User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 19:14   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
T in the Park 2007

So i bought my ticket the day after i came back from titp 2006, because its pretty much the furthest away get from Glasgow/Stirling all year being as i dont holiday and dont seem to get away from this country.

The problem is the line up, objectively and subjectively, is pretty shit.

From an objective point of view you cant really go from the Red hot chili peppers and the Who to the Killers and Snow Patrol and expect people to buy that shit. It doesnt matter what you think about RHCP or the Who, they are objectively bigger and better bands who draw more; and seeing them is a real spectacle - in the case of the Who, its almost a once in a lifetime experience for someone of our generation.

Subjectively; im sure theres a lot of hidden gems in the line up. But im terrible at getting into new music, especially new indie. I HATE listening to stuff i dont know when im at festivals and drunk/stoned/pilled off my face; i cant imagine anything more boring. I want to dance like an asshole and sing like the songs are written about me. So i will not be 'popping along to see if X or Y are any use', its not pokemon, this isnt a how many bands can you see contest.

At this moment in time, im only going to see Bloc Party (Friday), The Arcade Fire (Saturday) and Kings of Leon (Sunday). EDIT : Yeah who am i kidding i'm going to see James as well.

So what im asking, while i still have time left, is who should i 'get in to' ? Who is any use? Im not interested in bland indie, it needs a gimmick of some sort to even stand a chance with me so rule out anything acoustic or done before.

Bands you can **** off if you think im even going to consider going anywhere near:

Arctic Monkeys
The Coral
Lily Allen
The Killers (used to like them but their time has passed and they are shit live)
The Kooks
My Chemical Romance
Babyshambles
Jamie T
Snow Patrol (who doesnt know snow patrol. i dont hate them, but im only going along if im really bored ala travis in previous years)
Scissor Sisters
The Fratellis (scotland in overrating its bands complete non shocker)
Paulo Nutini (scotland in overrating its bands complete non shocker)
Googoo Dolls
Maximo Park
Mika
Tori Amos (banshee. dont tell the lesbian i said this though )
Ash
Director
The Twang

Rest of the Line up so far is as follows.

SATURDAY 7 JULY Line-up (Click to Expand)

Main Stage

James Morrison

Radio 1/NME Stage

CSS

King Tut's Tent

The View

Klaxons

Pet Sounds Arena

The Saw Doctors

Slam Tent

Booka Shade

AME

SUNDAY 8 JULY Line-up (Click to Expand)

Radio 1/NME Stage

Kasabian

Interpol

The Gossip

King Tut's Tent

Editors

Pet Sounds Arena

Damien Rice

Amy Winehouse

Slam Tent

Dave Clarke

Slam

Hardfloor

Digitalism

Soundstream/Soundhack

UNSPECIFIED DAY Line-up (Click to Expand)

Unspecified stage (NOT CONFIRMED EITHER)

The Blizzards

Fall Out Boy

The Immediate

Duke Special

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

The Rakes

Royseven

I realise ive ruled out most of the line up but thats because most of the line up is for fannies.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in

Last edited by Deffeh; 6 Mar 2007 at 19:29.
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote