User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:30   #1
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Leaving randoms alone

If I were HC of a big alliance that was involved in a war from the start of ticks, then I'd ban attacks from my alliance on random gals.

I'd like to see current HC's of alliances, that fit the above description, do the same and give random players a better chance instead of just being seen as 'easy roids'.

If you're involved in a war then your members should be hitting your enemies every single night and getting 'easy roids' from random planets won't help your cause at all.

It would also give random players more chance to enjoy their round. And who knows, you may ever get them on your side. Non-allied planets seem to enjoy big fights (such as girlee, Darki and servuz last round) and you'd rather have them fighting for you rather than against you.

(However, if you're not involved in a war then I see no reason for you to avoid getting easy roids, since that is essential the aim of the game.)
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:35   #2
Aneu
H O N O U R

Aneu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
snip
Then tell me, due to 10/10 Random/priv. How will we tell which is which?

Aneu

'True Power Is A State Of Mind'

Quote:
[22:27] ([ViruS]Aaranaf) your not Aneu
Aneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:41   #3
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Re: Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
Originally posted by Aneu
Then tell me, due to 10/10 Random/priv. How will we tell which is which?

Aneu
If you can't tell the difference then you must be a fool. Plus, the idea is that they only target enemies (hostile gals) so they would avoid randoms and neutrals.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:43   #4
Aneu
H O N O U R

Re: Re: Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
If you can't tell the difference then you must be a fool. Plus, the idea is that they only target enemies (hostile gals) so they would avoid randoms and neutrals.
I asked you a simple question... How will you know what is random and what is private?

Aneu

Quote:
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:48   #5
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
By the time protection wares off, quite a lot of hostile galaxies will have already been identified. You can start with them.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:52   #6
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
That'd be great.

Imagine all the amusement we could garner from recruitment officers actively courting random players to join their alliance, since they can attack without fear of reprisal since they're in a random gal.

Or, alternatively, if the decision would be made to only treat non-aligned random gals as off-limits then imagine all the amusement we could garner from roid-hungry members trying by proxy to recruit members of random gals into the opposing block, then launching as soon as they've said 'I Do'.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:57   #7
Aneu
H O N O U R

An answer would be nice...

Aneu

Quote:
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:09   #8
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Well...lets see. If you know a galaxy is doing quite well and they are not in your block, its safe to assume that they could potentially be hostiles. And also people like to talk/brag so have someone monitoring the cluster/parallel alliance. Those are just some commen sense things.

There are also a bunch of other options via IRC and P you can use which I wont get into since you are after all the enemy and ..... well you can figure that out

See you on the battlefield
-RexDrax

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:09   #9
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
An answer to what ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:12   #10
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
An answer to what ?
Quote:
I asked you a simple question... How will you know what is random and what is private?

Aneu
in terms of galaxy and not bodyparts

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:15   #11
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Cool

But you already answered his question.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:16   #12
Aneu
H O N O U R

Quote:
Originally posted by RexDrax
in terms of galaxy and not bodyparts
There are such things as organised Randoms.

Aneu

Quote:
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:27   #13
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Something that is not allied to me is my enemy, that's just how I play the game.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:27   #14
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
I think the point of this was more to do with leaving the disorganised randoms alone. If a random galaxy appears to be a threat (i.e. they're doing well), then no reason why not to attack them, imo. Its more when an (obviously) random (or similarly a small-allianced based galaxy, not on either block) is struggling, and is roided every night by thebigger galaxies in the big blocks.
In r7, the winning gal were allowed to win for precisely this reason. They were in a (reasonably) hostile cluster, but instead of taking advantage of this, the NEWX gals decided to pick on the smaller in-cluster, neutral galaxies and then it was too late to do anything about 10:8 (or maybe 18, i forget).
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:27   #15
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
That'd be great.

Imagine all the amusement we could garner from recruitment officers actively courting random players to join their alliance, since they can attack without fear of reprisal since they're in a random gal.
You missed the part where I said they could hit hostile gals. Attacking random gals that were hostile would be perfectly acceptable.

