User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 17 Aug 2005, 11:31   #151
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough
Re: Most impressive and most dissapointing alliance so far o_O

hmz

yeah well good thing FanG is the top tier alilance :s

i know i prefer the nd i'm part of above the FanG i fought along side with paX.

ANd hmmz, the 35 members round, that where u split of your alliance and then suddenly stopped growing etc, or does my memory fail me here (wasn't playing that rnd), just asking.

in any case,
the past is the past
u can't change it
you shouldn't brag bout it, as at any given moment there cld be someone overtaking you.
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 11:48   #152
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Are you saying ND members never put effort in before?
Are you saying you ignore to read what I wrote and give another meaning to my words ... ???

to answer: no, I did not say that.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 11:49   #153
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten
hmz

yeah well good thing FanG is the top tier alilance :s

i know i prefer the nd i'm part of above the FanG i fought along side with paX.

ANd hmmz, the 35 members round, that where u split of your alliance and then suddenly stopped growing etc, or does my memory fail me here (wasn't playing that rnd), just asking.

in any case,
the past is the past
u can't change it
you shouldn't brag bout it, as at any given moment there cld be someone overtaking you.
We split off and grew immensly. We weren't top15 when we split off and we weren't top5 on avg score and roids. I think we improved greatly that round.

Where did you get that from,that we stopped growing?

And Berten, ofc you don't like us from r10, I think the feeling towards Dragons was mutual but it was just a needed partnership, nothing more really.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Aug 2005, 12:19   #154
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

where i got it?? i dno just trolling i guess

guess you're right bout the paX thing
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 12:26   #155
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
How on earth has me slagging off ND (cause I don't think they ever were a good alliance) has anything to do with how Angels played last round? Yes I think ND were 1up puppets cause they weren't even close to the skills 1up has (avg score, roids, leadership, ...). Their success was 100% depending on that of 1up ... we saw that last round.

Angels however were nearly the same quality as Exilition (agreed that they were better) and our succes did not only depend on how Exilition played ... infact, I think it wasn't THAT much related nway since we only napped Exilition and did the occassional joined attack while ND was in a full block with 1up attacking EACH night together etc ...
So your definition of a "puppet" alliance is the lesser skilled alliance between two cooperating alliances? Then I agree. ND was puppets but so was Angels compared to Exil. I just assumed that by puppets you meant that they did whatever 1up told them to do or that their actions strongly helped 1up achieve victory.

And you claim last round proved how dependant ND was on the success of 1up. Others might argue that it also showed how dependant 1up was on ND`s success. Isn’t that what cooperation is all about?
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 12:34   #156
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You have no fking clue why we merged for this round. You wouldn't know the sligthest thing about it. Try and boost ourselves ... get real ffs.
Well IIRC you were one of the main protesters against the SiN/ND merge last round. I know you are going to say it is completely different because that was midround but I would guess that the reasoning behind it is the same, ie the memberbase of the alliance would have had a crap round without it.
I'm not saying that you did merge to be a better alliance but it is slightly hypocritical of you to have a go at relig for that when you were accusing ND of exactly the same thing last round, albeit under slightly different circumstances.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 12:51   #157
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Sorry but ND is more than just Gate and im sure he'l be the first (second behind me ) to admit that.
He's right you know. :|

I've just been very lucky to stroll in at a time where we aren't getting hammered by one of the best alliances I've ever seen play the game from PT200ish (bearing in mind, I started r10).

However, I'm sure ND's real test is still to come, I'm proud ND have stood up through some hellish nights of incoming, but someone is going to come for us properly sooner or later.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 13:07   #158
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Well IIRC you were one of the main protesters against the SiN/ND merge last round. I know you are going to say it is completely different because that was midround but I would guess that the reasoning behind it is the same, ie the memberbase of the alliance would have had a crap round without it.
I'm not saying that you did merge to be a better alliance but it is slightly hypocritical of you to have a go at relig for that when you were accusing ND of exactly the same thing last round, albeit under slightly different circumstances.
Heh, do you think I like merging? Not cause we took this decision that I LIKE taking it (merging in general)? It's like allying with Dragons r10, that aswell I did not like yet we did it nway.

I did not have a go at relig cause of the merger, I didn't even mention YOUR merger in this thread ... I just said he doesn't have the slightest clue about why we merged.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Aug 2005, 13:19   #159
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

and again a thread becomes a fight between some ppl \o/
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 13:20   #160
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
and again a thread becomes a fight between some ppl \o/
yea, its getting annoying and boring. if they would atleast make their own thread about it.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 13:25   #161
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
yea, its getting annoying and boring. if they would atleast make their own thread about it.
Yeah, whining thread would be nice for some people
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 19:14   #162
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Kj is good at hijacking threads. So are 1up.
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 20:33   #163
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Kj is good
See I can read aswell

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 09:27   #164
BlueDemon

BlueDemon is on a distinguished road

Most impressive and most dissapointing alliance so far o_O <===== apparently i misunderstood that
BlueDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 17:45   #165
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Yes I think ND were 1up puppets cause they weren't even close to the skills 1up has (avg score, roids, leadership, ...).
Kj how would you know the first damn thing about ND's leadership or command style. You in meetings with them? hang out with them at the pub?
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 20:33   #166
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

lol. u tell him duck
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 20:39   #167
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
Kj how would you know the first damn thing about ND's leadership or command style. You in meetings with them? hang out with them at the pub?
have u ever been to the pub with gate and co??

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 21:18   #168
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm sensing offtopic discussion.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 21:55   #169
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

is it just me or is kj talking about ND like he knows everything about how it works, who does what etc ? funny how coming from a guy who goes insane when someone says a word about his alliance and rants about how they should shut up since they're not in it etc.

furthermore, you(kj) slag off ND and try to imply that the rest of the uni look at them as merely as 1up's puppets when your alliances' "glorious" performance in r13, even though it's seen as utter wank by a majority in the major(note the lack of the word 'other' here) alliances (LCH, Exil, 1up) other than themselves ?

hypocrisy (though not technically the case at hand here) has always been a strong point of yours eh?

impressive alliance this rnd: Reunion
disappointing: 1up.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:38   #170
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
OMG 1up propaganda!!!!!!!!!!112
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:50   #171
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

so far I've been impressed with Newdawn coming back from having a bad round 13.

the most dissapointing so far i must say has been NoS.

My old alliance seem to be struggling.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:10   #172
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

nah, what i expected of us and what we've churned out isn't the same.

don't get me wrong, the rest of you are all still utterly ****ing shit and worse

but we should be even better/bigger/etc.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:12   #173
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
Now that is a horrifying thought :eek:
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 08:40   #174
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
nah, what i expected of us and what we've churned out isn't the same.

don't get me wrong, the rest of you are all still utterly ****ing shit and worse

but we should be even better/bigger/etc.
FFS

does that imply that your "impressive" opinion about this alliance called reunion isnt that good then ? or even worse ! did you expect them to do much worse !!!111oneoneone

i think ive to analrape you jernub :P
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 09:15   #175
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
is it just me or is kj talking about ND like he knows everything about how it works, who does what etc ? funny how coming from a guy who goes insane when someone says a word about his alliance and rants about how they should shut up since they're not in it etc.

furthermore, you(kj) slag off ND and try to imply that the rest of the uni look at them as merely as 1up's puppets when your alliances' "glorious" performance in r13, even though it's seen as utter wank by a majority in the major(note the lack of the word 'other' here) alliances (LCH, Exil, 1up) other than themselves ?

hypocrisy (though not technically the case at hand here) has always been a strong point of yours eh?

impressive alliance this rnd: Reunion
Funny how some pple (YOU) manage to write so much rubbish in so little lines ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Aug 2005, 09:22   #176
jerome

it just wouldn't be as fun if i spelt it out for you
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 10:32   #177
jerome

Quote:
Funny how some pple (YOU) manage to write so much rubbish in so little lines ...
point it out please?

what do you know about ND's working?

and you must surely be aware of the absolute lack of respect for your beloved alliance, yes ?

and it's been shown in AD for years that you've tendencies to be highly hypocritical hasn't it?

i'm sure it's very hurtful to your pride/ego, but the point stands.

(my last post was meant to be to legator btw, left the page on not realising i hadn't clicked post etc, didn't see kj's reply until now)
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 11:21   #178
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
point it out please?

what do you know about ND's working?

and you must surely be aware of the absolute lack of respect for your beloved alliance, yes ?

and it's been shown in AD for years that you've tendencies to be highly hypocritical hasn't it?

i'm sure it's very hurtful to your pride/ego, but the point stands.

(my last post was meant to be to legator btw, left the page on not realising i hadn't clicked post etc, didn't see kj's reply until now)
ok, to answer your questions ...

I don't need to know how ND works to SEE what's HAPPENING in PA, on AD, on IRC ... Politics is something very easy to follow. I'm sure they don't have a meeting saying "let's play 1up puppets" but that's how I perceive their politics, I'm just me, Kj, I'm not the entire world ... feel free to disagree here.

Lack of respect for Angels? Maybe from you yes, though the majority of pple I've spoken to have good to great respect for Angels (including alot of 1up AND ND pple). Maybe you belong to the group that doesn't, good for you ...

Me higly hypocritical tendencies ... ? Well, maybe you think so, though I get along with most posters on IRC and I think you're mixing up hypocricy with "he doesn't post they way I want him to" ... then again, I find you one of the biggest trolls on AD, that's just MY opinion as you made YOUR opinion about me ... fair enough.

Hurt my ego? not really.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Aug 2005, 11:34   #179
jerome

Quote:
ok, to answer your questions ...

I don't need to know how ND works to SEE what's HAPPENING in PA, on AD, on IRC ... Politics is something very easy to follow. I'm sure they don't have a meeting saying "let's play 1up puppets" but that's how I perceive their politics, I'm just me, Kj, I'm not the entire world ... feel free to disagree here.
that's all good and then. then please refrain from sounding like your narrating their exact policies

Quote:
Lack of respect for Angels? Maybe from you yes, though the majority of pple I've spoken to have good to great respect for Angels (including alot of 1up AND ND pple). Maybe you belong to the group that doesn't, good for you ...
i think you need a raincheck on that.

Quote:
Me higly hypocritical tendencies ... ? Well, maybe you think so, though I get along with most posters on IRC and I think you're mixing up hypocricy with "he doesn't post they way I want him to" ... then again, I find you one of the biggest trolls on AD, that's just MY opinion as you made YOUR opinion about me ... fair enough.
fyi:
(11:30:12) <@jer> pdict hypocrisy
(11:30:13) <ph34rbot> pdict: 2 results for hypocrisy
(11:30:14) <ph34rbot> 1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
(11:30:14) <ph34rbot> 2. An act or instance of such falseness.

and i'm not too sure if i'm a troll or not, atm my "mission" is to burst pretentious bubbles.

about your ego; check your last post before the one i just quoted, it seems like you were, if not fair enough, if so, shrug etc.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 12:02   #180
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
that's all good and then. then please refrain from sounding like your narrating their exact policies

i think you need a raincheck on that.

fyi:
(11:30:12) <@jer> pdict hypocrisy
(11:30:13) <ph34rbot> pdict: 2 results for hypocrisy
(11:30:14) <ph34rbot> 1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
(11:30:14) <ph34rbot> 2. An act or instance of such falseness.

and i'm not too sure if i'm a troll or not, atm my "mission" is to burst pretentious bubbles.

about your ego; check your last post before the one i just quoted, it seems like you were, if not fair enough, if so, shrug etc.
Then I guess all pple pm'ing on IRC talking about Angels are just lying to me and the good pple I receive pm's from to join us (eventhough we're not playing this round) must be ignorant cause you, jerome, sure know it better then others.

your mission ... don't make me laugh, you great moral knight ... With what you call is your mission, the pretention is literally dripping off you, and you claim I'm a hypocrit ... seriously, judge your own actions first I'd say.

Dunno about my previous posts, but it doesn't affect my ego or anything. I reply cause I like to argue and have discussions, nothing more really.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Aug 2005, 12:36   #181
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
FFS

does that imply that your "impressive" opinion about this alliance called reunion isnt that good then ? or even worse ! did you expect them to do much worse !!!111oneoneone

i think ive to analrape you jernub :P

i think reunion are doing well to keep it together atm as every man and his dog seems to be attacking them. Keep up the good work lads and ladys.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 13:53   #182
jerome

Quote:
Then I guess all pple pm'ing on IRC talking about Angels are just lying to me and the good pple I receive pm's from to join us (eventhough we're not playing this round) must be ignorant cause you, jerome, sure know it better then others.
are you honestly saying the 'general' view of angels is of high stature (regarding r13 performance)?

Quote:
your mission ... don't make me laugh, you great moral knight ... With what you call is your mission, the pretention is literally dripping off you, and you claim I'm a hypocrit ... seriously, judge your own actions first I'd say.
totally flew over your head didn't it?
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:16   #183
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
are you honestly saying the 'general' view of angels is of high stature (regarding r13 performance)?

Thought you meant Angels as a whole ...

About r13, I don't see what's so invalid with the politics we used, which is to avoid heavy battle and get our way up the ranks due to well played politics (without blocking or creating hundred naps) ...

What EXACTLY do you blame us for, jerome? that we had less incs then you, you pissed about that? I mean, we did not cheat, we did no block, we did not recruit and we did not fence sit (definition here is to be in one side and have deals with the other side) to reach where we ended last round ... yet we did something wrong in your eyes (and by you the entire community as you're speaking on behalf of them it seems).

Plz tell me jerome, what's bothering you so much about our way of playing last round. (I'm genuinly interested here, not just trying to provoke).

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:18   #184
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Sorry but subtle use of the English language sadly isn't meant for me so don't try it on me either. My english isn't well enough tbh.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:20   #185
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Now this intrigues me.

I think it would be a brave man who didn't admit 1up were a quality alliance. However, not once in my role as 1up command and in all the time I'm opped in #public has anyone ever PM'd me to tell me what a great alliance 1up are. I've been pm'd plenty of times to tell me 1up are a set of ****s and should have their families raped by horny e,lephants but certainly have no pm's of the variety you claim to get on such a regular basis, ever had the good fortune to cross my path.

My question is:

Who are these people that randomnly come up to you and blow sunshine up Angels arses? Do they come straight to you or do they say something along the line of "fs - ANGEL ARE GOOD OK!!!!" after you've been harassing them for 20 minutes about why Angels have never fencesat and FAnG never cheated?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:34   #186
jerome

Quote:
Plz tell me jerome, what's bothering you so much about our way of playing last round. (I'm genuinly interested here, not just trying to provoke).
it bothers me is that you seem to get on a high horse when downplaying other alliances (namely ND) when the main reason for your "success"(heh) was politics when ofcourse, it's the same thing there.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:37   #187
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Where are you? i wanna pm you \o/
Just to make up the stats in your favour too :P

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:37   #188
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ive had 27 people pm'ing me over 4 rounds wanting to join.

I told them all to **** off and pm Kjeldoran
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:40   #189
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Thought you meant Angels as a whole ...

About r13, I don't see what's so invalid with the politics we used, which is to avoid heavy battle and get our way up the ranks due to well played politics (without blocking or creating hundred naps) ...

What EXACTLY do you blame us for, jerome? that we had less incs then you, you pissed about that? I mean, we did not cheat, we did no block, we did not recruit and we did not fence sit (definition here is to be in one side and have deals with the other side) to reach where we ended last round ... yet we did something wrong in your eyes (and by you the entire community as you're speaking on behalf of them it seems).

Tactically yes, that's completely fine. But what can anyone remember Angels for exactly? For such a promising alliance to lack any balls whatsoever on actually -doing- anything. You stood back and let the #1 alliance win in order to hold onto a rank you believe you 'earnt' through hardwork. It galled you (don't deny it) when people actually thought 1up was the 2nd best performing alliance for the round in that thread even though we finished way down in the rankings.

I'm sure Angels was a great alliance, but it never got to show its potential I feel, and that Kjeldoran is why you'll be fighting till the grave to prove otherwise.

Respect is generally earnt, and Angels did nothing to earn respect from me at least. I simply can't respect an alliance who sits back and avoids every war because it might affect their rankings. Say what you want about the older rounds and Fury/Legion/Xanadu but at least all of those alliances fought -something- in every round they played.

Again, the tactic is sound and perfectly alright, but I'll -never- respect any alliance using it - be it you, or NoS, or whoever else.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:43   #190
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Where are you? i wanna pm you \o/
Just to make up the stats in your favour too :P
Hiding from the onslaught of Kjeldoran.

It's coming - I can feel the heat from here

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 14:46   #191
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

It is a vallid tactic but it will never gain you much respect.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:19   #192
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Now this intrigues me.

I think it would be a brave man who didn't admit 1up were a quality alliance. However, not once in my role as 1up command and in all the time I'm opped in #public has anyone ever PM'd me to tell me what a great alliance 1up are. I've been pm'd plenty of times to tell me 1up are a set of ****s and should have their families raped by horny e,lephants but certainly have no pm's of the variety you claim to get on such a regular basis, ever had the good fortune to cross my path.

My question is:

Who are these people that randomnly come up to you and blow sunshine up Angels arses? Do they come straight to you or do they say something along the line of "fs - ANGEL ARE GOOD OK!!!!" after you've been harassing them for 20 minutes about why Angels have never fencesat and FAnG never cheated?
Yesterday for instance, I had a nice chat with The_Fish and he at some point mentionned that he thinks Angels is a good quality alliance. Normally me and Fish fight alot on AD but I don't think he's a liar so if he told me that in pm (mind you the pm wasn't about that but it came up at some point) ...

That's just an example, and to answer your question, no pple don't pm me to tell me what they think of Angels, but just like most HC's I talk to alot of pple outside my alliance, and I genuinly get the feeling that they respect my alliance.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:22   #193
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Tactically yes, that's completely fine. But what can anyone remember Angels for exactly? For such a promising alliance to lack any balls whatsoever on actually -doing- anything. You stood back and let the #1 alliance win in order to hold onto a rank you believe you 'earnt' through hardwork. It galled you (don't deny it) when people actually thought 1up was the 2nd best performing alliance for the round in that thread even though we finished way down in the rankings.

I'm sure Angels was a great alliance, but it never got to show its potential I feel, and that Kjeldoran is why you'll be fighting till the grave to prove otherwise.

Respect is generally earnt, and Angels did nothing to earn respect from me at least. I simply can't respect an alliance who sits back and avoids every war because it might affect their rankings. Say what you want about the older rounds and Fury/Legion/Xanadu but at least all of those alliances fought -something- in every round they played.

Again, the tactic is sound and perfectly alright, but I'll -never- respect any alliance using it - be it you, or NoS, or whoever else.
Heh so according to your logics you would respect FAnG more then Angels (given that we fought for several rounds against eachother)?

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:23   #194
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
no but I sure as hell spent hours in meetings with them, I was ND HC for quite some time, think I can speak intelligently about their plans
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:26   #195
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
it bothers me is that you seem to get on a high horse when downplaying other alliances (namely ND) when the main reason for your "success"(heh) was politics when ofcourse, it's the same thing there.
To summarize it then, you're just annoyed by my arrogance in which I downplayed ND? Well I admit I've been extremely hard on them but I have some anti feelings towards them (as I have against Elysium for obvious reasons) and maybe that added to the fact that ND pple keep jumping on my alliance aswell (works both ways you know) often gets me to react in a rather harsh way I guess.

It's just one of those feelings, like e.g. Focht had against FAnG, like forest has against anything related to Dragons/Phraktos/Exilition (for whatever reason) and MotoX has against everyone and especially 1up

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:27   #196
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Hiding from the onslaught of Kjeldoran.

It's coming - I can feel the heat from here
You're lucky they block IRC here at work !!!

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:47   #197
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Yesterday for instance, I had a nice chat with The_Fish and he at some point mentionned that he thinks Angels is a good quality alliance.

ND AER TEH NEW ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

ftw

Quote:
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:48   #198
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Heh so according to your logics you would respect FAnG more then Angels (given that we fought for several rounds against eachother)?
In short, yes.

Quote:
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:51   #199
jerome

Quote:
To summarize it then, you're just annoyed by my arrogance in which I downplayed ND? Well I admit I've been extremely hard on them but I have some anti feelings towards them (as I have against Elysium for obvious reasons) and maybe that added to the fact that ND pple keep jumping on my alliance aswell (works both ways you know) often gets me to react in a rather harsh way I guess.

It's just one of those feelings, like e.g. Focht had against FAnG, like forest has against anything related to Dragons/Phraktos/Exilition (for whatever reason) and MotoX has against everyone and especially 1up
i was thinking more along the lines of stones and glass houses.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 15:57   #200
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
In short, yes.
heh, so basicly the only way for alliances to prove themselves and get respect is to join a blockwar ... cause no other alliance but 1up will EVER be able to win a round without having a mass block.

So that's what you're saying? You don't expect Angels to fight 1up on our own with 69pple AND win a round without having a block? Think about it, the only way an alliance can get respect from you is by blocking, cause in no other scenario will an alliance manage to put up a great fight.

Not because 1up managed it that any other alliance could aswell. Even IF there'd be an alliance equally strong of 1up, it'll still be impossible cause that alliance would find its match (1up) while 1up back then didn't find his match (yes that's a compliment).

But by all means, show me a strategy that doesn't involve blocks and in which you'd genuinly respect an alliance ...

FA Gaming community