User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Jun 2005, 10:50   #1
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
CTF Details

Whilst we're putting together an announcement, some people have requested I put the CTF details somewhere online. I'll delete this thread when the full announcement is made...

Planetarion is getting exciting! Despite the end of Round 13: Illusion of Truth, we still have some new and enjoyable things for you.
Most of you who have played Planetarion in previous rounds will be aware of Havoc. Typically, we run the game for a week after the final rankings have been taken from the game. With resource and asteroid boosts, this time is used by planets to launch fun attacks retalliating again persistent hostile incomings or perhaps against their HC.
Hoever, this round things are going to be different. We are going to be playing Capture the Flag.
How, I hear you ask, does CTF translate to the Planetarion Universe? Here are the details:
Each galaxy will be given a Special Roid. This will be their galaxy flag. If you're not aware what Special Roids are, then ask around; they've been a new addition for this round.
Galaxies will then battle it out to steal as many flags as they can, whilst defending any flags they have retreived themselves.
At the end of CTF havoc, galaxies will be ranked according to the flags they have at that point in time.
Each flag is worth 1 point. However, if a galaxy holds it's own flag, that flag is worth 5 points.
Now not only will this be a fun alteration to the usual Planetarion gameplay, to win your galaxy will have to function as a unit... Your alliance is of no use to you any more.
As incentive to win, we have prizes up for grabs. The top three scoring planets in the winning galaxy will each receive a free Planetarion credit for use in any main game round.
You can keep track of the Flag Asteroids on the Universe Misc page and a galaxy ranking for CTF will appear on the same page soon.
This is the first time anything like this has been attempted, so we're more than happy to hear your feedback and suggestions. You can contact us on IRC (#support), via email or telepathy (or phone if you're one of my real life friends :P).
So. Good luck. Happy roiding.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 11:05   #2
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Re: CTF Details

Tis a good idea let the games begin!