User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 May 2004, 00:39   #1
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
How much are you worth?

Imagine your body is an "entity" that is owned by a company. You can be bought and sold on an open market. If you are bought the person buying you either has to pay a price for you, or the company has to pay him for buying you (think about how companies end up being bought for £1 etc. due to the debts the other companies have to pay off).

Edit: Tacticus is being a pedant. So also assume that when the trade has been made you become a slave. Your current job goes, there are no future earnings, you can't inherit any future money etc..

To calculate add up your assets and savings minus your liabilities.

Rules:

Assets - in this case is your personal property. Calculate an approximate value for everything that you own (e.g your computer might be worth £300 and your clothes about £200). Add these all together but do account if possible for deprecation. I.e your £1000 computer bought 3 years ago wont be worth £1000 today. A rough approximation should be fine. Remember these assets have to be in YOUR name. As in tomorrow you could pick them up sell them and the cash goes straight into your account. Don't worry so much if they cant be liquidated easily, its more important that they are your personal assets.

Liabilities - loans, personal debts, mortgages etc

Savings/Current - Anything that you hold in either savings or bank current account held in YOUR name, such that you have full access to the account. N.B anything that is held in a trust fund, or not in your name should not be included. Inheritance money should NOT be included as if it is still considered inheritance money then it is not in your name until your parents die. If they are already dead, or have given you the money - then include it. Also don't include your projected earnings for the end of the year. Only include what you have at the moment. One more thing - Savings/Current also includes money that people owe you. So if you lent £1k to a friend, increase your savings/current by £1k

Again to emphasize, when working out your own personal net worth, don't include anything that you are yet to inherit, or is held in your name and you will eventually inherit. You wealth doesn't include your parents house (even if you are a lone child and will get it after they die). It doesn't include that £100k trust fund daddy set up for you etc.. Reason for this is that parents might hate you tomorrow and take you out of their will.

My net worth:

Assets = 4500

Savings/Current = 3900

Liabilities = 6500

net worth = £1900

Last edited by Zar; 10 May 2004 at 02:27.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 00:53   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: How much are you worth?

Assets : £1,000 (optimistic price for everything I own)

Savings : £0

Liabilities : -£21,000 (approx, I'm not sure exactly on a couple of debts)

Net Worth : -£20,000

It wouldn't matter if you included inheritance or not, since I don't think there is anyone currently alive who would plan to give me anything.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 01:00   #3
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Assets: Between £4500 and £5000

Savings: £1500

Liabilities: 0

I have my parents to thank for this, paying for my universities fees and giving me a decent amount to live off each month. Also got lucky buying a first editition of a Harry Potter hardback for £10 years ago which is supposedly worth over £1500 now.
Unread 10 May 2004, 01:25   #4
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Noctu is on a distinguished road

Assets: £5-6000.
Savings: £50,000
Liabilities: 0.
Noctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 01:35   #5
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: How much are you worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
This is calculated by adding up your assets and savings minus your liabilities.
Any calculation which doesn't include any sort of estimate of future earnings is completely worthless for calculating a mythical sales/purchase price, especially considering the relatively young average age of this forum.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 01:37   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Any calculation which doesn't include any sort of estimate of future earnings is completely worthless for calculating a mythical sales/purchase price, especially considering the relatively young average age of this forum.
Don't be gay
Unread 10 May 2004, 01:41   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At the minute, about -£5k, and by the time I finish uni nearer -£11k
Unread 10 May 2004, 01:52   #8
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
At the minute, about -£5k, and by the time I finish uni nearer -£11k
Emphasis.

I agree with Tact though.

Last edited by queball; 10 May 2004 at 02:00.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 01:54   #9
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Somewhere in the same region as Dante

Assets: £500 is probably being optimistic

Savings: £0.04 (I have a separate account for this mountain of cash)

Liabilities: ~ £22,500

Net Worth: -£22,000
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 02:20   #10
BeeKiller
Theh Muffin Man \o/

BeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the rough

Assets: £5000-£6000 (lets say £5500)

Savings: £1000 (unless i spent it while drunk)

Liabilities: £20000 (by the end of my degree)

Net Worth: - £13500

Sucks to be me huh?
R4: Seal left to ReCon then TRT (ReBorn)
R5-8: Don't remember exact order, but, ReBorn, Silver, Legends
R9: Didn't Play
R9.5-11: FAnG Defence Genius & later HC
R12: LCH Defence Genius
R13 and beyond: Angels Genius
BeeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 02:27   #11
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Assets: 1500 USD
Saving: 300 USD
Net worth: 1800 USD

Im a rich fag =)
Unread 10 May 2004, 02:33   #12
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Assets: £1000
Savings: £0
Liabilities: £3800

Net Worth: -£2800

I am quite thankful that I chose to do a sandwich degree course. In about one months time I start work in a department of the Home Office meaning my savings will increase slightly, and my liabilities decrease.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 02:45   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Assets: £700
Savings: £100
Liabilities: £(3200)

Net Worth: £(1400)

Oh noes.
Unread 10 May 2004, 02:55   #14
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

assets: £1000
savings: £800
liabilities: £ 4400

net worth: -£2600

not much really but i reckon i could be broken up and sold seperately, my kidneys, lungs, heart etc. must be worth a bit of money...
Unread 10 May 2004, 03:15   #15
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm seeing a definite link between people who regularly write on GD, and a negative worth.

If only it was on a website, then we could prove it was a real statistic
Unread 10 May 2004, 03:18   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I'm seeing a definite link between people who regularly write on GD, and a negative worth.

If only it was on a website, then we could prove it was a real statistic
Good god man I didn't realise you also did wit!
Unread 10 May 2004, 04:00   #17
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i couldn't begin to calculate my stuff.

i suspect I have about £1500 in clothes and shoes alone

then i have books dvd's tv's computers consoles crappy crap more crap.

i have no savings though, but i do have the student loan. which puts me at about - £4500 if my assests are worth 4500 and my loan over three years is 9000.

*sigh*
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 09:53   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Yeah but for the purpose of simple calculations like this, it's difficult to work out future earnings (especially for people still during study). Plus you'd need to include future living expenses and things like the housing market are pretty hard to predict for the next forty years or so.

On current trends I'll be penniless forever. :\
Unread 10 May 2004, 09:56   #19
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
On current trends I'll be penniless forever. :\
your a communist, what use is money to you ? :P
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 10 May 2004, 09:58   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
your a communist, what use is money to you ? :P
I am a communist; my creditors/landlady/etc however, are not.
Unread 10 May 2004, 10:00   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

assets £2000
savings £0
liabilities £10000
net worth £-8000

although give me 2 years and i will be back to £0 again! yey!
Unread 10 May 2004, 10:28   #22
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Assets : 3000 kr
Savings : 2500 kr
Liabilites : -500 kr
People: 5000 kr (ca £415)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:14   #23
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

Assets : $700-800 NZD
Savings : $3000 NZD
Liabilities : $5400 NZD(roughly)
Total Worth : -$1600 NZD
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:27   #24
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Good god man I didn't realise you also did wit!
I'm also available for parties!
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:27   #25
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my car kinda bumps up what im worth a considerable amount......
and not having debt helps too \o/

as for the other stuff. i have no clue what everything is worth. probably a couple of grands worth of computers/books/tv's/consoles etc etc
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 12:43   #26
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

assets $3,000
savings $2,000
liabilities $28,000
Net Worth: -$23,000

:/ I suck

:gollum: <-- he's wealthier than I
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:59   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Assets: £1000 (? I dunno really)
Savings: £750

Net worth: £1750, plus whatever my parents/grandparents are saving for me, but I've no idea what that is.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:46   #28
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

how tha hell do you people manage to be in so much debt??
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:48   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Because we have to pay for things like rent, and other studenty things.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:52   #30
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Because we have to pay for things like rent, and other studenty things.
I have to pay for that too, but i work...
and my uni is for free....
it rocks to live in this country
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:52   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
and my uni is for free....
Quite of a lot of the debt will be student loan, which isn't 'regular' debt.
Unread 10 May 2004, 18:03   #32
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Quite of a lot of the debt will be student loan, which isn't 'regular' debt.
here in my lovely country we have public unis, which dont charge a penny and they are better than the paid ones. How cool is that?
Unread 10 May 2004, 18:10   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
here in my lovely country we have public unis, which dont charge a penny and they are better than the paid ones. How cool is that?
We used to have a social education system.
Unread 10 May 2004, 22:31   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
how tha hell do you people manage to be in so much debt??
I suspect my rent is slightly higher than yours. Plus, I spent a lot of money on books/dvds/tvs/computer stuff/etc which I've subsequently broken/lost/given away.
Unread 10 May 2004, 23:36   #35
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Assests: £1500(ish)

Savings: -£1100

Liabilities: -£10700 (of which £6700 is student loans and £3000 is money i owe my parents)

Net Worth = -£10300

PLD ME!!!!1111111111
Unread 10 May 2004, 23:51   #36
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is far to simple to actually get your worth. Your not even calculating in Assets correctly. The correct way to find asset worth is to claim its purchase price. So, if you bought a car you would declare it as a 15,000 dollar asset at purchase and in accounting it would worth 15,000 till you went to get rid of it. That is when you have to use (Will insert word later, brain fart)

Don't forget, Friends that owe you money. The money they owe you is an asset as well.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 23:56   #37
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ohhhhh yeah i owe my siblings about £850 too (thanks for the reminder Intrepid).
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:01   #38
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

I see a link between students and negative worth.
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:02   #39
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
So, if you bought a car you would declare it as a 15,000 dollar asset at purchase and in accounting it would worth 15,000 till you went to get rid of it.
It's been a long time since I studied Business, but surely you have to then include depreceation costs as a liability if you're declaring the purchase value as an asset?
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:04   #40
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
I see a link between students and negative worth.

It's probably got something to do with the whole cost of education lack of earning type thing for 4 or so years of a person life probably.
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:21   #41
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Assets : £102,000
Savings : £13,000
Liabilities : -£8,004.99

Net Worth : £106,995.01

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:23   #42
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
It's been a long time since I studied Business, but surely you have to then include depreceation costs as a liability if you're declaring the purchase value as an asset?
Not till your not owning them anymore through sale or trashing. That is also the word.
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:24   #43
Dace
so f*cking zen

How the **** are you worth so much Zhil?

Are you old or something?

Have you rented out your arse for years?
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:30   #44
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
How the **** are you worth so much Zhil?

Are you old or something?

Have you rented out your arse for years?
House with no mortgage on it which has doubled in value in my area over the last 5 years. I put that as £100,000, although they are selling at just over that (across the 'street' sold for around £126,000 a week ago)

I used to live with my parents, then they buggered off north. Left me the house down here to continue my studies at university.

My liabilities is student loan and credit card.

My savings consist of an ISA account, a main account and another thingy account where I put in some money I received from some insurance company. Letting it gain interest.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:32   #45
Dace
so f*cking zen

Are the house deeds in your name?

Also how old are you?

ANSWERS PLEASE
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:34   #46
Zh|l
Inquisitor

One of the names, to stop my father from kicking me out and forcing me to get a better job.

I am 22.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:35   #47
Dace
so f*cking zen

Where do you work atm?
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:35   #48
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Where do you work atm?
Game Stores Group Ltd.

I work around 20 hours a week.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:36   #49
Dace
so f*cking zen

Actually i might as well go the whole hog ... A/S/L???//////
Unread 11 May 2004, 00:37   #50
Intrepid00

Since when does age matter Dace?

I know, I know