula 1 season, Points of Views here.

Well, another year another formula 1 season that looks set to be possibly the most competitive driver wise, car wise is another story that imo won't be readable until race 3.

Who are you betting on, what do you think looks good, what do you think looks bad.

So far I was really hoping that perhaps ferarri may of rested on their laurels a bit and let the other teams seemingly close the gap, especially Williams with their new freakish car :P

However in practice Schumacher has just broken the track record (and beaten last years pole time) at albert park, which suggests heavily that ferrari are coming out running while other teams may still be trying to crawl before they start running with their new cars.

McLaren haven't issued anything sounding like they have fixed their reliability problems and Renault are another quiet team that looks like they've made a lot of improvements.

However what I am looking forward to is watching Schumacher take on the new breeds in Alonso and Raikkonen and some of the older yet still his junior in Montoya and Trulli this year. I hate to write off Ralf and Coulthard but somehow I just don't think they'll figure as much this season and imo Michael knows them too well to be outsmarted on the track by them.

I'm certainly looking forward to this season though coverage will be mince here in Canada... Will be interesting to see if Stoddart does really mess up the season by pulling his support from traction control cause of the cheap engine "We can't run a team but we play with the big boys or else" problem.

Anyway feel free to prattle ON-TOPIC and I expect the keen and wise formula 1 fan Jammyjim to keep this thread clean and also to put his very authoriative input in :P

p.s. Does anyone know of any F1 fantasy team games on-line this year?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 11:08   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: New Formula 1 season, Points of Views here.

Räikkönen is a little ****tard and hopefully crashes against the walls hard enough to be in a coma for a few years. He's getting major fines in Finland for some speeding and reckless behavior in the Helsinki downtown traffic, and, of course, for being a twat.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 12:21   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think the wise money would be on Schumacher to win again, it looks like he has the best car again. I would love to see Montoya win though, he is by far the most exciting driver imo and this revolutionary Williams might give him an advantage, as well as them having better tyres than Ferrari.

I cant see Renault playing that big a part in the championship, they'll probably just steal a few points here and there like they did last season. It would be great if they could make the jump into the big league and make it more of a 4 team race.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 13:08   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fast cars will go round a track, one of them will win and the driver will be happy.

I think thats whatll happen anyway, just my opinion though

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 13:10   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd put my money on Montoya, he's always had flair but now he has the F1 experience to go with it, also the est lookin car on the grid.

I like the races in Melbourne and that - means I can watch qualifying/the race b4 I got to bed

V.v.v. glad the F1 season is bk!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 13:11   #6
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Schumacher is fading. He has been for a while; last year was just proof positive. The last driver skilled enough to beat him in well-matched cars was Hill (and hell, he would have beaten him in 1997 driving the worst car in formula 1 against the second best if his gearbox hadn't gone on the last lap) and he's 8 years out of the game. Since his accident, Schumacher has still been on top but look at his competition: Trulli and Alonso are pretty much in the top 6 drivers now, and they were very unspectacular earlier on in their careers and were overshadowed by their teammates. I suspect the Renault is a whole lot better than it gets credit for being.

I think the biggest question is whether Räikkönen can be consistent. Unlike Trulli/Alonso, he proved himself in the lower ranks. I think the question now is whether Schumacher can put in the drives he needs to stop the race being between Montoya and Raikkonen.

Oh, and I predict at least one podium for Webber this season. He's really come into his own in F1.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 13:17   #7
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Forgot about Alonso, he'll finish top 3 this season I hope.
Although probably 4th.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 19:23   #8
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Schumacher is fading. He has been for a while; last year was just proof positive. The last driver skilled enough to beat him in well-matched cars was Hill (and hell, he would have beaten him in 1997 driving the worst car in formula 1 against the second best if his gearbox hadn't gone on the last lap) and he's 8 years out of the game. Since his accident, Schumacher has still been on top but look at his competition: Trulli and Alonso are pretty much in the top 6 drivers now, and they were very unspectacular earlier on in their careers and were overshadowed by their teammates. I suspect the Renault is a whole lot better than it gets credit for being.

