User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Aug 2005, 23:29   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Current Insomnia situation...

Yes, a battlegroup in Insomnia left. Supposedly joining Reunion. not to worry though, Insomnia will live on just fine. We have our loyal core and we're having fun Altho we wont compete for #1 anymore this round, theres no doubt we can affect what happens still

The battlegroup that left was lead by SkyHead. I'm not sure exactly how many of his people were EXilition last round. I know there was a bunch that was never in EXilition for sure.

The reason they left, I guess, is the fact they had no loyalty to Insomnia. All they wanted to do was to bring 1up down, and get good planetranks(This is not why we have attacked 1up, dont worry). SkyHead had no dicipline over his men, and they kept 3fleeting and attacking napped planets. Several was kicked long ago, and situation did improve. They even started defending.

As all alliances loose roids theese days, so did we. This is when they couldnt take more. I guess lifting a finger might be too hard work for theese guys, as the battlegroup didnt contribute with the amount of DCs and Scanners they said they would. I think after the comfortable win EXilition had, theese guys expected the same success without doing the work. Well guess what, thats not how it goes...Imo there must have been some very active officers in EX doing all the work, and all the members think they are uberl33t cause someone actually sat up all night to cover their asses.

I'm sure you'll hear other versions, and I dont mind. Thoose of you who cares deserves to hear from both holds what happened. One thing is for sure. SkyHead and his egoiistic actions is not wanted nor needed in Insomnia.

And you dS members. Many of you guys are great guys. Seeing the reasons u submitted when u quit shows that this wasnt a democratic move, as many of you didnt want to leave. I hope you do well wherever you go. You know who you are

To the rest. Start defending your alliance, they are the ones who will cover your asses. Maybe THIS is why you didnt get covered when you had incs, and all youre fleets were out attacking...
And learn to show respect for DCs and Scanners using THEIR time helping YOU.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 23:33   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Current Insomnia situation...

Co-ords list please, to the usual address.
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 23:46   #3
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Good luck with the rest of the round!
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 23:48   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Reunion, kings of the battlewings.. Has a nice ring to it, doesnt it.

Subh, and now this Insomnia group.
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 23:51   #5
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

I really wonder when ppl will learn not to accept external bg`s into their alliance. They are Mercenaries and will only stay as long as it benefits them. They have no loyalty to the alliance they join, only to the group they are a part of. We have seen it again and again and somehow people still don’t learn.
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 23:59   #6
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

letting skyhead in wasn't the smartest choice jonas :P gl to ya m8
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 00:15   #7
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

if their goal was/is to bring 1up down (as Jonas stated), why would they join Reuinion? LOL...
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 00:36   #8
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

"Can't beat them? Join them"
And the person i was talking about not getting defence is to the best of my knowledge not part of Skyheads bg. He defended, not a lot, but he defended. Good luck to both Jonas and Insomnia, and to Skyhead and his bg. Let's see how this move affects this round.
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 00:48   #9
Marinho
[ND]

Marinho is on a distinguished road

Good luck Jonas with rest of the round, too bad things didn't work out but you guys were impressive nonetheless.
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 01:32   #10
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

While your at it, please submit a public apology for kicking cheerios by mistake.

/me folds his arm and taps his foot.
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 01:43   #11
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

Keep Insomnia alive mate!
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 02:00   #12
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

lol
nub jonas
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 02:01   #13
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

I reckon some sleepless nights for insomnia
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 02:08   #14
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

this is what happens when you take in bg's i suppose
When will people learn it's not a smart move to take people like that in?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 02:38   #15
EB\afk
AFK

EB\afk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
lol
nub jonas
nub :
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 07:35   #16
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
The reason they left, I guess, is the fact they had no loyalty to Insomnia. All they wanted to do was to bring 1up down, and get good planetranks(This is not why we have attacked 1up, dont worry).
I can only speak for myself but I don't believe members of dS were that into own ranks. Yes, we wanted to bring 1up down and I don't think there's anything wrong in that. We were not big enough to make a major impact but we did what we could (but HC's of insomnia made it hard for us). The reasons for why we left, I guess you could say we had no loyalty for insomnia, not in the end atleast. I know several of our bigger planets defended insomnia every night, some of us were doing def-calls, everything we could to keep Insomnia alive and kicking. In my opinion we were as loyal we could be and I believe the main reason we left was not the members of Insomnia. They did what they could, but the HC's did not. I will not get into this anymore than I have. If Skyhead feels like it, he has better knowledge of everything that happened.

Jonas, please stop bringing up eXilition in this case. You had no problems with having a few eX members before but now you can't stop ranting about it. For someone who recruits [Dream] and TeK to insomnia, you are the last person to talk about defence. In TeK's case, you know why he left 1up and still you took him in with open arms. Still you got the nerve to say that dS members didn't defend.
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 07:59   #17
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
To the rest. Start defending your alliance
'nuf said
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 11:56   #18
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran

Jonas, please stop bringing up eXilition in this case. You had no problems with having a few eX members before but now you can't stop ranting about it. For someone who recruits [Dream] and TeK to insomnia, you are the last person to talk about defence. In TeK's case, you know why he left 1up and still you took him in with open arms. Still you got the nerve to say that dS members didn't defend.
lol this made me laugh DD

poor dreamy) even tho i guess he knows it :P
and tek well obvious case round after round
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 13:08   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
I reckon some sleepless nights for insomnia
this is the best line on AD for a while

laff
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 15:48   #20
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
if their goal was/is to bring 1up down (as Jonas stated), why would they join Reuinion? LOL...
Maybe one day I'll show you meeting logs from the #dS channel. SkyHead will be running most of the offensive military in Reunion, and will also have great political impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
While your at it, please submit a public apology for kicking cheerios by mistake.

/me folds his arm and taps his foot.
I've talked to cheerios. He was part of the BG and was removed from channels until we knew what he would do. Noone kicked him ingame. I did apology to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran
I can only speak for myself but I don't believe members of dS were that into own ranks. Yes, we wanted to bring 1up down and I don't think there's anything wrong in that. We were not big enough to make a major impact but we did what we could (but HC's of insomnia made it hard for us). The reasons for why we left, I guess you could say we had no loyalty for insomnia, not in the end atleast. I know several of our bigger planets defended insomnia every night, some of us were doing def-calls, everything we could to keep Insomnia alive and kicking. In my opinion we were as loyal we could be and I believe the main reason we left was not the members of Insomnia. They did what they could, but the HC's did not. I will not get into this anymore than I have. If Skyhead feels like it, he has better knowledge of everything that happened.

As I said, some of the dS members were indeed very good members of Insomnia. In general, however, dS had a far lower amount of defence, a far higher amount of rules broken and most of the whining(as in 1 day of less roidfat targets, or one day of -% on roids, the alliance was gonna collapse).

SkyHead knew I had 1 week of work, and he used it against me. The HC did their job, SkyHead knew our situation. His problem was that we didnt necessarily wanna hit 1up every day. He wanted them dead, we wanted them reduced. He wanted power he didn't get, for obvious reasons. I got logs showing SkyHead agreeing to political plans, but whining when they were being executed perfectly.

I've not said anything negative about eXilition. If you took it that way, i'm sorry.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 17:34   #21
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

saw this coming ages ago.

No wonder they left tbh.

gl

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 17:42   #22
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
saw this coming ages ago.

No wonder they left tbh.

gl
Dude, you always say you saw something coming or knew something early.
SHUT YOUR DUMB ASS UP.
You didn't see it coming. You didn't know they were breaking rules that wold make the HC want them to leave etc. I doubt they even knew that the HC were getting tired of them.

Edit: had to bold a few things.
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 17:49   #23
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

chika, u don't have any clue what happened in dS.
wishmaster DID KNOW that would happen, as he got good contacts to many ppl in dS. and only cause jonas said we were breaking rules doesn't mean we really did. so better u SHUT YOUR DUMB ASS UP
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 18:02   #24
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
wishmaster DID KNOW that would happen, as he got good contacts to many ppl in dS. and only cause jonas said we were breaking rules doesn't mean we really did. so better u SHUT YOUR DUMB ASS UP
Almeida, your the biggest boob job to ever grace PA territory.
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 18:04   #25
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

erm, if u wanna insult me, then make up sentences that actually make sense.
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 18:05   #26
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
think he defends me pretty well there. and yes. I did know this would happen.

tata

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 18:15   #27
Chika

Hehe, i got 2 negreps that took a grand total of 5 points combined. So obviously from nobodies. Wishmaster, yes, almedia did a good job of defending you. Which you didn't need to say, or reply to. thus being the point of my first post to you. Noone gives a **** what you knew. I am guessing you never heard that, as you keep posting in the same fashion.
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 18:19   #28
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
erm, if u wanna insult me, then make up sentences that actually make sense.

twat
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 18:22   #29
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
No wonder they left tbh.

gl
Is it the same reason as the one those who leave Hydra use?
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 18:53   #30
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
twat
beautiful sentance structure
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 20:24   #31
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

Jonas.... So disapointed in you... We we're quite a fair amount of BG members in DC Channel. We did help out alot. We did defend. We did everything we possibly could, to benefit to the greater of Insomnia. Unfortunately, when more and more of our bigger planets didn't get covered, we had to do as we did. This round isn't important, but it ain't unimportant either. We wanna play good, have good battles.

And don't you ****in' say we didn't help out with DC-job and defence, cuz' you know aswell as me that is a PHAT LIE!!!
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 20:54   #32
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Is it the same reason as the one those who leave Hydra use?

yes.

Have I ever said anything else?

Quote:
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 00:09   #33
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible
Jonas.... So disapointed in you... We we're quite a fair amount of BG members in DC Channel. We did help out alot. We did defend. We did everything we possibly could, to benefit to the greater of Insomnia. Unfortunately, when more and more of our bigger planets didn't get covered, we had to do as we did. This round isn't important, but it ain't unimportant either. We wanna play good, have good battles.

And don't you ****in' say we didn't help out with DC-job and defence, cuz' you know aswell as me that is a PHAT LIE!!!

So basicly what you are saying, if you dont get covered, you fck off?
Nice to know who to anti-vouch for in the future if you guys ever apply

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 00:22   #34
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
So basicly what you are saying, if you dont get covered, you fck off?
Nice to know who to anti-vouch for in the future if you guys ever apply
Seconded.
If people like Incredible cannot cope with losing roids from time to time - go, play with barbie puppets.
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 00:28   #35
Wishmaster
LDK

the reasons for not getting covered counts though.

If no DCs on, no people on. then its annoying.

If the alliance got fleets/ships but the owners of planets aint online to use them. annoying.

If alliance is under heavy attack, and all do as well as they can. All got their fleets out flying, and u loose roids. np

Quote:
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 02:41   #36
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

I said dS in general were poor at defending. I said it did improve tho, and I said there were some people in dS doing alot of work. Please read what I write before u whine(oh, this reminds me o something o_O)

And im sure Wishmaster knew of this ages ago, as they clearly had planned it together. Got thoose suspicions when SkyHead had a go at me for targetting Hydra.

Goodluck in Reunion. Don't come to me when you dont get covered lol.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 03:31   #37
Wishmaster
LDK

2 things.

We had NOTHING planned with dS. Pm me if u want confirmation on that. I am sure I can convince u.

They had a go at u for targetting an alliance which were rather friendly instead of targetting hostille alliances. This also lead to ur alliance loosing / gaining less roids the next 3 days. -as we retalled-

I ve even been told u admitted it was a bad move..

Quote:
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 11:42   #38
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

So ds and Hydra core are joining Reunion? To fight 1up?
And wasn't reunion napped to 1up?

WTF is going on?
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 11:59   #39
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Ego's and the reality of war are never a good combination.

R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 12:09   #40
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k

WTF is going on?
I know, I don't really get it either
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 12:15   #41
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
Ego's and the reality of war are never a good combination.

then lets be thrilled that this is a game where even the most bony pile of shit can be Somebody
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 12:18   #42
Agerus

Quote:

WTF is going on?
my guess is that NAP still remains. when you realise you can't win against 1up you try to get at least a good personal ranking
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 12:50   #43
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
my guess is that NAP still remains. when you realise you can't win against 1up you try to get at least a good personal ranking
That would be quite silly. They merged to make an impact in the round. I can't believe their strategy will be merging for ranks and then napping to stay high ranked.
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 13:33   #44
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That would be quite silly. They merged to make an impact in the round. I can't believe their strategy will be merging for ranks and then napping to stay high ranked.

at least seems exactly what they are doing atm
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 14:42   #45
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
My personal guess would be that they will try to outgrow 1up, with Skyhead's bg continously attacking napped planets "by accident".
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 15:35   #46
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

I don't think attacking napped planets by accident is going to help them win the round. I said the same about ND on another thread, if an alliance wants to end #1 in the universe, it will eventually have to wage war against the current #1.
But i would be surprised if Reunion made this move just to end as #2.
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 15:56   #47
Agerus

keep in mind, Reunion is "new". Why would they aim for No1? + 1up supported them by giving a nap.

no, the only option Reunion would have is to outgrow 1up which will be extremely difficult because 1up is more experienced and skilled . that new BG wont make a big impact, they should have lost quite some roids while allianceless.
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 16:42   #48
Heartless

Quote:
I don't think attacking napped planets by accident is going to help them win the round. I said the same about ND on another thread, if an alliance wants to end #1 in the universe, it will eventually have to wage war against the current #1.
But i would be surprised if Reunion made this move just to end as #2.
They are definately aiming for the #1 spot (at least their HC told their members last night), but why start a war right now? ND should provide a decent roid source for them, seeing that we are currently facing an all vs all fight between the top 3 alliances and ND is most likely the least stable alliance. Then they probably aim for eliminating LCH as third contender for the #1 spot and afterwards we'll see - the politically most charming way for Reunion would be to outgrow 1up; especially since that would add an extra point for a possible victory: "Look at us, we did not have to fight 1up to beat them". Recruitment doesn't really come in since it is done pretty mid-round and a valid tactic anyways.
Whilst I do agree with you on the "attacking napped planets 'by accident'" issue, I am sure we will definately see that happening - if not even a breaking of the nap between reunion and 1up sooner or later. Remember - Reunion HCs stated they will want to become #1 alliance on their meeting yesterday which gives Skyhead's BG some backup in political influence: "Without us you won't end #1 alliance, so you better play as we tell you" (weak argument, I know, but Reunion are a new alliance and they do cope with some internal issues as they also pointed out).

Whatever - let's wait for what will happen, I expect all alliances inside top 4 have their plans for any possible situation.
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 17:12   #49
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
keep in mind, Reunion is "new". Why would they aim for No1? + 1up supported them by giving a nap.

no, the only option Reunion would have is to outgrow 1up which will be extremely difficult because 1up is more experienced and skilled . that new BG wont make a big impact, they should have lost quite some roids while allianceless.
Being "new" should, of itself, be no restriction to an alliance's aims. Obviously while they're in the middle of reorganising after a merge + heavy recruitment they'd be wanting to avoid any war at all so they can get their own organisation resettled. Thereafter, I'm sure they'll assess the alliance ranks and the political situation and act as suits them best. The ideal situation for ANY alliance in a race for #1 is for the other main contenders to fight one another while they grow by roiding at will with little incs - but PA is rarely that kind to anyone.

I also think a lot of posters are fairly naive about what "aiming for #1" is - and treat it as though it's some black and white choice between two totally opposing options. Most courses of action have SOME chance of resulting in a #1 position - it's not like there's always only one option which has any chance of getting to #1. I suspect a lot of posters see the choices as being:

OPTION 1: Has a chance of getting to #1 and a chance of not getting to #1
OPTION 2: Has no chance of getting to #1 and a 100% chance of not getting to #1

If that was the situation, then obviously OPTION 1 would be the only reasonable choice to make. However, I believe the options are usually more along the lines of (and obviously the actual % are just as examples):

OPTION 1: Has a 25% of chance of getting #1, a 40% chance of finishing #2 or #3 and a 35% chance of getting smashed and slumping down the rankings and having a totally dispirited member base.
OPTION 2: Has a 10% chance of getting to #1 and a 90% chance of finishing either #2 or #3.

When the outcomes aren't so black and white, the decisions for HC to make aren't as simple as they may appear from a casual view. That applies to all alliances - not just reunion. Certainly I've made decisions on 1up's behalf that haven't maximised out chance of getting #1 this round - as some options open (for example making lots of naps earlier in the round when offered) may increase our chance of getting #1 - but carry associated risks/down-sides that I didn't believe it was in our interest to take.

Discussing what other alliances should do is valid and interesting material for AD. But it would be far more interesting if posters looked into a bit more of the depth of issues affecting any actual decision rather than painting things as a very simple choice between two options.
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 19:11   #50
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Looking at the scores, unless I calced very wide of the mark, now that hydra merged with reunion, it means that if/when the insomnia bg joins Reunion, Reunion will go #1 by quite a few million.

My question would be, what would the other alliances do to combat this? And how will 1up react?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote