User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 May 2003, 16:09   #1
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
is money the reason

while i can understand that the creators will close someone for creditcard fraud immediatley what i am wondering is why they act straight away when it costs them money but take months before closing blatant cheats , does it boil down to the fact that cheaters will be allowed play again so they are afraid to close them in case they lose buisness or does it matter at all

Discuss

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 16:17   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
As every account paid for through an unverified credit card is known, it's easy to close them straight away. As they haven't paid for anything, they have no right to anything.

In case of cheating, the story is different. You need full-proof evidence that the player in question has indeed been breaking the rules, or you have no leg to stand on. As a company offering a service, you cannot afford to deny your customers the service they paid for based on anything less.

Closing one innocent is worse than leaving 10 cheaters open.
Unread 2 May 2003, 16:25   #3
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
admirable sentiments but as we both know there has been a lot of cheating going on this rd with proof available but nothing done
even necro admitted iin a thread on ad that his gal cheated and they got off with a smack on the wrist because it was unfair to make their gal suffer by deleting the cheaters

-Rommel
Unread 2 May 2003, 16:25   #4
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Re: is money the reason

Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
while i can understand that the creators will close someone for creditcard fraud immediatley what i am wondering is why they act straight away when it costs them money but take months before closing blatant cheats , does it boil down to the fact that cheaters will be allowed play again so they are afraid to close them in case they lose buisness or does it matter at all

Discuss
1: Getting a report on stolen creditcards is ABSOLUTE evidence, no checking is needed, no gathering of evidence, no innocents to protect and no reports to evaluate. Its fast, easy, and feeicient.

2: Reported cheaters are very different. There have been holes in the rules, there are borderline samples and issues, there is evidence to gather and review, there are innocents to protect, and some times the closing of a single cheater can take days to get waterproof.

3: You dont see the cheaters wo do close, they "dissappear". All you hear about is "how many gets away with it" which only make us look bad.

If I may, I'd like you to have a small checkup on my columns on the portal, check the last one I added
Unread 2 May 2003, 16:27   #5
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

will do i aint never been a big fan of bunies unless ur gonna roast them

"edit " k read ur column and i can only hope that ur efforts to catch cheaters will reap rewards as i personally feel that cheaters going unchecked does turn ppl away from the game but incase u misunderstood the initial post i have np with u closeing accounts that were paid for by cc fraud i just wish the same could be done with the cheaters

-Rommel
Unread 2 May 2003, 16:27   #6
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Quote:
admirable sentiments but as we both know there has been a lot of cheating going on this rd with proof available but nothing done
even necro admitted iin a thread on ad that his gal cheated and they got off with a smack on the wrist because it was unfair to make their gal suffer by deleting the cheaters
Since you bring up names here, which you shouldnt, allow me to point out that 1 member of a galaxy "admitting" cheating on the forums, is not EVIDENCE. Generally speaking, it could be just an angry galaxy-mate etc.

But yoru concern is duely noted, and we are working to improve this bit of the admining, and the sturcture and heandeling of these will be quite different in rd 10.
Unread 2 May 2003, 16:34   #7
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

give that i myself was closed for suspected cheating in rd 5 which was cleared up after speaking with zeus i think that as a whole ppl who are innocent would have no real problem if they saw more pro-active actions being taken in this area
nice to know that u do actually notice these things

off topic anymore titbits bout rd 10

-Rommel
Unread 2 May 2003, 17:10   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
give that i myself was closed for suspected cheating in rd 5 which was cleared up after speaking with zeus i think that as a whole ppl who are innocent would have no real problem if they saw more pro-active actions being taken in this area
nice to know that u do actually notice these things

off topic anymore titbits bout rd 10
I personal think your wrong there. Most people do hate being closed for cheating when innocent EVEN if they get reopened. You just have to look at the forums from previous rounds to see the number of complaints about this very thing. Its not been as common the last few rounds (probally due to shrinking player base meaning less cheaters are around now which means less closures also)

If your not bothered about being closed when inncocent your almost certainly in the minority
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 18:06   #9
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

well the point i was trying to make was that they would be seen to be more active in that area

-Rommel
Unread 3 May 2003, 09:12   #10
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
If creators closed planets anytime a player thinks he has proof, i would have been deleted 3 times last round, because the girlies i attacked thought I am a multi. They thought that, because my name was

last round of PA

and there was a guy with

=Last Round= of PA?

U see, whenever player suspect multis, the creators have to take a sharp look on that
Unread 3 May 2003, 13:02   #11
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
I reported doezens of players in earlier rounds that were both attacking a planet and being defended by the same planet they had attacked earlier.

I happen to find that conclusive evidence of roids farming but the creators think otherwise cause most of those were never closed. some were however closed (mayby they got more evidence on those) but then mostly the planet that was roided and rarely the planet getting the roids. That has really made me depressive and very suspicious of what creators actually consider evidence.

Once asking about this they told me that someone could try to defend someone who roided him by defending him on purpose to get him closed for cheating. When I asked if they had ever encountered such a situation I was not given an answer...

hAl
Unread 3 May 2003, 14:52   #12
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
You would be suprissed by some of the tactics used by players to hinder their enemies. They will DDoS attack servers, manufactuer evidence of cheating and other such acts. Its all part of any competitive situation but it means when hunting multies the evidence supplied by the reporters has to be taken witha pinch of salt as you never know the reporters real motives. At best any report and evidence included is just something to start building up your case with and will require alot more evidence before you can take any action
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 14:33   #13
Devo
Spinner Flamer Flamer

Devo is an unknown quantity at this point
What I like is when someone comes on IRC, and then complains about being closed. Why? Because someone else in their gal quit and gave them their account. Which they then gave on to another person as a gift. They admit all this, and then try to argue its not actually aganist any rules...
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Why are you quoting me in your signature?
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 20:49   #14
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Accountswapping is still very common.

I think it would be good to legalize it. You could for instance pick 50% from someones fleet on an officialswapping an account to somebody not already owning a planet.

When I suggested this earlier people said that that would still leave people doing it illegally. Allthough that is true such a legal swapping possibility would make it much more unsportive to accountswap.

Many people now think it is unfair to their galm8 or whatever and give them their accounts to pass on to a player of their choice. With a legal possibility that would make it much less unfair on their galm8s to give the account legally to somebody else.

hAl
Unread 5 May 2003, 11:39   #15
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
I have something funny to add, yesterday i was killing off a guy who hit a mate of mine...he had defence but seemed it wasnt enuf at all...we would have hurt the bitches and quite hard too.
Now tick 1 comes in, and he has about 20K defence, he sends away his own fleet to 1.1.1. (Gurba) And sends me a mail to tell me he's a bit smarter then that....i wait for the first Battlereport and oops for one reason or the other all the defence ships are gone...i check the newsscan....strange all the defence is still there...none recalled...second tick....same thing....defence is there according to newsscan but it aint on the battlereport...third tick i decide to test what they are doing...i recall my kill fleet and BY GOD!!! all the ships return out of nothingness...it was a creator playing the planent (i presume) as he sent away his ships to 1.1.1 (ok i know thats not enuf proof) but tbh as creators have admin toolds they are the only ones who can do this...now WTF is this all about???? Creators cheating....i think so! So what the **** are all you moaners on about...they dont even play fait themselves so hey dont go screaming if they dont close their cheating buddies....this is NOT smething i made up i can show you the news and Battle reports! Anyway i'm sck if this round everyone is cheating and doing there own thing. **** it last round for me!
Unread 5 May 2003, 11:40   #16
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
Since you bring up names here, which you shouldnt, allow me to point out that 1 member of a galaxy "admitting" cheating on the forums, is not EVIDENCE. Generally speaking, it could be just an angry galaxy-mate etc.

But yoru concern is duely noted, and we are working to improve this bit of the admining, and the sturcture and heandeling of these will be quite different in rd 10.
Theamion admitted cheating and dena and ditch got closed..

And believe me Theamion was an angry galaxy mate.
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 11:45   #17
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Spearhead
I have something funny to add, yesterday i was killing off a guy who hit a mate of mine...he had defence but seemed it wasnt enuf at all...we would have hurt the bitches and quite hard too.
Now tick 1 comes in, and he has about 20K defence, he sends away his own fleet to 1.1.1. (Gurba) And sends me a mail to tell me he's a bit smarter then that....i wait for the first Battlereport and oops for one reason or the other all the defence ships are gone...i check the newsscan....strange all the defence is still there...none recalled...second tick....same thing....defence is there according to newsscan but it aint on the battlereport...third tick i decide to test what they are doing...i recall my kill fleet and BY GOD!!! all the ships return out of nothingness...it was a creator playing the planent (i presume) as he sent away his ships to 1.1.1 (ok i know thats not enuf proof) but tbh as creators have admin toolds they are the only ones who can do this...now WTF is this all about???? Creators cheating....i think so! So what the **** are all you moaners on about...they dont even play fait themselves so hey dont go screaming if they dont close their cheating buddies....this is NOT smething i made up i can show you the news and Battle reports! Anyway i'm sck if this round everyone is cheating and doing there own thing. **** it last round for me!
To be completely honest Spearhead, I doubt very much a creator would do such a thing. What you sujest just isnt possible WITH admin tools, even IF the planet concerned was a creators planet and even IF that creator wanted to cheat.

I off course cant prove anything to you, but you have evidence? IF so please email [email protected] or [email protected] full details and request an investigation. You may not beleive they will investigate their own, but I do.
Unread 5 May 2003, 12:12   #18
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Spearhead
...i wait for the first Battlereport and oops for one reason or the other all the defence ships are gone...i check the newsscan....strange all the defence is still there...none recalled...
If the fleets arrived a tick before you then the fleets could have been sent to defend for 1 tick - unconventional - but that way there would be no fleets there when you arrived and no recall messages in the news scan.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 12:43   #19
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
If the fleets arrived a tick before you then the fleets could have been sent to defend for 1 tick - unconventional - but that way there would be no fleets there when you arrived and no recall messages in the news scan.
I used that tactic to send fake def fleet to inactive galm8s a lot in r7 and 8 in a random gal. When I am short of def ships (as I was always in a random gal) I just made three equal sized fleet two with specialized anti FR or anti DE ships and one fleet with fighters and a single slow ship. I then send them to my galm8s with the fake fleet going to the most inactive with a message it was only a a fake defending for one tick prior to arrival. Many attackers pull on that kind of def and I saved quite a few people who were unlikely to move their fleets in time with that strategy. Because the home fleet does not flee and the planet has def incoming people expect the def to be genuine.

hAl
Unread 5 May 2003, 12:56   #20
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
mm makes sense, mmm i feel stupid now ;-) thx for the possible explanation
Unread 10 May 2003, 00:59   #21
Kåre Willoch

Kåre Willoch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner

............ yoru .......................