User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:38   #1
Gario
Why is * censored?

Gario is infamous around these partsGario is infamous around these parts
An easy question... or is it?

Answer me this:

Who was the first president of the USA?
________
___

Last edited by Gario; 8 Nov 2002 at 21:44.
Gario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:39   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ello ello...
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:41   #3
Gario
Why is * censored?

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo

Ello ello...
Your point being?

Go on then smart arse, see if you know the answer.
________
___
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:42   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
George Washington
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:42   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
btw

after actually reading it again without sipping a coke while i did it

"if"???
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:42   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I was going to make a pleasant point of 'Ah, another scouser, it's nice because you don't see many of us around the boards'

Think I'll eat me french bread pizza and stick to '**** off' instead.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:45   #7
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts
Most would say George Washington, but it's actually Samuel Hunnington, who served as president of the continental congress when the Articles of Confederation were ratified.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:45   #8
Gario
Why is * censored?

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
George Washington
WRONG - that's the answer everyone thinks is correct.

And it should have been 'of', that's been fixed now.

P.S My apologies, Pablissimo
________
___
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:46   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

JJ aren't you meant to be asleep? Or is that just a shiny misleading IRC nick?
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:46   #10
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Re: An easy question... or is it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gario
Answer me this:

Who was the first president of the USA?
that's simple...here's a good one:

Who is the only NON US President to appear on a bill(money) and what denomination is it? ($1, $5, $10, etc..)
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:48   #11
Gario
Why is * censored?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cuddley_Battleship
Most would say George Washington, but it's actually Samuel Hunnington, who served as president of the continental congress when the Articles of Confederation were ratified.
Sure it was Samuel Hunnington? My source may well be wrong, but seemingly the first one served for only one year before him - but does anyone know his name?
________
___
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:48   #12
JammyJim
Godfather

The Whitehouse disagrees

by Date of Service
1789-1850
George Washington (1789-97)
John Adams (1797-1801)
Thomas Jefferson (1801-09)
James Madison (1809-17)
James Monroe (1817-25)
John Quincy Adams (1825-29)
Andrew Jackson (1829-37)
Martin Van Buren (1837-41)
William Henry Harrison (1841)
John Tyler (1841-45)
James Polk (1845-49)
Zachary Taylor (1849-50)

1850-1901
Millard Fillmore (1850-53)
Franklin Pierce (1853-57)
James Buchanan (1857-61)
Abraham Lincoln (1861-65)
Andrew Johnson (1865-69)
Ulysses S. Grant (1869-77)
Rutherford B. Hayes (1877-81)
James A. Garfield (1881)
Chester A. Arthur (1881-85)
Grover Cleveland (1885-89)
Benjamin Harrison (1889-93)
Grover Cleveland (1893-97)
William McKinley (1897-1901)

1901-2001
Theodore Roosevelt (1901-09)
William H. Taft (1909-13)
Woodrow Wilson (1913-21)
Warren Harding (1921-23)
Calvin Coolidge (1923-29)
Herbert Hoover (1929-33)
Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933-45)
Harry S Truman (1945-53)
Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953-61)
John F. Kennedy (1961-63)
Lyndon B. Johnson (1963-69)
Richard M. Nixon (1969-74)
Gerald R. Ford (1974-77)
Jimmy Carter (1977-81)
Ronald W. Reagan (1981-89)
George Bush (1989-93)
William J. Clinton (1993-2001)
George W. Bush (2001-present)
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:49   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

answer to other question = Hamilton whos on the 10 buck bill.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:49   #14
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

straight from http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/gw1.html\

Quote:
On April 30, 1789, George Washington, standing on the balcony of Federal Hall on Wall Street in New York, took his oath of office as the first President of the United States.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:51   #15
Gario
Why is * censored?

Quote:
The Whitehouse disagrees

by Date of Service
1789-...
The US existed as a nation for 13 years before this, presidents and all, but not under the current Constitution.
________
___
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:51   #16
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
answer to other question = Hamilton whos on the 10 buck bill.
hmmm....i always thought it was Franklin on the $100 bill...
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:53   #17
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If youre talking about America before the Constitution was signed, then I think it was Big Chief RunningWater
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:56   #18
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally posted by Gario

The US existed as a nation for 13 years before this, presidents and all, but not under the current Constitution.

It was not the United States of America so your question is flawed.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:56   #19
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Hanson was the first president of the US. Washington was the first under the constitution as we know it.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:58   #20
Gario
Why is * censored?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Hanson was the first president of the US. Washington was the first under the constitution as we know it.
Winner

Quote:
George Washington is revered as the father of our country. He was not, however, our first president.

Washington was the first president elected under the Constitution.

But the United States existed as a nation for 13 years before the Constitution was enacted, held together by the Articles of Confederation.

During this time- John Hanson of Maryland was elected by Congress as the first President of the United States!

Hanson only served a year, and is now largely forgotten, but at the time, a colleague wrote to congratulate him on filling "The most important seat in the United States."

That letter was signed… George Washington.
________
___
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 22:00   #21
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
There were also another 6 between Hanson and Washington, no doubt Google could give you their names but my American history doesn't go that deep. I only knew this one from 3 years of writing pub quizzes.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 00:13   #22
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
If youre talking about America before the Constitution was signed, then I think it was Big Chief RunningWater
His name was Blue Mountain :(
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote