User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 18:31   #1
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts
[Declined] The building/Stocking of scans

I think it was better when you had to build and stock scans. Added an extra little bit to the game that I miss. Bring it back?
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 18:55   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The building/Stocking of scans

I prefer it how it is now.
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 05:42   #3
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

the move away from prebought scans is both a good and bad thing. now it seems a decent scannor can have all the scans with in a week. where as before it would be a long while. but thats more of a tech tree issue not a scan issue.

The good of not having to prebuy scans

if you have the cash and the reseach and you need a scan you got it, this lets people do more for themselfs and it also lets solo players have a better chance of getting the scans they need when they need them

The bad of not having to prebuy scans

its more of a loss in a tactic, if you ran out before you had to wait a while where as now you just have to scrap up some extra res and you got it.

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 06:01   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I always used to have between 25 and 50 scans stocked up (50 mil and news scans) as they were useful and running out was a pain. But back then, there was a chance that you could still get through on someone with more jammers than you had amps - it was a matter of crashing through.

These days, there isnt that chance, so if you get jammed you have to hop on IRC and look for some lonely scanner with too many resources . So, i think the existing way of purchasing scans - instantly - suits the more precise environment that we now fight (and/or die) in.

Plus, running out was a pain .
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 09:44   #5
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga
I think it was better when you had to build and stock scans. Added an extra little bit to the game that I miss. Bring it back?
another crap poorly thought out idea, would be nice if you explained WHY you thought it was better, but i will tell you why i think it is a poor idea.

IMO purely for the solo/smaller players often without the benefits of an alliance scanner behind them, their resources are more streched than alliances who support scan planets solely for the purpose of scanning, smaller planets have to balance their resources more, for them to devote a significant chunk of resources in advance to scans, and to risk running out at a crucial moment due to bad planning are unfair disadvantages.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 23:53   #6
Vas
ROCK biatch

Vas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
another crap poorly thought out idea, would be nice if you explained WHY you thought it was better, but i will tell you why i think it is a poor idea.

IMO purely for the solo/smaller players often without the benefits of an alliance scanner behind them, their resources are more streched than alliances who support scan planets solely for the purpose of scanning, smaller planets have to balance their resources more, for them to devote a significant chunk of resources in advance to scans, and to risk running out at a crucial moment due to bad planning are unfair disadvantages.
My sentiments entirely... buying scans wasn't good, it had its bad and good points but the bad points out weighed the good ones, so really the current system is good enough

[VanX][ToF][xVx][PK][Subh][InS][Omen][Destiny][ROCK]

Proud to been a Member of Gal 1:6 R18
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 00:12   #7
Dovai
Rage

Dovai is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't remember the name off the top of my head but their is a game out there very much like PA but with all these things you would like aswell Ginga. Why not go play that?

Hope Is The First Step On The Road To Disapointment
Closed Thread