User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Jul 2014, 15:11   #1001
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R57 gossip thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I think that this monster block has committed one of the cardinal sins of pa and blocking in general, roiding your enemy down too quickly.
This is probably the only interesting post in the last 3 pages. I think there's something to be said for the notion of roiding someone too quickly.

Of course, losing roids 30k roids in 2 nights (just an example) is painful, but it's quick, and tends to a fairly low impact on morale. Afterwards, though morale may be damaged, your alliance won't be broken, and you can get back in shape.

On the other hand, if you get hit a week on (or longer), even if you lose just 3k roids a night. Even if you lose less roids overall, the amount of effort you have to put in is much, much higher. If you see that despite working as hard as possible to prevent it, you're still losing a bunch of roids is extremely demotivating This is part of the reason why DCs often either play 1 round on, 1 or more rounds off (Irvine, for example), or play hardcore for 3-4 rounds in a row before they burn out for good (me being an example). Lok put it best the other day, in an unrelated IRC discussion: "I go back to the old adage that not many people like logging in, and seeing red on their overview all the time". That's exactly right.

Meanwhile, targetting an alliance is not much more work than galraiding. You could do it all round long without breaking down. Despite that, it's important to take some roids from your target every night, though. While defending hard always eats into an alliance's reserves, successfully covering all incomings strengthens rather than weakens morale. The amount of help you need depends entirely on the relative quality of the attackers and defenders: it should come as no surprise that attacking an alliance like Ultprime takes more effort than attacking an alliance like HR. So, yes, sometimes it's better to bring just 1 or 2 friendly alliances than to bring 4 or 5.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 15:16   #1002
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Get off your high horse. You didn't decline any naps, it was more that other alliances were declining your offers. In-fact, when Ultores were blocked the first time around, you were desperate for a ceasefire and started issuing threats to certain participants of the block.

Granted, Black Flag caved first and pulled out, which led to the block disbanding altogether. Ultores then subsequently had a 1v1 war with Faceless which they were successful in. Black Flag understands the mistake we made by leaving Faceless out to dry, a mistake we have learned from.

I have always told you privately that Ultores are undoubtedly the best alliance this round, but I am kind of disappointed that you pulled a FAnG/The Fallen and gave up defending/started crashing. This isn't the Ultores I know and love.
High horse? You all assume we are threatening people to do something, the only threat this round was to BF and the first thing you did was throw your allies underneath the bus, thats just pathetic. Also did we refuse to take the nap FL offered us with CT/BF/FL cause that also would have been pathetic. Unlike BF, Ult isnt afraid of incoming and most definatly wont be the cause why small alliances get raped. The fact that FL p targets HR cause of all the naps it has is disgusting.

That you still think that Ult ever tried to nap their way out of things makes me wonder how much attention you actually pay to the game, but it might be the MM goggles you are wearing. You have always jumped to conclusions because you are unable to take a step back and actually look at the bigger picture.

The reason Ult doesnt nap their way to a win is simple, we think PA is a wargame and napping all the topallies only means that the smaller alliances get farmed. Which basicly defeats the purpose of those alliances that usually take in new players. Its another lame stategy thats part of mass napping.
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 15:19   #1003
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Out of interest, a question to P3n

When BF and co were hitting you, what were Ult doing?
Ult was killing FL.
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 15:41   #1004
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post
Who is hitting hr , and why ? They dont strike me as an alliance derserving p - targeting , did they piss someone off?
Hostility toward Howling Rain for 24 ticks up to PT1051:
* Faceless 79
* Conspiracy 3
* Really? 1
* Black Flag 1

As to why?

Due to their NAPs they have six choices:
* hit Ult which is out of roids
* hit HR which has more roids then Ult and is easier to land
* hit HEROES
* hit Vikings
* hit planets not in an alliance
* break the NAPs and attack someone decent

Not surprisingly they chose to hit HR..
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 16:03   #1005
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

faceless gift BF win by p-targetting HR lol

talk about support tags
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 16:08   #1006
SDN

SDN is an unknown quantity at this point

they are kinda cowards yes.. but still more clever than the other tags..

Faceless knows ultores is roided dry now, blackflag and spore is launching 4-5 man teamups against Ultores players with 300 roids atm.

I know cause they sent 4-5 waves on me sitting on 400 roids when it started i have no problems with it ofc but you see that faceless keeps roiding 4736 roids so far today to blackflags 1806.

Also by stopping to hit Ultores before the rest of the block does, they realize they might fly under the radar and not get targetted by Ult for the last week.

Clever play, they will outgrow the allies who are not adoptable for change and probably win this!

Recent rounds:
Round 68 - #1 Gal Rank #6 planet
Round 67 - #1 Gal
Round 65 - Rank #3 Norsemen
Round 61 - Rank #37 Faceless
Round 60 - Rank #14 Ultores
Round 58 - Rank #35 Allieless xp play
Round 56 - Rank #14 Vikings
Round 54 - Rank #5 Vikings
SDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 16:28   #1007
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDN View Post
they are kinda cowards yes.. but still more clever than the other tags..

Faceless knows ultores is roided dry now, blackflag and spore is launching 4-5 man teamups against Ultores players with 300 roids atm.

I know cause they sent 4-5 waves on me sitting on 400 roids when it started i have no problems with it ofc but you see that faceless keeps roiding 4736 roids so far today to blackflags 1806.

Also by stopping to hit Ultores before the rest of the block does, they realize they might fly under the radar and not get targetted by Ult for the last week.

Clever play, they will outgrow the allies who are not adoptable for change and probably win this!
Or they realise that HR (being traditionally Ult lapdogs) will side with Ult to hit FL so that Ult can get big XP in last few days when the block hits each other.
And figure they should roid HR first
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 16:35   #1008
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Though I did not like it the ptarget of HR did have a purpose; we were trying to dissuade them from the idea that hitting 3:7 (one of our core gals) practically every other night was a good move.
I'm not sure how to read this..
When I first read it it looked like you were saying HR hit 3:7 every other night..
But re-reading it you didn't explicitly say that we did..

Anyway, looking at the recorded fleet shows that HR hit the 3:7 gal (or at least the p3n planets in 3:7) on ticks 62-64, 616-618 and on ticks 951-953..

There were also some random incs from HR to the p3n in 3:7 on ticks 184, 567, 612, 613, but these could have easily been retals to force recalls given that p3n was in the top 3 hostiles of HR for the first 600 ticks ..
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 16:42   #1009
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Or HR has been the only alliance hitting us in the last 4-5 days, including a fort or two.

HR being easy roids isn't helping their case either, of course.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 16:52   #1010
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

them excuses though
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 16:53   #1011
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
I'm not sure how to read this..
When I first read it it looked like you were saying HR hit 3:7 every other night..
But re-reading it you didn't explicitly say that we did..

Anyway, looking at the recorded fleet shows that HR hit the 3:7 gal (or at least the p3n planets in 3:7) on ticks 62-64, 616-618 and on ticks 951-953..
I did not explicitly say it because I was not certain. I am slightly surprised you say you only hit them once, I was pretty sure it was 3:7 rather than one of our other gals you were hitting. There was a lot of pressure from our members saying they were being hit by you night after night... perhaps I am simply misremembering and you managed to piss off a different set of p3n members each night

However of course almost no matter how many times you hit our members it was likely an excuse to hit a smaller alliance that would help get activity back up.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 17:02   #1012
Firebird

Patrikc shame on you!!! utterly disgusting, the reason Failmore is hitting HR is because it has no spine to fight anyone for a win.

Forest you will find that HR is neutral at best with ult they have targeted our gals during the BF blocks raids.
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 17:03   #1013
Bram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Or HR has been the only alliance hitting us in the last 4-5 days, including a fort or two.

Lol...
Now I REALLY wonder why you are only getting incs from only one alliance..
Maybe it's because you have NAPped all other alliances? (except for Ult)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure (but no verification from BC yet) that there were no Faceless forts on the latest HR attacks.. there may have been a couple Faceless planets in the galaxies we hit tho..

I know I did hit a Faceless fort on ticks 997-999 but that was one planet attacking the fort and certainly not an attack set by HR..

(Also: congrats on defending the fort... def loosing 700k after salvage and 553 roids to a single attacker is a great way to defend!)

Last edited by Bram; 13 Jul 2014 at 17:53.
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 17:50   #1014
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

This is the incoming statistic from our intel page.

Conspiracy 1085
Faceless 1010
Black Flag 1000
p3nguins 378
Howling Rain 336
NewDawn 311
Spore 299
Vikings 65
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 17:51   #1015
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

You are naped to everyone else you can check that you know on the alliance relations page.
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 17:53   #1016
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
You also forgot to mention before p3nguins did become hostile toward Spore, Spore was supposedly 'gal raiding' but it always happened to be a p3nguins gal for 4 nights in a row. So we retaliated (alone I might add) This then promoted you (with info such as we were 'apparently' asking for others to join us on hitting you which was false) for you to retaliate. From what I hear, something your own members didn't agree with.

Newdawn were told not to defend against spore and visa versa which was even mentioned on this same thread. So, if you didn't ask them to help, you certainly asked them not to defend.

As I said before hand, you pmed me and told me you had evidence of us asking for help to hit you. Nor did we hit you with anyone else, nor did we approach anyone to hit you. So yes, you did base it on 'rumour'

Kind Regards
We were gal raiding yes and there were p3nguins in the galaxies, but we didn't directly hit p3nguins. The night after you AND CT (I like your technique to claim it was alone when it wasn't) hit Spore, we actually didn't hit you back but then you continued to target Spore heavy galaxies.

At that point, I would have been a poor HC to not plan for Spore to stand up to the aggression posed by p3nguins. Memberships are never 100% in agreement - you always get members who want something else than what you're doing. You've been listening to those which are sympathetic to your cause and ignoring the actual events that led up to it.

I had no talks with ND regarding ANY help verses p3nguins. Infact, when we mentioned about what was happening it was ND that decided themselves to end their agreement with you - something I did not push for or even ask. I'm pretty sure they have a log from me asking why as I believed ND-p3nguins were close.

So you're saying I was lied too then. That's an interesting twist. Regardless, war with p3nguins was inevitable without that.

You seem focused entirely on that one bit of information when it was a series of events and factors that led to the war happening. That isn't based on "rumour" but logical progression for where I saw the direction of Spore politics and the best choice.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 18:54   #1017
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
We were gal raiding yes and there were p3nguins in the galaxies, but we didn't directly hit p3nguins. The night after you AND CT (I like your technique to claim it was alone when it wasn't) hit Spore, we actually didn't hit you back but then you continued to target Spore heavy galaxies.

At that point, I would have been a poor HC to not plan for Spore to stand up to the aggression posed by p3nguins.
This is where this question of perceptions come in. To us it looked like you were hostile when raiding gals, and to you we somehow looked similarly hostile when raiding gals. You ptargeted us, we ptargeted you the next night (it may have been with ct as you say, I have no idea) having been very surprised you ptargeted us, but after that we switched to BF thinking they were most likely the prime movers in creating the group of alliances to hit us. You then continued to ptarget us for a week or so while we targeted BF. Overall I think you were the more aggressive by this point. I can understand why; you were on to a good thing, our def was not good and we were clearly going to keep hitting BF not you so why stop? But you can't somehow paint yourself as an innocent attacked by a nasty aggressive p3n.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 19:19   #1018
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
Or they realise that HR (being traditionally Ult lapdogs)
as long as I have played PA HR have never been anyones lapdogs, they stick up for themselves it's kinda admirable so fu tbh.

Ult don't hit HR because they are too busy with getting gangbanged / retalling. the opposing block roids ult dry everyround at somepoint and due to being napped to death the only ones left to hit are HR, them siding with ult Is inevitable.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 19:26   #1019
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
as long as I have played PA HR have never been anyones lapdogs, they stick up for themselves it's kinda admirable so fu tbh.
So I wasn't told by a Ult HC they spend time ensuring ult friendly players take hc positions in smaller alliance hc?

And Noxious himself is openly ult-friendly.

HR are always to be found on the side of Ult, round after round. I even pointed out to HR HC that ult let HR launch early, and then ult launch after defence is drained.
HR HC even told me one round it was Ult taking advantage of Nicolas
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 19:29   #1020
Wouter

Quote:
So I wasn't told by a Ult HC they spend time ensuring ult friendly players take hc positions in smaller alliance hc?

HR are always to be found on the side of Ult, round after round. I even pointed out to HR HC that ult let HR launch early, and then ult launch after defence is drained.
Yes thats exactly what Ult does, plant HC's in alliances
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 19:31   #1021
Bram

Quote:

Funny that you mention Noxious and Nicolos..

Last round Noxious played in Faceless, Nicolos was one of the HCs in HR .
This round both Noxious and Nicolos are playing in BF.
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 19:45   #1022
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest

We do? Who is noxious?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 19:47   #1023
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Just FYI to Forest.

HR have been noone lapdogs this round. Infact, I'd say they'd been more reserved this round.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 19:47   #1024
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
We do? Who is noxious?
My cousin obviously
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 19:55   #1025
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Just to clear things up on "who worked with p3ng" which I see zhil has mentioned in a couple of posts now.

The only alliance we have coordinated attacks with were Ultores/FL and that last week when we all hit BF.

Prior to this p3ng were hitting bf anyway so it didnt change anything for us other than lets not step on toes and split the targets down better.

p3ng and CT have had a joint channel for most of the round, we have in no way used this to coordinate attacks. At the time either side have wanted to coordinate the other side has been busy doing other things ([DDK]gm can vouch this im sure). The channel has mostly been for shit chat around who is pissing us off at that moment in time and random talks.

We had no joint channel with ND when we napped although I did eventually set one up but ended up ditching it after a few days due to ND never joining it. ND asked for the nap and also ended the nap (without warning) so I guess as far as keeping good relations go they put up a brick wall and I was slow to react (maybe).

Anyone who has pm'd me and asked to do joint attacks gets the same answer "we are hitting X because of Y do what you want it wont change what we do now".

So whether that ally jumped on that and followed is up to them.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 20:04   #1026
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Funny that you mention Noxious and Nicolos..

Last round Noxious played in Faceless, Nicolos was one of the HCs in HR .
This round both Noxious and Nicolos are playing in BF.
Well I have said 'in past rounds' on numerous occasions
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 20:04   #1027
Forest

Quote:
Just FYI to Forest.

HR have been noone lapdogs this round. Infact, I'd say they'd been more reserved this round.
So noxious and nicolas leave, and they start having their own identity?

Kinda backs up what I said
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 20:34   #1028
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
faceless gift BF win by p-targetting HR lol

talk about support tags
FL has 4bil or more in stocked ressy, enough to be nr1 or close, so I doubt they are gifting us anything. And they dropped nap to hit us taking us from nr 1 in the first place.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 20:52   #1029
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
2 things about this

1) why on earth would anyone in ult let the great forest know anything other than bullshit?

2) no ally in this game is stupid enough to let somebody HC them who doesn't play for the alliance themselves especially not HR

quit being ridiculous

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2014, 23:18   #1030
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
quit being ridiculous
lol... You wouldn't ask the north pole to stop being cold. Forest just lives his purpose, not his fault that seems to involve being ridiculous

HR were Ult friendly a couple rounds ago, surely hitting them now ensures that HR won't turn Ult friendly again the last few days??? riiiiight!

Maybe, just maybe, p-targetting a weaker alliance while everyone else is busy trying to pull water out of sahara is purely what we call "bashing for easy roids"...?

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 13 Jul 2014 at 23:25.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 00:57   #1031
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

It seems you have forgotten that we landed nolez 2 days ago who i believe is still (surprisingly) in Faceless. I guess we have to attack coolkat to get FL's attention.

edit: added "2 days ago" as per nolez' request

Last edited by HellKicker; 14 Jul 2014 at 01:03.
HellKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 00:58   #1032
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKicker View Post
It seems you have forgotten that we landed nolez who i believe is still (surprisingly) in Faceless. I guess we have to attack coolkat to get FL's attention.
OH MAN YOU LANDED SOMEONE AS SERIOUS AND HIGH RANKING AS NOLEZ? ALL CYLINDERS TO HEROES ASAP.

I also enjoyed your attempt at FCing CO with CO. Never stop being you, HK.

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 01:32   #1033
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
You also forgot to mention before p3nguins did become hostile toward Spore, Spore was supposedly 'gal raiding' but it always happened to be a p3nguins gal for 4 nights in a row. So we retaliated (alone I might add) This then promoted you (with info such as we were 'apparently' asking for others to join us on hitting you which was false) for you to retaliate. From what I hear, something your own members didn't agree with.
1) Im glad I wasn't the only one to see the 4 nights running hitting Pengu heavy gals. Something, I might add, I was advised was due to them being good targets, but not heavy in bigger alliances (i.e. the only ally we'd piss off was Pengu, who obviously was thought to be more beneficial then pissing off a bigger alliance)

2) I do not know how many, if any, other members disagreed with the decision, other than myself. I do, however, know plenty of members who were excited to roid Pengu as they were under the impression that Pengu was going hyper aggressive and warring towards Spore. This was quite enlightening to me, when I looked back on previous rounds politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
This is where this question of perceptions come in. To us it looked like you were hostile when raiding gals, and to you we somehow looked similarly hostile when raiding gals. You ptargeted us, we ptargeted you the next night (it may have been with ct as you say, I have no idea) having been very surprised you ptargeted us, but after that we switched to BF thinking they were most likely the prime movers in creating the group of alliances to hit us. You then continued to ptarget us for a week or so while we targeted BF. Overall I think you were the more aggressive by this point. I can understand why; you were on to a good thing, our def was not good and we were clearly going to keep hitting BF not you so why stop? But you can't somehow paint yourself as an innocent attacked by a nasty aggressive p3n.
This actually made me laugh, and not in a bad way. During this time, The general "mood" was that Pengu must not want a war with Spore, because we were awesome, and that we were "winning" the war. This was due to Pengu basically not hitting us after the first day. Even some of the higher ups (some of our top planets, now) held the same general opinions, or at the very least, vocally went along with it as a positive for us, to kill the evul aggressive Pengu. All the while, I'm hearing from my in gal Pengu how much inc from ND and BF they are getting, in addition to ours, and how they are attacking BF. To me, I didn't see Pengu as weak, or losing, I saw them as ignoring us as insignificant, and focusing on a more important target. It was quite humerous to me, and even more enlightening regarding politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
At that point, I would have been a poor HC to not plan for Spore to stand up to the aggression posed by p3nguins.
I think this is what Assassin and booji are partially taking issue with. You all seem to agree now that Spore targeted Pengu heavy gals for several days (4 by booji's count, and I saw 3 or 4 myself) At which time Pengu responded (again, all agreed this was next step in events) Now, what I, as one of the aforementioned "sympathetic parties" saw, as well as what i think Assassin and booji saw, was that Spore was being aggressive, and Pengu responded as anyone would. Your response, to their response, was to paint them as both the aggressor and evil party and declare war on them.

Neither booji, nor Assassin, from what I've seen, have been able to validate any discussions with CT. Perhaps they are lying, who knows, only them, but whilst Spore was being told of Pengu's evul plans, we were also advised of a certain someone "Doing Pengu's politics for them" Pengu then proceeded to come under fire by both ND and BF. One wonders what said politics were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Memberships are never 100% in agreement - you always get members who want something else than what you're doing. You've been listening to those which are sympathetic to your cause and ignoring the actual events that led up to it.
Speaking as said sympathetic party, my sympathy came about due to said events. I felt a friend, and their alliance, was being painted falsely, harassed and attacked. Having been a very vocal (and some would say, overly aggressive) supporter of commands decisions last round, which ended with us winning, it was not a flippant decision to question said command. Yet in the end, it was treated as such. It was not without its lessons, however. I learned quite quickly that loyalty in PA means nothing, and that regardless, to those above you, you're just planet and fleet to be used.

PA truly has, I believe, become so alike to real life, in its methods, politics, and community, as to be falling in to the same dark pit reality is. Kind of a lesson on human psychology when roughly 700 people display the same shitty traits, loyalties, and political decision making that 7 billion do. Where the **** is our PA Switzerland?

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 03:23   #1034
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
2 things about this

1) why on earth would anyone in ult let the great forest know anything other than bullshit?

2) no ally in this game is stupid enough to let somebody HC them who doesn't play for the alliance themselves especially not HR

quit being ridiculous
Planting would be going a little overboard indeed.
But they have always in the past allowed/encouraged other HCs of other alliances to BP their own HCs.
HR has always been a loose cannon, wich have been very Ult friendly.
I remember Ult and HR both hitting ODDR r48 for example.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 06:26   #1035
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
It was not without its lessons, however. I learned quite quickly that loyalty in PA means nothing, and that regardless, to those above you, you're just planet and fleet to be used.
And you're trying to show loyalty means nothing to you by posting your complaints in public?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 07:49   #1036
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
And you're trying to show loyalty means nothing to you by posting your complaints in public?
He's not complaining about anything, he's trying to give his objective assessment of what he thought was going on. Since this episode is now a couple of weeks old its not going to affect any current political positions so does not damage Spore in any measurable way. If opinion is treason in spore you must be a very grim alliance!
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 07:53   #1037
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
I don't see how that's a complaint, more like explanations and information to add to the convo. But whatever floats your boat m8

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 08:10   #1038
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Neither booji, nor Assassin, from what I've seen, have been able to validate any discussions with CT.
As a CT HC who BP'd with a p3ng HC in a galaxy full of CT/peng DCs, there were the logical talks in galaxy chan whenever Spore hit our galaxy. However since we have Doza as the political man, our talks never really went past "Well, I'd like to do ...." and "Hey we should get some roids back soon"

(edit: or whenever anyone hit us, I should add - I'm sure the same happens in your galaxy too however)

There were a buttload of false rumours (more than a few originating from BF at that time) that we were organizing everyone vs, well, everyone? I've heard most alliances named as victim or fellow culprit. I of course don't know what is said to everyone individually, but I feel that most if not all of these rumours were utter bullshit. I didn't decide politics but when I talked with people I tried to be clear that at that time we were trying to be neutralish for now and just hitting whoever hit us the most.

Of course there was a night after Spore had hit a few CT/p3ng forts that we and p3ng both decided to hit Spore, but that seems only logical to me. We didn't split a large Spore galaxy or anything, even piggied each other a few times during galraids which we were doing at the time - so no, we weren't attacking together. We were just both being attacked by the same alliance in gal raids (fair enough), so we responded naturally.

Speaking generally here, its PA - people hit each other, sometimes go to war. Dunno why that always makes a select group of people so emotional that they feel personally attacked. Don't seem to understand we just want roids, don't care about you personally. I got mates who roid me, and I roid them. Doesn't mean they are suddenly no longer my friends and we hate each other. I mean, it's the game yeah? Get over it.
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 08:21   #1039
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
1) Im glad I wasn't the only one to see the 4 nights running hitting Pengu heavy gals. Something, I might add, I was advised was due to them being good targets, but not heavy in bigger alliances (i.e. the only ally we'd piss off was Pengu, who obviously was thought to be more beneficial then pissing off a bigger alliance)

Naturally with the deals we had, p3nguin was one of the alliances we didn't have a deal with and thus their members would naturally crop up in galaxy raids.

Not one time did p3nguins approach myself during these 4 nights to discuss anything and so it was believed they saw no aggression and just that they were galaxy raids.

To give you an idea Recluse, I generally don't work on the assumption that every galaxy raid is hostile to Spore as some alliances do. I find the notion that galaxy raids are hostile to be rather archaic in this smaller galaxy game.

Quote:
2) I do not know how many, if any, other members disagreed with the decision, other than myself. I do, however, know plenty of members who were excited to roid Pengu as they were under the impression that Pengu was going hyper aggressive and warring towards Spore. This was quite enlightening to me, when I looked back on previous rounds politics.
What do you expect from members when p3nguins were attacking the few Spore forts we have over two nights AND had CT support during one of those nights? You wanted them to not be enthusiastic? You still don't understand, even now that p3nguins WERE aggressive, translating from galaxy raids to specific targeting.

I fail to see how it is 'enlightening' on previous rounds.

Quote:
This actually made me laugh, and not in a bad way. During this time, The general "mood" was that Pengu must not want a war with Spore, because we were awesome, and that we were "winning" the war. This was due to Pengu basically not hitting us after the first day. Even some of the higher ups (some of our top planets, now) held the same general opinions, or at the very least, vocally went along with it as a positive for us, to kill the evul aggressive Pengu. All the while, I'm hearing from my in gal Pengu how much inc from ND and BF they are getting, in addition to ours, and how they are attacking BF. To me, I didn't see Pengu as weak, or losing, I saw them as ignoring us as insignificant, and focusing on a more important target. It was quite humerous to me, and even more enlightening regarding politics.
Tip: When you're in war, you don't paint the enemy as friendly. You attack them. I've been at war with plenty of my friends in this game, and you fail to grasp that you can be friends outside of the politics. Of course the war WAS positive for Spore. How could it not be? We got to hit them and they couldn't really effectively hit us back.