Quote:
Or, alternatively, if the decision would be made to only treat non-aligned random gals as off-limits then imagine all the amusement we could garner from roid-hungry members trying by proxy to recruit members of random gals into the opposing block, then launching as soon as they've said 'I Do'.
That wouldn't happen. Go be a prick on someone else's thread, or present your arguments properly.

Quote:
I apologize for not waiting in anticipation at my PC for your next reply. Next time I'll try harder to answer you promptly.

Random gals are the ones with lower, erratic scores. Private gals generally have higher, more consistent scores.

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:48   #16
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Aneu
Ask them.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:50   #17
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
I think what is in order here is a sort of gentleman's code of conduct, much along the lines of 'you do not hit another man in the sweet meats'. However (unfortunately) PA has long been a game of dishonour and deceit, so I don't see such a code being universally adopted.

One would hope that in a war situation alliance members would be attacking hostile alliances, as any roids taken count double, but there will always be those who can't be bothered/didn't find an attack to join/don't care about the war, and these will be the players who look for the unallied planet with the most guaranteed roids to take, and will target them instead.

On the flip-side, PA is a mathematical game. If your main fleets are out on attack and defence duties and you have a few spare pods and their respective class flak, you can possibly gain a few extra roids from attacking a such planet. Unfortunately the removal of OB means that it will primarily be planets in random galaxies that will be target for this sort of opportunistic attack.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:10   #18
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I completely agree with you Scouse, and I have stressed this point to my officers/members several times.

However, if a random galaxy proves to be hostile, they will be treated accordingly. I believe that is fair.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:26   #19
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
Unfortunatly it is the players with the most roids that win, and any players not taking roids will lose.

Though if everyone would abide with the above, I stress that I will be in a random galaxy, and no one is allowed to attack me unless I have attacked them first . And any members breaking these rules should be kicked from their alliance and let me have a 3 tick free retal on them...

But then again, there will always be one alliance that will go out attack the randoms get easy roids (as farming is banned) then finish off their opponents. (/me hopes Scouse is not a part of this alliance)
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:34   #20
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If I were HC of a big alliance that was involved in a war from the start of ticks, then I'd ban attacks from my alliance on random gals.

I'd like to see current HC's of alliances, that fit the above description, do the same and give random players a better chance instead of just being seen as 'easy roids'.

If you're involved in a war then your members should be hitting your enemies every single night and getting 'easy roids' from random planets won't help your cause at all.

It would also give random players more chance to enjoy their round. And who knows, you may ever get them on your side. Non-allied planets seem to enjoy big fights (such as girlee, Darki and servuz last round) and you'd rather have them fighting for you rather than against you.

(However, if you're not involved in a war then I see no reason for you to avoid getting easy roids, since that is essential the aim of the game.)
Now, if all alliances did this, I'd order mine to go random.

So why give an advantage to people just because they're doing a 'good thing' as opposed to a 'bad thing'?

Jester
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:47   #21
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh no!!

Aneu thinks he somebody and starts trolling with a for him paradoxal question!

But then again, none of his alliances 'did' ever have any decent intel, so we should cut him some slack on this matter, not for being a dick though.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:59   #22
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
BLUBB
just came home and you made me laugh so i bother to ask a few questions if u dont mind.

1) Do you only mean -randomly-paid gals, or do you also mean gals which dont belong to any block ?

2) how will those ppl in those random gals know they are hitting or defending against a private block gal, if they are defending someone in their alliance ?

3) will you provide every block from the start with a complete coords list of all hostile gals, so we can ignore weak gals with good players and only hit the real gals ?

4) will those random gals not participate in cluster/parallel alliance to prevent them from influencing the game of the "blockers" ?

5) Will you oh wise Scouse, tell us how it works in a universe were many ppl namely go with their "friends" and might not be playing full force ? (Those might be pretty save as they would never be identified)

I have more questions which would easily point out how hillarious and out of reality your idea is, tho nicely on the paper.
And considering Cochese supports it, i will have my money on Madcows going for random blood first. *cough* Senate *cough*

[Edit: What is the difference of an alliance not beeing in a block who is allowed from your point of view to "harvest" the randoms. thats more or less how you describe them with easy roids? Would RaH if they dont join a block, i.e. the war and just ally with another alliance who they share gals with, be allowed to control the "not block war" universe ? (RaH beeing a random example after their last round performance)]
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:07   #23
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
And considering Cochese supports it, i will have my money on Madcows going for random blood first. *cough* Senate *cough*
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:19   #24
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
1) Do you only mean -randomly-paid gals, or do you also mean gals which dont belong to any block ?
Random gals, since they will need all the help they can get. But alliances should be attacking enemies and not neutrals, so they could be left alone as well.

Quote:
2) how will those ppl in those random gals know they are hitting or defending against a private block gal, if they are defending someone in their alliance ?
They won't. Random (smaller) planets will hit smaller planets (if they even attack at all), engaging, in most cases, in a war of their own. If they are hostile then they open themselves up to attack. It's the job of the HC to decide when they change from just a minor nuisance to a problem, and deserve getting attacked, and thus wasting ships that could be used to fight a real war.

Quote:
3) will you provide every block from the start with a complete coords list of all hostile gals, so we can ignore weak gals with good players and only hit the real gals ?
You should know how to identify hostile gals, and it looks to me like you're just being a prick.

Quote:
4) will those random gals not participate in cluster/parallel alliance to prevent them from influencing the game of the "blockers" ?
I'm sure they'd love to participate but most decent gals will think they are far too "1337" to deal with "newbies" and crap players and so won't give them the choice by either ignoring them from the start, or slowly removing them throughout the round.

Quote:
5) Will you oh wise Scouse, tell us how it works in a universe were many ppl namely go with their "friends" and might not be playing full force ? (Those might be pretty save as they would never be identified)
Ah. Proof that you're just being a prick. I am one of them people, what on earth was the question?

Quote:
I have more questions which would easily point out how hillarious and out of reality your idea is, tho nicely on the paper.
I've already implented it myself in previous rounds (6 and 7) for Titans, so it's not out of reality at all.

Quote:
[Edit: What is the difference of an alliance not beeing in a block who is allowed from your point of view to "harvest" the randoms. thats more or less how you describe them with easy roids? Would RaH if they dont join a block, i.e. the war and just ally with another alliance who they share gals with, be allowed to control the "not block war" universe ? (RaH beeing a random example after their last round performance)]
Anyone can do as they wish with regards who they attack. My point was that it is much better for everyone if the alliances involved in wars actually concentrated on the war and not on attacking random gals that won't do them much harm in the first place.

Next time maybe put your mature head on and don't try to undermine me so much, eh?

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:20   #25
Draki
> EvuL

Draki is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:

Aneu
the magic word here is: INTEL ....

Draki
Draki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:20   #26
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
O I'm sorry Focht
I never did see you in any of the meetings between cows/eclipse
or private cows ones

thanks again for informing me on who I will be targeting next round

O wise witty Whis
Your smiles dripping jizz
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:23   #27
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Re: Re: Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
eh?
hmm Canadian Scouse I never knew eh
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:25   #28
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Wouldnt that involve giving rank and file members a complete list of all hostile galaxies, or do you only want them to launch their fleets upon your explicit instructions at the target(s) you have specifically given them?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 20:30   #29
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Wouldnt that involve giving rank and file members a complete list of all hostile galaxies, or do you only want them to launch their fleets upon your explicit instructions at the target(s) you have specifically given them?
No. You give them suggestions. Putting up clusters with hostile galaxies in, a group of working sister galaxies etc. Galaxy reps then pick which they want from the list.

Plus, after a while even members know a great deal of the hostile galaxies and can hit them. And remember, galaxies don't just hit other galaxies, they book them with their alliance and their allies, in coordinated attacks, so generally only hostile gals are hit. And anyone defeding the hostile galaxies (cluster/parallel allies) are also hit.

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 21:07   #30
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The idea scouse is promoting merley requires a bit of common sense in order to exercise.

However i'm afraid others on here have taken this as an oppotunity to put scouse down, or indeed promote their own image by trying to trip him up .

Sorry, some of you exert more arrogance than Mr Bush himself.

-Necro
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 21:24   #31
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
It seems a lot of people (and in some cases, its the people who matter) are getting very defensive over this, asking for definitions on what seems to me a straight-forward issue.
In the past, I've never really been involved in block-politics, keeping myself to smaller, "funner" alliances, and it has annoyed me to see blocks lose because despite greater numbers/potential-power, their members decide that a few cheap roids from easy targets are better than maybe fewer roids from a more difficult hostile galaxy. Do they not realise that by taking roids from an enemy, that you are doing the equivalent of taking twice as many roids from a neutral planet?
It seems a shame, that because of the selfishness and lack of risk-taking involved in this game, that it is all but unplayable for the more casual gamer.
If an alliance were to implement a "hostile only" attack policy, (not: "hostile" != "not friendly"), they would have my respect if nothing else.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 21:41   #32
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Members got kicked in Titans round 7 for attacking randoms while we were at war.

And people say fury was tough, heh
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 21:58   #33
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
As long as no official rules are broken an alliance can do whatever it wants. After 8 rounds now i'm sure that must be an obvious.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:12   #34
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
So Singus rnd7 gal should not have been attacked by any others, except those that they attacked first?

(Wonder what had happened if that would have been the case).

To make the game "fair" I have another suggestion, why cant all HC go out and tell their members that they are not allowed to attack ppl that are less than 80% of their size. In this way we will protect the "n00bs" and randoms as by Scouses thinking they will never be at any reasonably size compared to non random accounts.

Last edited by Saitam; 30 Jan 2003 at 22:25.
Saitam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:27   #35
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by Saitam
So Singus rnd7 gal should not have been attacked by any others, except those that they attacked first?

(Wonder what had happened if that would have been the case).

To make the game "fair" I have another suggestion, why cant all HC go out and tell their members that they are not allowed to attack ppl that are less than 80% of their size. In this way we will protect the "n00bs" and randoms as by Scouses thinking they will never be at any reasonably size compared to non random accounts.
it wasn't about making the game 'fair'. it was about doing the right thing for your friggin alliance.

the desirable side effect was less pressure on the 'n00bs'.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:29   #36
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:

That wouldn't happen. Go be a prick on someone else's thread, or present your arguments properly.
*Ahem*

Your only counter-argument to mine is 'that wouldnt happen' and you accuse ME of not presenting my arguments properly?

And since when is pointing out the holes in someone's reasoning considered to be being a 'prick' ?? If you cannot accept someone not agreeing with you, then dont say anything in public.

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:34   #37
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
*Ahem*

Your only counter-argument to mine is 'that wouldnt happen' and you accuse ME of not presenting my arguments properly?

And since when is pointing out the holes in someone's reasoning considered to be being a 'prick' ?? If you cannot accept someone not agreeing with you, then dont say anything in public.
well your suggestion that a random player or galaxy would need to join an alliance in order to participate in any type of war was downright retarded. along with the idea that people would recruit for an opposing block? I mean c'mon.

Have you never recruited random gals in your cluster to help in wars? If not, I guess that's your loss then, as they can be a great resource. Also, if they prove to be a threat to an alliance, the alliance would hit them back. This isn't a difficult topic folks, you're just all being so stupid about it.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:37   #38
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
O I'm sorry Focht
I never did see you in any of the meetings between cows/eclipse
or private cows ones
Prolly because i didnt want to deal with you guys ?
And about your targeting or internal meetings, i merely said i had my personal bet on cochese breaking another of his glorious attempts to save the universe.

As for Scouse, you seem quiet touchy on this topic if you are asked how you think we should realise your famous plans

Also with 2-3k players i guess it will be hard to realise but a general hit who hits us is for most alliances common. Tho noone who plays this game would ignore a roidfat target in a crap gal, hoping for roids.
As for R7 and previous, its always debateable who was kicked for attacking "randoms" or "neutrals" as the definition of those lies in the eye of the beholder. (i.e. Case K3on last round)
Tho i think a general agreement was always incharge of that, considered Fury and Legion always had a cooperated bookingchannel with identified hostiles.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:41   #39
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
well your suggestion that a random player or galaxy would need to join an alliance in order to participate in any type of war was downright retarded.
I never said that. Read it again carefully.

Quote:

along with the idea that people would recruit for an opposing block? I mean c'mon.
The 'looking for any excuse no matter how thin' tactic is tried and tested m8. I've been on the receiving end of it a few times, and have seen it happen in my own 'camp' on several occasions as well. It isnt pretty, but it's there.
And as the proud history of AD attests to, even if there isnt any real excuse, one can always be found.

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:46   #40
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
I never said that. Read it again carefully.

The 'looking for any excuse no matter how thin' tactic is tried and tested m8. I've been on the receiving end of it a few times, and have seen it happen in my own 'camp' on several occasions as well. It isnt pretty, but it's there.
And as the proud history of AD attests to, even if there isnt any real excuse, one can always be found.
point is, what you said/suggested doesn't even address the purpose of this thread, which was simply a suggestion to make your alliance more efficient and, as a side effect, reduce the amount of incoming on random n00bs. Why is that so hard to comprehend?
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:51   #41
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
point is, what you said/suggested doesn't even address the purpose of this thread, which was simply a suggestion to make your alliance more efficient and, as a side effect, reduce the amount of incoming on random n00bs. Why is that so hard to comprehend?
It isnt.

My point, put simply, is that the current situation with mixed random and private gals is fundamentally flawed, and that any artificial 'PA-wide' agreement between alliances to not hit them unless -insert ever increasing list of exceptions here- is doomed to fail.

Better for alliances to simply keep their own members in check and make sure they focus on the war-effort on an individual basis. It will bring its own rewards for those who do.

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:59   #42
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Those that dont fight for the alliance shouldnt be in that alliance.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 23:03   #43
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think the original post implied the need for some kind of "agreement" between alliances, rather, Scouse posting his opinions on hitting non-hostile, random galaxies instead of enemy galaxies...and what he would do "if" he was a HC.

It's a perfectly valid point...do you go for easy roids, from non-threatening galaxies, or take harder-fought roids from people who pose a threat?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 23:07   #44
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
well i'm a bit dissapointed that random gals don't have more members than private gals. it gives them an unfair advantage. and THAT is what Scouse is talking about. a gal with 10 dedicated players that have met and organized in a channel before the round starts is already on a better start than a random gal... who meet for the first time when pa starts.. and possibly reshuffled a week later. not only that but there will be some people 'hiding' and so real communication doesn't happen for a few weeks. not only that but if an alliance has members in a random gal.. don't you think they'll defend the private gals first? and if the random person is lucky they'll get some def too. it's harder to defend random gals.

you will see which gals are random fairly quick as usually (i'm not saying all of them) they will fall behind in ranks.

what i think Scouse is trying to get across to you guys is that maybe we should cut those obvious random gals a little slack. if you're part of an alliance than you should be attacking your enemies anyways right? not waste your time on neutrals.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 00:23   #45
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:

And about your targeting or internal meetings, i merely said i had my personal bet on cochese breaking another of his glorious attempts to save the universe.
looks more like you said my alliance would be targeting randoms.

but as they say in a song.. my eyes are dim i can not see I have not brought my specs with me.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 00:23   #46
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
The big 'leet' alliances will usually concentrate on winning the war. However the big 'flack' alliances which generally have a large lack of talent will generally hit on poor mr.noob.
________
Jaguar mark x history

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:35.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 00:48   #47
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
Kill n00bs

Big roid fat players in Random galaxies will always be interesting targets for any alliance member especially inbetween the big attacks...
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 00:51   #48
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i personally don't attack anyone who's less than 2/3 my size
too bad most of the rest of you don't think the same way :\
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:00   #49
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Re: Kill n00bs

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackal2112
Big roid fat players in Random galaxies will always be interesting targets for any alliance member especially inbetween the big attacks...
Even if they are taking their roids off your enemy?

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:02   #50
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Kill n00bs

Quote:
Even if they are taking their roids off your enemy?
Yes, because my enemies roids belong to me, and me alone.