User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Jul 2004, 03:35   #1
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
Lawyers and Internet Games....

Now this is just for relevance, but it's something I'm kinda familiar with these days.

Since the advent of all these start up internet companies that believe there's big profit in the internet they end up suffering, struggling and eventually capitulating to big lawyers.... I know of a few MMORPG's that have 're-opened' accounts because of Lawyers threatening them with a case that they can ill afford.

Personally I believe internet companies that are forced into these situations should release the details of said users and see if they'll continue with the case in light of shitloads of people willing to exact some 'internet' justice back.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 05:25   #2
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Lawyers and Internet Games....

But wouldent releasing the users personal information be a violation of several agreements. I havent read the EULA recently, but I remember it saying that it wont release any personal information to any other party but admin staff. So if companies followed what you suggested then they would leave themselfs open for lots of lawsuits for sure.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 06:36   #3
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

i think he means details of said users as in coords etc, not home phone number......
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 09:51   #4
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

coords are usually well known 'inner-circle' anyway
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:54   #5
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i thought he was suggesting IP addresses, and the internet justice of being hacked .