User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Nov 2003, 21:53   #1
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Closed planets receiving resources

This is the most moronic thing I have seen in a long, long time.

If a planet is closed, it should NOT be "active" in the game...no resources each tick, and production/research/construction should not advance.

If the Creators have to be absoultely spineless, at least halve the resource income per tick. They were (are) suspected cheaters, after all.

Doing anything less only gives the community the impression that there's nothing to lose (and everything to gain) by cheating, which simply isn't so...especially when the universe is so small, and can more easily be affected by large-scale cheating.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 21:57   #2
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Closed planets receiving resources

Erm, hasnt it been like this since the begining?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 21:58   #3
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Erm, hasnt it been like this since the begining?
Doesn't make it right tho.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 22:01   #4
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
Doesn't make it right tho.
Precisely how?

I sat closed for 4 days in R3, I expect I would have been exceedingly pissed if when I was (finaly) reopened, that during these 4 days I had recieved nothing.

Besides, surely a planet shouldnt be closed anyway until you enough evidence to be fairly certain he wont be reopened. (Oh the irony of me saying this)
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 22:09   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

well then the assumption shou;d be that planets are closed when there is anough evidence and that any appeals are likely to fail. hence resources should not be accrued. maybe if u are reopened u sould recieve some compensation e.g. half the resoruces u should have gained, or maybe a free credit for the next round

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 22:09   #6
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Besides, surely a planet shouldnt be closed anyway until you enough evidence to be fairly certain he wont be reopened. (Oh the irony of me saying this)
I think thats his point. Likehood is that if you were closed you actually did something, but as we all know many people talk their way out of it.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 22:15   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I cant quite see what difference it makes if they do get the resources?

If they are closed and then fail to prove their innocence the planet will get deleted, and so any resources they did gain during the period of their closure will be lost anyway because the planet is removed from the universe.

If during the period of closure they manage to prove that they have been done an injustice the planet will be reopened and surely they are due the resources they missed during those days of closure seeing as it is PAteams wrong doing for closing an innocent player*...?

*guilty player who has a very good loop hole to get around being closed

Last edited by JC; 26 Nov 2003 at 22:41.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 22:27   #8
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Closed planets receiving resources

Closed planets should get their resources. The reason they're closed after all is to allow time for an appeal and the possibility of exoneration. The alternative is to go back to summary deletion (they couldn't close planets in R1, only delete them, and it sucked).
Quote:
I think thats his point. Likehood is that if you were closed you actually did something, but as we all know many people talk their way out of it.
That's a different problem. If you have spineless multihunters who can be talked out of their decisions then that's a problem with the multihunters; not with "the system."
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 22:37   #9
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I cant quite see what difference it makes if they do get the resources?

If they are closed and then fail to prove their innocence the planet will get deleted, and so any resources they did gain during the period of their closure will be lost anyway because the planet is removed from the universe.

If during the period of closure they manage to prove that they have done an injustice the planet will be reopened and surely they are due the resources they missed during those days of closure seeing as it is PAteams wrong doing for closing an innocent player*...?

*guilty player who has a very good loop hole to get around being closed
Nice said
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 02:57   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I was deleted, I'd notice pretty quick-smart.

Then I'd get my arse in #support, and ask what was going on. I'd then straighten any kind of misunderstanding out, and get myself reopened.

The fact these players took over a week to do it says something - maybe they're so stupid they took this long to think up a decent excuse, or maybe they weren't around so had someone else running their account... I don't know. But why take so long? They DESERVE to have them taken away, for not getting onto it quick enough.
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 09:36   #11
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
If I was deleted, I'd notice pretty quick-smart.

Then I'd get my arse in #support, and ask what was going on. I'd then straighten any kind of misunderstanding out, and get myself reopened.

The fact these players took over a week to do it says something - maybe they're so stupid they took this long to think up a decent excuse, or maybe they weren't around so had someone else running their account... I don't know. But why take so long? They DESERVE to have them taken away, for not getting onto it quick enough.
If you are closed for the 4th time, searching for MrBrick every freaking minute. Talk to other ops, who agree but say they can't do stuff... Hmm dunno about you, but I would be very pissed.

It's not up to the player to reopen themself, they need MrBrick. So it's NOT in your hands. I hope you will get closed once, not for cheating, but the possibility that you cheated(Trust me, also REAL non cheating people get closed sometimes) Then you will see getting yourself reopend isn't just a 5 minute talk. Doesn't matter if you are quilty or not.
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 09:39   #12
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont understand.. if a player is closed on a false basis, why should he be punished?(taking away resources) It makes no sense, whatsoever.

I'm with JC on this one
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 10:24   #13
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

They get a week's freedom from attacks, roids that <insert alliance here> can't have taken from them.
If a planet is suspected of cheating, then they should inform the player of their suspicions, leave the planet open, and then either close the file, or delete as appropriate after a 72hr (or whatever) appeals-window is finished.
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 10:35   #14
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
They get a week's freedom from attacks, roids that <insert alliance here> can't have taken from them.
They also lose the ability to attack people themselves so cant gain roids. They also cant defend their galaxy and alliance.

I dont see why people are having such a big problem with this. If you were closed wrongly and then at a later date reopened surely you would want some kind of compensation for this mistake? This compensation comes in the form of the resources your planet built up over the time of your closure.
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 10:37   #15
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

closing a player will also mean that he cannot grow in the following days the planet is closed. this can ofcourse be compensated with a few extra ticks of resources (say closed days resources * 2). This should only be used in cases where PA team have done a major doodoo and closed a player without any real proof.

you appear to have posted before me JC, for this there can be no forgiveness.

Last edited by I am Idler; 27 Nov 2003 at 10:39. Reason: da da
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 11:08   #16
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

This is just silly.. why shouldn't the closed planet receive resources? They will dissapear from the universe if he's deleted anyways. If the planet it proven innocence they can't just let him continue where he was.. he should have the resources, nothing more to say actually..
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 11:31   #17
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
They also lose the ability to attack people themselves so cant gain roids. They also cant defend their galaxy and alliance.

I dont see why people are having such a big problem with this. If you were closed wrongly and then at a later date reopened surely you would want some kind of compensation for this mistake? This compensation comes in the form of the resources your planet built up over the time of your closure.
You conveniently seemed to ignore the rest of my post...
Prevention is better than cure.
Don't close the planets in the first place if they are not going to be deleted. Seems simple to me...
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 12:11   #18
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Don't close the planets in the first place if they are not going to be deleted. Seems simple to me...
if they are infact guilty of whatever charges they will have time on their hands to perhaps wreck the game for another planet or more. so closing is the only logical way to go about it.
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 12:33   #19
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

The closure-procedure should be removed all together, a delete-button should be enough.
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 12:42   #20
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

when will the FanG cheaters be closed??? i'm still waiting...Or are you multi-hunters too gutless...right tought so
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 12:43   #21
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

pathetic....

just because eclipse being pissed about some reopend planets, its not needed to reprog the entire game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearhead
when will the FanG cheaters be closed??? i'm still waiting...Or are you multi-hunters too gutless...right tought so .. did I actually mention my mental abilities are very limited?
They wont get closed, because there is no evidence of these planets breaking any rules

.... all closed FAnG planets got reopend

Last edited by LEFF|pm; 27 Nov 2003 at 12:55.
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 12:49   #22
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearhead
when will the FanG cheaters be closed??? i'm still waiting...Or are you multi-hunters too gutless...right tought so
righto,

1. you cant close without proper information/proof... a irc log, rumours or any other bullshit is even remotely proof enough. I wont reveal what the methods are (I asume they want them kept secret for obvious reasons). Anyhow, these methods are almost 100% sure, or atleast they give a very strong indication of something fishy going on.

2. I though FAnG had planets closed this round already? Or did I miss fresh development.

3. Multi hunters arent gutless, I closed almost 200 planets a day when PA had its hey-day's. It just takes a bit of "gentle touch" if you will to actually make the decision to close a planet.
I still find it very amusing that everyone are innocent. VERY.
95% of the planets closed are infact guilty of dodgy behaviour or even cheating.

4. Stop ranting about cheaters on the forums, its a case for the PA team and you are not really doing any good for players, nor cheaters to blame a single alliance for not having any planets closed...
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 12:54   #23
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

I just don't see what innocent players are doing that gets them closed. This round I have attacked alone, attacked with others, escorted, defended non-allied players, faked attacks and defences, launch-pulled-relaunched for several hours straight and so on and so on. I'm connecting to my account at all hours, 24/7, and I've accessed my account from Norway, France, the Netherlands and Russia. I can be logged on from one IP at 13:23 GMT, from another one at 13:24 GMT, and back to the first one again at 14:01 GMT (accessing my account from laptops and cellphones while running back and forth between meetings). Yet nobody has ever accused me of cheating.

So what the heck are you "innocent" guys doing that I haven't done?

Xeno
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 12:56   #24
I am Idler
This is bat country

logging in at a friends place, launching at the exact same time from that location, farming with the same IP, etc.. the reasons are numerous but still, they dont go through all the players at all times, so to make it simple, the higher the rank the higher the chance you might be checked out.

to make an example, mid round2 when I was in the top10 somewhere I went to Prague on a school trip and informed the PACrew (correct term at the time) about my whereabouts so they wouldnt get suspicious when they suddenly found a entire new host logging into my planet.

Simple: If you cant do it at home, or must do it with someone, write a e-mail to the PA team and explain why you are doing it before they close you.
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 12:58   #25
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno
I just don't see what innocent players are doing that gets them closed. This round I have attacked alone, attacked with others, escorted, defended non-allied players, faked attacks and defences, launch-pulled-relaunched for several hours straight and so on and so on. I'm connecting to my account at all hours, 24/7, and I've accessed my account from Norway, France, the Netherlands and Russia. I can be logged on from one IP at 13:23 GMT, from another one at 13:24 GMT, and back to the first one again at 14:01 GMT (accessing my account from laptops and cellphones while running back and forth between meetings). Yet nobody has ever accused me of cheating.

Xeno
In round 9:5 I spammed my login in #planetarion, being totally pissed and fed up... and still did not get closed...

Your question is answered easily: nothing
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 12:59   #26
I am Idler
This is bat country

I thought no one cared in round 9:5 ?
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 13:57   #27
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
When a planet is closed PAteam are 99% certain that the planet has cheated. However because the planet has been payed for PAteam cannot just delete the account, it has to be left open for a certain period of time so that the owner of the planet can put foward a formal complaint and try to prove their innocence. In some cases PAteam have no choice but to reopen the planet.
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 15:01   #28
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Closed planets receiving resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult
The closure-procedure should be removed all together, a delete-button should be enough.
That's what they thought in R1. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 15:03   #29
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

the problem is, if a planet is closed under suspicion of sumthing and an explanation is given to the creators as to what the problem was and the planet is re-opened, why shud this person be punished more than he already has been ?

if the player gives his/her side of the story and the creators still dont like it and the planet is deleted then the resources gained doesnt matter.

it seems quite fair from where im sitting.

ofc, if u r from eet u wont be unbiased in this matter.

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 15:06   #30
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
mr.brick has admitted this is partly his fault as he was moving house i believe.

and u will find FAnG representatives were in #support every day trying to resolve this matter, it just takes a while to gather all the evidence from all the ppl involved and order it in a way that it is understandable.

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 20:00   #31
Perfection
Autonomous

Perfection will become famous soon enoughPerfection will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
When a planet is closed PAteam are 99% certain that the planet has cheated. However because the planet has been payed for PAteam cannot just delete the account, it has to be left open for a certain period of time so that the owner of the planet can put foward a formal complaint and try to prove their innocence. In some cases PAteam have no choice but to reopen the planet.
I disagree. This proceedure was followed stringently when Planetarion was free, rounds 2 to 4 inclusive being examples. The reason it is done is born more out of fairness and equality than legal implications, although it is true that with the added factor of payment PAteam are now legally liable for their actions (which they never were before btw). I do remember that Spinner (or at least an official representative) once posted his reasons for having this system in place, though ive forgot what they were precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
This is the most moronic thing I have seen in a long, long time.

If a planet is closed, it should NOT be "active" in the game...no resources each tick, and production/research/construction should not advance.

If the Creators have to be absoultely spineless, at least halve the resource income per tick. They were (are) suspected cheaters, after all.

Doing anything less only gives the community the impression that there's nothing to lose (and everything to gain) by cheating, which simply isn't so...especially when the universe is so small, and can more easily be affected by large-scale cheating.

Im surprised that a person who has shown himself to be reasonable and rational over the course of many Planetarion rounds suddenly decides to come up with this. Firstly, the planet is not "active" in the game, a period of 3-4 days closure can severly hamper anyones top X ambitions as well as attaching an unwanted stigma to the player. The losses (not being able to attack) are however balanced by the positives (freedom from incoming).

Secondly, your implying that being a "suspected" cheater is just as bad as being an actual cheater. How anyone can think this is just beyond me, so ill just say that if that was the way things actually were, then why dont we give out custodial sentences to people who have been found not guilty of a crime?

I dont think there is anything wrong with the current way things are done. I mean, if that planet is re-opened it is only fair that they receive the resources they would have received anyway had there not been a false allegation. It is not someones fault that their conduct appears to another to be cheating.
Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 00:08   #32
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno

Xeno
lol just wait until someone reports ya and i promise you will have a hard time to get them to belive you didnt acountshare
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 00:16   #33
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ya, cause that makes sence ...

Look at it from a non biassed point of view. They got closed for NOTHING and thus couldn't attack/defend or anything. So the LEAST they can get is their resources, they would have gotten those nway if they weren't closed. The closure only costed them 10 days of no attacking and offering defence.

But again, I'm sorry I crushed your dream of believing every closed planet is a cheater. Infact, you HOPE they are cheaters otherwise you wouldn't be arsed to react like this.

Hypocrit ... (I do think you're better then that m8)

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 11:41   #34
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitre
lol just wait until someone reports ya and promise you will have a hard time to get them to belive you didnt acountshare
Actually I don't think so. I have documents confirming I travel a lot, and I have no problems explaining the swift shifting of IP's. But then again I've never faced the wrath of the hunters, so what do I know...

Xeno
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 20:48   #35
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like scans of closed planets to be stopped like earlier rounds.
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 21:16   #36
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

There is an issue here that springs to my mind that I can't see having been raised (forgive me if it has already). If closed planets did not receive resources there would be nothing to stop spiteful players (and there are plenty of Wayne Kerrs on the internet unfortunately) accusing others of cheating just to have them closed and their planets lose resources, just to be a hindrance. These falsified accusations would seriously overload the multihunters and make a mockery of the entire enforcement system.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 00:26   #37
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames
Wayne Kerrs
gimme a prize, I got that joke!
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 02:01   #38
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Look you ungratefull pack of whiny bitches, not everyone you close is guilty, sometimes they really do have 18 brothers with similar passwords. Therefore, because planets that will remain closed have no use for resources and planets that will be reopened cannot attack others during their period of closure it is only logical to continue the advancement of r/c and resources.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 07:52   #39
I am Idler
This is bat country

I think the discussion has come to a halt as every possible opinion has been expressed 10 times atleast.. closure?