I think the biggest question is whether Räikkönen can be consistent. Unlike Trulli/Alonso, he proved himself in the lower ranks. I think the question now is whether Schumacher can put in the drives he needs to stop the race being between Montoya and Raikkonen.

Oh, and I predict at least one podium for Webber this season. He's really come into his own in F1.

Raikkonen has very little experience in the lower formulas
Damon Hill was crap, his 96 car was far superior too all the competition that season and his team mate was a rookie so it would have been harder to loose.

I'd put my money on Montoya purely on the grounds that being world champion will mean he gets the no.1 on his mcclaren next yr making kimi no.2
My head tells me Schey again tho

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 20:34   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
Raikkonen has very little experience in the lower formulas
Damon Hill was crap, his 96 car was far superior too all the competition that season and his team mate was a rookie so it would have been harder to loose.
1)He was very, VERY strong in the sauber when he had never been on the tracks previously, in the year that sauber started declining rapidly.

2)Hill would have been champion in 95 if Schumacher hadn't taken him off. And I repeat the point about 97 in the Arrows. Nobody else in the sport could have done that
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 21:15   #10
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I would like a Williams win and feel if either of them will win it will be Ralf as they perhaps might favour him if the 2 drivers are at all close early on due to Montoya leaving. Not sure how much the drivers get to know about the cars either but Williams might be dubious about letting Montoya know too much about the new setup incase he takes too much information to Mclaren.

Schumacher will win though.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 21:27   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

schuhmacher, again but as long as montoya (who i like even less) doesnt win im ok with it. i hope mc laren will make it back to the top, but so far i havent heared anything whatsoever about them.
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 22:04   #12
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I hope Montoya wins, but he won't. Schumacher again, I suspect.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 23:43   #13
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
1)He was very, VERY strong in the sauber when he had never been on the tracks previously, in the year that sauber started declining rapidly.

2)Hill would have been champion in 95 if Schumacher hadn't taken him off. And I repeat the point about 97 in the Arrows. Nobody else in the sport could have done that
My point wasn't kimi's class but his lack of experience; any1 can see that he is an outstanding and very brave driver. As for hill, your quite right that he could have been world champion in 95, but being a world champion doesn't automatically make you a great driver (the late Gilles Villeneuve and Sterling Moss would be such examples) Hill had one exceptional drive at Hungary in the arrows and i credit him for that there’s no doubt it was a fine display of driving and he was unlucky not to win the race. However many other drivers that season could have done an equally good job I’m sure. I remember the rest of hill's 97 season being mediocre; I think his only other score was a point at silverstone?

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 10:47   #14
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

now that was the worst that could have happened. here comes yet another boring season. and wtf is it with mc laren? first to finish the car and then they start with one blown-up enigine and one point?
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 13:10   #15
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Formula 1 sounds like a new type of baby food
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 13:20   #16
Stew
Made of Twigs

OMG - that so wasnt worth staying up til 4:30 til!
D'oh!
Lets hope its warmer in Malaysia so the Michelins can perform better!
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 13:34   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If only i'd put a bet on Schumacher winning like i'd intended on doing :'(
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 15:15   #18
bobdeveaux

bobdeveaux is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, congratz to the winner. Fortunatly im a Ferrari / Schumacher fan. The alcohol kept me awake

Would have liked to see Button get a few more points, but he did well to qual 4th McLaren really need to improve, not just speed but realiability too. Poort Raikonon should be fightin for race wins.

Oh well, rolll on Malaysia
bobdeveaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 15:23   #19
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I was watching the rerun up to a few minutes ago. It's fecking boring.
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 15:30   #20
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

boring race...for the championship i'm putting my money once again on schumi, although this first race doesn't say much about what the rest of the season will look like.
i hope montoya and alonso will be able to race for #1 in the next GP's.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 15:41   #21
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Ferrari kicked everyone's asses, Raikkonen throws a tantrum, Williams shows some promise but not enough testing done yet.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 16:42   #22
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

it's almost like they are letting him win, and it makes for ****ing boring races

and then he comes on and says it was 'tough'

fs.
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 18:38   #23
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.f1gpmanager.com/

That ones free i believe
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote