User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 May 2005, 21:06   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
[Discuss] Free ship research.

There was a point on this thread http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=185107 asking for extra research on the core extraction, but to me that just adds more ships to the galaxy, which makes things harder for players to attack, and thats not good in my eyes.

Then someone made a point that people could build pods with it.

That got me thinking.

How about an added research on this, that allows small amount of pod ships to be auto-built, instead of resources.

For instance, 2 daggers per tick would be useless to a big planet, but to a small planet it could help roids to keep moving around, especially if combined with a mail every so often to the planet suggesting an attack.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2005, 22:16   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Free ship research.

is making attacking harder really a problem right now, it is easy enough at the moment.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2005, 22:22   #3
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

ok maybe harder was the wrong word.

What I mean, is attacking needs to attractive. If you give ppl free res they end up with loads of kill ships, and few roids, which simply stagntes the lower universe and feeds up.

Give them pods and a way of getting roids, and roids keep moving.
Unread 5 May 2005, 23:23   #4
Forest

At the risk of getting it closed for me spamming it, I would REALLY like this discussed.
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:15   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I like that idea, although would the player decide which pods get built? For example I want mosquitoes, not hornets at this stage of the game, so it would be a bummer if I couldn't decide or change it.

However, I think roids injected into the universe is a bit better for three reasons:

1) Promotes attacking still, but gives people the resources to do as they please
2) Pods provide some of, if not the, best flak at the moment and it would be a shame to see these being used as defensive ships in some cases (stupid reason really)
3) Ships produced each tick may be fleetcaught on inactive players (sure its what, 2 daggers, not a big deal) and if they have been saved up for a while its going to be a minor setback for them nonetheless, whereas stacked resources are given to the planet to spend as they like.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 15:52   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think this deserves a lot more discussion

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:39   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Discuss] Free ship research.

Sorry Forest, I totally missed this one first time around.

It's a creative idea, but I prefer the Core Resources option for giving more freedom to players. Mainly for the reasons Arfy said.