User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 18 Dec 2005, 22:48   #201
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: So question to exilition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood

Lot's of relevant stuff
You're possibly right but this keeps coming back to getting people to do what you want to do which is ultimately the falling point of the theory. I genuinely don't think Nd hitting them earlier would've made much difference in all truth other than to provide ex with extra higher ratio targets to hit rather than the 1up/Angels targets with 200 roids they'd been waving for a week. I guess we'll never know sadly.

Quote:

By this <------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> much.
That makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 22:49   #202
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Possibly. But even so that was not my point, just that a single alliance altering their targetting earlier could made a real difference.

I'm not proposing that you'd be of much use now, I imagine many of your members have gone fairly inactive due to the fact you're not really playing for anything anymore. I would think that angels are in a similar enough situation. My point is that if all three alliances had concentrated on exilition earlier on they would have found it nigh on impossible to get to the number one spot. If at that point in time angels, nd and 1up had all consistently attacked exilition for an extended period of time we would be looking at a very different alliance ranking right now.

And therein lays knocking teh nail on the head.
The HC of ND/Angels/1up have actively been trying to discourage blocking, wheras exi will block with whoever they can in order to win.

Effectively it comes down to exi being able to walk in, block, then leave the game for a round, whilst other alliances are trying to do the best to keep the game running longer.

And the smaller alliances are blinded by being 'in' with bigger alliances. I know, I've been there.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 22:57   #203
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Ah, the guy who thinks it's productive to put detailed in-game information up for Alliance Discussion.
And I wouldn't exactly call it detailed tbh.

I even prefaced it with me liking exilition. In fact, I even told Mano a couple weeks ago that I wouldn't mind seeing exilition win....however I was under the impression that they (you?) were going solo.

Plus, who are you? Personal insults are not nice, considering you don't even know me.
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 22:57   #204
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
And therein lays knocking teh nail on the head.
The HC of ND/Angels/1up have actively been trying to discourage blocking, wheras exi will block with whoever they can in order to win.

Effectively it comes down to exi being able to walk in, block, then leave the game for a round, whilst other alliances are trying to do the best to keep the game running longer.

And the smaller alliances are blinded by being 'in' with bigger alliances. I know, I've been there.
The issue for this round, while you all cry into a bucket about blocking is that ND simply hasn't been good enough to hold a lead and employ the right tactics against exilition.

One might take issue with the fact that Angels and 1up weren't helping ND enough about a week ago, but then they owe ND nothing whatsoever, and are alliances with too much self-respect to relegate themselves to what effectively would be ND flak.

All this basically boils down to ND being good enough and showing it's good enough that they are worth winning a round in their own performance.

Exilition coming in and coming out of rounds is pretty intelligent. I wouldn't want to play rounds at their level 2 rounds in a row and nor would i be bothered to turn up for that second round where i'd get tanked by everyone in the universe. It's just basic effort saving.
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 23:06   #205
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
The issue for this round, while you all cry into a bucket about blocking is that ND simply hasn't been good enough to hold a lead and employ the right tactics against exilition.

It is not crying into a bucket, its just stating that exi are prepared to do what it takes and bugger the consequences, as long as they win.

I make no judgement on whether that is right or wrong, as I have thoughts on both sides of the argument, but it is indeed, a fact.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 00:16   #206
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
And I wouldn't exactly call it detailed tbh.

I even prefaced it with me liking exilition. In fact, I even told Mano a couple weeks ago that I wouldn't mind seeing exilition win....however I was under the impression that they (you?) were going solo.

Plus, who are you? Personal insults are not nice, considering you don't even know me.
It was hardly a personal insult unless you consider it a bad thing to do

I'm jerome's best friend. We write poems and bitch about bands all day.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 00:27   #207
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
So far we haven't seen eXilition playing a round without the need to have a minimum of 3/4 alliances playing lapdog. I'd like to congratulate everyone telling us how fantastic eXilition are as long as they have a bunch of groupies taking it up the ass on thier behalf.
Taking a post from the very beginning, I think this just shows how PA really has gone downhill.

We're very far away now, alliance war-wise, from 1up managing to win a round with two-thirds the alliance size of every other alliance (was that round 10 or 11?). Now alliances need 3-4 others just to help them along.

Pathetic, really

Hopefully PAN will bring some sort of structure and honour into the game once again, as the move from PA to PAX did.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 00:28   #208
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was hardly a personal insult unless you consider it a bad thing to do

I'm jerome's best friend. We write poems and bitch about bands all day.
Ok, I misunderstood.

Also: if you share jeromes taste in music then you're alright in my book
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 00:44   #209
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Please dont post if you dont know what you are talking about. ONLY ONE ALLIANCE WAS FLEETCATCHING 1:X:3, THERE WERE NOT MULTIPLE ALLIANCES FLEET CATCHING THAT PLANET.

There were multiple alliances involved, but there was no cooperation on single planets.
That's the biggest bag of bull I've seen posted here in a long time. There were 2 alliance involved in the attacking side of the catch of that planet. A third alliance on the attacking side participated in the catch in a different way as well. And beleive me when I tell you my information is 100% accurate.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 00:46   #210
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The HC of ND/Angels/1up have actively been trying to discourage blocking.
The HC of that group is in no way shape or form a collective unit with regard to anything. The HC of individual alliances is made up of individuals with completely different objectives and viewpoints.

You're observing that we should all play a part in building and maintaining the community we depend on as players and alliances. That goes without saying.

What you don't apparently have, is any comprehension of what any alliance other than your own has set out to do during the round over time. NewDawn - advocates of the community. Spare me the crap.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 00:58   #211
Forest

ND might not be perfect, but the reasons they gave me for not blocking the game to shit were becaus eit would ruin the round.

Now, whether they were just saying it to avoid war, or because they meant it, stilol had the same impact.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 01:02   #212
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

ND approached every player and his cat we've been through this.

They still are (Mostly just the players now eh)
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 01:47   #213
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
And beleive me when I tell you my information is 100% accurate.
Yes, because when someone says that on AD, we actually do believe them!

Quote:
ND approached every player and his cat we've been through this.
How many people they approached and how large a block they actually made can be two quite different things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
We're very far away now, alliance war-wise, from 1up managing to win a round with two-thirds the alliance size of every other alliance (was that round 10 or 11?). Now alliances need 3-4 others just to help them along.
That was round 12, and while 1up only had 67 members, LCH caved and hit ND for the last 3-4 weeks of the round...

Quote:
Hopefully PAN will bring some sort of structure and honour into the game once again, as the move from PA to PAX did.
Honor?!?!
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 02:56   #214
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Heh i leave for a few days and theres an exciting thread on AD \o/

Mazz you make it sound like this "super block" has been around the entire round. At the start when we have 1up/angels attacking us Subh were avoided but still not yet allies and even if they were i think you will agree that 1up/angels ahd a far better combined military than eX/subh ^_^.

Also concerning blocks, even if 1up/angels werent organising attacks on us (which IMO they were not) we are still recieveing the joint inc so makes little diference, we needed to counter it so finding help was the obvious coarse of action.
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 02:58   #215
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Taking a post from the very beginning, I think this just shows how PA really has gone downhill.

Pathetic, really

i love your propaganda
BTW you also say that if ND win "Now allainces need to avoid war with another 3-4 allainces all round to win"

but i forgive you cause ur cute
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 04:29   #216
Forest

So question to exilitio... 19 Dec 2005 00:10 mabye you should find out more before just negreping someone ty

whoever negrepped me please let me know, it seems someone might be negrepping in my name again.

for the record i never rep anyone
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 06:08   #217
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Question for Exilition: Who devised the plan to completely ignore Newdawn and let them cap as many roids as they want?
Whoever thought of that is a genius. You guys ignored them so long I was thinking that maybe you guys had a secrect pact, a RD 13 Exil/angels thing going, and you guys would just take second. Such confidence and positive arrogance, the person who devised this plan and carried it out with perfect execution. How did you guys know you could take Newdawn when you felt like it?
This is what has me pulling out my har atm. (you see I'm near clean bald anyway in my avatar)
GG EVERYONE. IRONY COMES IN 3'S 1 MORE ROUND NEWDAWN
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 07:34   #218
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Question for Exilition: Who devised the plan to completely ignore Newdawn and let them cap as many roids as they want?
eXil have played an extremely clever round. Because of the tenacity of their playerbase and the excellent work of their MOs, they may be behind ND in value be a respectable amount, but they are now nigh unkillable.

The majority of their planets consist of a big number of ghosts, a big number of tzens, some sabres and enough FI to fake their attack fleet at least once. Every attack they partake in scores maximum XP, they can't be fleetcaught as when they are, they are far below the bash limit of ND's biggest planets and the mass of smaller fleets is easily covered, and roiding them achieves nothing, as each wave through on them caps half as many roids as they do in their attacks, at half the XP. Being attacked by 33 fleets in a night, when 32 of them are well below your bash limit is a frustrating experience

Well played to eXil for fighting through such a hard round and still being strong enough to go for the win.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 09:25   #219
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
So question to exilitio... 19 Dec 2005 00:10 mabye you should find out more before just negreping someone ty

whoever negrepped me please let me know, it seems someone might be negrepping in my name again.

for the record i never rep anyone
I can beat that I got repped with the comment "how low" for saying that the way in which this discussion was brought about was "low." Genius .
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 10:03   #220
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Well I suppose f.ex. if angels decides not to let eXilition take the round (while aiding cause for ND) it only balances the fight and makes it more interesting if sum1 else choses the opposite. And no im not aware of their reasoning when chosing sides. I wouldn't call any of those alliances eXil muppets any less I'd call Angels ND muppets, if u catch my drift.
Lol, we are ND muppets? I guess you forgot the war we fought with them (while fighting Exi+allies at the same time).

Like Mazz nicely put it, we've tried all round to win this game. We were close, we were in the running for most of the time but at this point this is no longer the case. We just made a logical choice who we should hit (which makes sence to Angels). Wouldn't it be insulting towards Exi if we'd not hit them and give them the round for free?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 10:11   #221
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer77
Did you see anyone from Exilition moaning when we were getting heavy incoming from 5 alliances, or Angels (with the exception of KJ).
Point out where I actually moaned about being hit or kindly stfu thankyou.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 10:14   #222
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Like Mazz nicely put it, we've tried all round to win this game. We were close, we were in the running for most of the time but at this point this is no longer the case.
I think it probably was the case, until Angels gave up (10/12/2005)
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 10:15   #223
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I think a lot of HCs really weren't sure how they were going to win this round. They knew who they were facing, they knew what they were capable but they didn't know what to do with this information. Exilition knew what they wanted to do. They identified 1up as their primary threat to winning the round, and angels as the next most difficult opponent.
Jonny,

Mind you that Angels infact DID know what to do with this information. We started hitting Exi pretty early on. Isn't that what we're suppose to be doing when we want to win? Eliminate the biggest treat? And we succeeded until ND jumped in Exi managed to get even more allies to hit us.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 10:22   #224
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I think it probably was the case, until Angels gave up (10/12/2005)
mmm, I don't think we gave up at that particular date. Infact we're still not giving up. We've played our best round yet and we certainly will not let anything ruin it, regardless who wins.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 10:32   #225
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Very curious. Any HCs from LCH , Vgn, HR and Exil want to explain to the rest of us why its suddenly "ok" to break the rules?
and multihunters, can you confirm you are aware of the situation please
Read appos post. We (i can only speak for the LCH members of course) didnt break any rules.

Now go whine somewhere else
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 10:42   #226
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

I like to think Phil^ was joking.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 10:50   #227
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Jonny,

Mind you that Angels infact DID know what to do with this information. We started hitting Exi pretty early on. Isn't that what we're suppose to be doing when we want to win? Eliminate the biggest treat? And we succeeded until ND jumped in Exi managed to get even more allies to hit us.
If f-crew (just making a point, no offence intended) were going for number one this round do you think the only thing they'd need to have done would be to hit exilition?
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 10:50   #228
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I like to think Phil^ was joking.
Keep on dreaming
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 10:57   #229
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
If f-crew (just making a point, no offence intended) were going for number one this round do you think the only thing they'd need to have done would be to hit exilition?
No, but wouldn't that be their first step? Eliminating what you think will be your biggest treat? Just look at how Angels played and who we targetted. We hit Exi all round, untill we overtook them on score. We kept hitting them and then ND overtook us (by not engaging any wars). So what is the logical next step? To hit the one ranked above us to become #1 again.

Clearly it didn't work, but it made sence Jonny. We chose to hit the alliances that were #1. If we wouldn't have had 400+ calls a night (on some nights, while the avg was 200-250 most of the round) then my safe bet would be that it might have payed off.

Imo we played it the way we were suppose to. By being very aggressive and not letting any alliance run with the victory. Unlike some alliances, I can look back and say we atleast did everything we could to win, rather then counting on other alliances or counting on several circumstances.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 11:01   #230
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No, but wouldn't that be their first step? Eliminating what you think will be your biggest treat? Just look at how Angels played and who we targetted. We hit Exi all round, untill we overtook them on score. We kept hitting them and then ND overtook us (by not engaging any wars). So what is the logical next step? To hit the one ranked above us to become #1 again.
But it's not a question of pure logic, it's a question of strategy
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 11:09   #231
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
But it's not a question of pure logic, it's a question of strategy
¨
Pure logic was our strategy, what can I say. It could have worked, it didn't ...

What would have happened if we never hit Exi? Was ND gonna do it? Would there be infact anyone at all who would have bothered? Exi is the strongest alliance, i guess most alliances would be afraid hitting them, knowing the consequences.

We however weren't and did hit them.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 11:24   #232
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

This seems to me, as we see most rounds, to be the losing alliance(s) usual attempt at discrediting the winner or fabricating an evil plot to explain their loss.

I do wonder at which point 1up started to honestly believe they won r11 solely on their own members merits. 1up recruited outside players into their BGs to attack/defend with 1up. There is nothing wrong with this at all so please do not take it that way, my point is that 1up actively recruited outside help from their own alliance.

This round alliances have actively recruited outside players (in this case alliances) to help their own cause. Now it is quite pointless (though im sure some of you will try) getting into a debate about the difference between both and wether one is right or not so ill leave it with this:

The competition faced by Exi this round is far bigger than 1up faced in r11. Thus any measures taken would need to be on a bigger scale. Which is exactly what we are seeing.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 11:32   #233
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Whoever thought of that is a genius. You guys ignored them so long I was thinking that maybe you guys had a secrect pact, a RD 13 Exil/angels thing going, and you guys would just take second. Such confidence and positive arrogance, the person who devised this plan and carried it out with perfect execution. How did you guys know you could take Newdawn when you felt like it?
This is what has me pulling out my har atm. (you see I'm near clean bald anyway in my avatar)
GG EVERYONE. IRONY COMES IN 3'S 1 MORE ROUND NEWDAWN
They stole it from 1up's round 14 plan...
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 11:41   #234
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
This seems to me, as we see most rounds, to be the losing alliance(s) usual attempt at discrediting the winner or fabricating an evil plot to explain their loss.
Show me where theres a fabrication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoOf

I do wonder at which point 1up started to honestly believe they won r11 solely on their own members merits. 1up recruited outside players into their BGs to attack/defend with 1up. There is nothing wrong with this at all so please do not take it that way, my point is that 1up actively recruited outside help from their own alliance.
Please tell me have at least the vaguest shred of evidence to support that because it's the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoOf
The competition faced by Exi this round is far bigger than 1up faced in r11. Thus any measures taken would need to be on a bigger scale. Which is exactly what we are seeing.
Again, how do you work that out? 1up faced everyone in PA from tick 1 in R11. The post from Sid prior to tickstart made the 1up political landscape pretty obvious. eX have faced a maximum of 3 alliance this round at any one time.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 11:56   #235
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Show me where theres a fabrication.
Show me where theres an evil plot. (/shoo mazz I couldnt think of a better answer)

Quote:
Please tell me have at least the vaguest shred of evidence to support that because it's the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard.
I was invited into a 1up BG in r11, and attacked (and occasionally defended) with 1up. Not only that if I remember correctly I finished the round with far more attacks against LCH than any 1up planet (hence them rapeing me at the end of the round).

Quote:
Again, how do you work that out? 1up faced everyone in PA from tick 1 in R11. The post from Sid prior to tickstart made the 1up political landscape pretty obvious. eX have faced a maximum of 3 alliance this round at any one time.
Putting FAnG behind this (as they were not prepared on any level to face 1up and pretty much rolled over instantly) there was very little competent military opposition to 1up. Some of the LCH side attacks left the 1up planets in galaxies they targeted alone (as was the case constantly with my galaxy, and why I started attacking LCH with 1up). Not only this but many of the so called 'enemy' had NAPs with 1up making any military fight near impossible to win.

This round contains two (perhaps even 3-4 including Angels and ND) alliances who have the discipline and leadership to focus military attacks on their enemy. There is a far higher focus and concentrating of military power flying around between the top alliances than r11 ever had.

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:04   #236
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Show me where theres an evil plot. (/shoo mazz I couldnt think of a better answer)
erm...... :/

Quote:
I was invited into a 1up BG in r11, and attacked (and occasionally defended) with 1up. Not only that if I remember correctly I finished the round with far more attacks against LCH than any 1up planet (hence them rapeing me at the end of the round).
I've heard of self assurance but thats ridiculous. Because _you_ attacked and defended with 1up we won the round? Evidently you still attacked 1up and, to the best of my knowledge, you were invited without HC permission.

Quote:
Putting FAnG behind this (as they were not prepared on any level to face 1up and pretty much rolled over instantly) there was very little competent military opposition to 1up. Some of the LCH side attacks left the 1up planets in galaxies they targeted alone (as was the case constantly with my galaxy, and why I started attacking LCH with 1up). Not only this but many of the so called 'enemy' had NAPs with 1up making any military fight near impossible to win.

This round contains two (perhaps even 3-4 including Angels and ND) alliances who have the discipline and leadership to focus military attacks on their enemy. There is a far higher focus and concentrating of military power flying around between the top alliances than r11 ever had.
I think thats pretty subjective. 1up put up with phenomenal amounts of incoming in R11, we were just a better alliance then. The other thing is that you're handily forgetting the depth of military eX have on thier side this round; HR, VGN, SubH, LCH are all damned effective military and thats a might fine weapon to have on your side and a luxery 1up didn't have in R11.

JBG spoke earlier in the thread about available military force to stand up against the dominating alliance. R11 there was everyone, this round half of the top 10 are allied or nap'd.

Quote:
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:09   #237
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

you were with cheerios or dread if i remember correctly... hardly 1up material tbh and 1up HC didn't and still does NOT allow anyone outside of 1up to be in 1up BG's. it's that simple no matter what you claim z00f.. if you had targets given to you by galmates or if you check attacks by members and launch on same gals as your galmates that's hardly the same as what you are stating.

1up fought alone and some lamers took planetnaps... planetnaps hardly fight for 1up... they just don't fight against. same way as every winning alliance has planetnaps including exi and angels and ND etc etc etc
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:11   #238
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
same way as every winning alliance has planetnaps including exi and angels and ND etc etc etc
Hehe, excuse me?

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:24   #239
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Read appos post. We (i can only speak for the LCH members of course) didnt break any rules.

Now go whine somewhere else
You didn't break any "official rules".

However, I'd hate to be in an alliance whos sole purpose was to help another alliance win. Another alliance that I had nothing to do with, no satisfaction to gain from their victory, and no ties to at all.

That'd make for a pretty crappy round.

But then, I have some semblance of principles and values.

I guess LCH doesn't
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:24   #240
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
I've heard of self assurance but thats ridiculous. Because _you_ attacked and defended with 1up we won the round? Evidently you still attacked 1up.
Now that is an attempt at twisting my point.

I attacked with HR and LCH (a few times) at the start of the round roiding a few 1up planets, even got through on you but Dreadnoughts whineing made me recall, I simply couldnt take it anymore after a few hours.

I did however stop attacking 1up not too far into the round, join one of your BGs and attack/defend with 1up. Not to be misleading I didnt defend 1up very often.

Now my point is not that I caused 1up to win, or even had a large part of the win. I was replying to the claims 1up won r11 solely on their own merits with no outside help at all. This is a completely false statement, which my experiences of r11 reflect.

Quote:
I think thats pretty subjective. 1up put up with phenomenal amounts of incoming in R11, we were just a better alliance then. The other thing is that you're handily forgetting the depth of military eX have on thier side this round; HR, VGN, SubH, LCH are all damned effective military and thats a might fine weapon to have on your side and a luxery 1up didn't have in R11.
While I may question the 'effective military' comment about some of the listed allainces, all together im sure they have quite a kick. On the other hand 1up and Angels (+NewDawn?) have far more of a kick than LCH and co. could of ever dreamt of in r11. Both are scaled to meet the needs of the current situation.

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:28   #241
Tomkat

Quote:
Hehe, excuse me?
You must have forgotten the definition.

A planet nap is when that planet agrees not to hit Angels, and Angels agrees not to hit them.

It's cowardly and lame.

Just to remind you!

Now that I've given you the definition, check that information again, and you'll see Angels has a few planet naps
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:29   #242
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
it's that simple no matter what you claim z00f.. if you had targets given to you by galmates or if you check attacks by members and launch on same gals as your galmates that's hardly the same as what you are stating.
Righttttttttt.

I didnt need to take targets from gal mates or check attacks by members when I was in the same channel using Mario(Bowser as cyph pointed out, silly memory) to claim my own targets now did I? Ill leave it at that.

Last edited by Zo0f; 19 Dec 2005 at 12:46.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:31   #243
Tomkat

Quote:
Now my point is not that I caused 1up to win, or even had a large part of the win. I was replying to the claims 1up won r11 solely on their own merits with no outside help at all. This is a completely false statement, which my experiences of r11 reflect.
From what you're saying (I might have misunderstood here, sorry if I have) though, it sounds as if an alliance doesn't qualify for winning a round on its own if it has a tiny bit of help - in your opinion.

So you're saying that 1up didn't win r11 on their own merits, just because a few members gave you targets and asked for defence (unofficially)?

So an alliance would also be classed as "not winning on their own merits" if a few of the members got some in-gal defence once or twice during the round, as well?

I see.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:32   #244
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
You didn't break any "official rules".

However, I'd hate to be in an alliance whos sole purpose was to help another alliance win. Another alliance that I had nothing to do with, no satisfaction to gain from their victory, and no ties to at all.

That'd make for a pretty crappy round.

But then, I have some semblance of principles and values.

I guess LCH doesn't
Where did you pick that up? If I'm not mistaken LCH there plans to do this round was to rebuild there alliance, but correct me if I'm wrong please. They seem to be doing a good job at that.

eXilition
KweKweK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:38   #245
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

Same goes for the other alliances certain people claim to be doing eXi dirty work really. Do any of you claiming this really have an insight on what those so called "support alliances" set out to do this round?

eXilition
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:42   #246
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
From what you're saying (I might have misunderstood here, sorry if I have) though, it sounds as if an alliance doesn't qualify for winning a round on its own if it has a tiny bit of help - in your opinion.

So you're saying that 1up didn't win r11 on their own merits, just because a few members gave you targets and asked for defence (unofficially)?
You have a good point, in that it is difficult to know where to draw the line. If I was simply given the odd target as a favour and occasionally asked by friends for defence you would be correct, that is silly. However it was not at all like that (see my reply to cypher).

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:42   #247
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KweKweK
Do any of you claiming this really have an insight on what those so called "support alliances" set out to do this round?
"help exilition win and have little respect for themselves in the process" seems to be the only logical answer to that.

nqp (-:
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:48   #248
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

Quote:
"help exilition win and have little respect for themselves in the process" seems to be the only logical answer to that.

nqp (-:
Right.... In what way was that an answer to the question?

eXilition
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:54   #249
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Now that is an attempt at twisting my point.

I attacked with HR and LCH (a few times) at the start of the round roiding a few 1up planets, even got through on you but Dreadnoughts whineing made me recall, I simply couldnt take it anymore after a few hours.

I did however stop attacking 1up not too far into the round, join one of your BGs and attack/defend with 1up. Not to be misleading I didnt defend 1up very often.

You're just being silly now. Having 1 extra planet for an odd defence and a few attacks definately does no qualify as "you had help winning the round". It just seems to me your grasping onto the thinnest excuse imaginable to drag what 1up did through the mud. I'l end my part in this conversation here because thats about as weak as it gets.

Quote:
While I may question the 'effective military' comment about some of the listed allainces, all together im sure they have quite a kick. On the other hand 1up and Angels (+NewDawn?) have far more of a kick than LCH and co. could of ever dreamt of in r11. Both are scaled to meet the needs of the current situation.
Thats just utter cobblers. You're actually saying 3 alliances of 80 members packs more of a punch than upwards of 9 alliances including LCH, Mistu, FAnG, Wolfpack, NewDawn. I see what your trying to do but it's plain that you don't have any actual hard facts to back it up.

You evidently haven't been on the receiving end of the military focus of the alliances with eX this round otherwise you wouldn't be aking such silly statements about thier effective power. It's a pure numbers game that in addition to quality organisation has an alliance of 1up's calibre albeit not the same as R11, having to fight to hold onto 5th place.

Quote:
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 12:54   #250
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hehe, excuse me?
we both know you have planetnaps aswell so you're excused. unless you want a full list of angels that had planetnaps? or you give us a list of naps angels gave to other planets.

as for zo0f.
in PM you said 1up went out of their way to make naps to other players... while infact you are one of the few (let's make it 5 total) over all the 5 rounds 1up played who have been in 1up bg's while not in the alliance.

which was mostly because of 1 person who had nothing to do with HC. (namely dreadnought, whom hardly anyone liked or respected.) He got you in there as it was his own bg and i don't know if that BG involved any HC's who didn't oppose it or not but i know for a fact not all bg's have had HC presence.
but now you are comparing 1 or 2 single planets who took targets at times just so they kept their planetnap and didn't get incomings as they were afraid of that to the same level as allying entire alliances.

and your point was? righhhhtt...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote