User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jan 2004, 01:59   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Who else has tried the Far Cry single player demo?

I've been following this game for a fair while just cos it looks like it'll be good, and I gotta say the demo backs up what I thought.
Good concept, good interaction (BF1942 stylee use of vehicles and stationary guns etc), impressive AI, and stunning (and I mean it) graphics - especially if you're one of the lucky ones with a highend DX9 card like the R9700 pro.

/me wants the full release damnit
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 03:32   #2
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who else has tried the Far Cry single player demo?

I thought it was good, although it took me forever to get a beachhead (I kept trying to take the huts closest to me, eventually I gave up and found the beach with the buggy). But I couldn't beat it, I got to where there was a red glowing thing shaped like a bomb, but I couldn't find any explosives.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 09:15   #3
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmm a game better then CoD? cause i think there's nothing better out at the moment
i wait from Doom3 to rock my world
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:18   #4
bell

bell is an unknown quantity at this point

I found it very tough going, kept getting done in from god knows who.

I still prefer Halo TBH
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:22   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell
I still prefer Halo TBH
Halo isn't very good.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:23   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Halo isn't very good.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:24   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Halo's awful. There's exactly one room that you might as well just run back and forth across for five hours because that's basically all you're doing in single player.

And multiplayer requires all the reactions of a dead cow.
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:34   #8
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Halo's awful. There's exactly one room that you might as well just run back and forth across for five hours because that's basically all you're doing in single player.
quoted because of trueness (yes trueness)
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 16:44   #9
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

i just played the demo of armed and dangerous tis "teh funny"

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 21:20   #10
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

the graphics ****ed up for me
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 16:08   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I want Far Cry.
I want to shag whomever made Far Cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot951
I thought it was good, although it took me forever to get a beachhead (I kept trying to take the huts closest to me, eventually I gave up and found the beach with the buggy). But I couldn't beat it, I got to where there was a red glowing thing shaped like a bomb, but I couldn't find any explosives.
Hm, I played through it twice (Easy & Normal), and I didn't find any buggy. I went the direct route, shooting people from gunboats is fairly Oh, and there are explosives in the same building as where you find the machine you have to blow up, it's in a side room of the first room after the entrance.
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 17:49   #12
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

See, I saw that there was a door there, but I couldn't get it to open.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote