User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Apr 2003, 01:44   #1
Papillon

Papillon is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy ......

This is a time I never though would come...

Due to some RL issues (a whole lot of them) I'm no longer able to be an active player of PA... infact I'm not able to be a player at all anymore.. I had right up until now hoped I would be back for r10... but I will not be, from the looks of it this is my final goodbye with PA and the PA communeties

So... it is with tears in my eyes I now write this msg to say goodbye to you all.

I started out in ...umm round 2 or 3 I think it was .. with no alliance and absolutely no clue of what I was doing I had a tough start After that I've been through it all, from starting my own n00bish alliance, to joining a small but well organised allie (ICD), to joining CeLL (some of the greatest people I've ever met) and ending up as officer in WP.... who would have though

I want to send a special thanks to the people in wp who has made the last couple of rounds enjoyable. Nothing like raps0ring some Cows and getting rid of some nasty Viruses..

I will not start naming people who have meant alot to me as I fear I might forget some of them. You all know who you are! I want to thank you all for making the time in PA a enjoyable one. I also want to thank you for beeing good friends and beeing there for me when I needed it. I'll probably forget you all in time, but that is years and years away.

So this is Papi(for those of you that know me).. signing out one last time. Goodbye to you all..
Unread 27 Apr 2003, 18:49   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Not only are these posts extreamly pointless and a waste of bandwith this one is made even worse by the lack of Thread title.

Due to the poor thread title you now get stuck with whatever thread title I decide to change it to, Perhaps this will teach you next time to put a bit of effort into your thread titles
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2003, 18:52   #3
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2003, 23:37   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Perhaps this will teach you next time to put a bit of effort into your thread titles
Heh. He's leaving--I think it's a bit late to teach him anything.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:09   #5
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Bye Bye Papi =(

will miss you
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:14   #6
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah stop being so harsh fs.

as for you papi,what can i say apart from dont go,
ive know u since my cell days and have njoyed everyminute of our chats,it is a sad loss to see another player leave the scene but and even greater one for me personaly i wud j00,
hope ur rl problems can change for the better and that one day u may rejoin us here again in a game that we love to hate,
if u ever need anyone to talk to bout ur rl just find me in #charmed and if nothing else ill lsten
oh and for old times sake

/me spank0rs papi

p.s if u come back ill buy ur r10 account
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:58   #7
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
bye bye Papillon.

And to you wakey: you seem like a mean man. please go take suicide.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 20:28   #8
Narziss
Mr. DaySleeper

Narziss is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Wishes to you

/me wonders that lots ppl make announcements that they will leave PA

I hope R10 will be much better than this round
Round 9: [ROCK-HBC]
Round 9.5: [ROCK]/[Wolfpack]
Round 10: [=***=]-> my last round

IRC-Channels: #Pack #Rock #TSU #Planetarion #Ministry
Narziss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 22:14   #9
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by mens
bye bye Papillon.

And to you wakey: you seem like a mean man. please go take suicide.
You cant seriously tell me you like reading these posts. The fact someone that 99.9% of us havent heard of is a complete none event and we really dont all need to know about it. Things like this would be better left on the forums of whichever alliance the person was in where people might know who they are an actually care that they are leaving.

If its a major name in the game or a creator/mod then its perhaps worth an announcement like this but with all these people who are basically nobodies it just causes clutter on the forum and helps make moderating this forum very tedious.

Normally I wouldnt have commented on the thread but then in an attempt to get everyone to read the thread he decided to set a totally pointless thread title which would force you to open the thread to see the content.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:58   #10
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You cant seriously tell me you like reading these posts. The fact someone that 99.9% of us havent heard of is a complete none event and we really dont all need to know about it. Things like this would be better left on the forums of whichever alliance the person was in where people might know who they are an actually care that they are leaving.

If its a major name in the game or a creator/mod then its perhaps worth an announcement like this but with all these people who are basically nobodies it just causes clutter on the forum and helps make moderating this forum very tedious.

Normally I wouldnt have commented on the thread but then in an attempt to get everyone to read the thread he decided to set a totally pointless thread title which would force you to open the thread to see the content.
I think at this stage of PA we should care about every *single* player quitting.

By the way, when he only knows himself your assumption that 99.9% of "us" haven't heard about doesn't hold. Or do you seriously think there's more 1k "players" (not planets!) active ?

Last edited by Le Mauvais Moine; 30 Apr 2003 at 00:38.
Le Mauvais Moine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 09:37   #11
wakey
Hamster

This forum isnt just made up of players and most of us dont want to read numourous posts by peopel we dont know saying how they are quitting. Yes its a shame when people quit but do we really need a post on here about it. With so much rubbish like this taking over the forum it kills off alot of serious discussion.

However as ive said I would normally have left this thread without commenting like every other I quit thread BUT he set the thread title as ".....". At least when people write threads like "I'm Leaving" or "I quit" people can instantly work out what the topic is about and decide if they should read it but when idiots like this guy set topics like this it forces EVERY user to read it which just isnt on.

For this reason alone this guy deserves all the critism i;m giving him.

As for the 99.9% it was a figure used to express the fact taht only a handful of those on these forums actually know who this guy is and wasnt supposed to be an exact figure. After all this is a guy who Since June 2002 has made a massive total of 4 posts (one of which is this one). This does suggest to me that the only people who will really know him are his alliance mates and tbh if he has never bothered taking part in the forum community why did he feel the need to inflict another I quit thread on us all
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 10:00   #12
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
well
quite a long time ago that we talked papillon. but you are at least one of the few ICDa-crews I remember... its a logn time back, 1 year.
have fun with the rest of your life.

Fiddler, ex-ICD-AC
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 14:28   #13
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point
to the mod:
stop being so harsh,so what if he only made 3 other post's before this,im not in his alliance yet i can still say goodbye in this one as i wudnt have access to his alliance forums.
weather the topic title is what bother'd u or not if u dont like the thread leave now ffs,u have done ur job u have changed the topic title now what the pointing in commenting any futher,
weather papi was a big name player or not realy doesnt amtter like sed before every person that leaves planetarion now is a loss,
wakey do yourself a favour and dont even reply to this,u have ur own veiws as do i on this,
so just say no more please,

papi come back dont leave me with these nasteh people
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 14:48   #14
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
it's not that many new threads in the forums to start with. I don't see why it's soooo irritating for you to open up a thread that you don't want to read. just press backspace key, and you're all set.
this thread could've died silently if you hadn't have made that silly remark in the first place.

The forums are for all, not only a small geeky "elite".
You as a mod should know that.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 19:02   #15
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by mens
it's not that many new threads in the forums to start with. I don't see why it's soooo irritating for you to open up a thread that you don't want to read. just press backspace key, and you're all set.
this thread could've died silently if you hadn't have made that silly remark in the first place.

The forums are for all, not only a small geeky "elite".
You as a mod should know that.
Its irrarating becuase as mod I ahve to open up every thread and read them. And when idiots like this set their thread title as "....." on a thread that will get flames anyway (which this did until we removed them) its just asking for trouble.

As you can see from other quit messages we let them slide. They are irratating and do annoy the users here (mainly due to them being people like this who makes 4 posts here and thus is unknown to most people so when he says I'm quitting people think "who cares") but we let them say their goodbyes anyway. HOWEVER when they cant follow simple forum Etiqutte by naming their threads "....." they really dont deserve the right to have their Quit post left here. I only didnt delete this completly becuase I thought maybe it would act as a warning for others that using sneeky tactics to get people to read your post becuase you know hardly anyone would otherwise will not be tollerated.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 May 2003, 05:40   #16
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
good luck Papillion

btw Wakey stop being such a bitch
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 07:43   #17
Hala
Turtle!

Hala is an unknown quantity at this point
don't know you but cya.

And omg moderator, if you don't like doing the job then don't do it. Opening up threads that you consider boring is part of the job. If you don't like that aspect then don't do it.

Just because you don't know this indvidual doesn't mean others don't and shouldn't have the opportunity to say their goodbyes.

Stop acting like a spoilt brat.
R4: n00b planet
R5: 5:1:10 Halaka of the Land of Milk and Honey - UV
R6: 35:15:10 Frozzy of The Honey Jar - WP - Later NoS
R7: 29:18:7 Muffin-Man of The Bakery - NoS
R8: 55:10:7 General Hague of The Alexander - Virus - Officer
R9: Scan planet - Virus - Officer
R9.5: 13:3:9 Mandrake of Duntion Wood - Virus - Officer
Hala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 20:54   #18
wakey
Hamster

Again your all missing the point. Its not so much the content but the thread topic he set for it. Its part of my job to read even these extreamly boring threads BUT board users arent obliged to do the same.

Normal Board users dont wish to see a thread with the topic "....." and then have to load the thread up to see the content of it.

If people wish to post "I quit" threads then so be it but when IDIOTS like this know their post will drop off the first page in no time as most people ignore "I quit" threads THUS use the extreamly sneeky tactic of trcicking people into reading it then its not on.

IF people wish to say Goodbye then they should do so in the proper manner and trust me the next person I see who takes simerlar action on their I quit post will find their quit post will last about 5 seconds before being removed.

and just so your all clear on the correct way to post on these forums and any other set of forums

THREAD TITLES SHOULD DESCRIBE THE THREADS CONTENT
The Farnborough Crew