User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Aug 2003, 21:09   #1
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Naris is an unknown quantity at this point
150 (limit) version of Spinner..

When pa takes over the alliance policy I leave this game for good, almost every alliance I got some sort of information about closed their doors down to 1 alliance/wing membership policy as spinner liked them to do of course which was long planed before 10th started. It has limit our tactical options in a severe degree that even less ppl wont even participate in it.

Also many of us elders saw the huge advantages with Bg`s earlier in the previous rounds of pa. Actually it has happend since rnd 3, but we didn`t have a name on it earlier on the public board.

A Huge block is already in plan, in consider of the little amount of total members of planetarion next round, its quite obvious the outcome already.
A few thoughts, after the increasing interest of the amount of 1 alliance policy discussions of late and the result of it which I`ll explain in my next thread later on.
Sincerely
Naris
Naris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 21:29   #2
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 150 (limit) version of Spinner..

Quote:
Originally posted by Naris
When pa takes over the alliance policy I leave this game for good, almost every alliance I got some sort of information about closed their doors down to 1 alliance/wing membership policy as spinner liked them to do of course which was long planed before 10th started. It has limit our tactical options in a severe degree that even less ppl wont even participate in it.
care to explain what tactical options it limits? For as far as i have seen it doesn't change much to any alliance, they can still function as 1 alliance. Wings can still function seperated, they just play under the same alliance flag so i don't see a problem there. Attacks can still be arranged and worked out.... defence works..... i don't see much changes except from the fact that you can play completely anonymous anymore because you need to play under your alliance flag.

Quote:
Also many of us elders saw the huge advantages with Bg`s earlier in the previous rounds of pa. Actually it has happend since rnd 3, but we didn`t have a name on it earlier on the public board.
well no bg's... I personally don't have any problems with that, now alliances can really start proving their strengths as in theory no-one can hide behind BG tags anymore. Which means u fight with your alliance and without (significant) outside help that used to happen with BG's. I think alot of "leet" players leave the game because of that, because their options of spreading resources over several groups won't be working anymore and they have to rely on their own alliance now. And i think that its a good change.

BG's have (imho) always stood in the way of any normal alliance, because any fleet going to your BG means the fleet can't be used by your alliance, so what the point for your alliance of having you then if you can only give them say 50% of your force, or attacking with your BG and only drawing defence from your alliance when needed..... It doesn't help the alliance really, unless ofcourse your BG is fighting on your alliance its side, but since most BG's house (or housed) ppl from several alliances that is not the case (maybe for some individuals).

So having no BG's means u have to use your alliance now for everything instead of using several groups..... which means u grow closer to your alliance.... that is good for a alliance, atleast i find it very nice to be actively involved in only my alliance and fight with my alliance m8's, that is what makes a alliance a alliance. It's fighting and dying together, and not seeing your alliance m8s die while you for example get help from your BG and stay big for only your own good. BG's imho where never good for alliances, it might have been good for wars and such, but not for the alliance as group of friends.

Quote:
A Huge block is already in plan, in consider of the little amount of total members of planetarion next round, its quite obvious the outcome already.
Well first have to see that happen.... if they block well let them, i am sure there are ppl enough willing to counter it and i just hope ppl have learned their lesson from r9..... But its all rumours so far, so first wait and see what happens
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 21:39   #3
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
Bg's will keep to exist, becouse you dont have a attacking benefit from being in the same alliance. You dont get a -1 tick in travel time if you attack one gal with your alliance. And i havent heared about any other disadvantage you get from not attacking with your galaxy. I dont know if spinner did implement the code that when you attack one planet from 2 alliances that they will also attack eachother in the combat.

Only defence will be harder with Bg's imo.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 22:06   #4
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

A few thoughts, after the increasing interest of the amount of 1 alliance policy discussions of late and the result of it which I`ll explain in my next thread later on.
Sincerely
Naris
Maybe its just me, but wtf are you talking about?

The in-game alliances don't seem to place any limits at all on the alliances regarding behaviour that we have seen for the last few rounds. The only thing it stops is alliances mass recruiting effectively to past 150 members, not exactly a bad thing with the current numbers involved with PA.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 22:18   #5
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Re: Re: 150 (limit) version of Spinner..

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Maybe its just me, but wtf are you talking about?

The in-game alliances don't seem to place any limits at all on the alliances regarding behaviour that we have seen for the last few rounds.
Yes it does Maddix, it affects the amount of different strategies each players take each around, and the 1 alliance only policy wich was implemented earlier.
I talked about the same thread spinner wrote earlier, the same thread around the alliance issue and you can allow to join 1 alliance only at a time. And it takes time to leave to rejoin a new alliance tag.

And it will end up with alliances creating blocks and strengthen that theory even more in near future.
Because many players are afraid that they cant quick change their plans if its neccessary to do so.
Sincerely
Naris
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 22:22   #6
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

But of course, if players are so loyale as Maddix that they will choose to stay with the alliance even they are loosing or doing a horrible pa round "forexample", its nothing new for you I guess in my concern around this issue
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 22:41   #7
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
But of course, if players are so loyale as Maddix that they will choose to stay with the alliance even they are loosing or doing a horrible pa round "forexample", its nothing new for you I guess in my concern around this issue
This is like so a extremely stupid reason to leave a alliance. I think u choose a alliance cuz u feel thats where u belong, and u stick to that alliance for better or for worse. Only the selfish idiots jump ship when it goes wrong. I for one will never leave my alliance for any reason that has to do with me playing pa, and the way my alliance looks now i don't see any other reason to leave it either.... Its my home, my family and that is whats more important then my personal achievements. And what good is a alliance when ppl jump ship once it goes wrong? If everyone did that most alliances wouldn't even last 1 round.

But i guess that comes with ppl who are used to also playing in BG's which means that they attach less value to their alliance so it doesn't matter much to them as long as they are not on the loosing side and can relax in there BG without being buggered by the needs of your alliance.... thats not exactly loyal, and ppl who are not loyal shouldn't even be in a alliance in the first place imho.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 22:49   #8
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Quote:
Originally posted by Wandows
care to explain what tactical options it limits? For as far as i have seen it doesn't change much to any alliance, they can still function as 1 alliance. Wings can still function seperated, they just play under the same alliance flag so i don't see a problem there.
Yes I can explain in more details, if I`m allowed too

* First you really need to consider what kind of alliance you will end up in, before you take any serious decisions around that issue and final step in rnd 10 alliances.

* Second it limits our tactical views around the Bg issue, its alot harder than usual to attract players who are less satisfied with their current alliance in any mid-round of pa.
Which are a few each round I tell ya.

* Third it limits our exploration to check out other alliances and their policy & culture into round 10th. Which can be amusing and fun indeed, at least it used to be fun in my view.

* It also limits our own alliance strategy to get decent members who are already settled in other alliance.
Because to mainly *amount and it safety based on numbers of members even if such players dont like much what they have experienced so far in their current position earlier or in next mid-round.

Some of us like unique strategies, not all options are possible anymore in fact, that concludes my opinon on playing limits as a Hc and not at least for plain members next round of planetarion.
Sincerely
Naris

Last edited by Naris; 27 Aug 2003 at 23:08.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:01   #9
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

alright

Quote:
This is like so a extremely stupid reason to leave a alliance. I think u choose a alliance cuz u feel thats where u belong, and u stick to that alliance for better or for worse. Only the selfish idiots jump ship when it goes wrong. I for one will never leave my alliance for any reason that has to do with me playing pa, and the way my alliance looks now i don't see any other reason to leave it either.... Its my home, my family and that is whats more important then my personal achievements.
Alright, but you must be agreed for those other selfish bastards, assholes out there who needs a change and experience other societies in different alliances in the same round, for such ppl. Spinner have limit their playing abilities into next round, that is what this issue is all about my friend.

I cant understand, why ppl cant see other got opinions slightly different of their own, around several similar issues.
Some ppl usually play a game and use it well to increase their chances to get among the top 250 chart bad or not.

In fact Wandows alot of ppl from various alliances manage that achievement each round with there same alliance each round, good!.
And seldom change or leave their alliance due to a less good round or tactical wrong decisions since round 4th of pa.
Exellent!. as youself..
But for others who got more diffeculties on that issue, will experience alot more barriers next round.
Sincerely
Naris
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:14   #10
Wandows
[Vision]

Re: Re: Re: 150 (limit) version of Spinner..

Quote:
Yes I can explain in more details, if I`m allowed too
But ofcourse =)

Quote:

* First you really need to consider what kind of alliance you will end up in, before you take any serious decisions around that issue and final step in rnd 10 alliances.
Well it has a good thing and a bad thing.
It sorta prevents ship jumping to much, which is a good thing i think. Ppl now have to think before they act "Is it really worth to be 3 days on my own for this minor collision i had yesterday", and it makes people more envolved in there alliance. I think people will do more research now before joining a alliance, which will lead to less unhappy members and less ppl wanting to leave.

But if you really leave then its a bad thing yes, though i doubt ppl will leave there alliance without something very bad happening to them that justifies the 3 days of depending on urself.

Quote:

* Second it limits our tactical views around the Bg issue, its alot harder than usual to attract players who are less satisfied with their current alliance in any mid-round of pa.
This i don't understand really... You mean that people from BG's might wanna switch to the alliance of another BG member? Well its something to think of really, but like i said in a previous post i am not really fond of ppl who jump ship because their alliance is doing like they expected, whats the additional gain from having a alliance then instead of a BG? Except that devense-wise, so for you own survival, is needed. But i don't think many alliances want to assist ppl's who don't help them, and if there are any i can't understand why.

So i don't think the BG's itself are limited in any way. its just the members, they either have to choose for their alliance now or for the BG.

Quote:

* Third it limits our exploration to check out other alliances and their policy & culture into round 10th. Which can be amusing and fun indeed, at least it used to be fun in my view.
This is true, but i think there are enough ways to get the info u need.

Quote:

* It also limits our own alliance strategy to get decent members who are already settled in other alliance due to mainly amount even if such players dont like much what they have experienced so far in their current position earlier or in next mid-round.
well that leaves the question whether ur alliance is using the right setup or not? Would you like to have decent member for one round or a core of members that sticks with you no matter what. and the 150 members leave enough space for a member change here and there.

Or maybe you should consider to split your alliance in 2 if you forsee problems with the membercount. You can still be very effective that way in offense and if split right defence shouldn't be a problem either.

Quote:

Some of us like unique strategies, not all options are possible anymore in fact, that concludes my opinon on playing limits as a Hc and not at least for plain members next round of planetarion.
Sincerely
Naris
i think one of the problems is that you are trying to stay to much with the old pa, there is a new thing now and everything (or alot atleast) works different, which means the way that you as alliance have to operate has to change aswell. And the new pa opens loads of new options to try and work around, enough to think about atleast..... But it will indeed take some time to find all these new things out, which should prove to be a nice challenge
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:18   #11
Wandows
[Vision]

Re: alright

Quote:
Alright, but you must be agreed for those other selfish bastards, assholes out there who needs a change and experience other societies in different alliances in the same round, for such ppl. Spinner have limit their playing abilities into next round, that is what this issue is all about my friend.

But for others who got more diffeculties on that issue, will experience alot more barriers next round.
Sincerely
Naris

You are very right here =) It will be interesting to see, but i think for those ppl that manage it, there will be alot of options, assuming they know a nice part of the community they should be able to get their hands on some backup between those days. But they might have to face the fact that the "easy winning" ways are over and they have to work harder now (or different atleast) to achieve a good ranking
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:41   #12
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Re: Re: alright

Quote:
You are very right here =) It will be interesting to see, but i think for those ppl that manage it, there will be alot of options, assuming they know a nice part of the community they should be able to get their hands on some backup between those days. But they might have to face the fact that the "easy winning" ways are over and they have to work harder now (or different atleast) to achieve a good ranking
Yes I agree you 120%, it will be alot harer than usual *phews*
But it will be very interesting too, to check alliance updates and how they will keep their nerves and dont use the easy block option around that issue.

However I didn`t meant to offence any of you I have replied too so far and those who have joined our merry band of dicussions without any form of flames. Great! improvements related to that issue.

I`hv joined Bioware forum of late and discussed their beta and new expansion {Hordes of the Underdark} which will be out the next months.

I tried to be plain and fair for all kind of players views about this issue and alliance in whole points of views whom I`hv replied to so far.
I hope I didn`t picture myself as complete idiot and ignoring bastard! And a selfish asshole of course...
Those who know me from earlier, know othervice and they can trust me those who are allies with my ships in several occasions earlier and of course 10th round in *this pa war game.
Sincerely
Naris
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:57   #13
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Yes it does Maddix, it affects the amount of different strategies each players take each around, and the 1 alliance only policy wich was implemented earlier.
I talked about the same thread spinner wrote earlier, the same thread around the alliance issue and you can allow to join 1 alliance only at a time. And it takes time to leave to rejoin a new alliance tag.

And it will end up with alliances creating blocks and strengthen that theory even more in near future.
Because many players are afraid that they cant quick change their plans if its neccessary to do so.
Sincerely
Naris
Forgive me, but I seem to be having trouble understanding your English. Are you saying that you want players to have the ability to be in more than one in-game alliance and thus gain the benefit of reduced travel time (and protection) of more than one alliance?

Two of the pet hates of every major alliance leader (at least those that do not encourage 'underhand' means to improve performance) are people who try and gain protection from more than one alliance and those that alliance-hop for better protection. The new changes do prevent this (to a degree) but is that really a bad thing?

Quote:
Was this a dig at my loyalty? If it is its laughable. As I said above, I don't think anyone likes alliance hoppers.

Quote:
If an alliance invests defence in a member its hardly good for that member to decide their alliance is crap half way thru the round and desert them. If they do a 72 tick waiting period to join another alliance is not punishment strong enough imo.

Quote:
Battle groups are the spawn of satan to alliances anyway. Alliances that are preapring to 'attract players who are less satisfied with their current alliance' mid-round of PA already must also be alliances who are not too confident in their current member base. Nice thought innit?

Quote:
Spying? Shame on you if thats what you mean.

Quote:
* It also limits our own alliance strategy to get decent members who are already settled in other alliance.
Because to mainly *amount and it safety based on numbers of members even if such players dont like much what they have experienced so far in their current position earlier or in next mid-round..
See point #2.

Quote:
Seems to me your 'strategies' are to poach players from other alliances and to encourage alliance hopping.

Unread 28 Aug 2003, 00:34   #14
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Re: Re: Re: Re: 150 (limit) version of Spinner..

Quote:
Forgive me, but I seem to be having trouble understanding your English. Are you saying that you want players to have the ability to be in more than one in-game alliance and thus gain the benefit of reduced travel time (and protection) of more than one alliance?[B/]
#1 Celestrian another ancient Hc told me that once, my english aint my greatest advantage

Alright, I think several players in planetarion would like that option very much next round of pa and would welcome to change it back as it was earlier.
Its easy enough for us Bc`s and Hc`s and we got our metodes to pick out less loyale players in any serious alliance in pa in previous rounds.

But is it well considered and wise of Spinner and his team to give them right to ignore such amount of players in a relative small community already and alter the rule further into 10th to the harder for such players ?

Quote:
Battle groups are the spawn of satan to alliances anyway. Alliances that are preapring to 'attract players who are less satisfied with their current alliance' mid-round of PA already must also be alliances who are not too confident in their current member base. Nice thought innit? [B/][/b]
#2 I also thought about alliance in whole in their various tactical opinons to increase members to convince other members who got an alliance already, an attempt to get more experienced players into their own ranks.

Not only Bgs which you described as spawn of Satan. But I know very well your statement on that issue.

Quote:
Spying? Shame on you if thats what you mean. [B/][/b]
#3 No I meant more like the fun issue to experience to be part of several different alliances in the same round.

I got other good metodes if you thought about {*Intel}

Quote:
Seems to me your 'strategies' are to poach players from other alliances and to encourage alliance hopping. [/b]
#4 Well that was not my main idea nor *goal with my thread in the beginning.
We see alliance hopping each round, its a common and well known problem for any established alliances out there.

My main concerns was about those players who like to be in several alliances due to different communities each alliance got in fact. Because of different players and persons, all got unique personalities for good or bad of some sort which sometimes interesting to be a part of.
Sincerely
Naris

Last edited by Naris; 28 Aug 2003 at 01:30.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 01:13   #15
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Spinner ideas..

Quote:
Forgive me, but I seem to be having trouble understanding your English. Are you saying that you want players to have the ability to be in more than one in-game alliance and thus gain the benefit of reduced travel time (and protection) of more than one alliance?

#1 Alright, I think several players in planetarion would like that option very much next round of pa and would welcome to change it back as it was earlier.
Its easy enough for us Bc`s and Hc`s and we got our metodes to pick out less loyale players in any serious alliance in pa in previous rounds.

But is it well considered and wise of Spinner and his team to give them right to ignore such amount of players in a relative small community already and alter the rule further into 10th to the harder for such players ?
I cant find one good reason why pa-team only benefits already very strong alliances in rnd 10 compare to other previous pa rounds since {3-9.5}. Then penalize less experienced pa players and new pa players who will get alot harder times than usual into next round with [Reduced eta bonus] and protection from 1 alliance only at a time.

Its the same I can create a good example below:
- In FR [Forgotten Realms] well known rpg world.

A Dm [Dungeon Master] who runs the game = [Pa Team]
Creates 6 different Races to play as follow.
*Human
*Elf
*Gnome
*Drow
*Dwarf
*Hafling

One of my players, "let say I`m the Dm of an campaign of FR", chosed to be a Drow and bought a "Drow source book", which explains Drows habits in more details than in the standard D&D players book.

After many years with the same setting of FR, I found out, I cant allow drows into my Campaign as player characters, it ruins and spoils my plots for the future of the party.

I ignore his whining over my decisions, and tries to convince him that its the best for the game and party overall.
However I might be right in such a situation, but for the poor player who had played his Drow character for years will indeed be disapointed, and in the worst cases resign the game.

I felt almost the same at least like this Drow Character when I saw all the changes into 10th with planetarion, and not at least around the {reduced travel time} issue with only 1 alliance at a time. At least for those players who are familier with several alliances each round of planetarion.
Sincerely
Naris
Round 8 Plushlab,Adelante,Nos
Round 9.5 Aesir Hc.
Round 10. Aesir Hc.
Public Channel #Aesir {Guild of the "Blue Wheel alliance party"}
----------------------------------------
http://aesir.rizzo-online.com/
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 01:34   #16
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
You haven't taken the "regional" ETA system into consideration though...and the fact that just because you're in alliance A, doesn't mean someone from alliance B can't help you (if they are in your region, for example, and have a lower ETA than your own alliance would).

There's simply not enough known about the new traveltime to automatically assume it's the end of the world.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 01:57   #17
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
You haven't taken the "regional" ETA system into consideration though..

There's simply not enough known about the new traveltime to automatically assume it's the end of the world.
Well that might be true about the eta issue.

But out of the other minor changes in the pa-team views with our curernt information available right now there is a weakness and it might be alot harder.
Which was mentioned earlier in this thread for less organized players and for a new player to the game itself, or for an ancient player who are used to know the old pa system
Sincerely
Naris
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 02:05   #18
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully Spinner fires up the public beta ASAP, and all our collective questions will be answered...or at least, we'll know fully "what the deal is" with r10.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 02:13   #19
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
tbh, this is how it should be. You cannot be loyal to more then one alliance or bg. Whether Spinner hardcoded it into the game or not, anyone in my alliance will pledge to the "1 alliance policy" or they can go ...
And ask around in like EVERY top alliance, they will most likely pledge to this policy aswell.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 02:42   #20
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
tbh, this is how it should be. You cannot be loyal to more then one alliance or bg. Whether Spinner hardcoded it into the game or not, anyone in my alliance will pledge to the "1 alliance policy" or they can go ...
And ask around in like EVERY top alliance, they will most likely pledge to this policy aswell.

rgds Kj
*nod, you refer to the earlier reply from Maddix, I know it very well as well Kjeldoran.
And I agree you on that statement too, *Every top alliance had/have such important rule since day 1 almost of planetarion.

The only disadvantage is when the pa-team also hardcodes it into the game, if they hardcodes it that is. That must be to make it sure that members stays for good in top and large alliances.

It will be alot harder for the less amount of ppl compare to the entire community who still consider various alliances and perhaps wants to join at least 2 in the same round.

I also speak for relative new pa players, because I got alot of experience with them.
In the earlier days of pa. since round 3.
We spent 2 whole rounds 3-4th of pa to teach up new and decent pa players into the game and learned them how the game and system worked.

Right now I`m as confused as thousends of others out there, how things finally will look like in the end, rumors 10th of September starts the ticks even.
And we are almost in panick *mode} alliance wise, due to less information than usual.
Sincerely
Naris

Last edited by Naris; 28 Aug 2003 at 02:54.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 02:50   #21
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

New players into pa 10th.

Its very often that new players who experience planetarion for the first time often leave as fast after they got more knowledge about the strategic war game and re-joins another alliance to experience other societies alliance wise, I dont see anything wrong with that tbh.
Why this 72 hours thingy was mentioned at all, is well strange for me and confusing, as Spinner mentioned earlier that they like new players into this game. Many as possible that is for rnd 10.
Naris
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 08:02   #22
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
This is like so a extremely stupid reason to leave a alliance. I think u choose a alliance cuz u feel thats where u belong, and u stick to that alliance for better or for worse. Only the selfish idiots jump ship when it goes wrong. I for one will never leave my alliance for any reason that has to do with me playing pa, and the way my alliance looks now i don't see any other reason to leave it either.... Its my home, my family and that is whats more important then my personal achievements. And what good is a alliance when ppl jump ship once it goes wrong? If everyone did that most alliances wouldn't even last 1 round.

OMG WANNIE I LOVE YOU

and wandows has a good point there

(if people feel this is spam then ive to say sorry but i couldnt resist)
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 08:44   #23
Maddix
Imposter?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 150 (limit) version of Spinner..

One thing you are keen to point out Naris are the disadvantages that new players are under when they join a new alliance and then want to move on to 'bigger and better things'. While this is a disadvantage for them it is a huge advantage for the small alliance. Their better players may be more inclined to stay with them (thus improving their standard and performance) than have tackle disadvantages of switching alliances.

Bad for new players in small alliances perhaps, but definately good for small alliances with good players. As with most things it is a two sided coin, but I do see your point of view. The only thing I'd point out with it tho is that its not impossible to change alliances, it just means that there is an 'uncertain' three day period for that player while he waits to be able to join his new alliance. Ample time for his old, abandoned alliance - however small - to do something about him if they so wish

Unread 28 Aug 2003, 09:03   #24
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Not just if they wish it's attractive as you know he will be without any alliance backing up.

Would be fun if people want to change side's: "sure I'll vouch for you" "ah, I've seen you've applied. Well I've changed my mind. I'll go take your roids/destroy your structures instead."
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 11:02   #25
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
tbh the 150 limit is crap to get back to the point. it should be 100, which is way more then enough for a good alliance in a small universe like this and the last rounds...

and people who still complain then should either find a good, decent playing and fun alliance or shouldn't complain about being crap.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 11:09   #26
Gerbie
pe0n

The smaller the alliances, the more difficult it will get for someone new to get in a decent alliance. Espacially if there are any decent anti-blocking measures (I have not heared of any yet). The only solution I see then is to have the average alliance score as one of the determining factors in the score you get for an attack. Or give alliance fund donations for accepting new players. Do something.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 11:55   #27
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 150 (limit) version of Spinner..

Quote:
One thing you are keen to point out Naris are the disadvantages that new players are under when they join a new alliance and then want to move on to 'bigger and better things'. While this is a disadvantage for them it is a huge advantage for the small alliance. Their better players may be more inclined to stay with them (thus improving their standard and performance) than have tackle disadvantages of switching alliances.
Exactly, I fully agree there.

And Naris, Don't you think every alliance will make is as hard as possible for members to leave and go to another alliance? I don't think any command staff is unhappy over the fact that it now is harder for players to leave the alliance in bad times.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:08   #28
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
tbh the 150 limit is crap to get back to the point. it should be 100, which is way more then enough for a good alliance in a small universe like this and the last rounds...

and people who still complain then should either find a good, decent playing and fun alliance or shouldn't complain about being crap.

I concur on the 100 limit per alliance. Currently 150 x10 = 1500 planets = most of the universe. tbh I'd even goto 50 so increase the alliances and competition amongst them.

But regards Naris dislike on hardcoding alliances members limits and offending BG's, Im personally kind of glad. You should be proud of your alliance, proud to fly there flag and fight for them, Not have a secret society which includes your alliances enemies which is prone to members switching sides. Some would call that "two faced & selfish" where you are using your alliance flag for protection and your BG solely to YOUR advantage. Im not saying its bad, just in real war not ethically moral.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:27   #29
Maddix
Imposter?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 150 (limit) version of Spinner..

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
Exactly, I fully agree there.
First time for everything

Unread 28 Aug 2003, 14:48   #30
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Cry baby.

If you don't like the way a game is set up, then don't play.

No need to point fingers to those who make the game and cry about it.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 15:09   #31
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by Terminator2003
Cry baby.

FS. Just when we think you might be gone for good, you pop up and remind us how much of a retard you are

Unread 28 Aug 2003, 15:35   #32
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Terminator2003
Cry baby.

