User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 4 Apr 2004, 22:12   #1
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold
Dynamic Travel Time

Instead of bringing back dynamic etas why not just return to E being a fuel and allowing for over burn defense (2x fuel costs). I would keep the alliance -1 eta in the game for the simple reason that it allows some control of the alliances. Now add in cluster or parallel -1 travel time bonuses but over burn can not be used in cluster/parallel due to potential special rifts (or insert excuse here). So this now means alliance members in C/P get a -2 (no -3 due to no C/P over burn) and the defense pool for all planets expands greatly due to cluster and parallel alliances as well as friends/randoms that want to over burn some defense to help the cause. In my opinion this truly delivers the best overall experience.

However if people are concerned about C/P low etas for attacks then we can always terminate those from the game. Another twist to the C/P Travel time bonus would be to allow players to join a second alliance in game this second alliance could only be a C/P alliance. This would really add politics into the game where different blocks form different P/C alliances for defense purposes and both fighting to bring as many neutral and random active planets into there respective alliance to increase there defense pool. More complicated but it has some high points to it.

On a side note and perhaps I should make another thread to deal with this issue. Alliances should be able to declare war in game on a restricted number of alliances say 2 at any given time. All alliance members would gain the ability for over burn attacks (2x fuel cost) on any alliance member they are at war with. Now the question becomes one of how do you know who is in what alliance. That can be a kicker. Alliance tags back anyone? Although with all this in game all the alliances would still be forced to use these functions and sign up in game. Perhaps this is the way to go? Balance will be an issue perhaps after the target alliance loses a number of roids and fleet the war is cancelled perhaps surrender. Where they can not be target by that alliances members for a certain amount of time? Lots and lots of potential ideas revolving around this idea and problems too. Hmm just ignore this last section altogether.
Unread 5 Apr 2004, 01:09   #2
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Dynamic Travel Time

Instead of fuel being E... make it the race's preffered resource. Terran: metal, Cath, Crystal, Zik: Eonium, Xand 1/3 each.
Unread 5 Apr 2004, 11:20   #3
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
Instead of fuel being E... make it the race's preffered resource. Terran: metal, Cath, Crystal, Zik: Eonium, Xand 1/3 each.
no way
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 21:32   #4
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

as per rnd11 announcement - dynamic ETA's will be making a return
Closed Thread