It wasn't that Spore was insignificant. By all accounts it seemed p3nguins were more pissed off at BlackFlag than anything, though if you look at logic, there is basis there for that move too.

Quote:
I think this is what Assassin and booji are partially taking issue with. You all seem to agree now that Spore targeted Pengu heavy gals for several days (4 by booji's count, and I saw 3 or 4 myself) At which time Pengu responded (again, all agreed this was next step in events) Now, what I, as one of the aforementioned "sympathetic parties" saw, as well as what i think Assassin and booji saw, was that Spore was being aggressive, and Pengu responded as anyone would. Your response, to their response, was to paint them as both the aggressor and evil party and declare war on them.
As stated previously, if they were that bothered about the galaxy raiding that Spore was doing then why did they not speak to myself about it? Regardless, I don't count hitting 3 to 4 members across two galaxies as particularly hostile.

Additionally you state they responded as anyone would which is flawed, as I wouldn't. Spore response was to not hit p3nguins the night they SPECIFICALLY HIT SPORE WITH CT. I've put it in capitals to highlight just how much p3nguins took it to the next level. After we didn't hit them, p3nguins then decided to hit our forts again the next night - resulting in myself deciding enough was enough.

Also, not once did I refer to p3nguins as evil, so don't put words in my mouth. There was no bitterness in going to war with p3nguins, no lust for revenge. As stated before, the aggression from p3nguins was just one of the factors.

Quote:
Neither booji, nor Assassin, from what I've seen, have been able to validate any discussions with CT. Perhaps they are lying, who knows, only them, but whilst Spore was being told of Pengu's evul plans, we were also advised of a certain someone "Doing Pengu's politics for them" Pengu then proceeded to come under fire by both ND and BF. One wonders what said politics were.
So the fact both CT and p3nguins hit our galaxies in perfect timing and without overlapping does not strike you as suspicious and the fact I had confirmation from CT that it was for one night only is not suspicious to you?

Quote:
Speaking as said sympathetic party, my sympathy came about due to said events. I felt a friend, and their alliance, was being painted falsely, harassed and attacked. Having been a very vocal (and some would say, overly aggressive) supporter of commands decisions last round, which ended with us winning, it was not a flippant decision to question said command.
Let me give clarity on this. You approached me to ask for a planet NAP for your p3nguin galaxy member and I refused it. You took offense to this and were very vocal in being anti-war with p3nguins.

If you've not realised it yet, it's not MY job to play politics or to protect members of a DIFFERENT alliance. They were not painted falsely. p3nguins upped aggression from galaxy raiding to specific targeting and worked with an alliance first. They also DID ask another alliance to hit Spore which was the final straw in our own political moves.

Quote:
Yet in the end, it was treated as such. It was not without its lessons, however. I learned quite quickly that loyalty in PA means nothing, and that regardless, to those above you, you're just planet and fleet to be used.
Loyalty is not questioning command decisions then stating you want no part in the war. If anything Recluse, you picked the wrong person to debate loyalty with as that is one of my key attributes. I am deathly loyal to my alliance. Always has been, always will.

Quote:
PA truly has, I believe, become so alike to real life, in its methods, politics, and community, as to be falling in to the same dark pit reality is. Kind of a lesson on human psychology when roughly 700 people display the same shitty traits, loyalties, and political decision making that 7 billion do. Where the **** is our PA Switzerland?
It's a game Recluse. Just because I decided to target p3nguins with Spore doesn't make anyone evil or in a 'dark pit'. Just because I couldn't care less to whether your galaxy member was getting roided doesn't make me unsympathetic or emotionless, my priorities in this game are simply for MY alliance.

While I understand the greater majority of p3nguin members had no bearing or choice in the direction their HC took, it isn't plausible to single them out. Once again, there was no malice in the strike Spore did on p3nguins.

p3nguins are an old returning alliance and I wished them luck for this round at the start. I was quite impressed in how they took on Ultores, but they clearly have some areas to work on in order to improve for the next.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 08:33   #1040
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
He's not complaining about anything, he's trying to give his objective assessment of what he thought was going on. Since this episode is now a couple of weeks old its not going to affect any current political positions so does not damage Spore in any measurable way. If opinion is treason in spore you must be a very grim alliance!
Standing rule in Spore is for members to not go posting on the boards. I find it to be more of a nuisance with members posting than not.

Additionally, even if something is 'weeks old' you generally do not comment too much on it till the round is over. Infact, I really shouldn't have commented as much as I have, but I am unwilling (stubborn if you like) to have Spore painted as malicious.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 09:15   #1041
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Some would argue that ganging up on the top alliance when you have no shot at the allyrank is malicious... At least that's the impression i got when the fallen fc'd spore out of the win a couple rounds back Maybe the perception of malice is individual and in no way anything you can control?

Now who doesn't like members posting relevant stuff during the round? When the ticker stops it all becomes pointless anyway, people only remember the gut feeling they had when it all went down. If something feels like rape, the victim won't perceive it as anything else if said raptist "explains the situation" 4 weeks later.

That being said, i have instructed members to stay away from AD myself as a HC, most notably in NoS. But for other reasons: "we do not exist" and "all PR is bad PR" and such.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 14 Jul 2014 at 09:24.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 10:10   #1042
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Not one time did p3nguins approach myself during these 4 nights to discuss anything and so it was believed they saw no aggression and just that they were galaxy raids.
But you didn't approach them either; which by your reasoning there you should have because you justified the attack on them perfectly reasonably 10 pages back as…

Quote:
Spore went to war with p3nguins for the following reasons:

a) p3nguins were top hostile to Spore
b) There was reasonable evidence that highlighted p3nguins wanting to hit Spore
c) It was a rational and logical choice when you factor in political and military reasons
d) We needed roids and to possibly better increase our alliance ranking.
There is nothing wrong with these reasons; except if you expect other ppl to negotiate with you before gal raids escalate and don't yourself apply the same standard and go to your top hostile and ask them why/warn them off.

Quote:
Spore response was to not hit p3nguins the night they SPECIFICALLY HIT SPORE WITH CT.

So the fact both CT and p3nguins hit our galaxies in perfect timing and without overlapping does not strike you as suspicious and the fact I had confirmation from CT that it was for one night only is not suspicious to you
You claim they co-operated in their assault on you but both p3n…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
The only alliance we have coordinated attacks with were Ultores/FL and that last week when we all hit BF.
And less emphatically CT, deny co-operation…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado View Post
no, we weren't attacking together. We were just both being attacked by the same alliance in gal raids (fair enough), so we responded naturally.
Again, that you saw co-operation was a perfectly reasonable judgement for you to make. But again you yourselves were part of such a random convergence against P3n and of course denied co-operation…

Quote:
is this due to the fact other alliances hit you as well as Spore?

I'll say for the record I never asked ND to hit you. My presumption (as I do not speak for ND) is that they saw what was happening with Spore and wanting to get in on it and have been fairly close to Spore through the round.
If you deny co-operation with ND and BF against them and they deny co-operation against you why should one be true and the other not.

Quote:
Infact, I really shouldn't have commented as much as I have
No because you were below P3n at the start of the war, your assault on them was wholly justifiable. Your statement that P3n were top hostile and above you was all the justification required really. You should have just left it there. It was BF outrageously hitting far down the ranking in co-operation (or not) with you and ND that was the problem.
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 10:11   #1043
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where the **** is our PA Switzerland?
The PA Switzeland is currently being p-targetted by faceless for the second night in a row

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 10:37   #1044
jermain

jermain is on a distinguished road

This round has sunk to a new low as regards to blocking. This is the primary cause for people quitting PA.

Faceless P-targetting HR because they have NAP'd everyone else in the uni is pathetic.

However I'm not sure what is more pathetic, them hitting HR like this or the rest of the uni letting them do it?

The only alliances this rnd that have any semblance of dignity or bravery left are p3nguins and Ultores. The rest have HC's who would prefer to mass NAP/block each other than war alliances of a similar standard.

What's happened to the blocks of the past which would be a fair fight of various alliances? Now blocks are created to simply smash one alliance down rather than creating a fair fight.

This is what is killing the game. HC's who have no guts to do the right thing and not hop on the band wagon of a large block.
jermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 10:50   #1045
Zh|l
Inquisitor

I wasn't planning to speak more about the p3nguins war but Londo made an excellent post so:

Quote:
But you didn't approach them either; which by your reasoning there you should have because you justified the attack on them perfectly reasonably 10 pages back as…

There is nothing wrong with these reasons; except if you expect other ppl to negotiate with you before gal raids escalate and don't yourself apply the same standard and go to your top hostile and ask them why/warn them off.
Thank you for raising my original post regarding the reasons and agreeing with the reasons being justified.

Onto the negotiating part, my point was merely that if p3nguins were that unhappy with Spore galaxy raiding then they could have spoken to Spore rather than escalate to the stage of hitting Spore specifically. If I perceive general raids as being a tad more hostile than I'd like, then I would approach the alliance in question and speak to them.

In this case, p3nguins didnt talk and escalated straight away. I showed a gesture of good faith in not striking back immediately and it was ignored. I didn't feel this time period was warranted for me to approach them as that imo would be a sign of weakness.

Quote:
You claim they co-operated in their assault on you but both p3n…

And less emphatically CT, deny co-operation…

Again, that you saw co-operation was a perfectly reasonable judgement for you to make. But again you yourselves were part of such a random convergence against P3n and of course denied co-operation…
I'll ask you to point out anywhere where I stated Spore had not cooperated with BlackFlag (or ND but please refer to my explanation later for the specifics of that one).

Not once did I deny cooperation on p3n. I'd never lie like that on these forums.

Quote:
If you deny co-operation with ND and BF against them and they deny co-operation against you why should one be true and the other not.
Very good point but I never denied Spore had coordinated against p3nguins with BF or ND. What my point was is that ND decided to tag along without talks with Spore originally.

The original debate is that BF or Spore got ND involved and that is a statement which is incorrect.

Once ND decided to join in, Spore DID cooperate and coordinate with ND, but we did not apply any pressure at all for them to assist. We simply told them our plans and ND then decided to join in. (Which was surprising to me).

That is the difference between my statement regarding ND and any supposed denial of working together.

Quote:
No because you were below P3n at the start of the war, your assault on them was wholly justifiable. Your statement that P3n were top hostile and above you was all the justification required really. You should have just left it there. It was BF outrageously hitting far down the ranking in co-operation (or not) with you and ND that was the problem.
I'm glad someone see's it. (From a Spore POV)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 10:53   #1046
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermain View Post
Faceless P-targetting HR because they have NAP'd everyone else in the uni is pathetic.
Faceless targets last night were 50% HR, 50% Ultores with 2 big HEROES thrown in.

Faceless incoming last night was 80% HR, 20% Ultores.

Last edited by ReligFree; 14 Jul 2014 at 11:08.
ReligFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 10:55   #1047
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
T

This is what is killing the game. HC's who have no guts to do the right thing and not hop on the band wagon of a large block.
HCs might be partly to blame, but the main problem is that going to war is often a loose-loose scenario where you pretty much always end up worse than when you went in. Either due to costly lands, roids lost or members losing motivation due to lack of sleep.

PA is set up in a way where avoiding incoming is the one true goal for pretty much every ally, and to attain this goal joining huge blocks is often a natural way of doing things.

Basically, the games needs to have more bonuses for alliances at war and under heavy incoming.
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 10:58   #1048
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
This round has sunk to a new low as regards to blocking. This is the primary cause for people quitting PA.

However I'm not sure what is more pathetic, them hitting HR like this or the rest of the uni letting them do it?
I agree that HR don't deserve being p-targeted like this and will express my displeasure of this to the Faceless High Council.

Quote:
The only alliances this rnd that have any semblance of dignity or bravery left are p3nguins and Ultores. The rest have HC's who would prefer to mass NAP/block each other than war alliances of a similar standard.
No offense but my alliance was in no position to 'go it alone' in the unvierse and I acknowledged that with my politics for Spore.

I can see where you can call p3nguins brave for taking Ultores on, one on one, but it was also clearly foolish in the end. I honestly don't see the bravery from Ultores.

Quote:
What's happened to the blocks of the past which would be a fair fight of various alliances? Now blocks are created to simply smash one alliance down rather than creating a fair fight.

What is this notion of a fair fight? What would be fair about Ultores exactly?

Ultores are quite simply ahead of the other alliances in terms of military strength and activity. Asking anyone to go up against them one is one is basically saying "Well done Ultores, you've won".

Ultores COULD have prevented this block from forming. Thing is, they didn't. That's their fault, not the rest.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 11:00   #1049
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
HCs might be partly to blame, but the main problem is that going to war is often a loose-loose scenario where you pretty much always end up worse than when you went in. Either due to costly lands, roids lost or members losing motivation due to lack of sleep.

PA is set up in a way where avoiding incoming is the one true goal for pretty much every ally, and to attain this goal joining huge blocks is often a natural way of doing things.

Basically, the games needs to have more bonuses for alliances at war and under heavy incoming.
This I agree with. War is pretty bad in this game and there is little motivation FOR it.

Been saying there needs to be more bonuses for war and a way to ease the defence burden (as prelaunch makes attacking so much easier) for a few rounds now.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 14 Jul 2014, 11:30   #1050
jermain

jermain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No offense but my alliance was in no position to 'go it alone' in the unvierse and I acknowledged that with my politics for Spore.
This is my point tho, I'm not saying you had to go solo but you could have joined the otherside of the block and made it a fairer fight. Ult + Spore vs CT/FL/BF would be a lot fairer than Ult vs the rest. Or perhaps when p3ng where blocked against any alliance could have backed them up but instead everyone joins the bandwagon and rapes an ally into the dirt. I'm not trying to single out Spore as everyone did the same thing. Just making the point that HC's should try and even out blocks rather than all ganging up. It literally resembles a school playground with everyone joining the bully to pick on the little kid.

Quote:
I can see where you can call p3nguins brave for taking Ultores on, one on one, but it was also clearly foolish in the end. I honestly don't see the bravery from Ultores.
From an outsiders point of view (i'm in Heroes tag) just from looking at alliance relations and other factors it seems these are the only 2 alliances who tried to fight a fair fight. p3ng took on Ult early on 1 vs 1 and Ult on FL 1 vs 1 also. There has also been a big block vs Ult for large parts of the rnd and they are still 2nd and could potentially still win. This to me says they are the best ally this rnd by far. If BF win they don't deserve (except politically) and I think EOR stats will show this.

Quote:
What is this notion of a fair fight? What would be fair about Ultores exactly?
This purely based on opinions but perhaps 2 allies vs ult + HEROES would prob be a fair fight. Or looking on a larger scale FC / ult / p3ng vs Spore / CT / BF etc. Could be any number of variations with the allies but 4 allies teaming on 1 is pointless. 3-4 allies vs another block of 3-4 allies would be great. However this never happens anymore as everyone jumps on the bandwagon to avoid incs.

Quote:
Ultores COULD have prevented this block from forming. Thing is, they didn't. That's their fault, not the rest.
I have no idea about this so I'll take your word for it. It's a shame other allies didn't join in though to create a fairly even sized block.
jermain is offline   Reply With Quote