User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Feb 2007, 19:24   #351
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, who's winning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
They could approach another of the top 3 alliances and agree to hit the 3rd one in the top 3...
Happened already. #1 approaches #2 to kill #3. #3 goes down, but they will bring either #1 or #2 down with them.
So it pays off for only 1 party. Would you gamble on your side being the one crowned kings?
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 19:53   #352
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
If you play chess against an opponent with similar strength, the one playing white has always an advantage. The one playing black always plays for remis, unless white makes a mistake.
However, no one in PA is put in the position where they have to be the black player. Unlike chess, PA doesn't distribute the right to deal the first blow to one party, the right is there for any party to grab . And comparing a turn based game to real time is kinda a bad example, next thing you know PA is like tetris were everyone is just waiting for that one piece that allows them to make a line and move to the 'next' level.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 19:54   #353
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

1up went to war with LCH, eXilition went to war with 1up ... both won their initial rounds that way. Go figure. Don't you think that they gambled as well?
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 20:20   #354
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

You are speaking of two alliances competing for #1. That's a different scenario. Here you have 3 almost equal alliances.
I don't think eX or 1up won their rounds on a gamble. They went to war when they had to, knowing that they could win the war.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 20:39   #355
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
However, no one in PA is put in the position where they have to be the black player.
That's a bold statement, and you're supporting it how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
And comparing a turn based game to real time is kinda a bad example...
You claim that PA is not turn based? PA is per definition turn based.
Even so, chess is just an example. There is plenty more there not necessarily turn based.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 20:45   #356
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

The one thing that differs from previous rounds is that for once no one is “afraid” to hit someone.

Both 1up and eX had some “mysterious” no hit sign over them so alliances didn’t dare to make a move on them.

Today everyone among those top 10 can hit whoever they like and aren’t afraid to do so, witch in my mind are a good thing.

So this round gone stay alive right into the last day and I also believe this one gone be a very close one.

Go us!
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 20:45   #357
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are speaking of two alliances competing for #1. That's a different scenario. Here you have 3 almost equal alliances.
I don't think eX or 1up won their rounds on a gamble. They went to war when they had to, knowing that they could win the war.
r15 eXi started a war PT110ish till about 4/5 days before round end.
r11/12 1up started warring early on till PT600-700ish aswell.

It's PT600 now and there have been what 2/3 tiny wars for a few days?

3 almost equal alliances? I'd say GoSu+flak & Ct are only contenders, Destiny won't be competing for topspot. Which leaves a similar situation in r15 where you had 1up and eXi and Destiny being the Angels of r15.

Quote:

Even so, chess is just an example. There is plenty more there not necessarily turn based.
Ehhh??? No.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 20:46   #358
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
You can take action without waiting for others to do it first?

Quote:
It is not. It is comparable to a real time strategy game, where ticks happen every hour instead of every millisecond. Everyone can take action whenever they like without waiting for their turn.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 20:58   #359
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

from and outside point of view it may look like the top 3 allies have no intention to win, but in my opinion the situation is complicated.

from CTs POV: VgN want to stop Destiny from winning (before someone asks, no i can't prove that, i can only claim that i talked to VgN members and they told me that), so if CT goes to war with VgN, VgN might change it's mind and target CT. If CT targets Destiny, those two will go to war, meaning Destiny and CT staying at the same level (as in the short conflict a bit earlier in the round) and VgN keeps growing. both can't be in CTs interest.

from VgNs POV: CT is closing in on them; if they target Destiny, CT will overtake them. If they target CT without getting another ally to hit Destiny in the meanwhile, Destiny will grow to the roid level of VgN/CT. both ain't in the interest of VgN.

from Destinys POV: they are behind on roids, if they target CT, VgN pulls even further away, if they target VgN, CT pulls further away.

unless a fourth ally joins in i don't think that starting a war does benefit any of those three allies. it only benefits the one ally that stays out of it.

is it piss boring? hell yeah.
does this mean none of these three allies wants to win? no
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 21:50   #360
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
round 15 had more than 2 alliances competing for #1 im afraid to say
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 21:58   #361
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
yes cause allying half the universe is a great idea with so mnay players we have these days.
Have none of you heard of fluid politics.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 22:23   #362
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by [LDK]CarDinaL
---------------------------------------------
Yeah kree, cardinal is "cheater" in other game but well again dont make prapoganda coz u know that i dont cheat^^and now this is pa, so dont talk bs about me and gosu

(no personal insults please - JBG)
you are a proven cheater multiple times, not only account sharing, also signing up multiple accounts
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 22:24   #363
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockhead
Cardinal is no gôsu Member and will never be.

And Disc...Killmark wont be arround for some time....Police took his PCs away

All of them!
so why did you bother when Disc. was attacking him them?
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 23:33   #364
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree
so why did you bother when Disc. was attacking him them?
Lockhead can't bother, he is in my gal, Lockhead was away at the time, it was FeNiX's amazing idea. It's in the past now, no point debating something that hasn't changed anything, apart from my view of FeNiX

**sarcasm** <3 **sarcasm**
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 03:21   #365
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
3 almost equal alliances? I'd say GoSu+flak & Ct are only contenders, Destiny won't be competing for topspot. Which leaves a similar situation in r15 where you had 1up and eXi and Destiny being the Angels of r15.
Wrong. R15 1up and eX were much stronger than Angels. That became clear the first moment eX targetted angels. As much as i love angels, they were never contenders in r15.

This round you can't claim that either VGN or CT are much better than Destiny. If you followed the short 'wars' between CT and Destiny first, and between Destiny and Gosu / VGN later, you will see that no alliance came out a clear winner. What happened was one alliance lost roids one night, and the next night it was the other alliance. In between, both alliances lost value due to crashes, and lost roids to the rest of the universe.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 03:42   #366
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
You can take action without waiting for others to do it first?

It is not. It is comparable to a real time strategy game, where ticks happen every hour instead of every millisecond. Everyone can take action whenever they like without waiting for their turn.
Let's examine PA on a micro scale. Every hour the ticker goes planet by planet, executes orders (construction, production, military), moves fleets, calculates the battles at each planet. So in fact, PA is turn based.
But i am not only referring to the micro scale. On a macro scale, PA is also turn based. Each night alliances attack. One night alliance A hits alliance B. Next night alliance B will hit alliance A back. Next night Alliance C might join alliance A hitting alliance B, and so on and so forth. PA on a macro level is like a series of events which take place mostly between 3gmt and 7 gmt. So in fact, there are several analogies with turn based games.
Even so, the point is not whether PA is turn based or not, but whether the same criteria that aplies to turn based games applies here. I play my fair share of turn based board games, and my point was that in games where you have 3 players competing for the win things are much more complicated. When you have 2 players competing for the win and a third one who has the power to be kingmaker, things are much more complicated. When you have 2 players competing for the win and other players which don't really affect the end result, the stronger player will attack the second stronger player to ensure victory.
All rounds of PA where eX and 1up played fall imo in the last category. This round does not.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 04:12   #367
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Let's examine PA on a micro scale. Every hour the ticker goes planet by planet, executes orders (construction, production, military), moves fleets, calculates the battles at each planet. So in fact, PA is turn based.
We disagree here. The difference between PA and chess, is that in chess you wait for your turn, then execute your moves, and the initiative passes to the other player, and in PA, you, and everyone else do their moves simultaneously. You do not have to wait for your turn, it is your turn all the time. You do not have to wait for your galmate to finish arranging his fleet, or another alliance to finish their politics before the turn passes to you, you do it at the same time. This is exactly the same way as RTS games work, and to verify this, you can ask yourself the question; Would PA still be turn-based if ticks happened every millisecond instead of hour? If the answer to that is no, you are saying that the difference is ticklength, and you see that your argument is fundamentally flawed.

Quote:
But i am not only referring to the micro scale. On a macro scale, PA is also turn based. Each night alliances attack. One night alliance A hits alliance B. Next night alliance B will hit alliance A back. Next night Alliance C might join alliance A hitting alliance B, and so on and so forth. PA on a macro level is like a series of events which take place mostly between 3gmt and 7 gmt.
Again, we disagree. Alliance B does not have to wait until the next night, they can in fact hit right back once it is appearant that they are being targetted by alliance A - in fact, they can hit before alliance A if they managed to get a hint of what is happening. This would not happen in a turn-based game, in a turn-based game, alliance B would not know that they were being under attack until alliance A executed their attack, and would be unable to do anything about it before it was their turn to play.

Quote:
So in fact, there are several analogies with turn based games.
Even so, the point is not whether PA is turn based or not, but whether the same criteria that aplies to turn based games applies here. I play my fair share of turn based board games, and my point was that in games where you have 3 players competing for the win things are much more complicated.
I agree that it is more complicated once there are more than 2 contenders, but does that mean you should wait for other alliances to "finish their turn" before you do yours? As I have said already, it is your turn all the time. This is nothing like chess, or go at all. Do you not agree that PA is more similar to Hearts of Iron or Age of Empires than to Civilization-type games? If you disregard the ticklength, you see that it is exactly the same. Without knowing it from a programmers point of view, I imagine that RTS games are programmed the same way as PA, with just an infinitely shorter ticklength.

Quote:
When you have 2 players competing for the win and a third one who has the power to be kingmaker, things are much more complicated. When you have 2 players competing for the win and other players which don't really affect the end result, the stronger player will attack the second stronger player to ensure victory.
All rounds of PA where eX and 1up played fall imo in the last category. This round does not.
As I said already, yes, I agree that it is more complicated when you have 3 contenders. No, not all PA rounds where both eX and 1up have played have had only two contenders. Fact is, if Angels had played their cards right and actually done politics in round 15, they would have been a serious contender. Instead, they chose to go at eXilition alone, while eXilition changed their environment by getting support from other alliances. I am not saying that Angels were as good as eXilition in activity, or military, but I am saying that with the military we had, and the value advantage we had, it should have been well possible to win it. eXilition skewed it to their advantage by bringing other variables into the equation. Obviously none of the alliances playing this round have the competence in High Command that eXilition had, but it should not be an impossible task for them to actually change their environment into one that favors them.

One possible scenario is where you attack one of the two contenders in the top, and let the other one pull ahead while making some friends lower down the top 10. If your HC do not have the confidence in their own alliance to do moves like that, then I would dare to say that they do not think their own alliance good enough to win, and do not really deserve it. If they value a top 3 spot enough not to be able to gamble for the #1, then why do they consider themselves worthy of winning this round?

Last edited by qebab; 23 Feb 2007 at 04:32.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 05:22   #368
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Obviously Destiny are worse than CT and VGN, since obviously CT and VGN manage to outroid Destiny constantly. Should be a good indicator that Destiny can be a kingmaker, like any other alliance which is still playing and not in the top 2.

On the issue of Real Time Strategy vs. Turn Based Strategy games:

Planetarion is indeed real time, as the end of a "turn" is decided automatically. Turn Based Strategy means that the player decides when his turn is over. If you want I can explain the technical background behind it but I think it's rather easy to understand.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 05:39   #369
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

in essense real life is tickbased with the plancktime as tick length. PA as said is realtime with a slightly longer tickbase. in a turnbased game you would have to wait for all others to perform a move whilest you wait in agony seeing your stratagies being pounded to the ground (at least thats how i experience civ2 and chess) in real time you can anticipate every movement made and intervein(sp?) at any given time (even if theres a limit to reaction time).

Also Almeida got some good points when it comes to politics. when 1up and eX entered the game, it was far more valuebased then it is now. It was (with the exception of caths) doable for an alliance to defend its roids against random attacks and therefor it was benificial to go to war with another alliance, actively breaking its defence. You hurt that alliance far more then you hurt yourself. With the current "worth" of XP and the stats at hand, its simply impossible to properly save your roids as alliance. its far more benificial to go out and steal more roids then it is to try and defend the ones you have. As a result its hardly worth it to go to war because an alliance will lose roids every night anyway, you only manage to get less roids yourself meaning you fall behind on the alliances who are not at war.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 08:41   #370
.Disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Obviously Destiny are worse than CT and VGN, since obviously CT and VGN manage to outroid Destiny constantly. Should be a good indicator that Destiny can be a kingmaker, like any other alliance which is still playing and not in the top 2.
your talking out of ur ass dude. At start of round b4 ne mini wars, Destiny was outroiding everyone. Then the mini war came with CT, Destiny held their own, and gradually were taking roids off of CT, but it was that close that CT and Destiny decided to quit the war because VGN were getting a big roid lead because CT and Destiny were just swapping roids.

Then VGN decided to be the kingmaker, attacking soley just Destiny planets, while omen/vision/ct raided them, so Destiny again were matched against quite an evenly matched alliance, and therefore was just swapping roids with them. Hence why Destiny have stayed around the 20k mark all round.

Now VGN have cooled it on Destiny abit, which was shown by Destinys increase in roids 2 days ago, but seems now that xvx/vision/nd are now targetting Destiny in an attempt to claim the 3rd spot.

So how anyone can say that Destiny are a lesser alliance i do not know, its all about politics, still 400 ticks to go, alot can change, but so far CT and VGN have played better politics than Destiny, simple as.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 08:46   #371
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Disc.
your talking out of ur ass dude. At start of round b4 ne mini wars, Destiny was outroiding everyone. Then the mini war came with CT, Destiny held their own, and gradually were taking roids off of CT, but it was that close that CT and Destiny decided to quit the war because VGN were getting a big roid lead because CT and Destiny were just swapping roids.

Then VGN decided to be the kingmaker, attacking soley just Destiny planets, while omen/vision/ct raided them, so Destiny again were matched against quite an evenly matched alliance, and therefore was just swapping roids with them. Hence why Destiny have stayed around the 20k mark all round.

Now VGN have cooled it on Destiny abit, which was shown by Destinys increase in roids 2 days ago, but seems now that xvx/vision/nd are now targetting Destiny in an attempt to claim the 3rd spot.

So how anyone can say that Destiny are a lesser alliance i do not know, its all about politics, still 400 ticks to go, alot can change, but so far CT and VGN have played better politics than Destiny, simple as.
Obviously Destiny did neither manage to recover nor to beat their opposition, so why should they be considered on the same level as VGN / CT? Admittedly, VGN / CT might just fail as much but so far the round development speaks against Destiny's assumed strength.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 08:58   #372
.Disc.

Quote:
Obviously Destiny did neither manage to recover nor to beat their opposition, so why should they be considered on the same level as VGN / CT? Admittedly, VGN / CT might just fail as much but so far the round development speaks against Destiny's assumed strength.
i dont think u understand how much Destiny has been targetted, i think there has only been one night where Destiny has recieved less than 80 incomming fleets, most nights its around 130ish, sometimes as high as 190-200 incomming fleets.

Destinys policy is usually 2 att fleets 1 def fleet, like most alliances im guessing. an alliance with 60 members, 5 or so of which are scanners means 55 defence fleets. even at the smallest incomming of 80, that still leaves 25 people without defence, that is if people can cover 1 wave with 1 def fleet, which is probably rare.

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure other alliances are having the same troubles, but i guarantee its nowhere near the size of Destinys. So to say that Destiny is a lesser alliance than CT/VGN is disrespectful and ill-founded when you do not know the circumstances of why they are in that situation. and your basing your whole arguement on roids, roids aren't as important, because they are swapped around so much that it isnt as important as it used to be, because u know it will be easyish to get them back. if you want to judge an alliance, judge it on its Value, and score, and it has only been in the last day that CT has overtaken Destiny on average score, and VGN still haven't, although it changes, so aslong as the values are even, this can still tilt either way
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:08   #373
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

CT has had the 2nd best ave score behind h3lls angels all week, maybe longer
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:18   #374
Heartless

Quote:
excuses, excuses
Then act like a top alliance and change the environment in this universe towards your favour. If you don't manage to do that, sorry, no "top" to put in front of your alliance then.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:23   #375
.Disc.

Quote:
Then act like a top alliance and change the environment in this universe towards your favour. If you don't manage to do that, sorry, no "top" to put in front of your alliance then.
lmao, im not HC, if i was then Destiny would be a joke, but i cannot change politics, and neither can Destiny hc overnight.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:36   #376
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
It amuses me that after round after round everyone whines non-stop about blocks, yet we see an evenly matched round with no blocks and all of a sudden the bigger alliances are moaned at for not blocking.

I have seen lots of ascendency posts now asking for blocks. What exactly has it to do with you anyway?
Why should others do things just to please you?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:41   #377
Heartless

Quote:
It amuses me that after round after round everyone whines non-stop about blocks, yet we see an evenly matched round with no blocks and all of a sudden the bigger alliances are moaned at for not blocking.
Fluid politics. Not permanent blocks from PT 0 to PT 123456.

Quote:
I have seen lots of ascendency posts now asking for blocks. What exactly has it to do with you anyway?
Why should others do things just to please you?
We're the speaking part of the general populace asking for entertainment.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:43   #378
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wrong. R15 1up and eX were much stronger than Angels. That became clear the first moment eX targetted angels. As much as i love angels, they were never contenders in r15.

This round you can't claim that either VGN or CT are much better than Destiny. If you followed the short 'wars' between CT and Destiny first, and between Destiny and Gosu / VGN later, you will see that no alliance came out a clear winner. What happened was one alliance lost roids one night, and the next night it was the other alliance. In between, both alliances lost value due to crashes, and lost roids to the rest of the universe.
Man what game are you playing. After a few weeks it turned out Angels wasn't as strong, yes, but even they didn't crumble day 1. Just like Destiny (who are having it easier then Angels r15).

Quote:
lmao, im not HC, if i was then Destiny would be a joke, but i cannot change politics, and neither can Destiny hc overnight.
Destiny IS a joke with people like you running loose.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:56   #379
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

That is an interesting point you raise.

Entertainment for who?

Are you saying the smaller alliances deserve the entertainment of war? If you are, they are quite capable of hitting the alliances around them for rank, are they not? Then they will be in a war, and can enjoy that.

The smaller alliances arent at war with those around them, so they have NO right to expect anyone else to be at war.

Why should the bigger alliances go to war just to entertain the smaller alliances, when the smaller alliances arent doing so themsleves?
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:58   #380
Forest

And who exactly made Ascendency the speaking part for the general populace anyway?

Maybe you dont give the smaller alliances enough credit. They have a tongue. They have ability. You dont speak for them at all.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:58   #381
qebab
The Original Carebear

Do you even hear yourself, Forest? You are justifying spending the entire round doing galaxyraids, or "not going to war". Not what I would expect from the great Forest, indeed it's not.

Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:59   #382
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
And who exactly made Ascendency the speaking part for the general populace anyway?
God.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 10:00   #383
Forest

Quote:
Do you even hear yourself, Forest? You are justifying spending the entire round doing galaxyraids, or "not going to war". Not what I would expect from the great Forest, indeed it's not.
No I am not, not at all.

If it was up to me, there would be a totally different course of action.

What I a, trying to justify is the HC of the alliances concerned, to be able to take the course of action that they believe is right, and am saying the reasons beng given here for war are inappropriate ones.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 10:13   #384
.Disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom

Destiny IS a joke with people like you running loose.
Shhhh
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 11:34   #385
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

as I said in another thread, we have absolutely no responsability to entertain you. Our only responsability is to provide our membership the tools and support to be successful. If that doesn't fill your prime time TV line up...tough shit
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 11:50   #386
qebab
The Original Carebear

If your tools and support consist of letting your alliance wave 320k score planets with 300 roids, then I'll say "tough shit, CT".

Edit: First attacker get exactly 0 xp. Second attacker get 93 xp (5.6k score) if the first attacker doesn't land.

Unread 23 Feb 2007, 11:51   #387
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

well as long as they have the tools and support to bre sucessful in roiding that planet qebab. They will be achieving what they wanted!
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 11:51   #388
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd hit that :/
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 11:54   #389
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Lo mate. You cant claim that we've done any of that shit. We've targetted alliances, hit alliances gals and generally done what we feel we need to do to put ourselves in a competitive position (which we have) to win this round. Look at eXilitions rounds, apart from the round where they went to war from pt 72 with 1up, theyve sat back until this sort of time before going to war and built value whilst other allys have crashed it. This may or may not be what CT are doing, thats for you guys to figure. But as Duck said, we have no responsibility to entertain anyone. Especially not Ascendancy who 1 second will claim there not playing actively etc, then a day later there on AD claiming were not entertained. If you want to be entertained join a good alliance and get involved. Im damn sure that ive been entertained this round and continue to be.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 12:08   #390
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Please can we stop the ad hominems now it's getting embarassing for you guys.

I'm honestly amused that people try to justify a turgid and negative targeting and political policy by pointing the finger at a bunch of players who have quite honestly, seen better days and are just playing to avoid the stress. You may say there are many of us with good planets, but getting a good planet has never been the hard part of planetarion. Just because we play in our own way doesn't mean we don't have the right to commentate that the game is being played poorly at the highest level. If anything, we have more experience of it than anyone else.

I mean seriously, to see top alliances justifying why they should roid 300 roid 300k score planets to the ground instead of attacking their enemies? It's just pathetic, it really is. And that's before we get to Caj's defence force, I mean Destiny.

Last edited by lokken; 23 Feb 2007 at 12:14.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 12:21   #391
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I picked targets for CT last night. There were 2 targets anywhere near that score and they were labelled ****SCANNER**** for our scanners to get some cheap XP roids. So stop talking out of your rear.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 12:25   #392
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Edit: First attacker get exactly 0 xp. Second attacker get 93 xp (5.6k score) if the first attacker doesn't land.
Argue with qeb's galstatus, because the face ain't listening.

Edit: the scans were even better, but we can't post them here.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 12:33   #393
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

im currently faceing multiple waves of incs, a couple of these are asc planets...i have 260 roids

so please stop criticising CT for shit your doing yourself

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 12:38   #394
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
im currently faceing multiple waves of incs, a couple of these are asc planets...i have 260 roids

We're not playing to win, at the highest level of the game. We generally load up sandmans, consult Munin and go "oh nice xp/rocks from that one" and launch. We don't need to target anyone, because we have no enemies or competition. ND absolutely wrecked my galaxy and double booked with CT the other day. We were a nice target to be fair, but what we had to do with helping CT succeed in their aims I'm not entirely sure. The point is context.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 12:46   #395
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

I have 8 waves, or did have 8 waves. one guy has sent 260k fleet value at me for 25% of 100 roids. lets not mention the 2 after that.

There are afew CT attackers in there afaik <3
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 12:47   #396
Heartless

I think us "dinosaurs" should just stop complaining and face the reality: quality either left the game or plays inactive, we are left with a bunch of incompetent officers which have no clue about winning a war and only cater their flagships.
That the remaining flagships have no interest in a war because their only aim is a high planet ranking has been proven round after round lately with those "flagship battlegroups" hopping alliances in a way they think that they'd benefit most.

Whether this is a sad development or not is left to eachs own judgement.

Personally I do consider it as a sad development because I remember how exciting a war was every time one was fought. Yes it was tiring. But it was always fun to smack your enemy around (or to watch yourself getting smacked). It's been a huge lot more fun than the repetitive "check for scans at 22 GMT, pick your target, go to sleep, get up at 04.30 GMT, launch your fleet, get to work, check attack in lunchbreak." scheme that is followed by almost everyone who is left playing.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 12:53   #397
Forest

I think again you are forgetting that the bigger alliances are being hit by 50 different waves (and thats just reported, and not counting multiple attackers on the same wave), of pure random incomings.

A long war under them circumstances just isnt gonna happen. The game this round is shocking, and I fully expect it to be the last.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 12:59   #398
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I think us "dinosaurs" should just stop complaining and face the reality: quality either left the game or plays inactive, we are left with a bunch of incompetent officers which have no clue about winning a war and only cater their flagships.
That the remaining flagships have no interest in a war because their only aim is a high planet ranking has been proven round after round lately with those "flagship battlegroups" hopping alliances in a way they think that they'd benefit most.

Whether this is a sad development or not is left to eachs own judgement.

Personally I do consider it as a sad development because I remember how exciting a war was every time one was fought. Yes it was tiring. But it was always fun to smack your enemy around (or to watch yourself getting smacked). It's been a huge lot more fun than the repetitive "check for scans at 22 GMT, pick your target, go to sleep, get up at 04.30 GMT, launch your fleet, get to work, check attack in lunchbreak." scheme that is followed by almost everyone who is left playing.
Negative as allways hearty ?

If you hate it so much why still play ?
Would make for less negative sh*t on the forums
Or is this the new way of posting stuff on the forums ? if so count me out, i'll just try and play the game and have fun.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 13:35   #399
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek

Cool, that's more than twenty-seven members of Ascendancy. Congratulations on running such a good planet!
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 13:39   #400
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

look, you know what, if Ascendancy are that bothered about the standards of alliances not playing for the win this round do the bloody job yourself.

if your not willing to join the tier 3's, shut the hell up complaining about a situation you have sod all to do with in asc. your not entertained? tough shit. you want entertainment go to a bloody circus..

**** sake

you call yourself pros yet all you do is circle jerk on AD claiming how great you are. you abused a flawed system to claim a win without fighting at all. real ****ing 1337

god this community is full of egotists and spoilt bratts

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote