User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 19 Jun 2005, 20:45   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
ID3 2.3 tags

So I've got my entire music collection in iTunes, and iTunes uses the id3 2.3 tag format.

I want to get all the id tags of lesser versions the same (as much as possible) as the id3.2 tags.

Any suggestions?

(osx, linux or windows).

Last edited by Weeks; 19 Jun 2005 at 21:05.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 21:47   #2
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: ID 3.2 tags

I used a GREAT tool once, that could easily do this, as well as derive id3 tags from filenames and rename files to meet the tags, and so on.
Regular expressions where supportet and so on.

There must be thousands of similar tools out there.

I searched my old download archive and found various programs, unfortunately I can't remember the great one I used.
Names are:
  • id3lib-3.8.0.zip (seems to be for programming purposes)
  • mp3tagedit.zip
  • mp3tag-setup.exe
  • id3tag.zip

Or a programm called "MP3 Commander" maybe?
Sorry really, can't remember and can't be bothered to install and test. Google away!
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 22:51   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: ID 3.2 tags

Maybe EasyTag?
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 07:54   #4
goggel
Blah

goggel is on a distinguished road

MediaMonkey??
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 09:21   #5
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I made util that did this once, but it got lost in a HDD crash.

If you want a manual way to do it, use Winamp's Copy from ID3v1 feature.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 13:15   #6
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

Tag&Rename is the answer.
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote