User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:04   #1
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
So I am writing a "book"

So far I've managed to combine elements from, the Titans, olympus, a greek olympian named Milos, and a mysterious farmer who helps our hero, Milos from dying of starvation in the forest when he ran away from the evil emperor Xerxes's armies who are on their way to invade ancient Greece

noteably, the farmer is a old zorro kind of guy who will save both hero and the kingdom eventually

A marching army of 2 million men, coward greek's, one brave spartan, Publius, King Leonidas (Spartan King), and the oracle.

now, I need constructive suggestions for a total of 3 new characters:

1. The Girl (Milos's love), a name, and perhaps some interesting facts that could be inserted to describe the personalia

2. a royal advisor for the spartan king Leonidas (the corrupt kind)

3. a companion for the hero

The storyline is set to around 600 bc, but I havent really started to draw a image of other than the above mentioned..

It's going to be a 5-600 pager book of some sort that I will write for my own pleasure (as I am bored)

It's all a bit vague, but that is more or less what I had imagined, so it will be amusing to see if I can actually write something good using that scenery.

hello btw
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:05   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: So I am writing a "book"

do they all have brilliant white teeth and calafornian accents?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:06   #3
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
now, I need constructive suggestions
first mistake. This is GD.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:07   #4
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

no, they have shitty teeth as living conditions aren't all that great.

be constructive tho
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:10   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
can i be in it?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:11   #6
I am Idler
This is bat country

yes, you can both be in it.

dont mind being the 2 first people killed when the persians reach sparta ?
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:11   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Xerox, a companion to copy the heroes every move.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:14   #8
I am Idler
This is bat country

yes!
(actually, 1/5th will be about the battle, so heh)
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:19   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

when I said I wanted to be in it, I really meant as the main character.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:25   #10
I am Idler
This is bat country

I can be willing to insert nodrog as a persian general
and idimmu as a spartan scout

I will replace your names with proper greek ones though

is it possible to suggest me characters tho ?
as this is my first serious forum post in a while and all, heh
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:33   #11
I am Idler
This is bat country

well hum..

1. I will describe the romance to a certain point, no extended love thing tho, I havent decided what twists and not twist there will be..yet

2. not a bad suggestion actually, he's as mean as they get..

3. I am going with Hercules's friend from the TV series, a fair, noble and amusing guy who knows how to fight without killing everyone using biceps..
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:39   #12
I am Idler
This is bat country

nooo... not an option

our girl is upper class
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:41   #13
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Quote:
So far I've managed to combine elements from, the Titans, olympus, a greek olympian named Milos, and a mysterious farmer who helps our hero, Milos from dying of starvation in the forest when he ran away from the evil emperor Xerxes's armies who are on their way to invade ancient Greece

noteably, the farmer is a old zorro kind of guy who will save both hero and the kingdom eventually
Yup, not a lot of food in forests.
Why are the heros always farmers?
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:41   #14
I am Idler
This is bat country

but not a slave, now.. tell me about.. jaffar
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:42   #15
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Yup, not a lot of food in forests.
Why are the heros always farmers?
because they live close to the forest.
also, the finder of the hero is hero#2 (heh..)

I figurd it made sense.. (also, a farmer is better than a city person)
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:47   #16
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Make the girl a real bitchy slut, that none of the readers wants to seee rescued at first,
then have her 'nice side' develop though the book.

Or something.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:47   #17
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
bolts of magic come out of his eyes and turn his enemies into

bunnies
I will have no magic in this story..

perhaps the corrupt advisor got a spy in the army ranks ?
a falcon that can deliver small letters to our buddy, Xerxes ?
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:49   #18
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Make the girl a real bitchy slut, that none of the readers wants to seee rescued at first,
then have her 'nice side' develop though the book.

Or something.
that sounds ok..but I would perhaps prefer her to be "difficult and snobby", and despises our hero at first

her dad is King Leonidas (decided as of now).
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 13:59   #19
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
that sounds ok..but I would perhaps prefer her to be "difficult and snobby", and despises our hero at first

her dad is King Leonidas (decided as of now).
heh
Isn't it a common feature of such stories that the heroine despises the hero at first?
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:01   #20
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
heh
Isn't it a common feature of such stories that the heroine despises the hero at first?
well, yes.

unfortunately I do not want to experiment with different angles yet, as I have sort of a plan and I refuse to tamper with it before I can actually picture it in the story somewhere
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:04   #21
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Noctu is on a distinguished road

Make sure you include a random castration.
Noctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:05   #22
Nodrog

Quote:
make it so the hero doesnt want to **** the woman, but the woman is all over the hero getting her tits out all over the place
All the greek males were gay, so this would work.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:05   #23
I am Idler
This is bat country

My hero isnt gay, he's handsome, smart, tall and strong!

and the fairest of all ancient beings
(eventually he will be favoured by the gods)
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:06   #24
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
yes, you can both be in it.

dont mind being the 2 first people killed when the persians reach sparta ?
Word has it they didnt get that far...

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:08   #25
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

An ancient greek bloke who wasnt gay? Original.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:08   #26
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
My hero isnt gay, he's handsome, smart, tall and strong!

and the fairest of all ancient beings
(eventually he will be favoured by the gods)
He sounds like a fag.
You sure he's not in denial?
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:08   #27
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Zyth=-
Word has it they didnt get that far...
I am not writing a documentary.

I am writing a fictional story placed in ancient greece.

now.. make me a proper suggestion, and avoid the gay naked greek men thing ta.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:08   #28
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Can I be the evil dragon who eventually gets killed by being shot through a chink in his armour on his belly?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:09   #29
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Can I be the evil dragon who eventually gets killed by being shot through a chink in his armour on his belly?
quoted for potential racist content
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:10   #30
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
there will be no fairytale creatures, only Zeus, Oceanus, and the returning Uranus (who was castrated by Cronus, Zeus dad)
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:11   #31
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

oh well, better than nothing I suppose.
I'd better get royalties.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:11   #32
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

Dont use magic, its been done b4.
You could do one of those, soldiers on both sides, life drudge life as a soldier, its not all bad...Clang of sword..Oh yes it is fs, im a persian get me out of here.
I suppose it would be daft to assume you wont be doing the bloke falls in love with woman, woman fancies his m8, his m8 fancies his horse, horse kicks woman in the head, type love quadrange?

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:14   #33
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Random castration ahoy!
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:17   #34
I am Idler
This is bat country

woman is the kings daugther, hero will be struggling to be believed when he claims 2 million persians are about to kill them all, hero sets out on a one man mission to find a way to stop them from reaching sparta (he will fail, but survive his failure).

the romance thing will be kept simple.. so woman hates hero, woman is intrigued by hero, woman is taken with storm by hero.
end of romance.

I need a great place to input hero #2 tho.. I wonder where it'll be..
perhaps hero is rescued by hero#2 after failing to stop the advancing army on his own.. (I will make up a logical way for him to actually do that eventually
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:18   #35
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

Hero #2 could be a persian spy.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:18   #36
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctu
Random castration ahoy!
Uranus, the first Greek male god (who is Gaea's son and husband), gets castrated by Cronus..

enough with the castration.. perhaps as a punishment to the mean persians after the battle
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:20   #37
Nodrog

Write the book like its an episode of neighbours or saved by the bell or some other popular 20th century television show about wacky teenagers and the crazy antics they get up to at school only have it set in the Lyceum in 200BC and have Milos and the girl (who is the daughter of the headmaster King Leonidas) be pupils at the school and you can have like plato and aristotle being teachers there and then have Milos be gay and the girl wants to have sex with him but he says no because she doesnt have a penis and hes really popular and is the captain of some greek sports team (i dont know what games the greeks played) but shes a bit of a nerd and it could be like Grease but only hes gay and stuff so she tells all her girlfriends about how he doesnt want to date her and they are all like "whatever" then instead of a persian army have them be a gang of schoolyard bullies from a local persian school who are terrorising the lyceum students and noone can stop them but then the Oracle who teaches their religious education class tells Milos how to beat the bullies and he goes to the forest with the girl after school to make out (he stopped being gay) then they meet a farmer there who shows them the sword in the stone and he pulls it out and kills all the bullies and you can use the cultural contrast to make profound social commentaries on todays society and it would be really cool and id probably read it.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:20   #38
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Hero #2 could be a persian spy.
Hero#2 is the guy who saves Hero at the very beginning of the book when hero flee's from persian tropps who have just walked to shore. Hero flees into forest and walks around for a bit with a arrow wound in some nasty place... right above heart for example..

