User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Mar 2013, 14:45   #101
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice
Re: Congrats ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalie View Post
Hmmm I was inactive for like 3/4 of the round so I dont really know what my fellow pe0ns HC have agreed on with other alliances. The breaking nap with TGV was from both sides:
1. C provokes S 2. S provokes C back 3. C went whacko 4. S went whacko 5. C and S fighting 6. conclusion no more nap.

I dont really know what the deal was with rock but I rememberred they attacked with their block around tick 500 on FAnG. Breaking their avoidance agreement first so I guess what comes around goes around.

But either way I dont like breaking naps or stabbing or whateva you guys call it. So the allies who think they were unjustified by our actions I hereby apolagise as FAnG Boss to the alliances who were wronged.

ok this is my last post back in 2 months!
The avoidance came in place after we had hit fang
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2013, 14:53   #102
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hmmm I was inactive for like 3/4 of the round so I dont really know what my fellow pe0ns HC have agreed on with other alliances. The breaking nap with TGV was from both sides:
1. C provokes S 2. S provokes C back 3. C went whacko 4. S went whacko 5. C and S fighting 6. conclusion no more nap.
You're way off here.

Kaiba, a fellow Viking peon trolled Santa, provoking him. An hour later, I was informed by Santa himself that he had heard some speculation of TGV planning to participate in a coordinated hit on FAnG and that he wished to end the NAP early (there were 3 days left on the agreement).

So, Santa, a FAnG HC (in charge of politics) broke the NAP due to speculation and being trolled. I have lost count how many folk trolled me from other alliances, but I didn't emo and act on it. That is pretty incompetent HCing, which resulted in FAnG gaining another enemy.

For the record, TGV did not agree with any other alliance to hit FAnG at the time Santa broke the NAP.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2013, 18:39   #103
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/?id=6&round=50

With the exception of APP we had more incs than anyone in the 'enemy' block. We also had a high amount of attacks typically used to ground people attacking us. Rock had more attacks but they didnt get hardly any incs if you consider most of theirs are from a single 3 day period.

150-200 of TGVs incs were from one planet on the last night so for the round they get about as many incs as ROCK/CT

We also had the most alliance defense and considering we didnt defend the last 4 days at least that's quite a bit.

Any way you look at it we played our game had fun and won. GG
It doesnt matter when the incomings come as long as they come. Wether you fight them off early, mid round or late incomings are incomings. By your reasoning lets exclude a 24-36 tick span of ND incomings and recalculate how many hostiles you got.

Incomings are incomings and if an alliance got them and fought them off good for them.

Quote:
BTW rock isnt good at taking our their opponent. It's the block who is good at taking out their opponent. Rock solely alone can do hmmm I dont want to be rude but I am sure all the others know what I am talking about. The key alliance isnt Rock or CT it was TGV. They were the kingmakers.
/me watches as his head swells
Time to sit on some ice so I let off some cool air instead of hot air :P

As much as I would like to think the above is true its a lot of other factors. Apprime was able to absorb a lot of incomigns from the enemy block while ct/tgv/rock were free to attack for the most part. Sometimes non-app got incomings and we had to ground but for the most part Apprime was the punching bag and got the majority of the incomings while the other alliances supported them when they could and hit back.

Quote:
Really the whole issue was with strategy ... my strategy was for us to keep hitting APP another night then move onto TGV ... however FaNG I think had an agreement or just didnt want to hit them and wanted to hit ROCK ... LeeAdama was still doing the politics and this is what we ended up going for.

If the block would have continued to focus on TGV first and eliminate them prior to hitting rock and giving them a reason to join the block no one would have had the combined power to do much IMO.

The kingmaker or killer was the unification of one block vs one group and the other block at one point all hitting totally different targets.
This might have worked but I dont think it would have. It would have just made TGV roid poor but heavy in fleet value which is always dangerous. Yeah we would have lost some members and gone a bit inactive but we wouldnt have quit. The above could have led to a prolonged war kinda what ult/zwan started with TGV.

You could have given us quite a bit of incomings, but if you did that would free up apprime to counter attack and they could have done a lot of damage. I dont think the above would have worked quite well since instead of apprime getting the incomigns and grounding it would be TGV and leave apprime free to attack. The block worked alright together and we might not have been able to help each other out on defense a lot but on attacks we usually coordinated quite well.

Quote:
We had a non aggression pact, a relationship, we ended our relationship how is this backstabbing? BTW You good friends in TGV also wanted to hit you the whole uni wanted to hit rock for not getting incomings two or three days b4 we hit you clouds was asking me to stop hitting APP and hit you with them. Everyone knew what rock was doing and no one planned on letting rock win that way ... and when the metal was put in the fire you folded and folded hard.
Of course we wanted to hit them, they were full of roids and not aligned with any block. It would be silly not to talk about hitting rock and getting their roids. This is a war game and not a sim game.

Quote:
But leave all this bullshizzle behind and up to the next round...where I will enjoy crushing vulture alliances to my heart content.... Bloody Roar...coming...

I will post again in 2 months
Ah crap, does that mean I have to supply you with some more ***** to keep you happy. Its hard to find females that are into your crazy stuff =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You're running a marathon. You arrive at the start with your buddies and when the starter pistol goes off, all of you start running. But after 100m you decide that, you know what, this running business is for chumps. You'd rather take the car. Your friends keep going. Then halfway to the finish line, your engine dies. Shit. Well, guess you'd better start running again. After half an hour, your buddies catch up with you and you yell at them for keeping you waiting all this time.

Context is important.
Very nice Mz, probably the best way to paraphrase a lot of political mambo-jumbo that always floats around.

Quote:

I dont really know what the deal was with rock but I rememberred they attacked with their block around tick 500 on FAnG. Breaking their avoidance agreement first so I guess what comes around goes around.

But either way I dont like breaking naps or stabbing or whateva you guys call it. So the allies who think they were unjustified by our actions I hereby apolagise as FAnG Boss to the alliances who were wronged.

ok this is my last post back in 2 months!
I actually had to PM Santa to get clarification on what happened. From the info I got, Santa was in #tgv and him and Kai were going at it. Kai was being his usual self and instigating things. He was only a member and members dont have any authority and everyone knows how good Kai is in getting under peoples skin. Next thing I knew Santa/Fang ended the NAP early and we got hit I think that very day or the next day. Cant remember. NAP was ended by Santa informing Clouds.

I was disappointed in how it was ended since for several days we were asked to hit Fang but we refused since we had a NAP with them. TGV got a lot of grieve for upholding it and not breaking it since we wanted to play politically clean, or as clean as we could. So Fang ending the NAP early did not sit well with TGV. I understand (partially) why they did it, but it probably was not the best move on their part considering what else was going on. But whats done is done, no hard feelings and round 51 will be another opportunity to make new friends and meet new enemies on the field of battle =).

Now looking at the alliance stats....

ROCK - WOW you guys were very aggressive in attacking. Nicely done, but considering the Brazilian players were 3 fleeting a lot it would explain why your defense was pretty low. If you can get that fixed and get some more night time people you have a good chance of hanging on to your ill gotten loot.

I am surprised that Apprime had more incomings than Ultores. I thought we gave Ultores lots of incomings but I guess maybe not as much as Fang/ND put on Apprime.

I thought in TGV we forced a lot more incoming recalls than what the stats show. Would be nice if we could exclude the last 36 ticks to see how many incomigns we forced to recall since the last few ticks probably skew the numbers quite a bit.

Kinda surprised that CT had almost as many incomings as TGV but I guess innuendo was making quite a nuisance of themselves.

Except for rock and apprime it seems the alliances part of the block war were all actively launching attacks since we all have about the same number of attack fleets.

