User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:11   #1
WarFalcon
Freedom First

WarFalcon is an unknown quantity at this point
By this time tomorrow,

with any luck, the party of the right will control the entire government for the first time in 73 years! Let freedom ring \o/
WarFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:14   #2
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
As I said in an earlier thread, VOTE FOR FICUS!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:19   #3
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
: D I S E N C H A N T E D :
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:19   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I thought you voted Republican?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:22   #5
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Political analyst Gordon Ross to the rescue!

lolololol
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:23   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It was a serious question...
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:23   #7
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
lets hope so \o/

im gonna have to put up with Roy Barnes for another 4 years though... fk-wit nearly put my mom out of a job :/

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:27   #8
WarFalcon
Freedom First

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog

I do, I'm expecting to win the Senate tomorrow...
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:27   #9
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
My jest was rather serious too. I think the 'lolololol' is too confusing to use sometimes. :/

Anyway, I'm tempted to nitpick WF's initial post, dunno if I can keep interest though. :|
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:30   #10
WarFalcon
Freedom First

Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4

My jest was rather serious too. I think the 'lolololol' is too confusing to use sometimes. :/

Anyway, I'm tempted to nitpick WF's initial post, dunno if I can keep interest though. :|

Whats there to nitpick? This was a rather lighthearted attempt to remind those who wouldn't usually know\care that there could be a major swing in the political landscape in America tomorrow. This is the first time in generations that the entire government could be led by the Republicans...
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:33   #11
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by WarFalcon

Whats there to nitpick? This was a rather lighthearted attempt to remind those who wouldn't usually know\care that there could be a major swing in the political landscape in America tomorrow. This is the first time in generations that the entire government could be led by the Republicans...
You'd still be better off with ficus
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:35   #12
Nodrog

Quote:

I do, I'm expecting to win the Senate tomorrow...
Do you honestly think that the current Republican government controlling the whole of the senate would be a significant victory for "the party of the Right"?
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:39   #13
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
Whats there to nitpick?
'reign'
Though right-wing, it's amusing to note that the Republican party is no more 'right' than the Democratic party. Try not to read too heavily in that by the way.

Quote:
This was a rather lighthearted attempt to remind those who wouldn't usually know\care that there could be a major swing in the political landscape in America tomorrow.
Could, and more than likely 'will' as well. The democratic party was ill-prepared, and, from a Californian standpoint, the powers in individual states could be shifting dramatically in the next 4 years. What with districts in some states being redrawn and all.

Quote:
This is the first time in generations that the entire government could be led by the Republicans...
Yet it's amusing to note that not all, and surely more so in our generation than those past, that representatives don't vote entirely along party-lines anymore.

But bare-faced, the Republican party will 'control' possibly all three branches of government (assuming you'd like to lump the Judicaries along political party lines as well).

My lasting worry is purely on what sort of legislation will pass 'freely' because of party-line control (assuming Republicans were to vote along party-lines in cooperation with the President).
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:41   #14
WarFalcon
Freedom First

Quote:
Do you honestly think that the current Republican government controlling the whole of the senate would be a significant victory for "the party of the Right"?
eeesh, I didn't mean it to sound like a holy crusade. Can't I ever be flowery with my language without someone taking it as a deeper meaning? Republicans = right wing, thats all I ment.

However, yes, I do think it will be significant if the Republicans control the Senate again. The tax cuts can be made permenant, we can finally get constructionalists back on the courts, and we won't have to write in so many compromises into new legislation.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:51   #15
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
The tax cuts can be made permenant (while the economy continues to flounder), we can finally get constructionalists back on the courts (while favoring education initiatives, we'll see a decline in choice freedoms), and we won't have to write in so many compromises into new legislation (rather than incorporate bipartizan legislation which would be more favorable to the American people instead of just 'changing their minds' among party-selection come next election).
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:52   #16
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts
Re: By this time tomorrow,

Quote:
with any luck, the party of the right will control the entire government for the first time in 73 years! Let freedom ring \o/
wewt w00t wewt w00t w00t wewtwewt w00t w00t w00t wewt w00t wewt wewt wewt w00t wewt w00t wewt w00t wewt w00t w00t wewtwewt w00t w00t w00t wewt w00t wewt wewt wewt w00t wewt w00t wewt w00t wewt w00t w00t wewtwewt w00t w00t w00t wewt w00t wewt wewt wewt w00t wewt w00t wewt w00t wewt w00t w00t wewtwewt w00t w00t w00t wewt w00t wewt wewt wewt w00t wewt w00t wewt w00t wewt w00t w00t wewtwewt w00t w00t w00t wewt w00t wewt wewt wewt w00t wewt w00t wewt w00t wewt w00t w00t wewt wewt w00t w00t w00t wewt w00t wewt wewt wewt w00t wewt w00t
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 04:33   #17
WarFalcon
Freedom First

the economy floundered before there were any tax cuts (ahem, clinton)
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 04:58   #18
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
However, yes, I do think it will be significant if the Republicans control the Senate again. The tax cuts can be made permenant, we can finally get constructionalists back on the courts, and we won't have to write in so many compromises into new legislation.
Nothing in politics is ever "permanent." There's nothing the Republicans can do that can't be undone by subsequent Democratic-controlled governments--and vice versa. The most durable changes are court appointments, since judges serve until death or retirement; but even there the courts turn over, albeit slowly. It will take many years just to offset the Clinton appointments and even so, there are today still more sitting judges who were appointed by Reagan/Bush (sr) than by Bill Clinton.

The ability of either party to effect long-lasting changes is limited, and is more a function of how long they can remain in power. To that end, a Republican-controlled government would be best served by governing well enough to be returned to office in 2004.

Politics is a marathon, not a sprint.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 05:54   #19
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Ahh well

hope this means your economy is good

but i hope it doesn't mean your gonna screw around with foreign policy too much

btw, cant you do what you used to do and not give a ****?

it was a lot easier then
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 06:04   #20
WarFalcon
Freedom First

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus

Nothing in politics is ever "permanent."
The tax cuts expire in 10 years, they could make them permanent, ie not expire in 10 years. Of course that doesn't mean that new tax hikes couldn't be enacted.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 08:27   #21
Vince McMahon

Giving George Bush more power doesn't strike me as good :/