Spy is spartan kings royal advisor/powerhungry person
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:21   #39
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Indeed.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:21   #40
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Write the book like its an episode of neighbours or saved by the bell or some other popular 20th century television show about wacky teenagers and the crazy antics they get up to at school only have it set in the Lyceum in 200BC and have Milos and the girl (who is the daughter of the headmaster King Leonidas) be pupils at the school and you can have like plato and aristotle being teachers there and then have Milos be gay and the girl wants to have sex with him but he says no because she doesnt have a penis then she tells all her girlfriends about how he is gay and they are all like "whatever" then instead of a persian army have them be a gang of schoolyard bullies from a local persian school who are terrorising the lyceum students and noone can stop them but then the Oracle who teaches their religious education class tells Milos how to beat the bullies and he goes to the forest with the girl after school to make out (he stopped being gay) then they meet a farmer there who shows them the sword in the stone and he pulls it out and kills all the bullies and you can use the cultural contrast to make profound social commentaries on todays society and it would be really cool and id probably read it.
I already wrote 10 pages in word with the opening bit..

but you write that!
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:25   #41
I am Idler
This is bat country

Also

Hero#2 is Xerxes brother who mysteriously dissapeared many years ago for unknown reasons, and soon we will know!
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:26   #42
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
can i be in it?
i'd like to be a building of some sort actually.

so i can't be killed off.

ps: the royal advisor is clearly a fag that is in love with the hero (but it is unrequited etc) so of course he is going to poison the king's view of him (hell hath no fury like a fag scorned)

hey were the persians zoroastrians yet at this point? cause it would be cool to have a zoroastrian companion. conflict between Milos' greek anthropomorphism and his companion's cool zoroastrian battle between good and evil would make for interesting dialogue and plot
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:27   #43
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Hero#2 is the guy who saves Hero at the very beginning of the book when hero flee's from persian tropps who have just walked to shore. Hero flees into forest and walks around for a bit with a arrow wound in some nasty place... right above heart for example..

Spy is spartan kings royal advisor/powerhungry person
The best kind of books are the ones where you know how it all ends, but you keep reading to see how it gets there, so lots of twists and turns are the order of the day. Hero #2 can be a persian spy, sent to keep an eye on spy #1, but turns coat when he sees that spy#1 has a man love thing for hero #1, who hero #1 also has it for after rescuing him, but hero #'1 want none of that nonsense and kills hero #2 b4 he can save his chick from spy#1 kocking her off for potential rivalry, or is that the plot from a soap opera.

Is one of the characters called Calculon?

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:29   #44
I am Idler
This is bat country

no, they all believe in Zeus, (as he is actually alive in the story and helps our hero out every once in a while when he feels like it.. a total of one time).

I cannot be bothered going into religion
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:30   #45
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:

Is one of the characters called Calculon?
I will not have a cubic robot in my story
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:33   #46
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

They existed then, though!

...honest.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:37   #47
I am Idler
This is bat country

yes yes.. I will be heading home now though.. keep commenting though, I find this all very useful (I do actually)
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:45   #48
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

A marching army of 2 million men, coward greek's, one brave spartan, Publius, King Leonidas (Spartan King), and the oracle.

now, I need constructive suggestions for a total of 3 new characters:

1. The Girl (Milos's love), a name, and perhaps some interesting facts that could be inserted to describe the personalia

2. a royal advisor for the spartan king Leonidas (the corrupt kind)

The storyline is set to around 600 bc, but I havent really started to draw a image of other than the above mentioned..

It's going to be a 5-600 pager book of some sort that I will write for my own pleasure (as I am bored)

It's all a bit vague, but that is more or less what I had imagined, so it will be amusing to see if I can actually write something good using that scenery.

hello btw

Idler has been playing Age of Mythology & The Titans Expansion pack FAR too much lately.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 14:57   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
i'd like to be a building of some sort actually.

Like that ever happened in the real greece

PS Make it so the Persians are really simple-minded and coerced to fight in the army by the richer nobles who just want the plunder and resources the army gets for them while they're fighting and dying and some of the greek cities invite the Persians into greece and everyone's worried about them and stuff and civilisation starts to get very restrictive in Greece and they're not allowed to do many of the things they used to and saying you like Persians makes you a traitor and people start selling miniature graecian flags and then they defeat the persians and this greek guy (alexander) drives the persians back across and occupies their land and tells everyone he wants to help them become more cultured and free like the greeks but in reality he's just some total cultural barbarian who wants the persians huge resources of cooking oil cos he's so fat and cooking oil is a vital part of the greek economy and at the end of the book you could say how the persians who liked the greeks initially start to hate them and one of the persians leaves and sets up rome. That'd be cool and a well wikid commentary on current events.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 15:07   #50
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

The problem with being topical in a novel is that topical subjects are transitory and interest would be gone before the book was finished.

i.e. Remeber the book which was satirical of the squidgygate affair?

What do you mean no?

But Calculon sounds Persian!

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired