User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 20:48   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Cruel game this is

Watching sandman is half the game and today’s adventures especially.
One top 30gal lost almost 50% percent of their roids and to that add some 10 percent value etc…

Talking about demoralizing, I’ll beet some in that gal will stop playing after that hit
Even thought I weren’t in that gal or had any anticipation what so ever I must say I feel for those guys….

It’s a war game and with this low member/gal counts I’ll guess more of this “to the death” hits are still to come

I’m not even sure if I had any Allie mates in there but nevertheless that hit must have hurt someone bad…
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 21:13   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Cruel game this is

http://sandmans.co.uk/?p=rankgalaxy&...st&order2=DESC

a lot of gals have had it tough.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 21:59   #3
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

ffs whats with all these thread bitching about people attacking in a war game, if you attack small galaxys you get moaned at if you attack big galaxys you get moaned at, and im fairly sure if you attack a gal slap bang in the middle someone from that gal will come on moaning about it.

firstly attacking small gals, if they attack small gals they are n00bs and a waste of space to themselves and their alliance, hopefully they will be roided then die a slow painfu7l death and rot in hell.

WE ALL KNOW THIS THERE HAVE BEEN ABOUT 30 THREADS ABOUT IT

next wiping big gals off the face of the earth, let me explain, they have roids (on average more than other gals) roids are there to be taken, hence they get hit hard. the only way to really get thru successfully on a big galaxy is to put a few waves on them, maybe 3/4 on their big planets. FFS these are people who are at the top for a reason they have alliances and galm8's capable of staying there. Now imagine the freaky coincidnece that 2 alliances capable of hitting top 10 gals (by my reconing i would say 16 down to coven) all decide to hit t10 gals the same night ( not realy unlikely tbh, at least 6 are gonna be double booked meaning the big planets in 6 gals are gonna get 5/6/7 waves on them.

WHY in gods name are you complaining about this, you should be celebrating the fact that they are fighting amongst themselves and not out taking 20 roids for 0 XP off some n00bs, yes it might be a bit of bad luck but in the ned of the day it is a WAR game (cant stand the heat ge6t out of the kitchen)
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:16   #4
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

“thread bitching”, “moaning” none what so ever, merely a statement about the fact that this game can be cruel (which is why I play this game )

You misread it terrible dude….

You know even in war there can be some feelings towards the poor losing sods: P

Btw are you having a nervous breakdown at the moment ?
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:24   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Talking about demoralizing, I’ll beet some in that gal will stop playing after that hit
Maybe they will but they shouldn't. Losing roids isn't much of a setback if you're able to look after your ships.
I lost 80% of my roids in the space of a day last round, within 3 days I had them all back with interest.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 02:32   #6
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

What about you shut up until members of those gals actually came on AD/PD and complained about this themselves. I’m in one of the top gals that actually receive a shitload of incs and I doubt I’m alone when I say that this is a lot more entertaining then fencesitting without incs for the entire round. This is actually a challenge and if you give up after losing a few roids, this just isn’t you game.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:38   #7
REacz

REacz is infamous around these partsREacz is infamous around these parts

My gal got hit....hard, 4 waves on every planet (except me, for some reason).

We went from being in the top 10 to being in the top 30....but you carry on...and tbh most of the planets were roid fat anyway.
REacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:51   #8
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Lol my little gal (around 50th) had around 60 fleets incoming today in everything between 1 and 5 waves, was dull ofc, but its part of the game Atleast i can sleep safe a few nights now.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 15:03   #9
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it makes you smile a smile when you see
16 other planets in your galaxy have incoming hostile fleets!
Well made me smile a weak smile today hehe but Still Its what makes the game a challange trying to get alliance/galaxy to try and scare/kill/wound the incomings

Otherwise what else would we do? fence sitting is for birds.

p.s bet the majority of gals who see Incoming fleets are also sending to a galaxy who will have wave upon wave of the same

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 15:13   #10
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

I have actually broken a mouse because of it though.

Had a REALLY bad day at uni (One of those days that is just awful and everything goes wrong), was really looking forward to seeing how my fleet did; not only did it die but 17 other planets had inc fleet and i was being 5-waved. Its funny now

(mouse got thrown)
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 15:18   #11
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
I have actually broken a mouse because of it though.

Had a REALLY bad day at uni (One of those days that is just awful and everything goes wrong), was really looking forward to seeing how my fleet did; not only did it die but 17 other planets had inc fleet and i was being 5-waved. Its funny now

(mouse got thrown)
LOL I have 2 days like that
4 waves pre launch my ships ok and forget I have built something.
I then notice on my 3rd wave there is ships home that dont die but will die next tick If i leave them home. So i cancel pre launch add them to fleet and then.. THE missus calls bla bla chatting away start my work again and then you see its 1159 and suddenly your face kinda heats up and you think "SHIT" and quickly trying to click on mission screen but for some reason the loading bar takes 3 minutes and by the time it appears you see NEWS and kinda weep when you remember that it was ZIK incoming and for some reason you aint top 200 anymore but top 400 :/

I done it twice so far and broke 1 keyboard for it.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 15:27   #12
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I then notice on my 3rd wave there is ships home that dont die but will die next tick If i leave them home. So i cancel pre launch add them to fleet and then.. THE missus calls bla bla chatting away start my work again and then you see its 1159 and suddenly your face kinda heats up and you think "SHIT" and quickly trying to click on mission screen but for some reason the loading bar takes 3 minutes and by the time it appears you see NEWS and kinda weep when you remember that it was ZIK incoming and for some reason you aint top 200 anymore but top 400 :/

lol!
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 15:38   #13
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Noah I think that's the feeling we all pay for
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 15:42   #14
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

god bless you noah

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 10:18   #15
REacz

REacz is infamous around these partsREacz is infamous around these parts

I just realised the topic of this thread is just like what Yoda speaks like...omfg are you Yoda Mr.Thread Maker? And if so why not use your powers of the force to destroy the evul roiders? :O
REacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 12:41   #16
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02

Why cant i land on someone like you
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 22:29   #17
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point

when a gal in this new version of PA, gets the inbound like 253.1 in Rd4 got, or many gals in Rd5-6-7-8 got, then you all can start complaining.

heheh 4 waves isnt nothing compared to some of the waves i had seen over the course of the early rounds.

/me fades back out of the forums, only looking at this almost forgotten board out of pure boredom
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 11:45   #18
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrealean
when a gal in this new version of PA, gets the inbound like 253.1 in Rd4 got, or many gals in Rd5-6-7-8 got, then you all can start complaining.

heheh 4 waves isnt nothing compared to some of the waves i had seen over the course of the early rounds.

/me fades back out of the forums, only looking at this almost forgotten board out of pure boredom
Attacking there lasted 3 ticks tough, which makes an awfull big difference

u need ~80 fleets to 4 wave a galaxy these days