Ult, Fang, Apprime had more forts which would explain all the in-gal defense. Something other alliances might want to check into since a proper fort can stop about 60% of all incomings.

Well that's all I have to say. Long post, sorry. I guess the most important thing is...

Nicely done on the win New Dawn. A win is a win no matter how you got there. Round 50 is history, on to round 51 where it all starts over again, cya then.

-RexDrax

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2013, 03:01   #104
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Roid poor and fleet heavy didnt help out APP much.

"It doesnt matter when the incomings come as long as they come. Wether you fight them off early, mid round or late incomings are incomings. By your reasoning lets exclude a 24-36 tick span of ND incomings and recalculate how many hostiles you got."

The point I made is ND had consistent incs all round first ten days 30-50 waves per day I'm not going to count individual fleets but delling marks calls. We had one day through the round with less than 10waves ... most days btwn 30-40 ... hence why the first week I had mention to a couple of other allies HC 'Its like we are at war I just dont know who with' That is when we were number 1 with low roids. Final day of incs was only about 60 waves but then again the last 4 or 5 days we werent defending with 2 and 3 fleet attacks going.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2013, 04:34   #105
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

quick reply from me on the last 25 posts or so, i see a lot of BS poster there, so i thought i would set some things right.

A) ROCK complaining TGV/App were late to join hitting FAnG, because the first time we hit FAnG, ROCK caved in after the first threats of the FAnG/ND block (not yet Ult at that time). It was TGV paying for that first attempt to hit FAnG and we resolved it by entering a NAP with FAnG. After that it was App getting the brink of the incoming (FAnG and Ult at that time, ND was hitting CT). When ROCK asked for our support in hitting FAnG after they got roided we still had a NAP with FAnG and our war with Ult had not been completely settled yet. So naturally we prevented hitting FAnG until after the NAP was to end (4 days after ROCK came to us initially). Important note for FAnG in this is that both ROCK and Apprime did not want to hit FAnG without TGV's support.

B) ND urging to hit TGV instead of ROCK was at a time both FAnG and ND had agreements with TGV (full NAP with FAnG, fort avoidance with ND). So that would quite possibly have led to an even more inspired TGV to take both ND/FAnG down. At that time we were at war with Ultores.

C) The war TGV had with Ultores was a result of the first gangattack on TGV (Ult/FAnG/ND all had legitimate reasons to hit us at the time, tho doing it in a coordinated attempt while we were ranked 5th might have been a bit over the top). We reached agreements with FAnG and ND fairly soon after this, and so we retalled on Ult. Ult then treatened to rebuild their block and hit us again together. Due the newly reached agreements we knew their threats were empty and we decided to fully go after Ultores. Initially we had little support, and due to Ultores not being able to raise their block against us they chose to hit App, creating an extra enemy (and a friend for us in the process), so our support hitting Ult grew. An additional benefit of this war was the fact we had reasons to criple 7:5 (with no TGV in it) to help 7:8 (with 2 TGV)

D) FAnG dropped the NAP after Kaiba antagonised Santa, using some quotes he got out of Clouds by antagonising him too. In PM's both Rexdrax and I had with Santa he pointed to this being the reason for dropping the NAP (especially the one quote of Clouds that Kaiba used). At the time TGV had no intend to end the NAP prior to the date it was set to end. As pointed out above, this would have effectively meant the hostilities against FAnG would not have started until after our nap ended (4 days later than FAnG decided to drop the NAP). If TGV would have actually hit FAnG after the NAP ended is something i cannot give a clear answer too, i very much doubt we would have continued hitting FAnG for more than 3 days tho. By dropping the NAP early FAnG ensured TGV's support to ROCK/App to make sure FAnG wouldn't win.

E) TGV was indeed willing to hit ROCK when FAnG/ND hit them. This was due to ROCK breaking away from our block after the first gangattack on FAnG. However TGV had Ultores to deal with at that time, so our attacks on rock were limited to a galraid on a ROCK heavy gal and an attack on 7:5, where we hit 1 ROCK (App hit the other 2 rocks).

Regardless of alterior motives we had at various points in this round, both Apprime and CT have been the best allies we could have wished for this round.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2013, 04:54   #106
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Roid poor and fleet heavy didnt help out APP much.

"It doesnt matter when the incomings come as long as they come. Wether you fight them off early, mid round or late incomings are incomings. By your reasoning lets exclude a 24-36 tick span of ND incomings and recalculate how many hostiles you got."

The point I made is ND had consistent incs all round first ten days 30-50 waves per day I'm not going to count individual fleets but delling marks calls. We had one day through the round with less than 10waves ... most days btwn 30-40 ... hence why the first week I had mention to a couple of other allies HC 'Its like we are at war I just dont know who with' That is when we were number 1 with low roids. Final day of incs was only about 60 waves but then again the last 4 or 5 days we werent defending with 2 and 3 fleet attacks going.
A constant mediocre amount of incomings is easier to defend than a gangbang. While in the end the total amount of incs might be roughly the same, this is not a statistic that justifies that difference. When people comment on ND not having had incomings what is meant is that ND has not been gangbanged. If you had, you would have undoubtedly struggled more than fang did. The amount of 'constant' incs you get has a lot to do with your race setup, terrans were fairly easy to hit for Xans, and etd were for cath/zik, while cath has it's obvious weakness to all. Add to that the XP based play ND made their own you ended up with a fairly high roid to value ratio, and a higher than average 'constant' amount of incs becomes self-explanatory.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2013, 08:00   #107
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
A constant mediocre amount of incomings is easier to defend than a gangbang. While in the end the total amount of incs might be roughly the same, this is not a statistic that justifies that difference. When people comment on ND not having had incomings what is meant is that ND has not been gangbanged. If you had, you would have undoubtedly struggled more than fang did. The amount of 'constant' incs you get has a lot to do with your race setup, terrans were fairly easy to hit for Xans, and etd were for cath/zik, while cath has it's obvious weakness to all. Add to that the XP based play ND made their own you ended up with a fairly high roid to value ratio, and a higher than average 'constant' amount of incs becomes self-explanatory.
The point of all this is We had more Incs than anyone other than APP on your block we had more attacks than all but one in your block and sent more def then anyone ... we were active. If not having incs = a win you and CT would have taken the cake.
Unread 3 Mar 2013, 08:37   #108
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The point of all this is We had more Incs than anyone other than APP on your block we had more attacks than all but one in your block and sent more def then anyone ... we were active. If not having incs = a win you and CT would have taken the cake.
There's a vast difference between the amount of incoming you receive and the efficiency of defending your incoming. You can't judge an alliance based on the amount of incoming they received.

From what I have seen, the 4 most competent alliances at being able to defend efficiently are: FAnG, TGV, Ultores & NewDawn, and those alliances are all competent enough at taking the win next round.

Last edited by Clouds; 3 Mar 2013 at 09:24.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2013, 09:10   #109
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
There's a vast difference between the amount of incoming you received and the efficiency of defending your incoming. You can't judge an alliance based on the amount of incoming they received.

From what I have seen, the 4 most competent alliances at being able to defend efficiently are: FAnG, TGV, Ultores & NewDawn, and those alliances are all competent enough at taking the win next round.
APP def tends to be good just not when being gang banged or faked however cardi loves to make sure that they get gang banged.
Unread 4 Mar 2013, 03:04   #110
Barrack_Obama

Barrack_Obama will become famous soon enoughBarrack_Obama will become famous soon enough

Clouds stop trying to save your ally from incoming for next round and all this fuss about losing roids with the ship stats def was crap just wish i would have went ETD FR RAWR oh yeah Clouds your turn to play wolf
Unread 4 Mar 2013, 03:55   #111
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

After reading this thread i am now confident that with me at the helm doing polidicks. ODDR will be #1 r51

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote