User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:05   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Dear Compaq

Dear Compaq ... or HP , im not sure, youre confusing me already

Id like to complain about your customer service. This would be the customer service which, when i attempt to input my system serial number and identification to your website, tells me i cannot access that page because it does not exist.

This would be your technical support online which, when i attempt to access it from the UK , tells me "You cannot access this webpage from your country"

And

This would be your phone support which works 8-6 , which is the hours i work, hence i cannot phone. So i phone the number for your premium support line, explain my problem, and a trained monkey called Jane tells me "Well , we have out of hours tech support if you phone the US". And when i ask "Did you just seriously tell me to phone the US to get tech support" , and she confirms "Yes , that is correct".

Id like to ask "How exactly do you ever get customers coming back when your website goes out of its way to prevent you sending any questions , and your tech support line is only open when 99% of your customers are at work" ..... and i have to confess im completely lost for answers.

Im not sure this message will get a response from your support centre, so to give them extra incentive , ive attached a GIF of a bunch of Banana's , so the monkeys have some extra motivation.

Yours Sincerely
Steve McGuinness
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:08   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
lolly roffle
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:09   #3
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
this isn't compaq, it's planetarion
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:10   #4
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Look its your ****ing fault for getting a compaq related product in the first place, its like a double punishment.

First they trick retards like you to buy there product and then deny them customer service, its easy.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:10   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
you get what you deserve for buying compaq trash
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:21   #6
Lord Talon

Lord Talon is an unknown quantity at this point
hey Kura, I work at a place that services & sells compaq. I can't promise anything, but what did you need?
Lord Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:30   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Talon
hey Kura, I work at a place that services & sells compaq. I can't promise anything, but what did you need?

to know why after 3 weeks , the battery on my N1015 Notebook stopped working, and yet the system works just fine if im on mains power.

Is it just a fux0red battery ,and if so , how and where do i get a new one , bearing in mind the system is still under warranty for another 11 months.
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:35   #8
Lord Talon

I'll check with our on site tech who works on them to see what he recommends.
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:40   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Talon
I'll check with our on site tech who works on them to see what he recommends.

Hopefully he will recommend a way in which i get the battery replaced for nothing as its under warranty.

If i have to pay for Postage to send this back , itll be nearly £30 , and thats IF i send it from the IOM.
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:40   #10
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Compaq really piss me off

About 3 months ago I naively thought that perhaps with the HP/Compaq merger that there was a chance that their notebooks would improve from the overprised and unreliable pieces of **** they used to be so I got a nice expensive P4 2ghz Evo something. After about 2 days the hard drive had developed bad sectors, after the 3rd day the LCD screen was intermittenly failing. After a week the battery had failed but I wasnt too bothered, as on the 4th day I had dug out my lovely sexy Vaio back out from its retirement home under the desk and was blissfully ignoring the overprised and unreliable piece of **** compaq.

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 19:44   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio

About 3 months ago I naively thought that perhaps with the HP/Compaq merger that there was a chance that their notebooks would improve from the overprised and unreliable pieces of **** they used to be so I got a nice expensive P4 2ghz Evo something. After about 2 days the hard drive had developed bad sectors, after the 3rd day the LCD screen was intermittenly failing. After a week the battery had failed but I wasnt too bothered, as on the 4th day I had dug out my lovely sexy Vaio back out from its retirement home under the desk and was blissfully ignoring the overprised and unreliable piece of **** compaq.

Vaio

I figured you for a Vaio user.

Have you bothered getting Tech Support or a refund on your system?
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 20:02   #12
Lord Talon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Hopefully he will recommend a way in which i get the battery replaced for nothing as its under warranty.

If i have to pay for Postage to send this back , itll be nearly £30 , and thats IF i send it from the IOM.

heh, if you could get the battery to me he said he'd get a new one for you, but since I'm in Iowa (middle of the us), that might not be practical ;/

he looked out on compaq's site for any known issues but didn't find anything. his feeling was that it was probably a bad battery, although it could be a bad transformer? board. unfortunately he also said you are kind of stuck having to go through channels in order to get service (or lack thereof). I wish I could have been more help to you.
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 20:18   #13
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
As a representative of the support buisness

HA-HA
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 20:23   #14
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 20:56   #15
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
steve? hahaha
im doing the same except it is for blizzard
they have the crappiest costumer support system i hope they all die
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:01   #16
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
steve? hahaha
im doing the same except it is for blizzard
they have the crappiest costumer support system i hope they all die
hay why are you asking for blizzard support?
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:11   #17
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
hay why are you asking for blizzard support?
I lost my case for warcraft3 and i have the game installed and i get to play it for now, but if the computer is formated i cant install again becouse the key was written in the case, which is lost

i asked if there is any way of retrieving the key from my system, which should be somewhere in the registry
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:24   #18
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I mever had a case for warcraft3 and i downloaded the game and installed and i can't get to play it for now, but if lie that the computer is to be formated i can't install again becouse the key was written in the case, which I never had

i asked if there is any way of getting a new key from them, which should be given me, but I ain't that mutch of a good liar
FIXED FOR YOU MR KAZAA

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:32   #19
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I figured you for a Vaio user.

Have you bothered getting Tech Support or a refund on your system?
I had it returned to the supplier who told me that out of a batch of 20 they had 15 returned

Oddly enought, out of the 19 Compaq desktops I have been buying for the last year or so we have had only 1 failure and that was one of those 'Mind that cup of water near the computer, what computer, oh bugger' incidents and the Prosignia 500 server that we used to use as a proxy server lasted over 4 years without incident and needed only the occasional update related reboot. It only 'passed away' when someone decided to see if one of those processor upgrade thingies worked. It didnt and neither did the machine afterwards unfortunately. It even survived a slight fall down a flight of stairs in the best tradition of the Metropoliton police

but I will never ever buy a Compaq (or HP) laptop again. Sony may be more expensive but they do work and one day I wil be able to afford my 3rd.

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:32   #20
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by XeeThot
FIXED FOR YOU MR KAZAA
if i get those stupid keys i cant play on battle net
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:39   #21
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
if i get those stupid keys i cant play on battle net
Why dont just buy a LEGAL copy of the game now that you are good on it?

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:43   #22
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by XeeThot
Why dont just buy a LEGAL copy of the game now that you are good on it?
hey I BOUGHT THE GAME HENCE "HAVING THE CASE OF THE GAME" AND I LOST THE KEY, THE ORIGINAL ONE, THE ONE THAT GETS ME IN BATTLE.NET

i paid 88 reais on that, go slow
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:52   #23
Costa
Banned

Costa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
hey I BOUGHT THE GAME HENCE "HAVING THE CASE OF THE GAME" AND I LOST THE KEY, THE ORIGINAL ONE, THE ONE THAT GETS ME IN BATTLE.NET

i paid 88 reais on that, go slow
im a nice person

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III

sorry you still havent resolved the problem kura
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:58   #24
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
I lost my case for warcraft3 and i have the game installed and i get to play it for now, but if the computer is formated i cant install again becouse the key was written in the case, which is lost

i asked if there is any way of retrieving the key from my system, which should be somewhere in the registry
i was askin cuz i had to have words with ther support on wc3 as well.

i should have just downloaded it because buying it left me with a cd that assumed it was copied (cuz apparently my cd-rom drive was the wrong brand or somesuch). so i had to reinstall it like 15 times, and every once in a while it would work. but if i ever opened the cd drive, it would go back to thinking it was stolen; uninstall, reinstall, etc.

and also cuz i never was interestified in playing online.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 22:02   #25
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Costa
im a nice person

no
the lanhouse-friendly policy of blizzard made them hife their keys deep deep down somewhere out of my reach
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 04:40   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Costa
im a nice person

IRONY IS

I turned it on tonight and it booted just fine. However as soon as i load it tomorrow, i know it wont work.
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 04:46   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Our mods are online at 5am!
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 05:11   #28
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Our mods are online at 5am!
So are multihunters!

Not that it matters, but still.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 05:24   #29
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Customer Support reporting in.

oh, and mod, hunter etc.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 05:58   #30
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio

Vaio
Hey, you made my case!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 12:37   #31
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Hey Kura. Heres a solution to your problem. Go into nearest pc shop buy new battery. Forward recipt to compaq and they will reimburse for the price of the battery. They might ask u to send the battery first. If so they will also reimburse u for the postage and packiing.
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 12:53   #32
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III

Best repkly so far
sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 12:54   #33
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Dear Compaq

Quote:

stuff

is this the laptop you bought from dabs for like 2p or something?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote