User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:06   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Finally: The lawsuit America has been waiting for

Finally a victim of the RIAA's extortion tricks - who as it happens was falsely accused anyway - is countersueing the RIAA and demanding trial by jury, thereby ensuring everything will be nice and public, should the lawsuit be accepted.
I for one hope it goes all the way, because whether she wins or loses, it will make the record labels very uncomfortable indeed.

Link.

[edit]
Please note:
This is not a "filesharing is right/wrong!" argument thread.
That topic has been done to death.
This is about the measures the RIAA use to "recover" what they believe they have lost.
So behave and don't make me abuse my evil powers by deleting your posts
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:41   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Finally: The lawsuit America has been waiting for

Its actually about

"The Lawyers rule the earth. And dont you forget it. And when the Lawyers break the law, they just rewrite it."

In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:56   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Its actually about

"The Lawyers rule the earth. And dont you forget it. And when the Lawyers break the law, they just rewrite it."

or the corporations give 'insentives' (read : bribes) for politicians to rewrite it in their favour
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 17:43   #4
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Its actually about

You say this as if it were a BAD thing.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:06   #5
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
You say this as if it were a BAD thing.
Tbh, it is a freakin bad thing. When half of a guy's charges are dropped due to lawyers pushing as much technicalities out as they possibly can: "insanity", "under the influence of something" etc

The crime was a combination of a drug bust and killing 4 mounties in cold blood.

Thanks lawyers. Btw... Despite having a history of violence, weapons charges, and the like... He's not being labelled a dangerous offender.

Thanks lawyers. You are my hero.

[/rant]

Edit: in retrospect, some more details added on would have been useful.

Last edited by Squidly; 7 Oct 2005 at 18:34.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:11   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I see. Are you basing this on your extensive personal knowledge of the accused or your detailed psychiatric examination of him squidly?

PS No clue who you're talking about dude.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:12   #7
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think squidly might be crazy.

I think id prefer to goto court with a lawyer than without because of some closely held belief that they are the reason humanity is so crap.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:32   #8
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
I think squidly might be crazy.

I think id prefer to goto court with a lawyer than without because of some closely held belief that they are the reason humanity is so crap.
ofc I'm crazy

The name you're looking for I believe is Jim Roszko (weird last name... I can't spell it unfortunately)

4 mounties were killed by him in mayerthorpe (Canada) while they were nailing him with a drug bust (iirc)

Given what some of the papers {main one here in edmonton...} looks like a number of charges have been dropped against him, AND he will not be declared a dangerous offender ... The mother of one of the slain mounties is apparently meeting with the PM of canada over our pretty lousy justice system.

He has an extensive history of violence and also some weapons-related offences... and now that 4 mounties are dead... The defence must be pretty clever to get away with some of this...

I'll admit now... I really don't believe that murderers deserve any form of justice or freedom. Whether that seems low or makes me a bad person or whatever... The victims and their families have been through enough... Should a few technicalities ever get rid of the fact that this guy bumped off 4 other people?
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:33   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think the point is that they're not really technicalities.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:34   #10
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I see. Are you basing this on your extensive personal knowledge of the accused or your detailed psychiatric examination of him squidly?

PS No clue who you're talking about dude.
In the case of murder*4 and a drug bust, criminal history... Does it matter what his psychiatric examination yields?
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:37   #11
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unfortunately I cannot delete these posts, as you have all (for the most part) managed to respect my wishes about not turning this into a p2p=good/bad thread while completely ignoring the topic of the thread.

Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:39   #12
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Mm... You're quite possibly right there jbg... I don't know the entirety of this whole case yet... only the articles that have been written referring to it with general information (full details have not been released to the public as of yet. Just general info)

I think I'm going terribly off topic with this, so if I find something more specific... eh, I'll pm ya for ye olde conversation sake

Edit: Sorry megla... I'm shutting up now

Last edited by Squidly; 7 Oct 2005 at 18:40. Reason: S
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 18:39   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
In the case of murder*4 and a drug bust, criminal history... Does it matter what his psychiatric examination yields?
Yes.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 19:41   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Unfortunately I cannot delete these posts, as you have all (for the most part) managed to respect my wishes about not turning this into a p2p=good/bad thread while completely ignoring the topic of the thread.

Its even more fun when they somehow turn the conversation round to football.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 20:38   #15
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm going to do something crazy.
I'm going to post on-topic.

I hope she takes them to the cleaners!
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 20:44   #16
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

I think noone can live in peace untill we eradicate all forms of social organization. Did I say we? I mean 'I'.
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 22:56   #17
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

looking at the allegations, and as she has requested jury trial, if they aren't very careful i reckon the RIAA could get taken to the cleaners here its about bloody time. Although even if(when? please god) she wins i dont think she will ever see a penny simply because te appeals will probably still be going on when she dies