User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Sep 2003, 17:40   #1
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Hey I just noticed

That the level of whining about game mechanics is back to the r3/4 levels. I'm impressed, this must be the makings of a damn good round*.

*Like round 4, though 3 was fun for some people as well.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 18:25   #2
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Round 3 rocked.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 18:29   #3
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by TehVader
Round 3 rocked.
Very true.
Whining was based towards Furgion ownage, instead of the crappy game design like we have now ...
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 18:32   #4
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
There'll always be whining against those who are winning though.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 18:33   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Very true.
Whining was based towards Furgion ownage, instead of the crappy game design like we have now ...
Whining was also against the crappy game design which allowed for people to bash others senseless.

Don't go selective memory on us, now
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 18:36   #6
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Whining was also against the crappy game design which allowed for people to bash others senseless.

Don't go selective memory on us, now
I never moaned about either the bashin or the game mechanics at the time, I though itt was great, game mechanics I'm not a fan of now. Especially the time it takes to research.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 18:38   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jorinn
I never moaned about either the bashin or the game mechanics at the time
Maybe not you, but pretty much everyone did at the time. I cannot recall a single round since I've played that there weren't any complaints about the game in some form or the other.
Quote:
Especially the time it takes to research.
I like it. It forces people to make choices, rather than have everything available within the first two weeks.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 19:23   #8
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
I cant recall a round with less then 2k paid planets either
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:41   #9
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
I cant recall a round with less then 2k paid planets either
I can. R1,2,3,4 and 9.5
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 € | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:56   #10
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
moaning about whining is so kindergarten

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:56   #11
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
i got it

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place

Last edited by Lupin; 19 Sep 2003 at 11:23.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 22:22   #12
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by TehVader
Round 3 rocked.
Ofc it did SL AHOY \o/
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 23:05   #13
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by General Martok
I can. R1,2,3,4 and 9.5
hehe, pld martok
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 23:05   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
<jesterina> You'll get a reward, yes

I WIN

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 22:55   #15
Kåre Willoch

Kåre Willoch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy

I like it. It forces people to make choices, rather than have everything available within the first two weeks.
I like it too, it forces me to have an alliance scanner to do the scans for me, so I have an edge over those damn n00bs, not many of them left though....

A bit silly for the loner that joins pa though, and tries to join an alliance through the ingame alliance application, at the same time as he attacks blind, FS he hasn't even got a friend's spy account to tell him when the fleets are out...
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 23:02   #16
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
hte un-funny part is that hcs of the alliance cant respond without revealing their coords.

and, friends spy accounts cant say if the fleets are out or not, the overview is changed. Only way would be to ask in galchan who has his fleets out, and after a while it gets kinda obvious...
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 23:04   #17
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
<jesterina> You'll get a reward, yes

I WIN
Bounty hunting are we?