User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 May 2003, 22:59   #51
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Round 9.5

Quote:
Originally posted by Obfuscator
*snip*
Deppends how you look at it, since it dosnt exist and all?

re:: ' flame '

Cochese ... did i say something to upset ???
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 23:20   #52
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy

oh yes and btw since (and I can't belive this hasn't been said yet) This round is finishing early I take it there will be no offical winners for rnd 9 since VOM clearly have an "ace in the hole" yet to be announced that we'll never get to see now
Germania should know his time, or he would stand out as a hypocrite.
The clock is ticking.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 00:24   #53
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
Germania should know his time, or he would stand out as a hypocrite.
The clock is ticking.
tbh I was expecting more of a response, I'm quite dissapointed.

More stirring tomorrow I guess \o/

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 02:30   #54
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
4th LDK (ex though) win just in case (for r9 i mean).

Anyway, going back to the real discussion that we responsible gamers should remember.

Why the creators do this:

"The reasons why we do all this should be evident to most players, the universe was a bit blasted by big blocks early on, and after their internal disagreements had been settled, it hasn't been a lot of fun for most people."

Last edited by furssie; 15 May 2003 at 02:43.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 03:05   #55
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Round 9.5

Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin

Cochese ... did i say something to upset ???

You said something amusing/ignorant, actually.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 03:20   #56
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
1-7 in that list I posted were Eclipse members, 8,9,10 were in ToT. The rankings have since changed so I won't repost it until ticks stop as there is no point yet anyway.
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 21:42   #57
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
here's an idea for 9.5, as you can edit planet and ruler name, why not play as your real irc nick, just like in the old days eg i would be:

Mi5 of The Hive (or whatever cr@ppy name i could think of)

It's going to be a fun rnd, why not make it more fun so you can see who your attacking/defending and who's the top10 (cheaters) without actually being "in the know" helping other players to relate more to the game.

Admittedly some players using their real nick that intend to play properly would result in suicide, but for the majority, they won't get attacked just because they came 2nd in rnd7 or something stupid like that
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 22:08   #58
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mi5
here's an idea for 9.5, as you can edit planet and ruler name, why not play as your real irc nick, just like in the old days eg i would be:

Mi5 of The Hive (or whatever cr@ppy name i could think of)

It's going to be a fun rnd, why not make it more fun so you can see who your attacking/defending and who's the top10 (cheaters) without actually being "in the know" helping other players to relate more to the game.

Admittedly some players using their real nick that intend to play properly would result in suicide, but for the majority, they won't get attacked just because they came 2nd in rnd7 or something stupid like that
I like the idea but when I asked if anyone else wanted to do it with me I got negative responces
Unread 15 May 2003, 23:23   #59
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
I'll use my real nick, watch out for DukePaul of... I'll think of something
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 23:36   #60
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Im still waiting for Germania/others to announce for us all, that Eclipse+friends didnt win r9, couse ticks ended earlier than planned by creators orginally....
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 15 May 2003, 23:58   #61
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Im still waiting for Germania/others to announce for us all, that Eclipse+friends didnt win r9, couse ticks ended earlier than planned by creators orginally....
i was thinking about that aswell...
Unread 16 May 2003, 00:03   #62
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Your troll might take awhile then.

Because Eclipse/ToT have won with an official end of round given.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 00:04   #63
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Perhaps you don't yet realize how stupid your blatant misinterpretation of Germania's argument makes you look, but perhaps you should consider the nature of your trolling and the detrimental effect it has on AD before wasting any of our time in the future.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 00:06   #64
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
i was thinking about that aswell...
Unread 16 May 2003, 00:37   #65
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh please. Are we going to go through why the Eclipse/ToT win is so so much better than the Titans/LDK win was, simply because they're winning round lasted 16 ticks longer?

How about we just don't.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 00:39   #66
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Oh please. Are we going to go through why the Eclipse/ToT win is so so much better than the Titans/LDK win was, simply because they're winning round lasted 16 ticks longer?

How about we just don't.
Good idea (though I do have to blame Zhukov for pre-empting the debate).
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 01:04   #67
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
victory in planetarion is often down to luck, numbers and the enemy's incompetence.
Unread 16 May 2003, 09:22   #68
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
victory in planetarion is often down to luck, numbers and the enemy's incompetence.
often the losing party doesnt want to admit how lame and incompetant they are, which is why they cry backstabber and complain how they block the universe, which happens every round.

as for Titans|LDK You won r8, what germania and co had said before is that the coalition against you could have dented you enough to make defeat for you possible.

and comparing a private round to a random one.........tut tut you should know full well how hard it is to defeat an entrenched enemy in private galaxies.
Unread 16 May 2003, 10:06   #69
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
I'm beginning to think there is absolutely NOTHING to do in Lithuania apart from play computer games.

I mean these guys win every round now fs :}
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 10:51   #70
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

How about we just don't.
With the slight difference that all good alliances fighting LDK + Titans + Virus in r8 actually had enough firepower and roids left to be a real pain in the ass.
You can't say that this round.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 11:32   #71
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sergio
With the slight difference that all good alliances fighting LDK + Titans + Virus in r8 actually had enough firepower and roids left to be a real pain in the ass.
You can't say that this round.
You can't compare this round to last at all. A lot of things were different in the two rounds.

For you to say this makes you look dumb or trollish.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 13:02   #72
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You can't compare this round to last at all. A lot of things were different in the two rounds.

For you to say this makes you look dumb or trollish.
And why exactly can't I compare this round to last one?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:09   #73
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
I'm beginning to think there is absolutely NOTHING to do in Lithuania apart from play computer games.

I mean these guys win every round now fs :}
They steal credit cards at times too.

[edit] 'They' should be 'some'[/edit]
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:13   #74
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad
<snipped for annoyance reduction>
Really Rumad, those dancing bananas added a lot to your point. I mean, I now realize that next time I want to make people understand how right I am, I can skip that whole annoying process of argumentation and reasoning, and line my pointlessly repeated and drivelous words with dancing bananas. Obviously it makes my point for me.
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:20   #75
WipeOut
Playboy

Quote:

People often use comical posting to cover their actual lack of interesting content in their post.

This is a clear case of the above mentioned.

Lo Plant, lo Rummeh
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:23   #76
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut
People often use comical posting to cover their actual lack of interesting content in their post.

This is a clear case of the above mentioned.

Lo Plant, lo Rummeh
It might have been funny if he hadn't said nearly the exact same thing in the post directly preceeding it. Contentless posters and their stupid bananas should be banned from AD. Nothing ruins the environment quite like their space-wastage.
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:24   #77
WipeOut
Playboy

Quote:
It might have been funny if he hadn't said nearly the exact same thing in the post directly preceeding it. Contentless posters and their stupid bananas should be banned from AD. Nothing ruins the environment quite like their space-wastage.

Intelligence only exists of there is a respective 'other', you need something to distinguish intelligent posts from well... ehm... 'less' intelligent ones.

Without the dumb, there would be no clever
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:33   #78
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point
Why would titans+ldk+virus kill of planets who did no harm to theyr own people?

In my eyes its much more upto each alliance in a random round. private gals is much more political. if it was vom we and nar who teamed up against er or et vom nar or any other way you put it. Anyone think the singel "block" would survie the attacks from the 3 others?

It's impossible when u have 3 cooping blocks against u just like round 6.

Well randoms is alot more fun in my eyes as you don't get bashed quite as lot as in private (i think) :P

Also going singel is more effective than a big block with planetary naps. planetary naps bring gal trouble for gals and you weaken the players gal when u attack his gal. + when people played well with a gal for 2 months and having lots of fun it realy doesn't boost moral when your alliance is making dust of ur gal mates of course there are people who will never care about working with theyr gals and going completley singel. My gal r8 was maybe the most fun i had since r4

Btw what alliances is going seriouse? most i guess but my bet is that the loosers will say "we didn't care in r 9.5" :P

i guess most alliances is going singel wich is good

Gl to all alliances from me and gratz tot/eclipse with victory.

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:54   #79
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut

Without the dumb, there would be no clever
i told you, you look good

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 02:04   #80
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Perhaps you don't yet realize how stupid your blatant misinterpretation of Germania's argument makes you look, but perhaps you should consider the nature of your trolling and the detrimental effect it has on AD before wasting any of our time in the future.
First of all, your a far bigger troll than ever will be.
Then I will add, considering some of the Fury's comments here, that they havent "got it" yet. So my point is perfectly valid, while you are just "look Im so important and Im posting without adding anything". Also, congrats with atleast 3 pure troll posts on this side in this tread.
Have a nice day.

P.S Sorry Rob.. but atleast we can still wait for a reply heh?
Unread 17 May 2003, 02:50   #81
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
you are just "look Im so important and Im posting without adding anything".
While you pretend to be important and post without adding anything.

Night ole chap.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 17 May 2003, 02:55   #82
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
While you pretend to be important and post without adding anything.

Night ole chap.
I didnt know I was important, nor pretending to be. Tnx for telling me old chap
Unread 17 May 2003, 02:58   #83
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
I didnt know I was important, nor pretending to be. Tnx for telling me old chap
Life would be dull without you on AD. Who would be my favourite troll to actually play with?

What would I do to wittle away the hours of boredom?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 17 May 2003, 05:14   #84
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
<Zhukov> Hello, pot?
<Pot> Yes?
<Zhukov> YOU'RE BLACK AAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA!!!!! OWNED!

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 22:59   #85
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Life would be dull without you on AD. Who would be my favourite troll to actually play with?

Ive already suggested you could get a rl.
Try it out sometime.

Sqrl, try getting a sense of humor atleast
Unread 17 May 2003, 23:53   #86
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Ive already suggested you could get a rl.
Try it out sometime.

Sqrl, try getting a sense of humor atleast
Am doing. Mind you, at least I still do have a reason to be here.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 17 May 2003, 23:53   #87
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:

Get a decent sized planet??

Sorry, couldn't resist - and this is where you now make me look stupid by having a massive planet this round.
Unread 18 May 2003, 00:06   #88
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
Get a decent sized planet??

Sorry, couldn't resist - and this is where you now make me look stupid by having a massive planet this round.

'massive' heh =)
Unread 19 May 2003, 17:42   #89
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:
Then I will add, considering some of the Fury's comments here, that they havent "got it" yet. So my point is perfectly valid, while you are just "look Im so important and Im posting without adding anything". Also, congrats with atleast 3 pure troll posts on this side in this tread.
Have a nice day.

P.S Sorry Rob.. but atleast we can still wait for a reply heh?
I've always considered a troll to be someone who deliberately misinterprets someone's argument or point of view, or says something that they know is no more than controversially true, with the intent of starting an argument.

If your post about waiting for Germania to state that Elcipse/ToT doesn't meet that definition, then I don't know what does. You deliberately misinterpret Germania's arguments in the past about the round ending early and attempt to make them apply to a situation in which they don't. Germania argued that because the round ended with no warning, that there was logical space left for things to change. In r9, the round ended earlier than originally planned, but the change was announced 4-5 days ahead of time. Even if YOU think there is no difference between them, it is clear from Germania's previous posts in the r8 argument that he WOULD see a relevant difference.

You claim that I have 3 troll posts on this page. Seeing as I have only 3 posts prior to this one, I will now show how my 3 posts are not trolling.

I inferred from your post to which I first replied that your "argument" went something like this:
1. Germania thinks that r8 final standings are bollocks because the round ended early.
2. Germania thinks that rounds that end early cannot have final standings of any value.
3. r9 ended early.
4. Therefore Germania must think that r9's final standings have no value.

You of course know that Germania won't accept that conclusion, and you were hoping to start another argument by forcing him into it.

My reply was meant to tell you, in short form, that your "argument" doesn't work. Germania doesn't have to accept a formulation of 1 that is anything like what I have attributed to you. Germania's argument would look something more like this:

1. Germania thinks that r8's final standings are bollocks because the round ended with no warning, and hence no opportunity to attempt all valid tactics.
2. r9 ended with 4-5 days warning, and hence any competant alliance had an opportunity to attempt all valid tactics.
3. r9's final standings are valid.

You can accuse me of flaming in my post Zhukov, and I readily admit to that. I would contest the claim that I was trolling however, as I was
a. responding to what I inferred to be your argument, and not deliberated misrepresenting it.

and

b. attempting to halt an argument, not create one.

My 2nd post on this page was a reply to Rumad, in which I denigrated his post with the bananas. Again, I readily admit that it was a flame-job. I don't like Rumad, and I don't like his posting style or style of argumentation. I would not call my post trolling, however, as I was not attempting to misrepresent his "point" with the intent of drawing him into an argument. I was merely attacking him for being an ass.

My 3rd post is perhaps the most blatantly non-trolling. I express my desire to have posters who are contentless banned, as well as my desire for the removal of the bananas, which I consider to be an eyesore. I didn't even really flame in that post, let alone troll.

If you wish to revise your statement to say that I am far more of a flamer than you will ever be, I will gladly accept that title, but please do not call me a troll.
Unread 20 May 2003, 19:53   #90
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I miss e-chicks. Bring back e-chicks at 1nce!!!!!111pld fs
You forgot to add that trolls also use misquotations and e-chicks

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote