User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:22   #1
Jawloms

Jawloms is an unknown quantity at this point
Unlocking mobile phones

I have a Nokia 8310 which is locked to the UK Orange network. I've ended my contract early and Orange say they will unlock the phone for me at the bargain price of only *20!! I know it is unlocked by entering a code into the phone which is related in someway to the IMEI number. Does anyone know how I can figure out what this code is or somewhere which may tell me how?

Thanks

Jawloms
Jawloms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:26   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Unlocking mobile phones

why do you need to unlock it?

surely just joining another network plan = free phone.

Also most of them require you to hook them up to a PC via a datacable and then a program unlocks it for you. Googling usually provides answers
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:37   #3
Jawloms

I need to unlock it because I want to use it on the o2 network now pay-as-you-go. o2 do a SIM for 10 which gives you 300 text messages a month free so long as you top up with at least 10 per month, but of course for a tenner you don't get a phone with it.

I've tried googling and it just comes back with thousands of adverts for people who want to charge me money to unlock the phone by them e-mailing me the code once I've told them the IMEI. All I want to know is how do they figure out this code so that I can do it instead!
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:38   #4
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

pm me your imei (*#06#) [relax there is nothing harmful i can do with it] and i'll give you the unlock code (each phone has a different unlock code - that is related to the imei)
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:38   #5
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
why do you need to unlock it?

Before it became illegal to do I got a phone unlocked on the local market.

This enabled me to sign up to an O2 sim only contract, saving 5/month for the life of the contract.

Also you can also buy pay as you go sim cards...
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:42   #6
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

hurry jawloms - ive got to go to uni in 15 mins
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:45   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No it doesn't, it just means you pay more for the phone and monthly.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:51   #8
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Give me the IMEI and I can get it done for you, free.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:52   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
Before it became illegal to do I got a phone unlocked on the local market.

This enabled me to sign up to an O2 sim only contract, saving 5/month for the life of the contract.

Also you can also buy pay as you go sim cards...
Its not illegal to unlock phones btw.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:54   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I should bloody well hope it's not illegal for people to mess around with their own stuff.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 09:58   #11
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I should bloody well hope it's not illegal for people to mess around with their own stuff.
im sure ive read somewhere that in one country (or a state in the usa) it is illegal to play with yourself (masturbate)
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 10:04   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fortunately we live in an enlightened country.

(lol)
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 10:11   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

probably utah
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 10:20   #14
Jawloms

The power of the forums pays off again! Thanks to Zar for the code I was after.

The only issue I've come across with unlocking phones is that some companies say it will invalidate the warranty.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 11:01   #15
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
pm me your imei (*#06#) [relax there is nothing harmful i can do with it] and i'll give you the unlock code (each phone has a different unlock code - that is related to the imei)
So how do you find the unlocking code from this IMEI number?

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 11:17   #16
JammyJim
Godfather

http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct4free.html

google always provides answers if people looked.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 11:20   #17
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Quote:
http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct4free.html

google always provides answers if people looked.
That page is just a load of garbage? An extract of what I see below.

Quote:
\wƶ޵?ɢO - '>qͧ,* uH麷-Qffўj(r'%ΓJ)|Tοfy<l8 ”i=ܴ?:]xw*F'ht1`c7H o4n}hM;:?e4jwViAʃ_FA*)6?aé'<=Zr~k^}*ۻ[/0F!ʾn3 S_^On+U]5WM*jUMjUMV jUӤ{jUS`fjU+,*U**Tm'RԪX eՂɰ6PZ;D@8AykG'zU4''hHyt/&ı9 W;SkF %}H)Nр,>mie(5b~GD~ӴR*VC ,="E[mtc:J;AAJns*jA\*XU*>Z~rD+)ϱpZIsQ|mp7SyɓzYt߰al2nrڪmzi2I VPQ**ЖsV 0P|ļpH6~4 ?ϦHu|%! |,&&WgnT6TU`}Jpڢ(TL  oH,fwm7,>Qq,kGdP=h҉
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 11:23   #18
MrPeach

Hmmm. I got to it by following links through the page, it seems that if you link to it externally it scrambles it. Odd.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 12:03   #19
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Like the software you buy >.<
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 13:19   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciduous
Like the software you buy >.<
I've only bought blank CD's recently, but they're all legal.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:54   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

that page works fine for me
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:44   #22
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Phone companies charge fortunes for unlocking. Theyre selling ignorance, nothing more.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 00:08   #23
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Its illegal to change the IMEI number, but not to unlock the phone
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 02:18   #24
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
That page is just a load of garbage? An extract of what I see below.

use a browser that can see it?
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 09:52   #25
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
that page works fine for me
using opera