User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 23:37   #1
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Apocalypse now revisited - truth surfaces

So I saw this AN again, well its not like ive seen that before, i just had some snapshots in my mind, when it was on the telly, but i rent the DVD apocalypse now - redux and OMG what a great movie

for the first time the arrogance of the americans was treated properly. In ww2 movies there was always that image of germans and japaneses as the possesors of unbreakable spirits, fierce determination, respect to the chains of comand, teamwork etc
while the americans where a bunch of cowboys, having fun, shooting everyone, making fun of the higher ranks, dancing and applauding the playboy bunnies, getting drunk, being a rockin roller or something like that.

and they always get to win, what is ridiculous.

the same idea is behind the nerdsXporkies, or so, those movies from the 80s where people who where determined, had endurance, made efforts where hostilized and always end up being ****ed up, while the one that partied all the time, and where "smart", would always suceed

well AN certainly put an end to that. And it was ****ing brilliant.
"The idea Of R&R for the regular VC was a bow of cold rice with rat meat, while the marines where drinking beer, dancing in shows, having pizza, all sorts of fun"

General Kurtz was the typical "nerd" in the above mentioned sense, and he just went mad with the stupidity of US forces, and lies, freaking lies.

I found extremely amusing that scene with the frenchs
when martin sheen asks "why dont you go home, to france"
and the frenchie replies " you dont understand us, you dont get our mentality. WW2 we lose, indochina we lose, algeria we lose. We are not coming back. Either victory or we die here trying"
hehehe i didnt realized the frenchs realized they were big fat losers a long time ago
anyways
great movie, excelent in dept considerations on the american society
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 01:54   #2
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

"It's fiction, Jim."
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 04:25   #3
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't watch many movies do you?
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 04:33   #4
Muslim
Banned

FYI i have seen 60% of the top 250 rated movies of all time, including 80% of the top ten of usimdb.com

out of curiosity why you said this?
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 05:09   #5
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Because I don't agree with your description of Americans in all movies. Watch Revenge of the Nerds and you'll see the "popular" people being beaten I guess you could say, by the nerds. Funny movie too.

The constant American bashing tends to get to me at night when I'm tired.
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 05:28   #6
Muslim
Banned

well the so called american bashing is obvious on almost every movie USSRXUSA too
see the star wars
rebel alliance=usa
empire=ussr
empire=WHITE, CLEAN TIDY = LOSS
rebel alliance=COLOFULL, CHEERFULL, MESSY = VICTORY

see top gun

its so obvious
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 06:00   #7
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
well the so called american bashing is obvious on almost every movie USSRXUSA too
see the star wars
rebel alliance=usa
empire=ussr
empire=WHITE, CLEAN TIDY = LOSS
rebel alliance=COLOFULL, CHEERFULL, MESSY = VICTORY

see top gun

its so obvious

Get off the drugs please, Oh wait it happen in a movie so it must be true !
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote