User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jul 2003, 01:48   #1
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Can we get something out in the open for us n00bs please?

Who would the actual alliances be that have agreements to take down LDK?
And I dont mean answers like 'everybody and his cat', thats just silly, not all proper alliances are involved, far from.

So who are they?
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 01:56   #2
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point
that i know of personally:
nos
tot
vision (had been attacking them for a while now)
fang
ely
and i dont know about eclipse although i would imagine so...

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 01:59   #3
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Eclipse and Olympians (who you missed off) were one of the first few to start specifically targetting LDK.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 02:01   #4
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Since this thread is about n00bs seeking info etc., eventhough i don't have the info you desire, i would like to point out, that alliances agreeing to take down a certain alliance that is about to become dominant or allready has is nothing bad but something good in fact.

The bad thing about blocks is their permanence causing the round to be over when the out-of-block enemies are gone.

A large group coordinating attacks against a dominant power is a good thing on the other hand as it in fact prevents stagnation. Stagnation can occur just as much when a single alliance is too dominant to be properly attacked. Thus alliance forming "attack pacts" etc. can actually be a good thing for the game.

Whether or not attacks blocks are forming and whether LDK is in a position dominant enough to justify such forming if there is any is not up to me to judge atm as i'm too tired :-)

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 02:04   #5
Klendau II
Governor

Klendau II is an unknown quantity at this point
RaH also.

I'll bum 'em all.

<Sad> when ur cyb0ring klen it is
<Sad> he gives u soo much pleasure
<Foxman> and always bring animals into the cyb0r
<Sad> he does yes
Klendau II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 02:06   #6
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Wp
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 02:16   #7
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Klendau II
RaH also.

And i who thought RaH were working so hard on their 111100% not-working-with-anybody-else image (although i havent read much the past 2-3 days), amusing.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 02:22   #8
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
And i who thought RaH were working so hard on their 111100% not-working-with-anybody-else image (although i havent read much the past 2-3 days), amusing.

why are people complaining bout some alliances deciding to try and smack the top dog of the round?

this has happened quite a few times before, but i guess back then it was the "n00bs" joining together to hit them whereas this round its "solo" alliances deciding to hit them together?

lets go ahead and stop this nonsense now as it saves everyone a bit of credibility.

LDK = top dog. no 1 alliance is going to take them down, hence u have tag teaming just as u would anyone bigger than you.

The real question is when this is all over

whos next?
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 02:24   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by kyrealean

whos next?

Actually right now the real question looks more like can anything stop LDK from winning this round? There's 17 days left.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 02:32   #10
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
why are people complaining bout some alliances deciding to try and smack the top dog of the round?

Im not really, i just find it amusing how they (as in-you, i noticed now) run around acting like saints when people accuse each other to left and right for blocking.

I havent said what i think of it _at _all

But what i do think is that LDK clearly will not be taken down, not by a mile.
People who are loosing will in much greater numbers start to go idle as the round draws to an end. LDK will most certainly not.
Joint attacks and fleetcatchs such as todays will get less and less attackers, resulting in worse and worse results, leading to more mode +idle.

Congrats LDK, the universe was never even close.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 02:38   #11
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
People are exaggerating.

First of, the person claiming Vision is part of any so-called 'block', is clueless.

Second, I think you girls are confusing a temporary block to take down LDK with a round full of stagnation. The problem with socalled powerblocks has always been that they seem to stagnate the round. I agree stagnation is the worst thing that can happen in a game, but when a group of alliances team up to take down the one alliance that will promote stagnation at this time; LDK, I think that actually is a GOOD thing for the round.

That is, if they don't powerblock *after* they take out LDK, but that is unlikely to happen.

Chill,
Play the game,
Beat LDK to a pulp.
Ta
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 02:45   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Jackal2112
Beat LDK to a pulp.
Ta

there will be some pulp in tick three, yes
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 02:53   #13
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
there will be some pulp in tick three, yes
I am glad you agree with me Silver

Btw someone implied you are partly african I didn't know that why did you hide that from me.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:01   #14
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
As I made it clear in the thread the other day, we aren't against working with other alliances to take down planets/alliances/galaxies (whatever) on a day to day basis when it suits our needs, our stance is against making nap or allied agreements with others.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:03   #15
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Im not really, i just find it amusing how they (as in-you, i noticed now) run around acting like saints when people accuse each other to left and right for blocking.
In addition anyone that considers the actions of tonight to be a 'block' is quite frankly an idiot and doesn't understand what a block is.

Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:06   #16
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
http://www.pilkara.com/parsers.php?scanid=192776221

pulp

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:08   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
In yer face fags
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:09   #18
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
rofl
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:09   #19
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

So predictable
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:12   #20
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by TehVader
So predictable
Indeed, also nice knowing none of them were my alliances ships either heh

Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:15   #21
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Indeed, also nice knowing none of them were my alliances ships either heh
Ditto
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:16   #22
Jackal2112

Poor WP members...
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:20   #23
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe, smells like ownage to me :>
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:37   #24
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
In yer face fags
someone has gone and chipped a tooth :/
No need to let the heated conversations get to you.

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:23   #25
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point
****ing pld? I always admired ldk for being able to compete so well.
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:27   #26
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
The 8th Rebellion is working in an effort to smash LDK, and have been very active in doing so.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 05:05   #27
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Olympians has been hitting LDK for roughly two weeks.. There is one agreement with all the other alliances that we have talked to: LDK is too dominant and needs to be consistantly targeted. Any inter-alliance cooperation has been on a day-to-day basis with maybe 2 hour's notice. There are no naps or anything of that sort.

I have noticed a few people mocking the previously mentioned alliances for the limited damage that's been done to LDK so far. I have one word for you: 'duh'. While the attacks on LDK are just becoming more successfull, there's also not much being lost against ldk attacks. This is a random round. That means members are spread out more and defense pools are extremely large. Most of these alliances have gone through enormous changes recently and quite possibly aren't running as efficiently as they could. Additionally, none of the alliances involved want to get 'too close' to another for obvious reasons. Some things could be done better, yes, but at what cost? Things are moving along.. No one is gaining a clear upper-hand. Why is this bad? Yes, we all want LDK out of the picture, but they are a tough opponent, working their xand fleets plus cluster and para friends to the maximum. They are not just going to vanish, especially with the amount of the t50 that belongs to them. People expecting to see huge differences from day to day have unrealistic expectations. LDK planets lose roids on a daily basis, but not alot in the t20 where it would be most visible. You don't remove an alliance that controls the percentage of the t50 that LDK does over night. Far from it. When they do start to slip, it will be a slow slide, because it's LDK. They generally don't just let you take them out in 3 days ala r6 fury fleet catches on several t20 gals. It's a difficult task when coupled with the realities of this round.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 05:30   #28
BDB

BDB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
Olympians has been hitting LDK for roughly two weeks.. There is one agreement with all the other alliances that we have talked to: LDK is too dominant and needs to be consistantly targeted. Any inter-alliance cooperation has been on a day-to-day basis with maybe 2 hour's notice. There are no naps or anything of that sort.

I have noticed a few people mocking the previously mentioned alliances for the limited damage that's been done to LDK so far. I have one word for you: 'duh'. While the attacks on LDK are just becoming more successfull, there's also not much being lost against ldk attacks. This is a random round. That means members are spread out more and defense pools are extremely large. Most of these alliances have gone through enormous changes recently and quite possibly aren't running as efficiently as they could. Additionally, none of the alliances involved want to get 'too close' to another for obvious reasons. Some things could be done better, yes, but at what cost? Things are moving along.. No one is gaining a clear upper-hand. Why is this bad? Yes, we all want LDK out of the picture, but they are a tough opponent, working their xand fleets plus cluster and para friends to the maximum. They are not just going to vanish, especially with the amount of the t50 that belongs to them. People expecting to see huge differences from day to day have unrealistic expectations. LDK planets lose roids on a daily basis, but not alot in the t20 where it would be most visible. You don't remove an alliance that controls the percentage of the t50 that LDK does over night. Far from it. When they do start to slip, it will be a slow slide, because it's LDK. They generally don't just let you take them out in 3 days ala r6 fury fleet catches on several t20 gals. It's a difficult task when coupled with the realities of this round.

so u call the attacks good tbh u been owned at every planet so far ok we lsot a lil bit of roids but for 50 mill in fleet scoer so far u keep loseing feets like that and well this is over this week
BDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 07:23   #29
niwaie
Spirit of Xanadu

niwaie is an unknown quantity at this point
i wonder

when will the desperate leftover alliances start to organize their attacks on AD?

this is SO revolt II.

\o/
niwaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 07:50   #30
Glatze

Glatze is an unknown quantity at this point
how many planets in top 50 does LDK have then?
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 08:06   #31
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Event_Horizon
that i know of personally:
nos
tot
vision (had been attacking them for a while now)
fang
ely
and i dont know about eclipse although i would imagine so...

LOL

get a clue, yes we attacked ldk.
YES we attacked eclipse
YES we attacked Oly
YES we attacked IPC

ffs....GET A CLUE
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 08:23   #32
Unf_Slasher
FAnG

Unf_Slasher can only hope to improve
actually there is no block which is the reason why the attacks dont work....

if all the mentioned alliances, started a shared hc chan and a shared bc chan, with def flowing between the alliances and coordinated attacks, i am 100% sure ldk could be beaten.
but since that aint the case, and the attacks happen sort of randomly there isnt much success so far...

though i must admit i liked seeing a certain p15 planet loose 8mill fleetscore
[00:58] <Squirrel> YES **** ME **** ME
[00:59] <Squirrel> **** ME NOW OH YES AliasX **** THE **** OUT OF ME
[00:59] <AliasX> wtf

FAnG
Unf_Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 08:41   #33
Lyam
filmjölk

Lyam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Salomo
Since this thread is about n00bs seeking info etc., eventhough i don't have the info you desire, i would like to point out, that alliances agreeing to take down a certain alliance that is about to become dominant or allready has is nothing bad but something good in fact.

The bad thing about blocks is their permanence causing the round to be over when the out-of-block enemies are gone.

A large group coordinating attacks against a dominant power is a good thing on the other hand as it in fact prevents stagnation. Stagnation can occur just as much when a single alliance is too dominant to be properly attacked. Thus alliance forming "attack pacts" etc. can actually be a good thing for the game.

Whether or not attacks blocks are forming and whether LDK is in a position dominant enough to justify such forming if there is any is not up to me to judge atm as i'm too tired :-)
Thing is.. The beating wouldnt stop when LDK were equall with the rest would it... ^^ (not that I like LDK thie slightest)
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 08:55   #34
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Unf_Slasher
p15?
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:22   #35
Ferox

Ferox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Unf_Slasher
actually there is no block which is the reason why the attacks dont work....

if all the mentioned alliances, started a shared hc chan and a shared bc chan, with def flowing between the alliances and coordinated attacks, i am 100% sure ldk could be beaten.
but since that aint the case, and the attacks happen sort of randomly there isnt much success so far...

There is no spoon. There is no spoon.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:23   #36
Jackal2112

heh
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:32   #37
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
OMG ASL WTF LOL AFAIK BRB GTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111

Tesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:48   #38
Unf_Slasher
FAnG

Unf_Slasher can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Ferox
There is no spoon. There is no spoon.
i must admit i am too stupid for that comment, would you care to elaborate??
[00:58] <Squirrel> YES **** ME **** ME
[00:59] <Squirrel> **** ME NOW OH YES AliasX **** THE **** OUT OF ME
[00:59] <AliasX> wtf

FAnG
Unf_Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:29   #39
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

If these alliances turn their guns anywhere else apart from the direction of LDK before this round ends, I'll eat my hat.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:31   #40
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
If these alliances turn their guns anywhere else apart from the direction of LDK before this round ends, I'll eat my hat.
Temptation...

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 11:45   #41
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Glatze
how many planets in top 50 does LDK have then?
They had 9/15
And i think something like 25/50

Dragons got some top planet to... They are working bit together..

Like all other alliance's not mentioned above are doing as well... To beat LDK..
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:11   #42
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Thunderball
They had 9/15
And i think something like 25/50

Dragons got some top planet to... They are working bit together..

Like all other alliance's not mentioned above are doing as well... To beat LDK..

(fyi, Jurgen)

What do you mean by 'as all other alliances not mentioned above'?
Am guessing most other alliances that hasnt been mentioned are simply playing their own game and enjoying them selves
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:49   #43
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

this has happened quite a few times before, but i guess back then it was the "n00bs" joining together to hit them whereas this round its "solo" alliances deciding to hit them together?

lets go ahead and stop this nonsense now as it saves everyone a bit of credibility.

LDK = top dog. no 1 alliance is going to take them down, hence u have tag teaming just as u would anyone bigger than you.

whos next?
===============================

So in theory if u take LDK down, you will subsequently work with other alliances to take down the next alliance that steps in to take LDK's place????

Though i suppose you can say the rd will nearly be over by then and the alliances working togethor can share the top rankings among themselves in a more civil manner heh
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 16:13   #44
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Actually right now the real question looks more like can anything stop LDK from winning this round? There's 17 days left.
A descent multihunter with guts could do it all by himself.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 16:42   #45
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
A descent multihunter with guts could do it all by himself.
now what makes you so sure they all cheat? i mean if you are so sure... then prove it and they'll all be closed... till then...don't talk so much about things you can't know for sure.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 17:40   #46
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad
I think i am one of the mockers you refer too.

But look at it another way. You have 2 br's which are fairly even and then pull to leave everyone else to die. (The BR this afternoon in anotehr thread).

Now you state your not losing much elsewhere but these massiev fleet losses cannot continue for 18 days especially when you consider the exponential growth (Rob already admitted there is a score growth differential).

So where are the big suicidal attacks of LDK? Have there been many?

Ths is a boom or bust attempt at equalisation. It never worked round 8, it wont work now.

Have a to everyone that thinks these fleet losses for strategic reasons are worthwhile.

Fleet loss is bad for morale and looks silly in propaganda threads.

Btw to everyone calling LDK cheating scum its happening on both sides. Don't make it right, but at least realise there is no black or white here.
As far as I know there was 1 oly fleet involved in that attack and he was kept informed of the situation through every tick (by me personally) and recalled when appropriate. 'We' didn't lose a damn thing. So we still have fleet, we still have our roids... We continue to hit LDK on a nightly basis.. So tell me where exactly are we failing? If what we are doing is called failure, than what LDK is doing could be classed as the same, because it's basically the same scenario... Having to recall from all of their targets and getting their incoming covered on a nightly basis.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 17:59   #47
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
As far as I can tell there are no formal agreements to atatck ldk - everyone has just realised it needs to be done. As for NoS - if somoen pms me and asks me to help out on a fleet hunt - sure i'll see if I can get some NoS ships - but tbh our members are happy enough attacking and getting roids for the moment.... and why oh why woudl I want to help kill LDK just to let FanG win. For future reference - NoS is happy to help fleet hunt any of the following - LDK-Eclipse-ToT - the others haven't annoyed us yet, although FanG can be annoying.

NoS - Fleethunters for hire - free 10k roids per hunt

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 18:31   #48
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

One of the someones that lost some ships was me. I launched to get a battle report, then went to bed. Too bad I got only 1 tick while I sent for 3.

Ofc the opposition can sustain these losses. LDK's roiding has virtually stopped. The opposition continues roiding as ever, they sent an attack but not everybody in theri alliance sent. I can't believe that. It's just a nice attack for a change: 'who's in for an attack against one of those cheating LDK scum?'

And those people that died are just people like me playing for fun who wanted some action. Which also explains why they/we have so few score (I'm not playing an escort/multi-planet). And there's 5 k players more just like me eager for action and willing to risk high losses for a nice battlereport. And us 5k can actually damage LDK even if we die in the process. And if we die 20 at a time we can sustain this easily till the end of the round.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 20:42   #49
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad
someone lost fleet and this isnt a dig - as a lowly non caring peon i don't really care about the intra alliance politics or who is hitting who was purely a comment n who was winning and why.

Btw if your taking roids off the 6 millers its getting to the stage of xandu's round 5 "we are taking out the lower plnets first! take out the syupport and teh rest will fall" argument.

[EDIT] SO your member recalled before the battle? Nice intra alliance support there
If you don't care and aren't informed then why not take the correction into consideration and stop posting? I really have no idea what you are on about, but it really doesn't have any relevance to what I said.. We're hitting top and mid-sized planets. They're hitting top and mid-sized planets. We're not getting through. They're not getting through. No one is 'winning' and no one is 'losing' at this point. The world isn't so black and white.

And in refernece to your edit, he did land, and recalled after teh 2nd tick, just like he was advised to do. Get a grip on what actually happens in the game instead of just spewing out these half-assed assumptions.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 21:44   #50
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

You can say "My alliance didn't lose anything" as much as you want. The point is that someone (hostile to LDK) did, and those ships won't be there next time. Then it will be your ships involved, although you may do better with the recall orders.