User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:49   #1
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
General plea for communication

This is a plea for communication.......

Could PA Crew/Creators/ ANY1 ! please do regular updates on the forums/MOTD/#planetarion/Passport on what the current situation is.

Its just silly that a message about the first rollback is still in the MOTD.

We are a paying public, that wants to know what we can expect. And if there is no info, pls updated all those places and tell us that there is no further info.

Cmon peeps, communicate with us.

(And dont tell me that Spinner is the only one who could do that, That wud be a laugh.....)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:51   #2
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: General plea for communication

uhm PA is death, give it a rest will ya ....
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:54   #3
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point

I am led to understand there will be an announcement in the near future regarding recent occurances. Also expect an announcement from myself either late this evening or tomorrow at some point.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:58   #4
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearhead
uhm PA is death, give it a rest will ya ....
Hehe, if PaX is dead, id like to hear it from THEM. I suspect its over and out, but id like to know for sure, so i can safely go knife ppl again in CS or SOF2
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 10:03   #5
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

play RTCW and you have a date
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 10:10   #6
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearhead
play RTCW and you have a date
Took me a while to figure out what RTCW means :P. But i dont ike Wolfenstein...
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 07:33   #7
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road

PA is not dead. And it appears there will be a round 11 as well. New leadership, new communication from Keef an actual Jolt Rep. I am the most optimistic I've been about PA in many rounds.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 08:41   #8
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin1955
PA is not dead. And it appears there will be a round 11 as well. New leadership, new communication from Keef an actual Jolt Rep. I am the most optimistic I've been about PA in many rounds.
I think so too.

I really do think MrBrick might be the ideal man for the job, he seems to be able to listen to the community and hopefully will not let so many good ideas slide by.

However, I am still concerned by the Jolt's input. I know these are only small things but why isn't there a link to planetarion from http://www.jolt.co.uk? How come the single topic in thier forums has a bunch of people slagging off PA? Why aren't there links from within the forums to stuff about PA like there is with every other game?

Like I say, these a small issues but if the small issues aren't taken care of how can ever expect the big ones to be? Is it me or is it not worth building up the PA playerbase again? Surely having 5-10 thousand people paying 10 quid each every three months is revenue worth having and worth putting a bit of effort into?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 08:54   #9
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road

Some of these have been fixed. There is a Jolt REP "Keef" now on the forums fixing these things. And that is something new!
Best look for his posts and ask him or tell him about your concerns. He seems to be listening and repairing things.

BTW thier forums suck wang anyway. When we first moved over here some of our people made trouble, hance the slagging that still goes on there. But perhaps it can now be rectified
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 08:59   #10
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin1955
Some of these have been fixed. There is a Jolt REP "Keef" now on the forums fixing these things. And that is something new!
Best look for his posts and ask him or tell him about your concerns. He seems to be listening and repairing things.

BTW thier forums suck wang anyway. When we first moved over here some of our people made trouble, hance the slagging that still goes on there. But perhaps it can now be rectified
You are right, the things that were broken were fixed. But I still have to go search through games and find the one tiny link to PA. This is of course someone who knows and plays the game trying to find it.

The point I'm more interested in is the comparison between the "normal" side of the services Jolt provide (eg clanservers etc) and planetarion. Are the clanservers and the like hugely profitable and how do they compare with the potential revenue from PA, even if you were to add just another 1500 players?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 09:16   #11
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Many of these issues will be addressed over the next few days... PA has definitely been going through difficult times, with the departure of Spinner being a large part of that, but there is a new creator in charge and changes afoot within PATeam and the organisational side of PA. It is probably best to wait and see what the new setup can deliver before making any judgements about the future of PA.

As for communication, at the very least the suggestions forum has returned and will be opened up to broader discussion shortly, which should give the community a better chance to give feedback to the creators.
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote