User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Sep 2005, 05:28   #1
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve
MoD decides fund tax

I think the mod should be able to set the tax amount on the fund. Just a drop-down beside the allowed resources. Maybe cap it at 10% and if you want to stop any kind of exploitability, make it a 24 tick wait before switching again or something.
Ron7684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 07:32   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: MoD decides fund tax

Taxes are bad. I dislike.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 09:04   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If you search the forums, you'll find at the end of the day a lot of people object to a set tax. By the time you've added in an optional element of the tax and everything else, it's easier just to ask people to donate if they want to join in. Some galaxies don't use the galaxy fund that much.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 09:19   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I dictate a 90% tax \o/

Do a search or maybe there is a lot of the same idea in DECLINED *shrugs*

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 20:25   #5
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

nonononono, hold the neg rep!!! i didnt mean a tax tax.
i meant, when you trade with the gal fund, its 5% now, right. Im saying let the minister set THIS tax, or whatever u wanna call it, tax fee etc. to anything between 0% and 10%. sorry for the confusions
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 23:11   #6
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

i see how it is, when i make a bad suggestion i get flamed thrice in 4 hrs but now i dont get a reply in 2 days O.o CONSPIRACIES!!!

Last edited by Ron7684; 23 Sep 2005 at 00:46.
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 00:45   #7
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

no, seriously. Anyone have ANYTHING at all to say about this? dont be afraid, my uberleetamazing suggestion making skills couldnt have scared away everyone
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 23:50   #8
OrionIII
Force Adept

OrionIII is an unknown quantity at this point

I can see an enourmous way to scam money off of others, or for multi's to get into a galaxy and set the fund to max tax and steal the money from everyone in the galaxy.

My suggestion to anyone who may want to consider implementing this would be to limit it to a certain amount and changes have to be approved by at least one other minister or the GC. And possibly some sort of benefit in exchange for losing your resources.

Regardless of that, i presume this idea will be rejected by the PA crew, not to flame, but i seem to remember this suggested several times before.
Round 11 - Fusi0n HC / Coven Member / Coven Officer
Round 13 & 14 - Coven Officer
Round 15 - Insomnia
OrionIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 06:16   #9
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

God damn does any1 understand it. The 5% tax that is on now when trading resources. Im suggesting to change that to a % decided by the MoD. Cap it at 5% if you like.
Reason im saying this is cause when the fund hits 15M each res. Id rather give the gal free trading than make it any bigger.
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 06:36   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Then why not just donate it out to the smaller planets in your galaxy, use it to provide an incentive for more activity. 100k of each resource is pittance for the fund as a whole at this stage of the round, but for a player just starting it makes a large difference.

But then, i forgot that you hated all newbies and new planets and spend your whole time exiling them .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 08:53   #11
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron7684
nonononono, hold the neg rep!!! i didnt mean a tax tax.
i meant, when you trade with the gal fund, its 5% now, right. Im saying let the minister set THIS tax, or whatever u wanna call it, tax fee etc. to anything between 0% and 10%. sorry for the confusions
hihihi

MoD's always whine about the funds.. and about the lack of.. eonium or whatever..
And they already randomly close the trade thingy etc..
So I wouldn't be suprised if they would keep it at an all time 10%

Im against this idea coz it makes MoD's be more annoying about something that really noone cares about..

Last edited by Alessio; 24 Sep 2005 at 09:10.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 09:26   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I don't think it would make a huge amount of difference, tbh. Everyone would (should) set it on 0%, as if they're organised that'd actually be the most efficient use of resources. It just looses resources for everyone else
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 10:12   #13
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

what if you can;t set it, but its determined by galaxy synergy - yes I have gone a little crazy

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2005, 02:26   #14
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
what if you can;t set it, but its determined by galaxy synergy - yes I have gone a little crazy
hmm. if only i knew what synergy meant. Actually, your whole sentence doesnt make sense. wtfh is galaxy synergy :P
Unread 25 Sep 2005, 09:43   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

like, a galaxy vote.
Unread 25 Sep 2005, 10:50   #16
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

imo it would be nice if you could make a galaxy vote about things like taxes...as some gals might like galaxy taxes (even if it's for a period of a few days at a time)

however i don't know if it's hard to implement.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2005, 23:57   #17
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

its not a fkin tax!!!!!!!
lemme lay it out even easier.

I TRADE 1000 metal for crystal in the GALAXY FUND, i am taxed 5%. Therefore i recieve 950 crystal.

I am suggesting that the MoD can set this amount. So if the fund has 20M each res, i can TRADE 1000 metal for 1000 crystal.
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 04:57   #18
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
hihihi

MoD's always whine about the funds.. and about the lack of.. eonium or whatever..
And they already randomly close the trade thingy etc..
So I wouldn't be suprised if they would keep it at an all time 10%

Im against this idea coz it makes MoD's be more annoying about something that really noone cares about..
So cap it at 5%, that way it cant be worse than it is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by appocomaster
I don't think it would make a huge amount of difference, tbh. Everyone would (should) set it on 0%, as if they're organised that'd actually be the most efficient use of resources. It just looses resources for everyone else
Yes appoco, but until the fund reaches a certain level. Mass trading 1 res will leave the fund at a loss and res will need to be universe exchanged to make things work. The ministers would most likely leave it at max tax for beginning of round. But in the end when all the actives in the gal are above the average. Instead of giving all of it to the smaller players, give the big people a bonus and dont tax em for a while