User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jul 2014, 08:28   #101
Firebird

Re: Round 57 Alliance Stats

Its the name and the fact you were an ULT HC do you know how many times I wanted your gal hit :P

Wasn't until we were out of the running it actually happened :P
Unread 24 Jul 2014, 08:30   #102
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Its the name and the fact you were an ULT HC do you know how many times I wanted your gal hit :P

Wasn't until we were out of the running it actually happened :P
We hit the gal when we hit bf there was no reason to do it before.

Cardi kicked katador because he crashed after that we had no room in tag he was without a tag for a week or so before we told him to join spore.
Unread 24 Jul 2014, 09:46   #103
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
You can't really fence in-galaxy anymore because when alliances go to war, they will hit who they want.
If the people in said a are the ones picking the targets, they can shelter their galmates in hostile alliances from the worst of the incomings. If the people in a galaxy determine the politics of one or more alliances, they can do it even more effectively. That's why so few people are able to do it. Random peon #381 does not pick the targets, and certainly does nothing to influence the political landscape.

That doesn't mean you have to be a HC to pull it off. People with the "HC" rank often hang on to it far past their due date. Every alliance has a couple of HCs who are basically just furniture, often the majority. The people who get shit done are usually just those who choose to. They're Ex-P.F.C. Wintergreens, in essence.

It also doesn't matter if you're fencing or forting. For this to work effectively, you just need 1 key person in a hostile alliance.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 24 Jul 2014 at 10:01.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2014, 11:37   #104
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
And the members tell each other when their ally is hitting their galaxy, so they can ground and organise pl def etc etc etc
But hey if you want to believe that your members in those galaxy's are not sharing your allys attack details I have a lovely time share apt in sunny siberia that you might be interested in
That's why in some cases (when hitting Ultores) we didn't use the webbie and used in-house trustee Battle Group Leaders.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2014, 11:38   #105
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Clouds that Gal was Fenced to the hilt Spore,ULT,BF,ND

3x HC from diff alliances.
In essence it was fenced, but people still got roided, it's not like anyone in 3:10 was avoided. And besides, it was more of a Black Flag fort than a fenced galaxy, we just got lucky with randoms.
Unread 24 Jul 2014, 15:02   #106
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That's why in some cases (when hitting Ultores) we didn't use the webbie and used in-house trustee Battle Group Leaders.
and yet everyone still knows who's getting incs
Unread 24 Jul 2014, 16:20   #107
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
and yet everyone still knows who's getting incs
I got Ultores' land ticks from another "fenced galaxy"!
Unread 24 Jul 2014, 17:13   #108
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I got Ultores' land ticks from another "fenced galaxy"!
how come you barely covered any of our waves then?
Unread 24 Jul 2014, 18:40   #109
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Clouds is the DC, he prolly overcovered the first 5 and was out of def for the other 15.
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 14:05   #110
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Being in fence gals has never been a way to avoid individual gal member being hit while at war - indeed being in a gal with some of your opponent makes you a better target for ptargeting as there is less chance of def.
A fence galaxy however a, avoids all those pesky random gal raids - of which there were admittedly not too many after tick 300-400 last round. And as mentioned above b, has few/no alliances who actually have an in interest in seeing them fall - or more than a member or two within it fall. Thus very large incs to stop the gal getting a good rank at the end are avoided.
Interestingly enough, the landscape for fencing has changed. The traditional fence of 1-2 planets of each alliance will get you a ton of random raids now, since you don't risk pissing any alliance off by hitting such a galaxy.

It's now far better to be a fort of one or even two alliances. Fort avoidance is _everywhere_. Throwing in a couple of HC's also doesn't hurt. As the stats show, 3:10 was the best fenced galaxy last round. 1:4 had constant incoming early in the round before.. taadaa... becoming a fort of one alliance. Fort galaxies are left pretty much untouched before major wars start.

As for B, you very rarely see full galaxy incoming past pt 500, because of politics. But if it happens, a fence galaxy with the members spread out are far more likely to get it than a galaxy with 5 ult, etc.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 14:15   #111
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Clouds that Gal was Fenced to the hilt Spore,ULT,BF,ND

3x HC from diff alliances.
Let's be real here FB. You did everything you could to fence in 4:7, move players into other alliances and getting pnaps for all non-ult in gal. When we warred p3n and Faceless and Spore none of your galmates were touched despite being easy targets in a very hostile galaxy. In fact, Jintao's win was probably as much of an Ult win as it was p3n. He benefited from the ult fence while it lasted, and then still avoided incoming because of not being ult until he was frankly too big to stop. So you can act all holy and claim everyone else fenced and it sucks, but the fact is what your gal did was way more disgusting. It's not quite on the level of some HC's I've seen, that would pick enemy planets in their own galaxy at shared alliance TP's, then never put them up as targets for their alliance, but it's pretty damn close.

I was in a faceless fort myself, and I can tell you nobody roided me as much as faceless

Planets.
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),

Those damn emp races..
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 14:45   #112
Clouds

Quote:
If you're referring to the end of the round, we prioritised against CT and also attacked them simultaneously.

During the first block that Ultores participated in on Black Flag, we prioritised against Ultores using pre-launched FR/DE, as FI was basically deemed useless against your overwhelming CO fleets. (there was one night where Ultores landed for free as both raven & myself were awol that evening.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
Clouds is the DC, he prolly overcovered the first 5 and was out of def for the other 15.
You're quite bitter, aren't you agar3s. I'm quite efficient at not overcovering calls, and covering enough to force a recall.

Last edited by Clouds; 26 Jul 2014 at 14:54.
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 15:26   #113
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds
I'm quite efficient at not overcovering calls, and covering enough to force a recall.
You are not a bad Dc and you are commited to dcing but effiecent you are not. You always overcovered when I played with you. Only the fact deras was so blatant at it was the reason your overcovering went relatively unnoticed.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 15:29   #114
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
If you're referring to the end of the round, we prioritised against CT and also attacked them simultaneously.

During the first block that Ultores participated in on Black Flag, we prioritised against Ultores using pre-launched FR/DE, as FI was basically deemed useless against your overwhelming CO fleets. (there was one night where Ultores landed for free as both raven & myself were awol that evening.)

You're quite bitter, aren't you agar3s. I'm quite efficient at not overcovering calls, and covering enough to force a recall.
I remember you thought that too when you played for Ult and I had to recalc every call you did. Tell me, why would I be bitter?
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 15:40   #115
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
You are not a bad Dc and you are commited to dcing but effiecent you are not. You always overcovered when I played with you. Only the fact deras was so blatant at it was the reason your overcovering went relatively unnoticed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
I remember you thought that too when you played for Ult and I had to recalc every call you did. Tell me, why would I be bitter?
I have learned over the rounds to DC properly and not to overcover. So although I may have portrayed this trait in Ultores, and a portion in TGV (first 2-3 rounds), does not mean that I do this now. You get better with experience. And as I have been a dedicated DC for the past 4+ rounds, I have learned to DC efficiently. In-fact, I do what agar3s used to do with me; recalc certain members' DCing and recall fleets where necessary.
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 16:12   #116
Firebird

Golan I didn't move anyone anywhere so you can rule that out.

As for the P naps sn0w refused to play without it so we had one of two choices give him the Nap or play a round with 1 planet missing rendering us unable to compete.

Jintao was scanning for ult as well as p3n so say what you want about his NAP but it was beneficial for ULT as well.

Kata was kicked from ult for god knows what reason I still don't know we should have had 8 ult planets in gal.

Just to add to that even with them 3 planets effectively avoiding some incoming our gal was still hit the most.
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 17:25   #117
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
I have learned over the rounds to DC properly and not to overcover. So although I may have portrayed this trait in Ultores, and a portion in TGV (first 2-3 rounds), does not mean that I do this now. You get better with experience. And as I have been a dedicated DC for the past 4+ rounds, I have learned to DC efficiently. In-fact, I do what agar3s used to do with me; recalc certain members' DCing and recall fleets where necessary.
I wasn't skating you btw, just what I remembered. If you have improved then great
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2014, 22:09   #118
Zotnam
Over the moon

Quote:
Just to add to that even with them 3 planets effectively avoiding some incoming our gal was still hit the most.
You = your gal, not you personally.

And meh, you can take numbers out of context and make the situation look different from what it was. The only reason 4:7 ended on a high number were late round waves on Jintao, which amounted to 30% of the galaxies total incoming fleets. He said himself at the eorc that there were only 10 incoming fleets on him before pt 750. There were certainly many ult galaxies that got hit harder and more often than 4:7, numbers also show that btw.

Late round incs are generally easier to deal with for big planets. For one thing, as the top planet you now have a value lead of 3-4 mill on almost every planet attacking you (anyone outside top10 were 3 mill+ behind, outside top50 4m+). In the early-mid round, your value lead is 100-500k. Your gal mates are also high value. While there may have been 300 incoming on Jintao, it's fair to wonder how many he selfcovered at launch even. It speaks volumes about the quality of the incoming that he did not lose a single roid all round. The one night he had anything that looked like a serious wave, he went on vac I also had requests for def turned down by 4:7 ult members because they were saving it for Jintao.

Now, I can see why all these things help your gal in general, and Jintao in particular. But I really don't see how they helped Ult on a grand scale. Same for the other two pnappers. Hey cool, we got some free scans that p3n paid for and gave a top planet a little more xp.. So basically it could only happen because you had HC's that made decisions which were in the best interest of their galaxy, but not their alliance.

Planets.

Those damn emp races..