User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:37   #1
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Unhappy How do you cheer yourselves up?

I'm depressed as **** and need ways to cheer myself up, what do you do?

nb: cant cost money or involve going out or friends
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:38   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: How do you cheer yourselves up?

I don't need cheering up
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:42   #3
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

why not friends?
Good music?
a night on the town might help ?
getting laid?
for me its music - beer and ganja that does the trick....
maybe you should go out more :| and dont sit in the dark too long, you need light, so you can shine once more
all the best and pls keep it together :-)
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:46   #4
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i tend to get drunk
it doesnt cheer me up really but passing out is an alternative to being pissed off
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:47   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Nothing like a depressent to chase the blues away
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:47   #6
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Watch neighbours or something kiddy
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:48   #7
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Listening to the first 5 songs of Blackalicious' album.
Nice food.
Shopping.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:50   #8
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

goddmamnit have blackalicious gone maintstream or something, this is the third guy i see posting about them ;-) in one week, get away from that music, ITS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shit, now i'm depressed
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:55   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I find eating is cool. (yes, it costs a bit of money).

But if you have no friends and not enough money to buy food then you clearly should be depressed.

Also, why can't you go out? I find going out, even if broke + by myself can be cool. Go for a run, or a bus journey, or something.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 18:04   #10
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

By going to sleep.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 18:27   #11
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

It costs 10$ if you haven't paid up already, but if you have, pet island can cheer you up.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 18:34   #12
Work_Child
Banned

Work_Child is an unknown quantity at this point

MASTURBATE
Work_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 18:59   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

listed to ridiculously happy music.
it alters your mood.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:13   #14
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Noctu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work_Child
MASTURBATE
Noctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:26   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: How do you cheer yourselves up?

I just remind myself that one day, this will all be ten years ago.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:40   #16
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Throw rocks at cars on the overpass

Usually though I try to go get drunk.That costs money though so the rocks thing might be a better option.
How bout "cry yourself to sleep"
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:42   #17
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
How bout "cry yourself to sleep"
I can't cry. :/
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:44   #18
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Wax your groin,THEN you can cry
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:48   #19
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

alcohol and drugs partymix
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:53   #20
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Plan how you YES *YOU* can destroy the world.

Not only does it cheer you up it also has the benefit of passing alot of time.

Remember to remove the mani(a)c grin before you leave your room and mix with other people tho.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:53   #21
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

start by getting a life, it might help.

And KoeN, What is the Question of this week?

-Koen : 'The Question of this week is from a depressed little kid from the UK called emby and he asks : "Theamion, how do I cheer myself up?'

Well emby, I would suggest happy hardcore, that always works for me, but you got to get to the root of your problem, preferably while listening to the aforementioned happy hardcore.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:58   #22
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I own a Happy Hardcore CD*.

Said ownership makes me depressed.

Ironic isn't it.

*from YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS ago
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 20:05   #23
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im gonna get me a sign with protest
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 20:25   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
im gonna get me a sign with protest
'Down with this sort of thing!'?
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 20:28   #25
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

happy hardcore is boring... MCs always make me feel like shit.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 20:31   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
'Down with this sort of thing!'?
Careful now.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 21:00   #27
Dace
so f*cking zen

BTW Emb listen to Scooter.

That shit cracks me up every single time i hear it.

Seriously it's funny*.

*funny as in a person with all the lyrically ability of an 11 year old making it "big" in the music industry
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 00:36   #28
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I quit drugs a few weeks ago, and i've not been as alive as i am now for many years. (Not alkohol, that still lingers )

Anyhops, to the depressed thing. There's not much to do, really. I just try to find interesting things to do, or funny things to do. Listen to some good music, eat a good meal (food is free dudes), do something creative (paint, for example), or beat up somebody you dislike* (Like a nazi! If you dislike them, of course).

*not really a nice or good option
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 00:38   #29
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Insane. Badger can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
I eat a good meal (food is free dudes)(
where does one get this free food? I'm most interested.
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Insane. Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 00:48   #30
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane. Badger
where does one get this free food? I'm most interested.
Well, there are alot of different ways of getting free food, and it would take me ages to give info on all the strategies you could use in the urban jungle.
But the three most important (at least in my humble opinion), are
1. Stealing. Of course, this is not a option to most people, as they see stealing as something wrong. I don't want to start a discussion here, just accept that stealing is a way to get free food.
2. Begging/asking. Going to a closing bakery and ask for some bread. Many give it away. Then, go to a fruit/vegetabale store, and ask there as well. Now that you have bread and vegetabales, you don't need much else. Of course, some spices would help, and many people (like friends and family) would gladly give away a little spices and manybe even some beans (for protein)
3. Dumpsterdive. My favorite. Basically, go behind a store and take the food in the dumpsters. Try to take foodstuffs that's enclosed, best is plastic. Fruit and vegetabales are ok, if you check them first. If there are just small specks of greenish things, just remove it and boil them.
You can get everything from dumpsterdiving, i would just not recomend dairy products, meat and fish. Oh, and not things that lie in the same dumpsters as those, if they're not wrapped.
Best places are "upper" class stores, since they throw away much good food, and vegetabale/fruit stores. Beware, however, taking things others have thrown away is (someplaces) considered a crime, beacause you can't pick up other people's trash and use it, you have to buy your own stuff!
Just use your brain, and dumpsterdiving is ace.

There are loads of more tacitcs, some strange and some just weird. But they all have something to do whit the three outlined above, i feel.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 01:00   #31
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Well, there are alot of different ways of getting free food, and it would take me ages to give info on all the strategies you could use in the urban jungle.
But the three most important (at least in my humble opinion), are
1. Stealing. Of course, this is not a option to most people, as they see stealing as something wrong. I don't want to start a discussion here, just accept that stealing is a way to get free food.
2. Begging/asking. Going to a closing bakery and ask for some bread. Many give it away. Then, go to a fruit/vegetabale store, and ask there as well. Now that you have bread and vegetabales, you don't need much else. Of course, some spices would help, and many people (like friends and family) would gladly give away a little spices and manybe even some beans (for protein)
3. Dumpsterdive. My favorite. Basically, go behind a store and take the food in the dumpsters. Try to take foodstuffs that's enclosed, best is plastic. Fruit and vegetabales are ok, if you check them first. If there are just small specks of greenish things, just remove it and boil them.
You can get everything from dumpsterdiving, i would just not recomend dairy products, meat and fish. Oh, and not things that lie in the same dumpsters as those, if they're not wrapped.
Best places are "upper" class stores, since they throw away much good food, and vegetabale/fruit stores. Beware, however, taking things others have thrown away is (someplaces) considered a crime, beacause you can't pick up other people's trash and use it, you have to buy your own stuff!
Just use your brain, and dumpsterdiving is ace.

There are loads of more tacitcs, some strange and some just weird. But they all have something to do whit the three outlined above, i feel.
why thank you mr. Snurx, that will be most useful.
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 01:38   #32
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

8< | not --
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 01:46   #33
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I come to these boards and suddenly my problems dont seem so big
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 01:52   #34
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I come to these boards and suddenly my problems dont seem so big
Is this by reading about the guy who forages through dumpsters? Or from the fact nodrog resides here?
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 02:30   #35
Snurx
Dirte

I want to say, that i have little problems in my life. And, the fact that i sometimes forage in dumpsters for food is not in my eyes one of them.

Love, snurx
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 02:33   #36
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Is this by reading about the guy who forages through dumpsters? Or from the fact nodrog resides here?
mostly the latter... although there are plenty out of the rest of you who make me feel glad to be me
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 02:50   #37
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think its pretty disgusting that snurx would seriously advise someone to steal the purse of an elderly lady in order to buy food.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 02:52   #38
Snurx
Dirte

sup nod

keeping it gangstha yo
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 02:54   #39
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I think its pretty disgusting that snurx would seriously advise someone to steal the purse of an elderly lady in order to buy food.
thats socialism man, give it a chance
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 02:56   #40
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
thats socialism man, give it a chance
You can eat my food.
You can kill my family.
You can burn down everything i hold dear.

But you can't call me a socialist, you commie swine!

Unread 16 Dec 2003, 02:56   #41
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Question Re: How do you cheer yourselves up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
What if it had been Kura's purse? I suppose the tables would be turned then, eh?
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 02:58   #42
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
You can eat my food.
You can kill my family.
You can burn down everything i hold dear.

But you can't call me a socialist, you commie swine!

sure I can, I did it a minute ago
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 02:58   #43
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts

Waiting near a busy intersection for a car accident to happen works well enough.
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 03:01   #44
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
sure I can, I did it a minute ago

YOU MISTAR MAKES BABY JESUS CRY
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 03:02   #45
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
YOU MISTAR MAKES BABY JESUS CRY
SOCIALISTS MAKE BABY JESUS CRY!
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 12:34   #46
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

everytime a socialist appears, god kills a kitten.
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 13:42   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
SOCIALISTS MAKE BABY JESUS CRY!
Only because we told Jesus that the song "He's got the whole world, in his hand" had imperialist overtones.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 14:11   #48
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

actually

socialists are just short sigthened.
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 14:22   #49
Snurx
Dirte

Oh, do explain Theamion?
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 15:13   #50
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

I remind myself of the plight of other people in the world;

Like the guy who suicided because he lost his mobile phone.