User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 19 Dec 2006, 20:05   #51
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Re: Round 20 Superpowers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Sure, but support them to finish high in the top 5 (probable) as opposed to top 1 (very unlikely). It's not all about winning, no matter what some might say. If you have a chance of getting #1, go for it and don't look back. If you don't, then aim to finish as high as you can.
furball get down of your high horse you sit on and face reality. 'probable' top 5? even though on comeback round achieveing top 5, you dont make any sence, perhaps if you would have said T3 then you would have had some significance in your post, but your just having a laugh.

Vision as i stated, i believe have a chance for #1 so theres a chance, so i will 'go for it' and put my bets that way.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 20:22   #52
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Okay i dont mean to be stupid or bitchy but how can you win this bluntly? Suiciding fleets but not as much as everyone else? Being able to launch more fleets than everyone else? People getting up to cover def calls?

How can that be described as blunt. Thats simply how you win, end of.
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 20:40   #53
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Okay i dont mean to be stupid or bitchy but how can you win this bluntly? Suiciding fleets but not as much as everyone else? Being able to launch more fleets than everyone else? People getting up to cover def calls?

How can that be described as blunt. Thats simply how you win, end of.
Well all I did was describe CT as a 'blunt instrument' i.e. an object very good at hitting people with, but nothing particularly spectacular.

I didn't say they would win bluntly I simply compared them to an object of my choosing to reflect their prospects. They'll be pretty constant, not as good as exilition and will grind it out 'cos man for man they can probably bludgeon other alliances reasonably effectively.

Plus last round was pretty entertaining so this one will probably be much the opposite.
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 20:41   #54
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
We have you for that right?
No, you had the 1up propaganda crew a couple of rounds back but they have disappeared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycus
This of course does not apply to Kila, because Kila will never be good no matter what. =^.^=
I feel the love
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 20:43   #55
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Id actually prefer NewDawn over CT anyday. For beginners CT reminds me to much of NoS (Novus Ordo Seclorum) and its a constructed new alliance and i'd prefer anyone with some actual existance in the game to win instead of a new constructed superalliance. Well, cept F-Crew and ToF anyways.
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 20:51   #56
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

TGV in blocking against ToF/F-Crew non shocker?!
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 21:08   #57
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Well all I did was describe CT as a 'blunt instrument' i.e. an object very good at hitting people with, but nothing particularly spectacular.

I didn't say they would win bluntly I simply compared them to an object of my choosing to reflect their prospects. They'll be pretty constant, not as good as exilition and will grind it out 'cos man for man they can probably bludgeon other alliances reasonably effectively.
You're perfectly entitled to your prejudices, but it would be appropriate to point out that you know very little about CT: I presume you're ignorant to it's memberbase, it's intended style of play or it's strategical plan (although there shouldn't be one yet). To think that all it will do is battle it out hard and straight might be to underestimate the potential for some kind of flair and innovation. It's not only Ascendancy who can be original.

Quote:
Plus last round was pretty entertaining so this one will probably be much the opposite.
I found it particularly dull to be quite honest. But then again being in the top gal (were you?) would make it entertaining. Alliance wise it was a complete mess.
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 21:54   #58
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous
You're perfectly entitled to your prejudices, but it would be appropriate to point out that you know very little about CT: I presume you're ignorant to it's memberbase, it's intended style of play or it's strategical plan (although there shouldn't be one yet). To think that all it will do is battle it out hard and straight might be to underestimate the potential for some kind of flair and innovation. It's not only Ascendancy who can be original.
I wouldn't say prejudices, more expectations. Prejudice suggests I dislike CT in some way; not true, I've got nothing to dislike about them. There have been many boring winners in PA, all well earned, each increasingly pointless. I can comment about thinking they will win with a distinct lack of flair, it's up to them to prove me wrong if they want. I don't mind either way, although it would be nice to be right.

Quote:
I found it particularly dull to be quite honest. But then again being in the top gal (were you?) would make it entertaining. Alliance wise it was a complete mess.
I thought it was quite good, as although alliances as military machines eX apart were poor, there were several vices that alliances found themselves in politically, which brought out the best and the worst in them.

As for my galaxy, I got more from helping to create the best graph ever rather than the actual win, which ended up being a coast to victory in the end.
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 22:11   #59
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wouldn't say prejudices, more expectations. Prejudice suggests I dislike CT in some way; not true, I've got nothing to dislike about them.
That wasn't the implication, nor the meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.dictionary.com
prej·u·dice /ˈprɛdʒədɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prej-uh-dis] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -diced, -dic·ing.
–noun
1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
Your opinions are based on very few facts and feelings (prejudices) about their HC (I presume?) and other minor pieces of information. Those prejudices breed your expectations.

Not to be pedantic :-P
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 22:26   #60
Kenny

Quote:
Clearly. Especially if XP is strenghthened!
you missed the top gal last round then I take it?
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 22:26   #61
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
TGV in blocking against ToF/F-Crew non shocker?!
Its no small secret that kargool can't stand ToF, same with Furball and some other people.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 22:27   #62
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Id actually prefer NewDawn over CT anyday. For beginners CT reminds me to much of NoS (Novus Ordo Seclorum) and its a constructed new alliance and i'd prefer anyone with some actual existance in the game to win instead of a new constructed superalliance. Well, cept F-Crew and ToF anyways.
comparing CT to NoS (especially the NoS you were part of, not the r4 variety) is almost the funniest thing I've read on these forums in months
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 22:27   #63
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I'm not. Saying that they will win by brute force is just a polite way of me thinking they are probably going to be quite crap but will able to attract enough decent enough players using their connections to win.

They look very bland indeed. It's hard to get excited about an alliance like CT.
as opposed to who? just curious about who in your opinion is exciting
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 22:33   #64
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
as opposed to who? just curious about who in your opinion is exciting
I'm exciting.

>.>

<.<

=^.^=
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 22:43   #65
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
comparing CT to NoS (especially the NoS you were part of, not the r4 variety) is almost the funniest thing I've read on these forums in months
More comparing CT's back story to the one of NoS. You know the whole copycat of the Illuminati thing in your recruitment thread.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 00:42   #66
_Kila_
break it down!

I think I'll have to agree with Alexis, I think that the round was boring mainly due to the fact that everyone not in ND/FO knew that they would just be fighting each other and by the time they turn on eXi, eXi will be too big and have too much value.

Quote:
As for my galaxy, I got more from helping to create the best graph ever rather than the actual win, which ended up being a coast to victory in the end.
Funny that Ascend is part of Ascendancy eh?

(Before someone tells me otherwise, Ascendancy means "Superiority or decisive advantage; domination")
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 00:43   #67
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

I can say with a fair amount of certainty that NoS wasn't even a inkling of thought when we decided to name this alliance. And NoS certainly had absolutely nothing to do with the recruitment thread
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 01:27   #68
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
You mean like this round where we hit both ND & Omen (when they were still alone) and stayed loyal to our allies?
An alliance like ToF can't affect the outcome of a round on it's own, this round we tried alot, but lack of communication with our allies made this hard.
I would say that ToF's general political direction was not decided by ToF, but by Angels. You may have consented to each move, but still - if Angels said jump, you probably would jump.

What I'm talking about is starting a round solo and making various agreements at various times as it suits you, not as it suits others. Sure, ride other alliances' coat-tails to top ranks, but only attach yourself once you're confident that they're going to win. Blocking in the first few hundred ticks just isn't the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Its no small secret that kargool can't stand ToF, same with Furball and some other people.

If you've got such a great core, then bloody do something with it as opposed to attaching yourselves to other alliances all round. If you deserve your top 5 positions as much as you say you do, you should go for #1, otherwise you're just wasting your potential. For starters, don't ally with FO all round.

Oh, and I concur with lokken over CT being a blunt instrument. I'm confident that their players will have the ability to bash their opponents into submission, assuming that this 'Destiny' thing isn't as big as some are making it out to be.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 02:04   #69
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not only Ascendancy who can be original.
Disagreed.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 02:17   #70
Vas
ROCK biatch

Vas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
In Round 14 ToF finished 4th. Again, a false reality because of the collapse of Insomnia, Hydra and LCH. Pretending otherwise would be, I think, a mistake. Frankly until ToF start getting properly involved in alliance politics and attempting to influence the outcome of the round, it'll be very difficult for anyone to take them seriously.

You don't have to be a top 5 alliance to do that. Trust me.
I might of knew you would say that, ToF deserved finishing 4th r14 it was not our fault alliances in front of us crumbled away. We played with a most active core of players and plus we fought Reunion that round it was an improvement on ToF from the previous round's shambles.

[VanX][ToF][xVx][PK][Subh][InS][Omen][Destiny][ROCK]

Proud to been a Member of Gal 1:6 R18
Vas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 02:40   #71
Goodfellah
*** [ToF] Yakuza ***

Goodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura about

well r14 wasnt other alliances that gave us the top 5 rank, we took it on our own, just like we did last round. If u think, furball, we attach us so much to other alliances, then why have we played most rounds after r13 without being in a real block ( not counting last round ). U may dislike us, but who bloody cares :crymeariver:
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 02:40   #72
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

jerome wjins. As he sorted wakeup call for me in the morning. So I can wake up for the train. PA community <3 for waking meup. Especiallt Stoom. Stoom rocks.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 02:41   #73
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

posrep me u fag
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 02:44   #74
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would say that ToF's general political direction was not decided by ToF, but by Angels. You may have consented to each move, but still - if Angels said jump, you probably would jump.

What I'm talking about is starting a round solo and making various agreements at various times as it suits you, not as it suits others. Sure, ride other alliances' coat-tails to top ranks, but only attach yourself once you're confident that they're going to win. Blocking in the first few hundred ticks just isn't the same.
Just to get the story straight, we were the ones that approached Angels to hit Omen, not the other way around. We hit Omen together a couple of times and then we went our seperate way again, only keeping a NAP.
You obviously have no idea WTF you're talking about, since ToF always starts the round solo, and makes their political agreements as it suits themselves, not others.
Hell, alot of rounds ToF even stayed solo the entire round, so saying we attach ourselves to other alliances is nothing more than a blatant lie by somebody who is completly clueless on what ToF is and who runs it and in what way they run it.

Quote:
If you've got such a great core, then bloody do something with it as opposed to attaching yourselves to other alliances all round. If you deserve your top 5 positions as much as you say you do, you should go for #1, otherwise you're just wasting your potential. For starters, don't ally with FO all round.
Stuff like that makes me wonder if you actually have bothered to read what i posted.
Show me 1 (that ain't much aint it?) quote from me from this thread where i've said ToF has a such a great core. I'm sure you can read this thread over and over again and not find me saying that.
I said we had a fun core, not a great core in playing style like eXi/1up/Angels/Omen.

We deserved our t5 spot this round, and it was the best we could get out of this round, you should know (being one of the people that think they know EVERYTHING there is to know about PA) that it is a huge jump from being a T5 alliance to a contender for #1. We're not wasting our potential, we're getting the maximum we can get out of our group of players and i wouldn't want it any other way.

and FYI: we didn't ally FO the entire round before you post another reply without actually reading what I've said:
Around tick 3-500 we aproached Angels to hit Omen together.
After a couple of night targetting them we went our own way again, only keeping a NAP in place.
After that we pretty much did everything on our own except keeping the naps so atleast some of the universe would lay of us.
There were some talks of hitting together, but there simply wasn't enough communication from Angels part to make that work (they were never around when we needed them, infact most communication we had with them was recalling friendly fire from both ways).

Claiming we rode Angels to our spot is very wrong and tbh, I don't even know where you got your information from or if you just invented it yourself based on some stuff you might have read that isn't accurate.

:edit: If we would have jumped when FO asked us to jump, don't you think we would have attacked eXi like they asked us to do and we didn't caus going to war with eXi just wasn't in our best intrest?
Have you ever bothered to talk to a ToF HC before you start posting crap like that? Maybe get your story straight, know the facts, not rely on simply what you think is the truth?

But still, you're always posting in a way like this when it comes to ToF so i'm not very suprised.
I just wonder what we ever did to you to get you to badmouth us for such a long time now, maybe we ate your pie or something...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]

Last edited by Veedeejem!; 20 Dec 2006 at 03:35.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 02:55   #75
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

As this thread is about superpowers according to its topic I have to say i find it quite interesting that ToF is mentioned all the time and same goes for vision in a way. You can only be a superpower if you dominate a round politically and militarily, which neither of them did in the last few rounds. Which doesn't mean I think they are shit alliances and are unable to compete for the top spot. It simply means that politically they pretty much bound their politics to angels last round. Any claims to superpower status are therefore to be proven in the next round. Until then they are top5 allies, which is an achievement, no questions there, but it doesnt grant superpower status.

As a sidenote i'd like to add i like these alliances better than the typical arrogant superpower alliances. So please don't think im trying to belittle either ToF or VsN. I'm a visionair after all.

And cba stop promoting us. If they don't think we're a danger we'll get less incs.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 03:04   #76
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

As i've said so many previous times in this thread, ToF isn't a superpower, but certain (arrogant) people, who claim to know all but instead know shit, seem to have a hard-on for discrediting and belittleing us.
So it's only natural I defend my alliance, even if the thread isn't about that, I simply don't give a ****

Unread 20 Dec 2006, 03:07   #77
Lei~
~Gon

It wasnt an attack either. My guesses on superpowers btw are FO in whatever form and CT. I dont know when i wasnt wrong with those predictions in the last few rounds though, so probably NewDawn will win now. Kinda forgot to add that in my crusade to bring the discussion on topic again.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 04:37   #78
Mr Person
Bloke

Mr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the rough

I think people tend to underestimate NewDawn. They've never been the 'best' I guess, but for a number of rounds they've been a very capable alliance, as proven again in the last (despite the suicides I am informed of )

As such, I've gotta think they're in with a real shot this time, and I'd be happy to see them win. FO, if they come out with the same strength they finished with, will of course be very close. CT I don't know enough about yet, but I hope they're not another 'super alliance'. Like Kargool said, it'd be nice to see an established old force take one rather than another new construction (no offence to the members of CT of course!)

PS. Not so many mentions of ToF please, you made me post :/
PPS. Angels really were only occasional partners for us this round, despite the NAP. Unlike Vision, who we now <3

ToF forever
Mr Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 04:50   #79
Satyr

Satyr has a spectacular aura aboutSatyr has a spectacular aura aboutSatyr has a spectacular aura about

Destiny will win.
Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 05:05   #80
Lei~
~Gon

Destiny should make a post on recruitment forums :/
I have no clue about them and cant be bothered to log on irc :/
But it may be i really cant say anything about them.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 10:02   #81
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
Destiny will win.
Aren't you in Ct?
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 11:13   #82
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Aren't you in Ct?
plausable denyability
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 11:14   #83
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
plausable denyability
Bad spelling.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 11:30   #84
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Bad spelling.
well spelling has always been a strenght of mine
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 11:43   #85
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei~
Destiny should make a post on recruitment forums :/
I have no clue about them and cant be bothered to log on irc :/
But it may be i really cant say anything about them.
They do not need one. Chuck Norris is doing their recruitment
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 11:57   #86
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
well spelling has always been a strenght of mine
and again \o/
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 13:09   #87
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

maybe u all should stop looking at the alliances who just spread propaganda in hope others want a NAP or be affraid of them. u cant say what alliance will do great and which will not. it's too plain early for that. and what destiny and CT concerns i want to see it first before i say theyre good. this means a nice ranking great defence/fleetcatches and ofc good attacks. perhaps all those alliances who have been around and build a good core by time will do great and have a huge impact. you are only #1 if others want you to be otherwise u will never make it.
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 13:15   #88
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hylands
u cant say what alliance will do great and which will not
O'rly?
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 13:16   #89
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

u can only guess. or know every alliance theyre complete politics
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 13:18   #90
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Get out of your own arse please.

On the topic of superpower alliances the only ones I realistically see capable of becoming one are Destiny and CT. You don't change into a superpower alliance if you already have an established history of playing behind you. That said I doubt either alliance will. I just hope we don't end up with something like r10.5 to be honest.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 20 Dec 2006 at 13:24.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 13:53   #91
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Get out of your own arse please.
It was the highlight of my pa career, you think I am going to let people forget about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
On the topic of superpower alliances the only ones I realistically see capable of becoming one are Destiny and CT. You don't change into a superpower alliance if you already have an established history of playing behind you. That said I doubt either alliance will. I just hope we don't end up with something like r10.5 to be honest.
I always thought you become a superpower when you win things consistently and are hard to beat. For example the reason why eXilition are considered a superpower is because they have won every round they have played. They have this sense of untouchables, hard to beat etc.

An alliance like Ascendancy (which has shown that it can compete and win rounds and shit) doesn't have the superpower status. The reason for this is that people believe they can beat Ascendancy, there isn't the same fear of a backlash from Ascendancy as there is off say eXilition.

Thinking about it Ascendancy is a bad comparison to make. Lets take Angels which is known for having a good group of skilled players. They wont be seen as a superpower even though they might have the same set of players as say eXil until they win a round and then grind out victories.

I guess that is why Fury, VtS etc were seen as superpowers as they were the alliances that would win the round and they were the alliances to beat.

If CT or Destiny want to become the superpower they need to be established and have a proven record of winning.

While I'm sure there HC and member base has this track record its one thing on paper, it's another thing in practice.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 14:06   #92
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

it's not about winning, it's about the strength. see xanadu
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 14:18   #93
pig
1up on you

Agreed to a certain extent, but how do you know whether or not it will be a superpower until you have seen it in action?

But yes Xanadu is a fine example.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 14:19   #94
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I always thought you become a superpower when you win things consistently and are hard to beat. For example the reason why eXilition are considered a superpower is because they have won every round they have played. They have this sense of untouchables, hard to beat etc.
No, you just have to be damn near impossible to beat. This involves a certain type of playerbase which no alliance I'm currently aware of has. I don't know who's in Destiny or CT, beyond HCs, so I don't know if they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Agreed to a certain extent, but how do you know whether or not it will be a superpower until you have seen it in action?
You can predict!
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 18:34   #95
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

CT is full of too big ego's, they won't gel, and there will be a struggle for who wants control, i can see alot of spying, alot of backstabbing, and if they do end up being good, i can see alot of big headed twats on forums.....

So, Destiny i think are as good if not better than CT, but not a proven force, plus it will obviously take time for them to gel, get to know the right formulas etc.

NewDawn imo will win the round, theyve been close on many occasions, with imo the distinct lack of quality in PA these days, i think the established core of ND will win, aslong as their fruitcaked brained HC don't ruin it for the players that have tried on many occasions, only to be let down by their HC

Therefore: CT = Will disband within 2 round due to too many big ego's. Spy galore and big headed players wanting more than CT can offer them, also the ammount of egocentrical players in their i expect very little defence as many ppl will be 2 fleeting and keeping one home to run incase of FC.

Destiny - Good solid players, proven players, will take time for them to reach their best and for Destiny to find the right formula, therefore not this round, but look out for them.

NewDawn - Finally win a round, HC made a few bad decisions along the way, but they scraped over the line!

Top5 =

NewDawn
Destiny
FO
ToF
CT
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 18:40   #96
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

I SURE HOPE I CAN HAVE PINEAPPLE IN MY FRUITCAKE BRAIN.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 18:50   #97
.Disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
I SURE HOPE I CAN HAVE PINEAPPLE IN MY FRUITCAKE BRAIN.

Fruitcake's don't have pineapples in them :S itsa mix of raisons, cherries, orange peel etc, has an autumny taste, sorry but no
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 18:55   #98
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Disc.
CT is full of too big ego's, they won't gel
As was 1up, and they gelled pretty well for the first 2 rounds at least.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 18:59   #99
.Disc.

I've known Bashar for ages and i wouldnt say he is big headed, i dont know Zhil as well but id say he isn't that bad, Mazzelar? i have nfi! but i just see alot of big headed guys in CT, looks more like a BG
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 19:11   #100
Furyous

i'll have soddomised whichever big headed treturous spy gave you the memberlist!

Last edited by Furyous; 20 Dec 2006 at 20:57.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote