User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 4 Mar 2016, 23:49   #101
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: R66 ship stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I don't see any reference to galaxy size in the announcement. Patrikc, does that impact your view of your stats?

I'd like to know the size of BPs before putting a stamp on the stats in order to possibly make small adjustments.

I just hope Appocomaster isn't waiting with his stamp on BP size until a set has been finalised and chosen!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 23:57   #102
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
P.S. Beta is pointless. But have fun.

Unless something (more) interesting comes up IRL, I'd like to exploit the "alliance fleet" change once it's up on the Beta server.

Otherwise, beta is pointless and I agree with your post.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 10:58   #103
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Guys don't bother debating with Kaiba. He has now become part of the elite as he played some rounds for ultores, so he is now smarter and better than most players
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 11:39   #104
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
Guys don't bother debating with Kaiba. He has now become part of the elite as he played some rounds for ultores, so he is now smarter and better than most players
Well it seems to have won me an admirer I always thought it was Bastet and unimatrix that stalked the male pa players, seems they have a new rival :/

Out of interest how much research went into this change? It's quite a major one so I wondered if it was off the cuff or had been extensively vetted and tested first
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 11:43   #105
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Out of interest how much research went into this change? It's quite a major one so I wondered if it was off the cuff or had been extensively vetted and tested first
The 100 man beta-test team met every friday and saturday evening for 3 weeks to discuss, test and improve this feature.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 12:27   #106
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Which change? The alliance fleets? (please note this is the stats thread not the changes thread)

If this is what you mean then what research can there have been? People would have mentioned it if it had been in a large scale beta. Alliances may have been asked in advance but we would know if players in general had been.
On the other hand I am sure there have been similar ideas mentioned in the suggestions forum for a very long time indeed.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 13:12   #107
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Which change? The alliance fleets? (please note this is the stats thread not the changes thread)

If this is what you mean then what research can there have been? People would have mentioned it if it had been in a large scale beta. Alliances may have been asked in advance but we would know if players in general had been.
On the other hand I am sure there have been similar ideas mentioned in the suggestions forum for a very long time indeed.
Ahh sorry got mixed on threads
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 13:57   #108
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Well it seems to have won me an admirer I always thought it was Bastet and unimatrix that stalked the male pa players, seems they have a new rival :/
No it's you stalking Ultores members that shines out here, seems like neither of the two mentioned need to join there
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 14:43   #109
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
No it's you stalking Ultores members that shines out here, seems like neither of the two mentioned need to join there
Just a tip for the future, doing the cookie monster salute doesn't automatically make your post funny, relevant or cool. In this whole forum I have only addressed one ult person specifically which was agar3s to comment how much his attitude on the forums was a disappointment, on the other hand when I post anywhere here I get my little fan (you) reply without fail to try and make some ridiculous point that never holds weight. It's like clockwork, I can set my day by your presence almost, maybe it's time you got a new hobby, like being good at PA?
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 16:35   #110
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Just a tip for the future, doing the cookie monster salute doesn't automatically make your post funny, relevant or cool. In this whole forum I have only addressed one ult person specifically which was agar3s to comment how much his attitude on the forums was a disappointment, on the other hand when I post anywhere here I get my little fan (you) reply without fail to try and make some ridiculous point that never holds weight. It's like clockwork, I can set my day by your presence almost, maybe it's time you got a new hobby, like being good at PA?
Hahaha. You are a tool.

Anyways. I'll put my vote in: If the BP system changes to either 2 planets, or 0 planets (and a possible refinement of the exile system... please?)... I find Patrikc's stats to be decent and somewhat playable. I'll reference the other thread: this game is a social experiment of sorts... having gal def oriented stats with 0 bp gals could be kinda interesting and a test for the "best".
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 18:28   #111
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Why cant't etd fi fleet be similar to r61? For a fleet which will have to depend only on itself, it seems rather weak. When in previous sets only one race had FI or CO pods, the ships were either cloak or with good init/emp eff.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 20:58   #112
peenbag

peenbag is an unknown quantity at this point

Just so you all know... My cock is the smallest.

No more spam, or you're banned - Lok

Last edited by lokken; 8 Mar 2016 at 22:07.
peenbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 01:38   #113
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice to be nice, isn't it?

I've "played Beta" as Xan and Etd so far. They certainly have holes in their stats. It's hard to say how it will play out in a normal round, but I found both to be very playable...when at first I said "meh". to the stat set.

I'll be a happy random piece of furniture next round. Probably Xan. If I had a BP I'd go Etd. Space-bricks will do well. Zik is Zik, as usual. Hugs help.

It's hard to glean anything from a handful of people playing a speedgame. The alliance fleet settings seem to work from what I can tell; if base is set to run, they act like any other fleet out of base.

SK's work just fine, you get a nice reminder about it when trying to launch a fleet with SK's right before the tick. "You are not at war with Ally xyz, the fleet was not launched" or somesuch. This does not "solve" the SK issue, but thats another (ongoing) thread.

Everything else seemed to work as it should. EFF's and INIT's are a bit odd but the game engine behaved itself as far as I could tell.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote