User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:12   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
What does the writing on medicine mean?

If something says this:

Sida cordifolia 6%.............400mg

What does it mean? I understant the 400mg of course, but what is the 6% ?

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:17   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
That means the medicine you've got like 400 mg's, is 94% full of ****e and (un)necessary components, and 6% of the actuall stuff that does the tricks.

I mean, there is 6% of the effective component (for example, ibuprofein in several pain killers) in the medicine, the rest is just, well, additional goodies.

That's how I think it goes.

I'm no doc though. Just a twat. Don't go drink that stuff because of my comments.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:28   #3
leknu
Ensign

leknu is on a distinguished road
Box of painkillers i got here says quite clearly that the pill contains 400mg of ibuprofein, and only percentage reported or the other stuff is glyserol:85%. So either the information on the box is simply incorrect, or the pill weighs at least 2.6g...

If 6% is 400mg that would make the whole pill weight 6.67g. Sounds like quite a big pill...

Last edited by leknu; 6 Oct 2003 at 16:59.
leknu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:30   #4
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
It says whether you should smoke/snort/inject/ingest/suppository it
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:31   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
2 grams isn't very much.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:33   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Let's see.

400 mg ibuprofein.

True. 400 mg ibuprofein per pill. Then there's a load of other stuff. No other percentages reported, no percentages at all (I need to dig up some other meds for this stuff), except a list of other components (long one).
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:35   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Aight, here's a lotion for muscle injuries - 5%. Means, 50 mg of the affecting component per a gram of the lotion.

I OWN.

I should become a medicine man.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:37   #8
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
I went to a thing at SmithKline Beecham when I was at school wher they told us what was in an average pills. I'm trying to remember. Bits like (from my own ibuprofen pack) potato starch and talc are there to add bulk, simple as that, sucrose is there for the nice sugary coating, and at least one of the other things is there so that once you digest through the nice sugary coating, the pill 'explodes' so it is absorbed quicker. That part always stuck in my mind. I cant remember any of the other bits though.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:16   #9
Mong
Forever Delayed

None of that makes sense. You can't say that 6% of a tablet weighs 400mg. That'd be stupid! Imagine the weight of the tablet then!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:19   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Will you please stop drinking that Mr Sheen. You know it's my can.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:30   #11
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
hmm.. i should know this :P
it's hard for me to figure it out (in my head) without actually seeing the label :\
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:31   #12
Mong
Forever Delayed

Okay Aryn:

Caffeine..............................200mg

White Willow....................... 75mg

Cayenne.............................. 50mg

Ginger.................................. 40mg

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:33   #13
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
does it not mean that Sida cordifolia is makes up 6% of the 400mg?

i.e that the Sida cordifolia weighs 24mg

[edit:] ok apparently not
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:52   #14
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
ok after looking up what the hell Sida cordifolia is... i believe the 6% pertains to the amount of ephedrine in it. which btw is bad for you :P
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:04   #15
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
2 grams isn't very much.
You have clearly not had to suppository 2 grams.

(neither have I)

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:11   #16
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
SIDA is the name of AIDS in spanish countries =(
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 22:44   #17
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
ok after looking up what the hell Sida cordifolia is... i believe the 6% pertains to the amount of ephedrine in it. which btw is bad for you :P
Well, I've been doing to many illegal things lately, was looking for something with contents I can be sure of, and is legal :P

It's like a natural version of Speed. I did 1800mg over yesterday evening, to some banging Techno (Jeff Mills!), was quite good. Didn't have the edgy paranoia of Speed, quite tingly and chatty, but not as rushy or euphoric as E. Comedown not bad (lasted two hours) and was quite good this morning.

Anyway, the reason for my question is that I'm trying to find it cheaper than paying www.repharm.co.uk

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 18 Sep 2003, 22:56   #18
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
I'm no doc though. Just a twat.
this made me lollyroffles
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 23:09   #19
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
SIDA is the name of AIDS in spanish countries =(
Yo sé

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 19 Sep 2003, 01:07   #20
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Well, I've been doing to many illegal things lately, was looking for something with contents I can be sure of, and is legal :P

It's like a natural version of Speed. I did 1800mg over yesterday evening, to some banging Techno (Jeff Mills!), was quite good. Didn't have the edgy paranoia of Speed, quite tingly and chatty, but not as rushy or euphoric as E. Comedown not bad (lasted two hours) and was quite good this morning.

Anyway, the reason for my question is that I'm trying to find it cheaper than paying www.repharm.co.uk

M.
hey.. if you don't care if your heart suddenly explodes.. all the power to ya
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 02:15   #21
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
Aight, here's a lotion for muscle injuries - 5%. Means, 50 mg of the affecting component per a gram of the lotion.

I OWN.

I should become a medicine man.
actually 5% = 5gm of active ingridient/100 ml or 5000mg/100ml
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 02:21   #22
the dying puppy
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by leknu
Box of painkillers i got here says quite clearly that the pill contains 400mg of ibuprofein, and only percentage reported or the other stuff is glyserol:85%. So either the information on the box is simply incorrect, or the pill weighs at least 2.6g...

If 6% is 400mg that would make the whole pill weight 6.67g. Sounds like quite a big pill...
6%=6gm (6000mg)/100ml
6000mg/100ml = 400/x
x=6.67 mg =0.0067gm
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 02:24   #23
the dying puppy
Banned

Re: What does the writing on medicine mean?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
If something says this:

What does it mean? I understant the 400mg of course, but what is the 6% ?

M.
6% means how strong solution is.
same like when you buy alcohol, 14% of actual alcohol in beer and 40% in vodka. I hope that explains.
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 03:40   #24
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough
He told u he was hardcore

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote