User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Dec 2005, 17:00   #1
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
Planet Registration - Lowering Multi's?

God knows if this is cost effective and Ive no idea how difficult or long it would take to impliment but i was just thinking about the whole signup process. This idea wouldnt prevent account sharing but it may help prevent fake account signups.

At the moment you register online, then await an email which contains the activation code.

Most people have more then 1 email account and if they dont, its easy and free to sign one up specifically for extra accounts with PA.

So instead of PA sending for an email with your code, how about you get a text message instead? Sure, people can own more then one phone or even buy a new one but this aint as cost effective for cheat0rs and MHs could even call these phones to test their authenticity.

Such systems are already used by some online companies, maybe this is something PA may be able to use?

Anyway, its just a fleeting idea
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 17:10   #2
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough
Re: Planet Registration - Lowering Multi's?

What happens to people who don't own a phone?

And couldn't we all start claiming we don't own phones to use whatever method is put in place for non phone owners? If you are on the internet you are almost guaranteed to have a email account of some sort. But having an internt/email account does not necessarily mean you have a phone.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 17:19   #3
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

replace a text message with a signup activation code in the (snail) mail?

would require a little organization (oops, tha'tsthat one shot down) but other than that would seem feasable.

this would then, i believe, make pa paypal compliant - as you're paying for an activation code, which requires a shipping address.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 17:31   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
replace a text message with a signup activation code in the (snail) mail?

would require a little organization (oops, tha'tsthat one shot down) but other than that would seem feasable.

this would then, i believe, make pa paypal compliant - as you're paying for an activation code, which requires a shipping address.
Thing about phones is they are a ubiqitous device - everyone has one - whewreas eveyrone does not have a unique address.

To be honest both methods are really entirly unfeasible.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 17:39   #5
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Hehe well, was just a passing thought;P
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 17:40   #6
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

How about we all forget about planetarion completely and go play CounterStrike: Source for the rest of our lives

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 19:09   #7
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Hehe yeah man, now thats a game where there's no worry of cheating!;P
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:36   #8
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

good idea tbh both the phone system and the cs:s idea!!!
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 03:06   #9
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have 3 phones, in theory its a good idea. But I could use one of my three phones, my sisters, my dads, my mums, my other sisters, my mates etc etc etc...