Idiot. People DO leave the game when they don't like it, and that's why there's not even 3k players right now. If there's a problem with the game, it's not the players fault.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 15:50   #33
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
The hardcoded alliance thing is good. If you want to 'experience several alliance cultures' (sounds like spying to me) you have to do them one at a time, no loss to me

On a side note, I'm glad to say that VGN already has enough loyal members who've joined the paid universe to be able to confirm we are good to go for R10
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 16:16   #34
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeus
I concur on the 100 limit per alliance. Currently 150 x10 = 1500 planets = most of the universe. tbh I'd even goto 50 so increase the alliances and competition amongst them.
I agree on the limit of 150 planets in 1 alliance is to much, and 100 would be much bether.. I belive this is an important issue who should be discussed in its own thread, but my english suck to much for me to make that thread
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 20:16   #35
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Quote:
I But regards Naris dislike on hardcoding alliances members limits and offending BG's, Im personally kind of glad. You should be proud of your alliance, proud to fly there flag and fight for them, Not have a secret society which includes your alliances enemies which is prone to members switching sides. Some would call that "two faced & selfish" where you are using your alliance flag for protection and your BG solely to YOUR advantage. Im not saying its bad, just in real war not ethically moral.
*puff puff* pours some coffee into the cup*
Right. where to start.. oh yes Zeus..
hehe, It was amusing written Zeus and indeed creative thoughts, a bit wrong around my own character in pa and my position back into round 3 of pa overall.

I played in such a style in 8th, and I was not alone to do so tbh. I only used such a tactic in round 8th. My goal was top 250 of planetarion for planets, which I was very close to achieve as well.

But I feel I was usually very fair Hc with members who were part of our alliance earlier in pa and those are members now.
And I`m far from selfish in my opinion of course

Alright I think the ethic moral and ppl views on that issue in war game like pa is a interesting topic.
Each round we steel roids of various alliances, to get the highest possible amount with score and ships, Pa Is and Was all about roids and ships with tactical differences in the various pa races.

Psst!, I`m an Uncle for the first time in my life, my sister got a boy only matter of hours ago

Sincerely
Naris
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 20:48   #36
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Psst!, I`m an Uncle for the first time in my life, my sister got a boy only matter of hours ago

Congratulations!!!

Btw, Planetarion is no longer about ship & roids. THats not what gets you the top rankings, which is what you desire. Its about attacking & defending, as that is what gets you the score now. Not roids & ships. So with this change in the game, perhaps change your playing style a tiny bit more and stick to one allaince and fight for/with it only? Hey! who knows you might even enjoy AND appreciate it!!
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 22:57   #37
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Congratulations!!!

Btw, Planetarion is no longer about ship & roids.
To any 'old' player that is terribly ironic, as PA was always mostly about ships and roids. Not that it's bad thing, it's just a shame.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 00:52   #38
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
To any 'old' player that is terribly ironic, as PA was always mostly about ships and roids. Not that it's bad thing, it's just a shame.
It might be ironic, but it was time for changes and completely different strategies around the score issue in pax.
I must agree Zeus and his views around the in-game alliances as well when we talked about it on pa irc earlier in #planetarion.
It will be alot easier for new and unknown players to pax and planetarion to start wub the game as we did for ages it seems in good or bad times guild/alliance wise

It might be diffecult and it might be challenging than ever before we were used to earlier, but that is one of the concepts of pax and future of planetarion.

We will see new concepts alliance wise, I like to name some other organizations as Guilds and perhaps Minining Cooperations guided by Hc`s to work out several new strategies into the game we have never seen before in The relative Old Pa history.
Round 8 Plushlab,Adelante,Nos
Round 9.5 Aesir Hc.
Round 10. Aesir Hc.
Public Channel #Aesir {Guild of the "Blue Wheel alliance party"}
----------------------------------------
http://aesir.rizzo-online.com/
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 02:28   #39
Zeus
True Gamer

"Minining Cooperations" mow theres something to think about the future
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 19:44   #40
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
Idiot. People DO leave the game when they don't like it, and that's why there's not even 3k players right now. If there's a problem with the game, it's not the players fault.
That is bull**** and you know it.

When this game was *free* tons of people played it.

If Planetarion X was free, tons of people *would* play it.

Don't blame it on the game itself, but on the players (who are generally whiners and cheaters).
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 19:52   #41
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

We will see new concepts alliance wise, I like to name some other organizations as Guilds and perhaps Minining Cooperations guided by Hc`s to work out several new strategies into the game we have never seen before in The relative Old Pa history.
Why not throw in some fancy gfx and call it Eve Offline
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 20:50   #42
Lord_Olrik
PiaZava's Son

Lord_Olrik is an unknown quantity at this point
coz eve sucks ?
Proud to have been Bull

[03:54] <PiaZava> let me know if you need someone to do your dictation, I can even wear a skirt
Lord_Olrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 21:01   #43
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackal2112
That is bull**** and you know it.

When this game was *free* tons of people played it.

If Planetarion X was free, tons of people *would* play it.

Don't blame it on the game itself, but on the players (who are generally whiners and cheaters).
It's bull**** indd. There's not even 2k players.

If it were free then there would be like 10k people playing it. But probably less then in r9.5.

And if you want something improved then you need to whine about it. That's how this works. I made plenty of suggestions for a better game. I whined about the cheaters. The cheaters got dealt with. The game... well, your free to disagree on the game. But it's kinda weird that you play to get score and have no idea what is a good strategy to get score. I just know bashing still works. And I know I die without gaining anything if I don't send enough overkill. I don't know any other strategies.
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 04:37   #44
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

But regards Naris dislike on hardcoding alliances members limits and offending BG's, Im personally kind of glad. You should be proud of your alliance, proud to fly there flag and fight for them, Not have a secret society which includes your alliances enemies which is prone to members switching sides. Some would call that "two faced & selfish" where you are using your alliance flag for protection and your BG solely to YOUR advantage. Im not saying its bad, just in real war not ethically moral.
I don't think you get it Zeus.

No offense but a 50 limit would just be ridicolous. You would probably end up just annoying a majority of current alliances and cause them to either adapt or leave. Neither would achieve what you want since the adapation would be for that alliance to still function together.

I shave my doubts on 100. I still think 150 is optimal but then if PA numbers have been falling as badly as everyone thinks then 100 may be the new alliance thing. I just havent been around to really notice or get involved in things.

Limiting alliances to different numbers wont create more unique alliances which is what PA needs for the political arena.

But perhaps for PA's sake I will be proved wrong.

Quote:

And Naris, Don't you think every alliance will make is as hard as possible for members to leave and go to another alliance? I don't think any command staff is unhappy over the fact that it now is harder for players to leave the alliance in bad times.
In general its alliance rep and community that keep players from leaving. Personal planet score and stuff also etc.

But I do contest your last sentence. I am unhappy over the fact its harder to leave an alliance. I much rather prefer knowing all my current members actually want to be there rather than having a situation where a percentage of the membership dont want to be there but are stuck due to hardcoded reasons.

Sometimes entering bad times is what an alliance needs to get rid of the ship jumpers and such. Don't make them stay. I don't want them.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 08:33   #45
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Sometimes entering bad times is what an alliance needs to get rid of the ship jumpers and such. Don't make them stay. I don't want them.
hehe that's SO true
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2003, 19:14   #46
Anon
Chief Smoks

Anon is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm

IM inclined to believe that this hardcoding 150 members kinda hurts the smaller allainces as the bigger allainces are gonna have better overall players which brings meh to a quote Always outnumbered never outgunned Now the new allainces will beh outgunned and wont beh able to out number the better allainces therefore blowing there only real chance. Also say i get mad at my allaince real pissed off and i decide to leave they come and bash meh knowing i dont have an allaince for atleast 72hours who is this really helping not the allaince cause i would of left if there was a 72 hour period or not it jsut gives them apple time to bash meh into the ground and as far as your if you choose an allaince then you should win or lose with them which is bull this came is centered around polotics, strategic moves, Skill, and intel on other allainces making this 72 hours period destroys about 3 of those options left to only have enuff skill which again brings meh to the 150 only thing. the only peopel with skill are gonna beh in the powerhouses so now for the average player they pay to lose wow what fun that is

Simple Xan Economics
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 21:23   #47
Parthos
lippy bint

Parthos is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
The hardcoded alliance thing is good. If you want to 'experience several alliance cultures' (sounds like spying to me) you have to do them one at a time, no loss to me

On a side note, I'm glad to say that VGN already has enough loyal members who've joined the paid universe to be able to confirm we are good to go for R10
I'm gonna miss VGN
12:17 AM: Cochese: if PA team was a liquor, they'd be that plastic-half gallon for $8 stuff
Parthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 17:40   #48
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
blah blah, I am a alliance jumping wanna be l33t bg player.

Naris
if you were in my alliance i would kick u and never have u back.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 09:10   #49
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
No u wouldnt have Naris in your alliance.

Cause Naris has his own alliance, that he worked hard on, and tbh without smaller alliances like his, this game certainly wouldnt of lasted as long as it has.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote