User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Nov 2005, 17:34   #1
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold
GC told of closures???

just an idea, how bout telling the GC of a gal if a planet in the gal is closed?? recently had a situation where the closed planet had become inactive for a while, as hed been v active before hand nothing was done in case he showed bk up, unfortunately we didnt think to scan him to see, stupid of us i know, when we did think to scan him found out he had been closed, then cost 300k of each res to get rid of him :/ seems a bit excessive that someone gets closed and then it costs the gal loads to clear him away, and would be good if the GC was mailed informing them of a closure, no need for reasons, just "xx:xx:xx has been closed by the pa team" allowing the gal to clear them out quickly
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 17:50   #2
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: GC told of closures???

well, he can be reopened again. it stays closed for 10 days before being deleted from the database.

Sending a mail to GC about a planet -under investigation- will harm the player more than it has to as he might be reopened, and find himself situated in a shit gal.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 18:27   #3
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

I really don't understand this crazy mentality of exile inactives and closed planets. All the people who think that it's a good idea to exile those planets do is then complain that they only get inactives or closed planets returning to their gals.

Do you not realise that if you exile inactives or closed planets because they're "worthless" all you are going to get back in your gal is a fresh bunch of "worthless" planets. And for that privelege you've wasted lots of resources. And the reason this happens is because every GC seems to think like you.

Spend your time more productively, mail the GCs in your cluster, teach them the error of exiling all the time.

It's becomming a real pet hate of mine, this "exile everyone quick" mentality. Stop and think before you do it, please!</rant>

Hugs and cuddles. :-)
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 18:44   #4
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy
I really don't understand this crazy mentality of exile inactives and closed planets. All the people who think that it's a good idea to exile those planets do is then complain that they only get inactives or closed planets returning to their gals.

Do you not realise that if you exile inactives or closed planets because they're "worthless" all you are going to get back in your gal is a fresh bunch of "worthless" planets. And for that privelege you've wasted lots of resources. And the reason this happens is because every GC seems to think like you.

Spend your time more productively, mail the GCs in your cluster, teach them the error of exiling all the time.

It's becomming a real pet hate of mine, this "exile everyone quick" mentality. Stop and think before you do it, please!</rant>

Then why dont you start to delete the inactives? Or let them be exiled to c200 or something. It might be a pain for you but its defently a pain for us having the inactive (spy planets) in our galaxies.
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 18:49   #5
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

It is dumb, everyone exiles players at the start who probably turned into good players. And they got inactives in return.

A lot of GC are power hungry idiots who don't realise that when they threaten you, or exile you you end up in a good gal and they have lost out.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 18:54   #6
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Well, my gal has got about 4 active exiles, so for us the exiling has worked
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 19:39   #7
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy

Surely you'd exile a closed player with a view to getting a fluffy new galmate who might actually do something for you? I would've thought most good GC's would take it upon themselves to try and establish a galaxy in which a few people actually played, the context being, I'd rather have 1 active player that helped out than 5 inactives.

But yeah, it's a pity galaxies are so trigger happy with exiles.
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 20:11   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyConrad
Then why dont you start to delete the inactives?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual
Changes from last roundRound 15 Changes:
- Increased the inactive free planet deletion from 5 days to 10 days.
Quote:
Or let them be exiled to c200 or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual
Changes from last round
Round 15 Changes:

- Free & inactive planets are automatically exiled after 72 + (numer of previous auto exiles * 20) hours to C200+.
Quote:
It might be a pain for you but its defently a pain for us having the inactive (spy planets) in our galaxies.
Yes, we realised. that's why we tried to make rules to help do this. Unfortunately, active planets aren't spy planets, and on it's own "being a spy planet" (being small and logging in lots) isn't against the rules. Being a stupid spy planet (where lots of people log in) is being against the rules, and that's what we close most of them for :-)

I know that we increased the time for deletion, but that's because people got cross they went away for a week and were gone before they got back. Instead, they just get exiled.
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 22:41   #9
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Kloopy, what about the dead gals.

I am in one such galaxy. I exiled from my last game to try and get in a smaller galaxy and help them build, teach new players etc.
In 3 weeks I have gotten 3 people from my galaxy onto irc. They have now quit. I can't even find ministers enough to exile people out.
I have only exiled once. It now costs me 600k if I wish to exile. I have 45 roids. It simply takes too long to even bothering saving up.

Now lets look at facts. The new players come to my galaxy. They see it is dead. They get hit non-stop. They cant find an alliance (I can get anyone into an alliance, but I wasn't able to get the actives in from this gal), they get no defence, they do not even bother paying. They then quit.

Now I estimate that in the last week 10 people or so have quit from my galaxy (that signed up and never stayed). There are 16 smaller galaxies than mine I am told. That is 160 players potentially who if landed in a half decent galaxy would of been found an alliance, and a credit. That is like 15% of the active playerbase or something.
Imo the only thing that can be done with these small galaxies is to close them,, stick all planets into c200, and let them take there chances when they rejoin the universe.

That doesn't make me stupid, as you stated to someone else, for exiling, that makes me someone trying to do the game a favour, to get players to stay, to aid alliances.
And I resent being called stupid.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2005, 02:51   #10
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

i have gained 3-4 actives from exiling, also my gal found a new unpaid player a credit and advised allies to join. as we have alot of incs atm id rather have some active ppl. another issue thats now cropped up is a spy planet that we exiled, had been giving the free jpg's to attackers etc not defending anyone, we exiled him, he self exiled twice and ended up back in my gal, causing us more problems and incs for another 48 hours before we have to exile him again
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2005, 14:45   #11
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

over the entire round so far i've gotten 1 semi active ish player with exiling... rest all inactives/multies/farms

forest is right and something needs to be done about this. heck even if you remove 10/20 inactive gals it would help alot
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 17:05   #12
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

dead gals only lead to dead players which only leads to a dead/dying PA memberbase. We should keep the increase exile cost but should work the mdifications on exile tools towards purging dead galaxies that just become "orange galaxies" and get bashed endlessly. IMO these galaxies offer nothing beneficial to planetarion.

Exile to c200 should be 3 days for unpaid accounts, although I know (especially in a good galaxy) if you will be away for 3 days its a good strategy to let yourself sit on roids and not use Vacation mode. There should maybe be a "Away" mode that allows you to get attacked, receive defence etc but will extend your no login period (maybe).

Back on the issue tho these galaxies should have some system inpace where the whole galaxy goes to c200. That way the decent/active galaxies can get them afte rthey login again and work on getting the new guys active on IRC.. a pa mail should be sent upon galaxy closures and so forth.

I don't know where this could go but it's a great idea for the game imo... otherwise galaxies like 4:8 and 4:9 will just stay the way they are.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 19:56   #13
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

It is something that happens EVERY round, the closing of glaxies, because I have suggested it to admins and they do it every round np.
This round I asked for my own galaxy to close, and all of a sudden they cant give a proper exvuse not to close them.
I have exiled 3 times, each time I have landed in a gal not even top 180.
At first admins used the excuse that my gal had enough players. I landed now in a gal that at one point had 6 players (it has 8 now), and it has continous incoming. Hell I had 45 roids and two waves on me.
They still won't close the galaxy. I nowhave 29 roids, and it costs 10.2 mill res to exile. I make 24k a tick.
The maths are easy. It = players leaving.
Its not even as if I am looking for a big galaxy, I just want a playable one.

As far as I see, not one person has given a good reason why these gals should NOT be closed, but the positives of closing them are many.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 20:21   #14
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I have exiled 3 times, each time I have landed in a gal not even top 180.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preferences Page
I will accept playing wherever I end up, even if I dislike my new galaxy more than this one! I understand that there is no going back and no way to undo what has been done.

Subsequent self-exiles WILL cost more resources than this one.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 20:29   #15
Forest

Smudge you go and play in a gal that is out of the top 200 (like I have done each time), and you will see it is IMPOSSIBLE to play and exile is a must.
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 00:36   #16
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

so basicly you 1) will exile all that are useless to you in the first 72 hours, then when those people leave there accounts (because of the exile every 3 hours) and become REALY idle, you 2)come and complain about the amount of idle accounts you get handed back by the exile system

you want to 1) have a hudge playerbase but 2) have all the people that dont spend 6 hours a day on PA removed from your gal and 3) all players that dont log in daily removed from the game because they are noobs.........

yeah makes sence [/sarcasm]
(thanks to biffy for making it possible to laugh at jokers like this in public)
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 00:47   #17
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

that's not what he's saying at all xontas and you would know if you read it... you've grown bitter i suppose, ohwell.

anyways, the point is that a gal which has no score and no roids and people never login, should be removed from the game before it's messed up for other players who DO exile in there, but have no chance of playing there.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 09:44   #18
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

You cant just remove players from the game because they are inactive. What you need currently is fiarly active people to motivate them into actually starting to take an intrest. Helping them get in alliances who will defend them ect.

To be honest. Things will never get a lot better with the player mentality that is around at the moment. We should not be exiling these people we should be encouraging them. Why dont some of the bigger alliances start to take in really small people from inactive gals and start tutoring them.

An Idea i have had recently but not bothered to get down on the suggestions forum would be for alliances to have an 80 member limit with 20 spaces for new players to the game who are willing to learn and play. Unfortunatly all you guys care about is winning so you would abuse the system to get more players like you have currently rather than giving anything back to the community

The current exil system imo is good or rather not to bad. Active people genrarly go to inactive gals (dont want this, dont exile) Which means that inactive gals usually get at leaste one person who can help them and assist them. If this person then got the members of the gal into alliances it would mean they would actually get defence and might actually bother to play. Then we begin to have more actuve player base and this trend would continue. But at the moment all we have is people exiling for a better rank rather than trying to work with what they have and then they come and complain that every gal they land in is the same. Of course its the same untill you the community start to put some effort into helping new players.
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 09:47   #19
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

If i hadnt of been encouraged into a good alliance in my early days and been taken under the tuition of people who knew more than me i dont know if i would be around today.
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 14:16   #20
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
You cant just remove players from the game because they are inactive. What you need currently is fiarly active people to motivate them into actually starting to take an intrest. Helping them get in alliances who will defend them ect.

I trued for 3 solid weeks to get ppl in a gal ranked 200 interested. People either exiled straight away, or left the game.

Xontas grow the fk up.
I have not been in a top gal this round, and if you had followed things you would know that it is not my aim.
My aim is to help the smaller players.

Me alone i had two waves on me when i had 45 roids yesterday, and this morning i had 550 cr/bs land on me when i had 29 roids.
And I have it easier than most in my galaxy.

Anyway, I have made a decision on my next move is , I am sure it will take everyone by a huge surprise, and we will see some proper action.