User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Sep 2003, 03:44   #1
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
10-cluster traveltime penalty gone?

My fleet is suddenly 1 tick faster to planets that should have +1 to ETA. Has this 'feature' been removed?
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 04:09   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I tried attacking the opposite end of the universe, and there was indeed NO additional traveltime

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 04:16   #3
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

It's R2 all over again! :/

Tick... Tweak... Tick... Tweak...
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 04:23   #4
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Save a few players, of course
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 06:48   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Having a feature that isn't working and causes annoyance for a lot of people should obviously remain all round, because god forbid you remove it while ticks are running. It might... please people .
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 07:10   #6
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:

Fortunatly things are being tweaked as it was obvious they weren't working properly. The game at ticksstart had a lot of rough edges. It still needs a lot of work and I do not mind it being chnaged /improved some more !!!

hAl
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 08:27   #7
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Like Leshy said, better get rid of a non-working element than get annoyed by it for another 1000 ticks... Tnx Spinner
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 09:32   #8
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
i see a R10.5 coming.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 09:41   #9
kaos
peon

kaos is an unknown quantity at this point
i see this is the last round of pa
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 09:59   #10
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
and i just have to smell that right? shame i couldnt send defence last night as target was more then 10 clusters away....you could have told me something anyway i'm glad its removed, now all you need to remove is unbalance when roidcapping, unbalance when fighting, thats all :-) or just bring back the old game!
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 10:41   #11
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point
wahoo now 10 more clusters can attack my c20+ gal easily \o/

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 10:46   #12
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by KoeN
i see a R10.5 coming.
R9.5 was cus of the major blocking in R9 wich made the round very very short. Next to that they needed time to design this new PA. I doubt there will be a R10.5

But then, I know you where joking with this line, tho I couldnt resist replying to it. You are sooooo sexeh!!11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 12:37   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by cheekybru
My thoughts exactly
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 12:41   #14
Ado

Ado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Having a feature that isn't working and causes annoyance for a lot of people should obviously remain all round, because god forbid you remove it while ticks are running. It might... please people .
Leshy historically the only thing spinner removes DURING the round are things that cause annoyance, and leaves the "fixes" and tweaks to between rounds.

I wonder how long this would continue before PAX is back to something that resembles normal PA, all the other "new" stuff seems to have had the reaction of a skunk in a perfume shop.
Ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 14:22   #15
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Eol
Save a few players, of course
I was suppose to say that!
lo Eol
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:07   #16
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
Removing the ETA penalty = "A Good Thing". (At least it shows that someone is listening).

Not telling anyone about it = "Unbelieveably Stupid". (Even when compared to the long history of stupid errors and omissions).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:08   #17
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Fortunatly things are being tweaked as it was obvious they weren't working properly.
And why weren't they working properly? Because Spinner didn't test travel time during beta or even announce how it was going to work ahead of time. If he had, the obvious problems could/would have been pointed out to him (of course, he might have ignored them anyway; but still).

Variable travel time (based on geography) had been discussed for years on the old Suggestions forum. It was pointed out many times that if you didn't wrap the universe (or make some other correction) both ends would be screwed (not so bad, maybe, for the high end; but bad for the low end). In fact, here's what I had to say about it 5 months ago in a thread Spinner started asking about feedback on variable travel times:
Quote:
Originally posted by me
The idea of travel time based on geography isn't new--it's been suggested many times. I will assume the universe wraps around, otherwise the idea is just stupid--even by PA standards. I will also assume the travel time gradient (that is, how much travel time changes as you move across the universe), is significant; otherwise there's no point in doing this.
So of course what does Spinner do? He implements a non-wrapping travel time with an insignificant gradient.
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
The game at ticksstart had a lot of rough edges. It still needs a lot of work and I do not mind it being chnaged /improved some more !!!
Yes by all means, let's fix the rough edges. But maybe, someday, we should start wondering why there's all these rough edges in need of fixing. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:08   #18
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by cheekybru
lol

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote