User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 20 Jan 2007, 20:14   #1
Jaro
Old Dog

Jaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting Roids and XP are too easy!!

I have read many threads where people talk about skill. And no, I am not a Great player, but I am a Good player. I have been playing since round 2. If you want to put some skill back into the game:

Then roiding should be like it was in the early rounds. PODS SHOULD FIRE LAST, AND YOU SHOULD ONLY GET ROIDS IF YOUR PODS SURVIVE. This would stop Ziks being roided all the time. Getting roids even if all your pods die is too easy.

Also, the formula for XP should change. XP SHOULD BE EARNED ACCORDING TO HOW MUCH OF YOUR ATTACKING FLEET REMAINS AFTER THE BATTLE. Example: earn 100% XP if no ships die. Earn 75% XP if 80% of your fleet survives, 50% XP if 60% survives, 0% XP if 40% survive. Or something like that. This would put an end to suicide attacks for XP, and so called XP whores.

Anyway, just some thoughts I've had for a while. Any opinions?
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 20:27   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Getting Roids and XP are too easy!!

I would have to say that UNNECESSARY CAPITALISATION IS ****ING GAY pods do fire last now.
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 20:29   #3
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

1) roiding: Pods DO fire last (only stealers shoot afterwards) and they only cap roids if they they survive, so i don't see the point in what you said.

2) if XP gets change that way it encourages bashing. i would only attack small planets with crap fleets; cap their roids, my entire fleet survives and i get XP for that. that's not why XP was introduced. it was ment as a reward to hit bigger planets, not smaller ones.

what i agree on with you is: XP should be changed (got nfi how though) and XP whoring and suicide attacks should be stopped
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 20:40   #4
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

If steal ships die on a 1:1 ratio of stealing, then pods should fire after steal ships. Otherwise, it's fine the way it is.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 20:50   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
If steal ships die on a 1:1 ratio of stealing, then pods should fire after steal ships. Otherwise, it's fine the way it is.
They do!
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 20:57   #6
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Goes to show how much Ive actually kept up. Zik's definantly going to suck now. Oh yeah, the Etd race should have a prettier color (yes, i'm american) in the background of stats page. Mabye a light purple--it'd remind me of JBG. They need some better ship names too--looks to me someone just searched on thesaurus.com for synonyms of entrepreneur for more than half the shipnames.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 22:44   #7
Koks

Koks will become famous soon enoughKoks will become famous soon enough

If xp were added if all your fleets survive, would just make the big bigger, as they just build huge attack fleets and overkill.
Unread 21 Jan 2007, 01:41   #8
Jaro
Old Dog

I see now in the new ship stats, pod init has changed to 30

Great!
Unread 21 Jan 2007, 01:55   #9
Jaro
Old Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
if XP gets change that way it encourages bashing. i would only attack small planets with crap fleets; cap their roids, my entire fleet survives and i get XP for that. that's not why XP was introduced. it was ment as a reward to hit bigger planets, not smaller ones.

what i agree on with you is: XP should be changed (got nfi how though) and XP whoring and suicide attacks should be stopped

Well, to stop the bashing of smaller planets, then calculation could have more added to it like:

planets smaller than you, XP would be divided by 2
Example: Earn 75% XP/2 if 80% of your fleet survives
Unread 21 Jan 2007, 05:08   #10
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaro
I see now in the new ship stats, pod init has changed to 30

Great!
You sure speak lousy English for someone playing since r2!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2007, 05:35   #11
Jaro
Old Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
I think you are very childish to make such a comment. And by the way, I am not speaking. This is considered writing.
Unread 21 Jan 2007, 05:38   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaro
I think you are very childish to make such a comment. And by the way, I am not speaking. This is considered writing.
Actually it's considered typing. While we're being pedantic y'know. That said, bad stoom, stay on topic.
Unread 24 Jan 2007, 07:35   #13
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom

not everyone posting on here is english, and english is far from there first language, I think its quite encouraging to see that people are courageous enough to post on a forum renowned for slandering everyone in a language over than there mother tongue, I know i wouldnt start posting on a norwegian forum, if i could even understand what people were talking about in the first place.
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2007, 09:49   #14
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
not everyone posting on here is english, and english is far from there first language, I think its quite encouraging to see that people are courageous enough to post on a forum renowned for slandering everyone in a language over than there mother tongue, I know i wouldnt start posting on a norwegian forum, if i could even understand what people were talking about in the first place.
I was being sarcastic.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote